Cell identity when printing comments on separate page

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
Carl001

Sorry Carl, but I'm not clear on what you're asking for... In 'MySpeak' :-)
the AA in your example _is_ the "X axis header for that column" & 33 _is_
the "y access header for that row". The combination of those 2 references
form the cell's reference. That, of course, identifies the cell's position
on the grid... In this example, Column AA, Row 33.

What, specifically, would you want to have used in place of AA & 33?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/13/10 10:52 PM, in article 59bb2ce3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Carl001@officeformac.com" <Carl001@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When
> printing comments at end of page, it identifies the cell by letters and
> numbers.  (i.e.  Cell: AA33)  Afterward the comment is shown for that cell.
>
> Question:  Instead of the cell identity being shown this way, is it possible
> ithe cell can also be identified by its  X axis header for that column with
> the y access header for that Row.
>
> Thank for your assistance.
>
> Carl

0
CyberTaz
2/14/2010 2:38:05 PM
currently <br>
Cell: AB33 <br>
Cell: AB33  Doe, Carl  PIE <br>
> the AA in your example _is_ the &quot;X axis header for that column&quot; &amp; 33 _is_ <br>
> the &quot;y access header for that row&quot;. The combination of those 2 references <br>
> form the cell's reference. That, of course, identifies the cell's position <br>
> on the grid... In this example, Column AA, Row 33. <br>
> What, specifically, would you want to have used in place of AA &amp; 33? <br>
> Regards |:>) <br>
> Bob Jones  <br>
> [MVP] Office:Mac <br>
> On 2/13/10 10:52 PM, in article 59bb2ce3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;Carl001@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When <br>
> > printing comments at end of page, it identifies the cell by letters and <br>
> > numbers.  (i.e.  Cell: AA33)  Afterward the comment is shown for that cell. <br>
> > Question:  Instead of the cell identity being shown this way, is it possible <br>
> > ithe cell can also be identified by its  X axis header for that column with <br>
> > the y access header for that Row. <br>
> > Thank for your assistance. <br>
> > Carl <br>

0
Carl001
2/14/2010 7:14:52 PM
AFAIK there is no way to modify the Comment output page. There are a number
of options in versions of Excel that support VBA but they'll do no good in
2008. I tend to doubt that there are Apple Script alternatives but am not
sure. Perhaps someone else will be able to shed more light on that.

The only alternative I am aware of would be to reposition each Comment
balloon on the sheet & using the Page Setup option for 'As displayed on
sheet'. Depending on the amount of content, the sheet layout & the number of
comments that may not be a practical or preferable solution.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/14/10 2:14 PM, in article 59bb2ce3.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Carl001@officeformac.com" <Carl001@officeformac.com> wrote:

> ok.  If you have a column title and row title and you are printing comments at
> the end of the document.  Can the column and row titles of your table identify
> the cell also.
>
> For example:
> currently
> Cell: AB33
> Comment:  Mislabeled test
>
> Is it possible:
> Cell: AB33  Doe, Carl  PIE
> Comment:  Mislabeled test
>
> These are Row and column titles for this cell in the table.
>
> Thanks,
> Carl
>
>> Sorry Carl, but I'm not clear on what you're asking for... In 'MySpeak' :-)
>> the AA in your example _is_ the "X axis header for that column" & 33 _is_
>> the "y access header for that row". The combination of those 2 references
>> form the cell's reference. That, of course, identifies the cell's position
>> on the grid... In this example, Column AA, Row 33.
>>
>> What, specifically, would you want to have used in place of AA & 33?
>>
>> Regards |:>)
>> Bob Jones
>> [MVP] Office:Mac
>>

>> On 2/13/10 10:52 PM, in article 59bb2ce3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "Carl001@officeformac.com"  wrote:
>>
>>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel
>>> When
>>> printing comments at end of page, it identifies the cell by letters and
>>> numbers.  (i.e.  Cell: AA33)  Afterward the comment is shown for that cell.
>>>
>>> Question:  Instead of the cell identity being shown this way, is it possible
>>> ithe cell can also be identified by its  X axis header for that column with
>>> the y access header for that Row.
>>>
>>> Thank for your assistance.
>>>
>>> Carl

