Change date format to European format

My computer is set to European date format but Excel is default to American
date format.  Can someone advise how to change this default setting.

Thanks,

Scott

0
Scott

Have you restarted Excel since setting the system date formatting? Excel
takes its cue from the OS on launch. Also, double-check the Regional setting
in the System Prefs.

If those aren't the cause you'll need to be specific about your version &
update levels of both Office & OS X plus any other details you can supply.

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

"Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My computer is set to European date format but Excel is default to
> American
> date format.  Can someone advise how to change this default setting.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

0
CyberTaz
3/1/2010 8:59:58 PM
On 2010-03-15 15:53:20 -0400, k v said:

> I'm having the same problem and yes, I have restarted EXCEL but the
> problem persists.

Check all the different date/time formats. Short, medium, long and full
in the System preferences.
It's easy to overlook one unfortunately,

Corentin

0
iso

Tracking Dates For Future Occurrences
Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is updated again for say 6/1/2010. Can this be done? I am new to all this, thanks.. In 2007 Also.. "Knee2no" wrote: > Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, > once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days > before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is...

Creating a Combined Date/Time Shortcut
I know Excel provides shortcuts for entering the date (CTRL + ;) and the = time (CTRL + SHIFT + ;), but I really need one that will enter both the = date=20 and time in the same cell at the same time. (Since Excel does provide=20 formatting for same-cell date and time, it seems kind of odd that there = isn't=20 a shortcut to facilitate entry.) Is it possible to create an entirely = new shortcut=20 that doesn't use macros? (This last point is important, since the = workbook is=20 shared on a network.) Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated--I'm getting=20 desperate. T...

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

parsing a date and time field #2

Changing Item #'s
Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? TMM: No there isn't in the "base" product, but MBS does have a tool that you can use called Item Modifier - this will allow you to change an Item number from one value to another. You can email this address below and they can answer any questions you have about the tool and can tell you what the cost of it is. mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com Hope that helps you out, JG "TMM" wrote: > Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? ...

Sumproduct with multiple date criteria
Having a tough time with this one. Sheet 1 Column A = Start Date, Column B = End Date, Column C = Quantity. Sheet 2 Row A = Start Date, Row B = End Date. I would like Row C to sum quantity from sheet 1 where ever the two date ranges intersect. The date ranges on sheet 2 represent the beginning and ending of a week (Mon-Sun). Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C 01JAN2010 24JAN2010 1,000 Sheet 2 Row A 04JAN2010 11JAN2010 18JAN2010 25JAN2010 Row B 10JAN2010 17JAN2010 24JAN2010 31JAN2010 Row c 1,000 1,000 1,000 0 Do the Sheet 2 Star...

Cell Format #4

Formatting #13
Hi How can i have codes in this form 00.00.0000.00, & i wanted to sum to the values below like next code, 00.00.0000(+1).00 I'm tired to format but always sum in the last 2 digits 00.00.0000.00(+1), what can i do Someone can help me Thanks How did you put 00.00.0000.00 in the cell? Did you type 0 and then give it a custom format? If yes, try changing your custom format to: 00\.00\.\0000.00 Then add 1, but make sure that the resulting cell also has this custom format. This is really a funny formatted number with 2 decimal places now. Carla wrote: > > Hi, > How can i ...

conditional formatting in excel #3

Converting date from an external source
I am having an issued with converting a date from external data source. the data has the timestamp in the general date form mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00. I want to convert the date to mm/dd/yyyy format so when i run a query for a single day it will return the data for that date, I can currently return the data but i have to set the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00 format, i want to simply return the data by setting the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy format Don't confuse how data is stored with how it is presented. As long as you import the date into a field defined as a Date data type, you...

Conitional Formatting
Hello. I have two fields in a subform, "User" and "IT Announcement" I would like to do conditional formatting to this effect: On ther "User" field: If "IT Announcement" = Yes then make the "User" field turn blue (I would choose the color blue from the conditional formatting selection. How would you write this? Thanks. Iram/mcp On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:59:01 -0700, Iram wrote: > Hello. > I have two fields in a subform, "User" and "IT Announcement" > I would like to do conditional formatting to this effect: > On...

