automatically import data from a cell in one workbook to another workbook

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

How do arrange for workbook A to import the data from a cell in workbook B? In other words, what formula (address?) should I enter in a cell in workbook A so that it will import the data in a cell from workbook B?
1
Karshish

This would be just another formula; start with =+ and then just use the mouse/trackpad to click on the referenced cell (assuming you have both wordbooks open. Be careful of relative/absolute references.
0
Mungo
11/9/2009 2:56:01 AM
0
Karshish
11/9/2009 12:24:18 PM
1)  Make sure both workbooks have been saved to disk.

2)  Select the cell in Workbook B and COPY

3)  Select the cell where you want it in Workbook A

4)  Edit>Paste Special>Paste Link...

Excel will write the formula for you!

Cheers

On 9/11/09 12:44 PM, in article 59ba881c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Karshish@officeformac.com" <Karshish@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How
> do arrange for workbook A to import the data from a cell in workbook B? In
> other words, what formula (address?) should I enter in a cell in workbook A so
> that it will import the data in a cell from workbook B?

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

1
John

Prevent clicking on a cell

QuickSell Import Bug
Hi, I am using QuickSell to import new items in HQ and have encountered a problem. Whilst when adding new items the utility functions properly, when editing existing items and using the Recently Changed mechanism to download data to the stores, items which have been edited using QuickSell import do not appear. Has anyone encountered the same situation and perhaps found a workaround? ...

if cell is text move left one column

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Data migration - Adventure Works

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Updating a chart Automatically

Automatic changes in cells

how can I do a lookup into another sheet?
how can I do a lookup into another sheet? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try something like =VLOOKUP(123,Sheet2!A1:B10,2,FALSE) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "melawaisi" <melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > how can I do a lookup into another sheet? > thanks > > > ------...