0
CyberTaz

You are not authorized to view this page
I have just one user that has this problem. They put in the login credentials, and then after several attempts get the page "You are not authorized to view this page". This person has been accessing this site for a long time now with no problems. what is causing this? Thanks I don't know. But problems like this are always caused by something that changed. Somewhere something changed. What changed? (I feel you know this, but I thought I would help remember this). --rms www.rmschneider.com JohnB wrote: > I have just one user that has t...

Memo line on printed checks
I'm wondering if it is possible to modify the placement of the memo line on printed checks. Moving the entire printed text using the existing check printing parameters within Money will not help as I only require the modification of the memo line. You see, I have pre-printed blank checks, but the memo line (when printed using Money) falls below the pre-printed line on the check. I searched for a possible check printing template, which I might modify directly, (using Notepad for example) in the Money file heirachy without success. I've even poked aroung the registry for any p...

Printed Quote
Curious is anyone has any samples of a printed quote using SRS? What other options for printed quotes are there? Hi, Our Advanced quote and order processing module allows you to quickly and easily create and print quotes in Microsoft CRM. Regards, David Smooha 516 609-5010 http://www.dynamicscrmaddons.com/AdvancedQuotes.asp "dmn8" wrote: > Curious is anyone has any samples of a printed quote using SRS? > > What other options for printed quotes are there? ...

Small text in printed pages from Outlook
I have XP and Office 2007 installed, I use Outlook as my diary and print pages from this with clients information on and take them with me for appointments etc., the problem is, that when I print the pages [1 page per day] then the text on those pages is tiny - I've been looking for a cure for ages, anyone able to help???? On 11/17/2009 3:02 AM On a whim, Chris Jones pounded out on the keyboard > I have XP and Office 2007 installed, I use Outlook as my diary and print > pages from this with clients information on and take them with me for > appointments etc., the pr...

Printing to different printers
I would like to have the sheets of my workbook print to differen printers, with out having to switch printers under file printer. I there a way for this to be done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Record a macro when you do it manually one time. then when you need it again, run that macro. "pboost1 <" wrote: > > I would like to have the sheets of my workbook print to different > printers, with out having to switch printers under file printer. IS > there a way for this to be done? > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/...

How do I dynamically retrieve the cell address of the last cell t.
I want to write to an excel file that already has data in it using matlab xlswrite function. I found that I can write to the excel file without overwriting information that is already there. So I was wondering if there is a way in excel to retrieve the address or index of the last cell containing data. Nancy There are several ways of doing this depending on the layout of your data. Say you have data in all the cells of A1:A10. No blank cells in that range. You can use: LastCellAddress = Range("A1").End(xlDown).Address(0,0) This will give the address of A10. If you...

dashed line printing problem
Hi, I am having problem in printing charts which has dashed lines. Whenever I make a graph which has dashed line instead of solid line, on the computer screen those lines appears to be dashed but when I print the graph those lines come to be solid. I believe it's bug in excel. I was reading and microsoft suggest installing service pack 3 for the office to get the problem rectified. I installed the service pack but the problem still persists. Can somebody help me if he know the work around with this problem. Prashant ...

copy text to specific cell
In one cell I have a String And in another cell I have a reference to a cell. How do I put the String into the referenced cell? A Formula will return a value to the cell that holds the formula. You'd need some VBA to do what you want. dim myStrCell as range dim myAddrCell as range with activesheet set mystrcell = .range("a1") set myaddrcell = .range("b9") .range(myaddrcell.value).value = mystrcell.value end with --- This has no validation at all! If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritch...

