Changing columns to rows

Version: 2008

I can't find any instructions for formatting rows to columns for the Mac 2008 version.  When I searched help for the same instructions for my PC version on my work computer, they were straightforward and easy to execute.  How do you switch columns to rows and vice versa in the Mac 2008 verson of Excel?  I'm running a Mac Mini.
0
maseevel

There's no question that the Help in Office 2008 leaves a lot to be desired,
but what you're asking about works no differently in the Mac version. One
option is to use the Transpose() function, although I get the impression
that you're looking for the Transpose option in Paste Special. In that case;

Select & copy the data you want to transpose,

Select the cell you want the transposed data to start in,

Go to Edit> Paste Special, tick the Transpose checkbox, then click OK.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/5/10 12:55 AM, in article 59bb67ae.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"maseevel@officeformac.com" <maseevel@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I can't find any
> instructions for formatting rows to columns for the Mac 2008 version.  When I
> searched help for the same instructions for my PC version on my work computer,
> they were straightforward and easy to execute.  How do you switch columns to
> rows and vice versa in the Mac 2008 verson of Excel?  I'm running a Mac Mini.

0
CyberTaz
4/5/2010 10:42:38 AM
high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD
hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com

Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price?  China
Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you

we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can
offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are
the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods.
excellent quality and steady supply for them. we have been marketed in Europe
and American for 3 year. all the goods we offer are AAA quality.  our soccer
jersey are Thailand style. If any goods you buy from my company have problem,
we will refund or resend them again. Most of ourProducts have no minimum
order requirements,soyou can shop retail goods at wholesale prices. if you
can buy more than 300usd. We offer free shipping. The more you buy the more
discount for you.

National soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
Club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
NBA Jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
T-shirt and shirt: http://www.willpa.com
Tracksuit: http://www.willpa.com
Hoody & Jackets: http://www.willpa.com
UGG boots: http://www.willpa.com
Hair style: http://www.willpa.com
shopping Index: http://www.willpa.com

EMS shipping.  7days arrive, paypal accept

want more information pls contact us or check our website: www.willpa.com
-1
[...]

I have MicroSoft Excel 2008, Version 12.2.4 <br>
and am trying to convert columns to rows.  Paste Special in my version (under Edit in the drop down menu) allows only two options:  <br>
paste:   <br>
Unicode text <br>
Text <br><br>There is no Transpose option.
0
Moto
4/12/2010 2:43:34 PM
Paste Special offerings vary depending on what was copied & from where the
copying was done. If you get that flavor of the options it most likely means
that what you have copied is not Excel content.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/12/10 10:43 AM, in article 59bb67ae.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Moto@officeformac.com" <Moto@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have MicroSoft Excel 2008, Version 12.2.4
> and am trying to convert columns to rows.  Paste Special in my version (under
> Edit in the drop down menu) allows only two options:
> paste:
> Unicode text
> Text
>
> There is no Transpose option.

0
CyberTaz
4/12/2010 10:59:01 PM
That means that what you copied is a string of text.  It is not Excel
"cells".  Excel can't transpose anything that is not already a column of
cells.

On 13/04/10 12:43 AM, in article 59bb67ae.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Moto@officeformac.com" <Moto@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have MicroSoft Excel 2008, Version 12.2.4
> and am trying to convert columns to rows.  Paste Special in my version (under
> Edit in the drop down menu) allows only two options:
> paste:
> Unicode text
> Text
>
> There is no Transpose option.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John
4/13/2010 12:29:46 AM
I have the same issue.  Transpose is not an option and the information I am trying to transpose is in the same spreadsheet so it is in the correct format.  Any other options?
0
Russell_Evans
4/26/2010 10:02:48 PM
If "Transpose" is not an option on Paste Special, then what you have copied
was not either a row or a column.

On 27/04/10 8:02 AM, in article 59bb67ae.4@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Russell_Evans@officeformac.com" <Russell_Evans@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have the same issue.  Transpose is not an option and the information I am
> trying to transpose is in the same spreadsheet so it is in the correct format.
> Any other options?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John

Outlook 2000 change in behavior
I don't know if anyone else has experience this but since installing critical updates I have noticed that when I double click to open email messages in my inbox the messages do not immediately open. The hour glass appears and it takes longer than before installing the critical updates for the email messages to open. I have run the detect/repair tool, and disk defrag. My operating system is windows 2000. Any advice is appreciated. Jackie Darden ...

Max clinet change to Cache mode per server
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook 2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB. Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server performance ? Has anybody some experiences in this case Thank you Ingo ...

First non-blank row in WS after hyperlinking
I have several ws I use as check registers. I'd like to be able to go to the last non-blank row in that ws when I click that register's ws from the index page. It would always be the next available row in the applicable ws. Is there a way from HYPERLINK to do that or maybe a function once I get there? Macro? TIA here are a couple different ways: this will select the cell. it's not a good practice to select, but just used as an illustration here. range(worksheets("Sheet1").cells(rows.Count,"A").end(xlup).address).Select Sub FindLastCel...

