Check boxes and conditional formatting

I'm still working with a worksheet, and I got it so if you type or
select from a list the word "TRUE" into a cell in column G, then
columns A-F in that row will have their font changed to bright red.

So that's figured out.

But if I want to get all fancy and put a checkbox or radio button in
each cell of the G column that will do the same thing (change the font
color of the row to red, then back to black when unchecked) how do I
do that? I got a macro to work on checking the box, although I don't
know how easily I can copy and paste it all for 1500+ rows) but I
can't assign a "turn to black" macro on the same checkbox.

Clear? Hmmm?

Maybe I should just forget about it all and leave it with my drop-down
list.

I'm working in Mac Excel 2008, and also 2004 (to create the macros.)
0
fogharty

On 5/4/10 11:57 AM, fogharty wrote:
> I'm still working with a worksheet, and I got it so if you type or
> select from a list the word "TRUE" into a cell in column G, then
> columns A-F in that row will have their font changed to bright red.
>
> So that's figured out.
>
> But if I want to get all fancy and put a checkbox or radio button in
> each cell of the G column that will do the same thing (change the font
> color of the row to red, then back to black when unchecked) how do I
> do that? I got a macro to work on checking the box, although I don't
> know how easily I can copy and paste it all for 1500+ rows) but I
> can't assign a "turn to black" macro on the same checkbox.
>
> Clear? Hmmm?
>
> Maybe I should just forget about it all and leave it with my drop-down
> list.
>
> I'm working in Mac Excel 2008, and also 2004 (to create the macros.)
use a conditional format as you have already done, but have the format
look at the contents of the cell that the control links to.

--

Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom
0

So now I have the conditional formatting all working, I just need to
figure out how to copy and past a 1000+ check boxes for each row in
column "G" and have it link to the relative cell for each row; I can
do it manually, but there *should* be a way to automate it, wither
with AppleScript or a macro.

> use a conditional format as you have already done, but have the format
> look at the contents of the cell that the control links to.
>
> --
>
> Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom

0
fogharty
5/4/2010 8:51:52 PM
On 5/4/10 4:51 PM, fogharty wrote:
> Thanks, that worked!
>
> So now I have the conditional formatting all working, I just need to
> figure out how to copy and past a 1000+ check boxes for each row in
> column "G" and have it link to the relative cell for each row; I can
> do it manually, but there *should* be a way to automate it, wither
> with AppleScript or a macro.
>
>> use a conditional format as you have already done, but have the format
>> look at the contents of the cell that the control links to.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom

Ther is indeed a way to automate it with either Applescript or an XLM
macro. You'll have to write a macor to do it.

--

Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom
0
Bob
5/5/2010 2:27:49 PM
Thanks Bob.

Ummmm.... you wouldn't happen to know a macro to do that, would you?

> >> Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom
>
> Ther is indeed a way to automate it with either Applescript or an XLM
> macro. You'll have to write a macor to do it.
>
> --
>
> Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom

0
fogharty
5/5/2010 3:31:27 PM
On 5/5/10 11:31 AM, fogharty wrote:
> Thanks Bob.
>
> Ummmm.... you wouldn't happen to know a macro to do that, would you?

>> Ther is indeed a way to automate it with either Applescript or an XLM
>> macro. You'll have to write a macor to do it.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom

There is NO macro to do what you wnat. You, or someone else, will have
to write one.

--

Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom
0
Bob

upgrading the OS on Exch2003 box
I have successfully upgraded Exch2000 to 2003. The OS is still Windows 2000 Server. Now I'm ready to upgrade that box to Windows Server 2003. Is there anything special I should note before upgrading, or is there a specific document which addresses any known method or problems ? thanks chrism "chrism" <chris@no_spam> wrote: >I have successfully upgraded Exch2000 to 2003. >The OS is still Windows 2000 Server. > >Now I'm ready to upgrade that box to Windows Server 2003. > >Is there anything special I should note before upgrading, or is there >a...

