Data exchange ical, adressbook & excel 2008

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

hi guys <br>
0
marqito

Export the Addressbook to .vcf format, import it to Entourage, export from
Entourage as comma-separated values, and Excel will suck it right in.

Sorry, it's messy: but Addressbook was designed to lock you in as tight as
possible :-)

Cheers

On 17/04/10 6:53 PM, in article 59bb70d9.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"marqito@officeformac.com" <marqito@officeformac.com> wrote:

> hi guys
> i'm looking for a possability to get access from a excel file to my adressbook
> in osx. is there a way to do it?
>
> thanks for help
>
> marqito

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John
4/17/2010 11:40:43 AM
Hi John <br>
thank's for your quick answer. What about ical? As a matter of fact i use both of it, ical and the adress book with a exchange account. Is it possible to use an exchange server as a data source? <br><br>Thank you Marqito
0
marqito
4/17/2010 12:53:24 PM
Sorry, iCal seems able to export only to .ics, Entourage can import .ics but
it can't export these to .csv.

If you were using Microsoft Outlook to address your Exchange Server, and you
were prepared to hack enough VBA, you could do anything you like.

But I think you're about to cross the line where the amount of hacking you
would have to do exceeds the value of the result.  If you want to play these
games, it's far preferable to start with software designed for the job, such
as MS Project Server or SQL Server.

Cheers

On 17/04/10 10:53 PM, in article 59bb70d9.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"marqito@officeformac.com" <marqito@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Hi John
> thank's for your quick answer. What about ical? As a matter of fact i use both
> of it, ical and the adress book with a exchange account. Is it possible to use
> an exchange server as a data source?
>
> Thank you Marqito

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John

Excel not Access