Publisher 2007 -how to view all pages in bottom row of taskbar
I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. document contains 10 pages, which were visible as number rows at the bottom underneath the document within the publisher taskbar frame). I cannot select a page any more. How can I get this page row back? Thank you in advance for your replies. CosmicFaery wrote: > I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on > the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. > document contains 10 pages, which were ...

Macro Help/Duplicate Items + Insert Rows + Sum
I am trying to create a template that will do the following: 1. Find Duplicate Entries (AlphaNumeric) In A Column 2. Insert 2 Rows Between The Duplicate Entries Then: 1. Sub-Total(Another Column With Random Numbers) Of The Duplicate Entries 2. Format the Sub-Total In Bold I have gotten to the point of writting a macro that will identify the duplicate entries; does anybody know how to do the rest? This is a changing set of data, transferred to excel from a relational database (Lotus123 Rel2, which contains anywhere between 3000 to 5000 rows. I cannot spend time grouping the data ...

Add Text Field Columns
PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? -- On Fri, 18 May 2007 17:38:49 -0600, bw wrote: > PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) > > I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a > concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? How does one add "This is text." + "this is also text&qu...

how to change the icon text
To all, What event to I do to handle when my app get iconified? I Need to set the window text for my icon differently than my app title bar text. When I run my app, the window text for the app title bar is "foo", when the user iconifies the app, I want the icon text to be "bar". How do I do that? Thanks for the help, Reza Take a look at CWnd::OnSysCommand. SC_RESTORE and SC_MINIMIZE is what you want to look for in this method. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "reza razavipour" <rrazavipour@stbernard.com> wrote in message news:uK18XkXH...

Re: Two-Column Problem
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Charley Kyd <kyd@incsight.com>... > But now, when I add a pair of pages, Publisher gives me guides for two > columns per page but gives me only one page-wide textbox per page, > not two. Can't you create your text boxes yourself? Or change the text box that appears to a two-column one? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Column spacing
Is there any way I can control the spacing between the columns in the layout guides (chosen from the Arrange menu)? I want to set 0.7 cm column spacing for a text frame split into 3 columns and see the guides for this setting so that I can then use individual text frames on a second page. I know I can set the column spacing in the text frame formatting option but this is not reflected in the layout guides. Please can anyone help? I am using Publisher 2000. I have this work around - I make my own ruler. Make pull a rectangle, looking at the "size" indication in the lower r...

Data in columns not rows
I have file that is names, addresses and phone numbers. When I copy it into excel it comes out like this. (COLUMNA) NAME ADDRESS ADDRESS2 PHONE I need it to be like this COLUMNA COLUMNB COLUMNC COLUMND NAME ADDRESS ADDRESS2 PHONE Is there a way to change this without copying and pasting? Jenn Is the data consistently 4 rows? Or do you have varying sets? How far down Column A do the sets extend? If 4 rows per set try this..... In B1 enter =INDEX($A$1:$A$3000,(ROW()-1)*4+COLUMN()-1,1) Drag/copy across to E1 then select B1:E1 and drag/copy down u...

Cashiers changing prices: "access pricing" and discounts
Hi: We are a wine shop and give 10% discounts when customers purchase six bottles of wine, and 20% when they purchase 12 bottles. I've got the discounts to automatically kick in when 6 or 12 bottles are scanned into the system using mix and match. However, I've noticed we get an error about "cashier cannot change prices" when the minimum quantity for discount is entered into the system. The reason is b/c the cashier does not have the "access pricing" check box turned on in their detail setup. The problem is we don't want the cashier to have the &quo...

Change Default When Selecting New Message From Form
Whenever I select New -> Choose Form, it defaults to "Organizational Forms Library" (which is empty). How can I make it default to "User Templates in File System"? Thanks. I've been looking for a way to do that for years, but have never found = one. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues = "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_forms --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Con...

TEXT TO SPEECH CHANGES
Currently my text to speech config reads ONLY LETTERS if the letters are CAPITALs(IE when it come to the word ABLE, it speaks A B L E how can I change the setting to make the system say "able" Thanks Enter this small macro: Sub Macro1() For n = 1 To 100 Cells(n, 1).Speak Next n End Sub And it should "say" whatever text you enter in A1 thru A100 -- Gary's Student "pcor" wrote: > Currently my text to speech config reads ONLY LETTERS if the letters are > CAPITALs(IE when it come to the word ABLE, it speaks A B L E > how can I change...

Able to change the fonts and Header in POS
It would nice to configure the font in Point of sale so it would fit into the size quickpad you use. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e86e0f80-4b12-4bef-9222...

Change color on date field in form for re-certification
My main form has two different date fields on it. One date field needs to be re-certified every 6 months, and the other field needs to be re-certified every 12 months. I would like each of those fields to automatically change color depending on how much time as elapsed since that training. For the 6 month field, months 1-5 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow and anything expired should be red. For the 12 month field, months 1-11 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow, and anything expired should be red. Thank you in advance for your help! messingerjc wrote...