Help with conditional formatting with 2000
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to group data together into increments of 10% of th numbers and then chart them based on these groups. For example, I hav 300 data points that vary from 20 to 500 in value. I want them t appear in a chart based on the number of values that fall in the lowes 10% of numbers (ie. 20-40) then the next 10% (ie. 40-60) etc. up to th top 10% of numbers, but I do not want to manually determine what thes ranges are. I want to see a distribution of how many numbers fal within each 10% of values. I am not sure if this makes sense, please let me know...

Date Formatting when Concantenating

how to format a column to corespond with another
I want to make column "E" read "N/A" when column "B" reads "0". How do i do it? Put this in E1: =3DIF(B1=3D0,"N/A","") and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 3, 9:09=A0pm, JeremyC. <Jere...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to make column "E" read "N/A" when column "B" reads "0". How do i = do it? =REPT("N/A",B1=0) "JeremyC." wrote: > I want to make column "E" read "N/A" when column "B" rea...

1 Chart

Safe Pay Check Amount Problem
I am trying to setup Safe Pay. Everything seems to be working fine except for one annoying quirk. Our bank's Positive Pay data format gives us 12 characters for check amounts ($$$$$$$$$$¢¢). The file that Safe Pay generates is working perfectly except for those checks that are greater than $9,999,999.99 (9 characters). If the check amount is greater than that (say $10,000,000.00), the value that the Safe Pay file shows for that check is 002147483647. And, even if none of the individual checks exceed $9,999,999.99, if the total of the checks in the batch exceeds that a...

Report Format

Vendor transactions and checks
I'm trying to create a vendor payment report from my program. From which tables I can get the vendor payable transaction information??? I also need to know whether there is a check aleady issue to a transaction. Thank you. ...

Conferting File format
One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than opening each file and saving in the new format? Thank you. vsp deborah <vspdeborah@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person > that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way > to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than > opening each f...

Too many different cell formats #6

date/time formatting

E-mail box sizes. Echange System Manger.
Hi. Now and then I need to find out the size of the various e-mail boxes in Exchange2000. The problem is that the size indicated in the Exchange System Manager do not reflect the same size when you look into Outlook. Is the a way to figure out the correct e-mail size? If not. Is this better in Exchange2003? Thank you in advance. DagN I'd consider the Exchange value to be the most important given this is what will be used for mailbox quotas, etc. Nue "Dag N" <skier@start.no> wrote in message news:OjCaWfjLGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi. > Now and then ...

format cell #4

Can I have spell check ignore errors and alert me to real words?
Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSXO" but show me "SPELL". No, there is no way of doing that regards, Peo Sjoblom "JenLynFish" wrote: > Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way > to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? > Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSX...

unicode format files for Outlook 2002
I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? thanks, Huck No OL 2003 & 2007 only "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:epYUYAl4IHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). >I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can >unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? > > than...

Conditional Formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen? Thanks, Greg 1. Place the cursor in A1 cell and select the Range 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and paste the below formula =LEFT(A1,1)="-" 4. Click Format Button>Font>Color select your desired font & Background Color pattern and then give ok Change the cell reference of A1 to your desired cell, if required. But keep in mind that when applying the conditional formatting the Active cell should be in the ce...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter
Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter? To Whom It May Concern: Enclosed please find an education. Sincerely, eb -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "eb" <eb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CEF7B84-6F7A-4D07-97B3-F349F3B11E54@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter? > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message news:O3aNFsq2KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.g...

How to return the primary key from a combo box
I have a table containing two columns Column 1: Primary key Column 2: Name. I want to create an unbound combo box that shows the name but returns the PK. I have these properties set: Control source: <is empty> Row source type: table/query Bound column: 1 Row source: <I have a select that returns the desired records> In cboClient_AfterUpdate() I look at debug.print cboClient.Value and I see the name. I need the PK so I can construct the query for the next combo box. How do I get the PK Thanks for the help -- Message posted via http://www.accessmons...