Counting of cells with a specific color filled
Hello experts, I have an excel workhseet where different cells are filled with different colors. I need to count no of cells in a specific column with a specific colour filled. For example i need to count how many cells are filled with green color and how many with red etc. What formula i should use? Thanks in advance, Atiq use the COUNTIF() function, the criteria is whatever was used in conditional formatting to change the color fill of the cell. If conditional formatting was not used to color the cell, you can't do it. (unless you use Visual Basic programming) ...

I have pound marks in a cell rather than words/letters.
I can double click and get the words but when I move off the cell, it returns to pound marks, Stupid question, but did you increase the width of your column? "claudia riley" wrote: > I can double click and get the words but when I move off the cell, it returns > to pound marks, What you are actually seeing when you dbl+click is formulas that produce numerical results, but the cells have been formatted in some way (Currency, perhaps). The program is telling you that the columns are not wide enough to display the entire formatted content so it won't display anythin...

Multiple pages
When I use Publisher, it allows me to make a multiple page document on A4 paper folded in half, giving me four pages on one sheet of paper. (i.e. If I made it 8 pages, it would automatically print it out on pages oriented to make up a booklet with the pages in the order they appear on the screen.) Is there a way to set up word to do the same thing? On my PC at work I don't have publisher, but I do at home. I want to produce a specification in Word at work and print it out the same way publisher does. Is this possible? If so, could someone please explain in 'idiots guide' language h...

conditional formula for blank cells
I have a conditional cell color based on a formula to identify blank cells & populated cells. I want to now count the cells that meet the formula criteria. I get accurate counts with the populated cell formula count but because I have an isblank in my blank cell conditional formula I am getting a miscount. Is there any really good way to count colors based on conditional formulas especially where the condition is blank? You should have no trouble if use use COUNTBLANK. You should get a count of blank cells no matter how they are formatted -- Gary''s Student gsnu200705 &qu...

Newbie question / plug in a value for a cell based on a range for that value
Hey guys, New to Excel so sorry if this explanation isn't the clearest in terms of correct terminology. In one section of my spreadsheet I have a list of percentage values associated with numbers 1-20. For example #10 is listed with the percentage value of 38.4% in the cell next to it (O14 and P14). In another section of the spreadsheet I have a quick formula that I'd like to use these %'s based on what number (1-20) is entered. In my spreadsheet the % I want to use for this #10 is listed in P14 (38.4%). What can I plug into my formula so when I enter "10" is kno...

Return to the last accessed cell in a multiple paged file at reent
I have an Excel file at work that I did not create, with multible tabs (pages). Hyperlinks from the main page take me to the sub-pages. Some of the sub-pages open to the last accessed cell on that page, some take me to the top of that page. What can I do to make all pages open to the last accessed cell? ...

set cell value and workbook Creation date
How can I set the value of a cell with the creation date of the workbook? Each workbook is beaing created from a custom template. TIA W William, Either through a macro or through a User-Defined-Function: Sub TryNow() ActiveCell.Value = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date").Value End Sub Use this like =CD() Function CD() As Variant CD = Application.Caller.Parent.Parent.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date").Value End Function HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "William Hamilton" <william@NOthevirtualSPAM.PLEASEco.THANKSnz> wrote in me...

Setting up pages in a workbook
I have just created hundreds of workbook pages with different data. What I would like to know is how do I set up every page to be in the same format without having to do each one separately? :eek: Thanks ahead of time. -- calimari ------------------------------------------------------------------------ calimari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381449 Assuming all of the worksheets are in the same workbook... Step_1 (Select the sheets to be changed) If you want to for...

Autofill a range of cells based a a txt value in a separate cell
I have a speadsheet that has a function to display the day of the week based on the date. I want to color in all cells (several rows and columns) under this header to distinguish weekends. I will still need to input text into these cells on an occasional basis. I am new to Excel, and I am trying to automate what a predecessor took hours to do mannually. Thank you for your help in this matter C20driver --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi have a look at 'Format - Conditional format'. >-----Original Message----- >I have a speadsheet that has a functi...