Macro to update information if date changes
using Exel 2000.. I want excel to compare dates on two seperate worksheets and if the date on the first is greater than the second to insert rows and than copy cells on the second to different cells also on the second page. ie..main sheet date is 11-05-08 compared to sheet2 date is 11-04-08...insert cells at a21:d21 and shift cells down (on sheet2) then copy cells b13:h13 to a21:b21 The description seems a bit inconsistent, but here is a shot With Worksheets("Main Sheet") If .Range("A1").Value > Worksheets("Second Sheet").Range("A1&q...

How do you change to currency in a table and add columns?
I'm trying to learn to use the new Word and can't figure out in my ribbons how to change numbers to a currency format, as well as viewing the table content to be able to quick sum columns. Help?! Use Excel which is designed for that work. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Duprey72" <Duprey72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADB852A4-D4AF-44FF-8F89-AC4B110D080C@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to learn to use the new Word and can't figure out in my ribbons > how to change numbers to a currency format, as well as viewing the tabl...

reverse columns and rows
I have decided that my rows and columns should be reversed, for printing. Is there a way to print this out so that they are in reverse or do I need to manually change everthing within my spreadsheet? Hi Teri. I'm afraid you have to change everything. But, it's straight forward. Copy your data, select the first blank column in Row A and do Edit>Paste Special>Transpose and then delete the original data columns. Also, if you just want to do it for printing, you could use a blank spreadsheet for the pasting. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Teri from Florida"...

need Blank column in invoice
Hi, How can I make(or hide) contents of cell unless the cell before it isfilled in? Hope i said that right. My invoice has a payment col and balance col next to each other,. I want to have the formula in the balance column all the way down, but it should be emty until a payment is filled in? Thanks Frank Frank Trap for no entry in the payment column by entering a formula in the balance column. =IF(payment_cellref="","",balance_formula) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:48:18 -0400, "Frank" <stratster68@IHATESPAMworldnet.att.net> ...

Change print driver from PS level 1 to level 2
When printing in Publisher 2003 only, on and HP business inkjet 1100 I'm told that I need to set the PostScript language level to level 2 or higher. Following the instructions, I can't make the changes as directed in corrections from the error message, nor can I find any other way to change it.. You receive a Publisher cannot print this publication error message when you print as CMYK composite in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819594 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.co...

Help on Macro to hide empty rows
Hi, I have a spreadsheet I created for an administrator that has many extra rows with pre-set formulas. When we print though, there are a lot of empty rows in between the relevant data. I am trying to build a macro that will hide any row where column A is empty, then print, and then unhide them again. Below is the macro I have so far. But it does nothing! Any help or suggestions are appreciated as I haven't written macros in years. (I have latest version of Excel on Windows Vista.) Sub PrintOrmondBeach() ' ' PrintOrmondBeach Macro Sheets("Ormond").Select D...

How can I protect certain columns on a sheet so that formulas are.
How do I go about protecting certain columns on an excel sheet so that formulas are not changed by someone else entering data onto the worksheet Right click on the cells you want to allow data entry in. Then select "format cells", Then "protection". uncheck the "locked" box. Then protect the worksheet. "Tan" <Tan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7E54609-EA18-4882-8106-7B954F0C3F8B@microsoft.com... > How do I go about protecting certain columns on an excel sheet so that > formulas are not changed by someone else entering...

How to change default cell formats
When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before them, whilst my colleagues, when opening the same file, the negatives are shown in brackets ie. ( ). How do I ensure that when I open the same file, my negative numbers appear in brackets This is a windows setting. Close excel Change that windows regional setting|currency tab|Negative currency format to show ($1.1) Open excel You may have to reformat: Format|Cells|number tab|Number (adjust the decimal places and comma options) Easty04 wrote: > > When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before t...

to find the row of the maximum value
Hi, I want a formula to find the row of the maximum value please help me out a 1 8 15 b 2 9 16 c 3 10 17 d 4 11 18 e 5 12 19 f 6 13 20 g 7 14 21 for this the result should be 7th row , 14th row, 21st row etc Thanks Sam =max(firstcol&row:lastcol&row) ie =max(a1:a100) Glen <sunil.s@ajubanet.net> wrote in message news:1143031777.439845.259520@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I want a formula to find the row of the maximum value > > please help me out > > a 1 8 15 > b 2 9 16 > c 3 10 17 > d 4 11 18 > e 5 12 19 > f 6 13 20 > g ...

how do I change the default name of a column from numbers to lett.
my default used to be column a, column b etc, somehow it has been changed to column 1, column 2 etc. how do I change it back? Because of the default change it changes my formulas to sum(R[1] - C[2] etc. In EXCEL 2007 try the following:- Office Button / Excel Options (lower right hand side) / Formulas (2nd option down on left hand side) / Working with formulas (2nd option down on right hand side) / make sure that R1C1 reference style is not selected (that is, it does not have a green tick in it) If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks! "mac" w...