Excel number formatting #2

Stop changing of languages in Word 2003 when typing letter.
While typing a letter in Word 2003 it changed from English to what looked like Arabic language. I have rebooted 3 times and started over and still the same occurs. I even copied what I had in English to an email in Yahoo and sent it to myself and rebooted. Came back to that same email and copied it to a new email that I started to myself, and when I started typing it would only type in what looked like Arabic language. This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago, but never occurred again till now. What do I do? In the Language dialog box, turn off the option to autom...

Strange behaviour: show/hide formatting symbols reveals old change
In Word 2007, I'm getting some strange behaviour in a document that was authored by someone else. Track Changes is switched off, all changes have been accepted, and everything looks as it should in whichever view I happen to choose (Print Layout, Draft, whatever). But when I click to show formatting symbols (in whatever view) a whole lot of old changes - deletions AND insertions, ostensibly all accepted, and from before the document got to me - appear in the document, making it quite tricky to work with. These old changes are impervious to anything I try to do with them E...

Macro help with saving a spreadsheet with date and time in it
Can someone help me with some code that would save a file name as "schedule-mm-dd-yyyy-hh:mm"? Thanks, Alan Alan, how about something like this Sub Save_As() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="Schedule " & Format(Now, "mm-dd-yyyy-hh-mm") & ".xls", FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _ , CreateBackup:=False End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Fee...

Color change in cell when > 49.99
I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. im running excel 2000. and i have this currently in the cell that i want to aplly this to: =HLOOKUP(D20,'Hidden Data'!GZ10:HB11,2,0)*MAX(15,E20) have you tried conditional formating? format>conditional formating >-----Original Message----- >I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or >higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. >im running excel 2000. and i ...

Date/Time Show When Changes Made
Hi, When changes are made in a table or form, I want the date and time to appear showing me when changes were made in any of the fields. How can it work? MTIA. It's not possible if you're working directly with tables. Using foms, you have to put code into the form's BeforeUpdate event to update the row's LastChanged field (which, of course, you have to add to the table yourself) You might find what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/AppAudit.html to be useful. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Beame...

OWA and password change
I have OWA in the DMZ but the mail server is behind the DMZ. I have no problems accessing OWA but I do have a problem see the users on my DC. The real issue is that I am trying to have users change their own password within OWA and need to know what ports I need to have open without any security breach. I need to know what is safe to open and what's not safe to open. Thanks. Hi WooYing, have you seen this articel s? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179442 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259240 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/secmod44.mspx F...

formatting of charts changes when copying from excel 2000 to 200.
When I copy a chart from Excel 2000 and paste it into Excel 2003, some of the formatting is lost. In particular, scale and axis formatting. Is this a programming issue or can it be corrected easily. Thanks Hi, First one would answer why would you copy charts from 2000 to 2003, why not make them in 2003? Second and more important - how are you copying them - there are maybe 20 possible methods of copying a chart from one program to another. Please tell us exactly which steps you use to do the copying. Also, exactly what formatting are you loosing, what do you get instead? When ...

Excel chart linked in Word gets formatted when updateing.
Hi, I have a bit of an annoying issue with excel and word 2007, I have a Chart in excel, and the text on the horizontal axis is rotated 270 degrees,This Chart is linked in a Word document and when i do an update of the linked chart the text gets all messed up. Both of the files are saved in 97-2003 format. ...

DataSet & XML format
Hello, gurus I have a problem about format XML I use ms data access building block to get a data set from stored procedure. the dataset's save xml give me data with the elements. Is there any better way to format what I want ,says some attributes & some elements ?? Is it easy ?? or I must using string.format each datarow in the dataset to construct the xml or via xslt to transform ?? any idea ?? Regards, .Net Newbie *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! hi Query ur database to retrieve onl...