In Cell Editing
Hi there: Been using Excel for years but haven't asked this question until now... Could have saved myself a few days likely! Anyway, say I type BACON in a cell and press enter or tab - the focus moves to the cell below. If I arrow back up to the cell that has BACON in it, how do I start editing it without double clicking on it with the mouse? I don't want to delete BACON and start again, I want to edit BACON. After I'm done, I want to eat bacon. haha Thanks Press F2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in ...

Change the default cell size in Microsoft Excel?
I've been trying all morning to figure out how to change the default cell size in Microsoft Excel so that each cell is the size of four cells normally. Is this possible? I realize I can select four cells at a time and then merge them but I need page after page of cells this size and its not very efficient to do it this way. Thanks in advance, James Open an excel sheet and click on Format coloumn standard width then put in the width you need Thanks Simon -- simon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- simonc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com...

How do I use Access 2007 VBA to print external pdf files?
Ideally, I'd like to use an Access form to open the pdfs, print them and then close Adobe Reader or whatever program is used to do the print job. On Fri, 28 May 2010 09:43:20 -0700, "LA Lawyer" <hkapp@kapplaw.com> wrote: You can use the ShellExecute API with the Print verb (the lpOperation argument). That's what Windows uses when you drop a PDF document on a Printer. Check out this article: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Ideally, I'd like to use an Access form to open the pdfs, print them and >...

printing rdlc reports programmatically
Hi, I need to print a series of reports programmatically from a windows forms application using vb.net 2008. I attempted the walthrough "Printing a Local Report without Preview" (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252091.aspx) but was unsuccessful. I get the error: "A generic error occurred in GDI+." I added a call to the Print procedure to the Run procedure, on the line after Export (report), but I get an error: "A generic error occurred in GDI+." This error occurs on the PrintPage event handler, on the line: "Dim PageImage...

split page
We are trying to print large jobs to a HP 500PS printer. The page setup is for a 60" x 36" page, and we can create the page just fine. However, when the job prints, about 6" of the job is printed on a second page. Any ideas? Jay HP has excellent support for your printer http://www.designjet.hp.com/support.html?intRedir=1059405077.939925&ticket=q0z56EAWh7&pageseq=93115077 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Jay Zimmerman" <zimmermj@stjohns.edu> wrote in message news:00b401c35518$b85e4df0$a101280a@phx.gbl... >...

Report Printing 12-07-07
Hi Allen, I have a database name Transfer Deed & I have a form in which I’ve to give data for fields. Deed No. Shares Distinctive No. From Shares Distinctive No. To No. of Shares (Difference of above) I’ve a report also on before open the report a popup form occurs & ask for Deed No & Lot which represent data above what I want know that before open the report it open with lot of nos. provided for example. Distinctive No from is = 500 Distinctive No to is = 1000 No. of shares is = 500 And lot provided on popup form is 100 then 5 pages report of 100 each...

Print Presets in 10.4.x
I've found an interesting issue that only affects MS Word in Office 2004 with the lastest update of 11.2. 1. Open a Word Document 2. Create a few Presets - mine are Letterhead and Plain Paper 3. Goto File->Print 4. In the Copies field type 5 - don't tab out of the field 5. Now change to another Preset 6. Notice that the Copies field still has 5 in it? 7. Now hit the tab button which should tab you out of the Copies field. Notice it NOW changes to 1 Anyone found a workaround or know how to fix this issue?? This bug happens on 4 Mac OS X 10.4.2 computers printing to 2 diffe...

Link between cells in different workbooks
I can link cells in different workbooks selecting the source cell with the keyboard, but not with the mouse. When opening the source workbook, the cursor is an arrow instead of a cross. Any idea about what is going on? Thanks Seal, Sounds like you are in the "Select Object" mode. On the drawing toolbar, click the button with the arrow to toggle in or out of that mode. If the drawing toolbar is not visible, right click on a toolbar and select "drawing" to show it. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "sealawreg" <sealawreg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...