Adding text to graphs

Version: 2008

In earlier versions of Excel, after I'd drawn a graph, I put insert text on the graph itself to comment on lines or identify features.  Is this still possible?  If so, how?
0
Data

Excel graph, don't show 0
Hi, I'm creating an excel scatter graph (excel 97) based on data in an access table. The data is as follows: jan feb mar apr may ... (Y Axis)Output 6000 5855 4881 0 5000 (X Axis) M2 55 58 61 0 50 I've created a range to define the source data: =OFFSET(Main!$A$2;1;1;1;'Main'!$A$1) A1 = the current month, so for example if a1 = 5, it'll take 5 columns to the right (up until may) Now, all this works fine except for the 0 values in april. These drop my chart all the way out of the picture, and I'd like to simply exclude these valu...

Counting & Matching Text
Dear Experts, Please consider this & help me to sort this out: I have a Data Sheet contains 5 col namely: Emp; From; To; #OfDays; LeaveType I fill these columns on daily-basis using designed VB Form as below Emp From To #OfDays LeaveType ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mr. A 01-Jan-06 02-Jan-06 2 Sick Mr. B 08-Jan-06 08-Jan-06 1 Casual Mr. C 12-Jan-06 16-Jan-06 5 Earned Mr. A 18-Jan-06 20-Jan-06...

Adding a project reference in VC++ 6
How does one add a reference to a Windows DLL project from a Windows Console Application? If you are talking about unmanaged code, there is nothing like a reference to a DLL. You will include the include files in your source and link against the library provided by DLL. There is another option of using a DLL functions at run time (no linking) but I am certain you are not talking about that. There is another option of using a COM server in your project. There you can import the type library in your project. Is that what you want? Is your project unmanaged by any chance? --------- Ajay K...

Adding Web Parts in Bus Portal 3
I have a demo environment I created. Bus Portal 3 is up and running. I'm trying to add web parts of any type to a page and keep getting a Sharepoint page with an error. Does anybody know why you wouldn't be able to add web parts. -- Charles Allen, MVP SharePoint can be one frustrating..... Are you mixing SharePoint web parts? Trying to use an Office SharePoint Server web part on a wss 3.0 server? Are you trying to view the page with Anonymous access? Does it work with a logged in user? VinceV "Charles Allen" wrote: > I have a demo environment I created. Bus ...

How do I change the text color of a PDF documents?
How do I change the text color of a PDF documents. The text shows up blue automatically and there is no option to change it to other colors. It is a PDF Foxit Reader 2.2. When I print it, it shows up as grey color. Not anything that Office has control over. Mybe use a different PDF reader. TLC_RN wrote: > How do I change the text color of a PDF documents. The text shows up blue > automatically and there is no option to change it to other colors. It is a > PDF Foxit Reader 2.2. When I print it, it shows up as grey color. You can't edit a .pdf in any of the Off...

Strip out part of a text field
Hi, I have a text field on my form where I scan barcodes from incoming packages. What I need is a code that will count the number of digits of the number scanned from the bar code. In this case all the digits are numeric. If the number of digits are 32 then it should strip out the first 16 and the last 4 digits and display the remaining 4 digits in another field called TrackingNumber. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Here's some psuedocode: If len([text field]) = 32 then [TrackingNumber] = right([text fie...

Adding Text To A Column
Hello, Last one for today; I promise. I have a long column of numbers, such as: 456 567 321 784 etc. The worksheet is formatted as .csv Is there any easy way to convert this column to: 456 MHz 567 MHz 321 MHz etc. And, would they (still) be interpreted as numbers, or would it now go a text format (automatically) ? Thanks for the help, Bob Hi Bob If you want it to stay numbers, do a custom formating ###" MHz" or if you want text, you can do it this way assuming you data starts in A1 in the other cells put =A1&"MHz" and copy down. HTH John "Bob" <rg...

How do I get text to continue from one text box to another on pag
I am working on a course catalog. I have text boxes on each page and need the text to flow from one page to another. How do I do this? Some pages are already doing it. I have taken over a previous catalog to update. Thanks:) What version Publisher? This article shows you graphically how to link text boxes, it is a 2003 Office article but the principle is the same in most all versions of Publisher. About connecting text boxes http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030717461033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsof...

templates and pulling addresses from a text file
most grateful for any help... I work for a company in which we have three distinct regions - europe, asia, america. we have blanket notifications for three three regions in which we have to send a chain of three e-mails to a unique group of e-mail addresses for each region - a notification, update and resolution. each region has a unique set of e-mail addresses to send this to. the three lists are of around 200 addresses each. i have the e-mail lists in unique text files, separated so that i can cut and paste from notepad and dump the addresses straight into the 'bcc' fi...

Text box missing
Hi All, i havea simple question here... I am hoping anyway... I have a text box on a form which displays the concatenation of First and Surname, =[FirstName] & " " & [Surname] This is all fine, however, i have a button which creates a letter from the contact on the same form, when Word opens up and puts on the details on the word document and i return to the application the text box with the name disappears, however when i put my mouse over it it reappears. There is no event procedure on Lost or got focus or mouse over etc. truly bizarre. Any ideas?? Thanks ...

Compare text in 2 different files
I am using Excel 2003 and have two files containing mailing information. I need to check and see which companies are on both lists. I can't use a VLOOKUP formula because some of the company names are slightly different. e.g. One may have a LLC or Inc. at the end and the other doesn't. Is there a formula I can use to compare the first 4 or 5 letters in the company name between the two files? Thanks! Paige Assume you're 2 lists are in A1:A10 and B1:B10 (change to fit your data). Also change the 4 in the LEFT() function to be the number of characters you want to com...

Cut/Past Currency is Text
I have cut and pasted some data into excel from a web page. It sorts out the columns just fine. However one of the columns is a list of currencies but Excel it treating it like text. Each cell has a leading � and a couple of trailing blanks. As it is text I am unable to sum etc. Is there some way to simply overcome this... Many thanks, Roy Hi Roy! Select the column of data and use: Data > Text to Columns Check fixed width Next Insert a divide after the currency symbol Next Finish You can then delete the first column. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@...

text box #error 03-17-08
I am having a problem with a report, i keep getting this "#error" I have a report that runs off a query that brings back a list of people who have received a nomination for recognition and part of that I have included a text box that states whether or not that person has recieved any "ecards". This is sorted by month. If in a given month, someone has received a nomination and an "ecard" it works fine. If someone has received a nomination, but no "ecard" it stills works fine. If someone has not received a nomination, the report comes up empty like ...

What UAC default setting if W2k8 join AD (assuming GPO not yet been configured in AD)
Dear all, Could you please tell me, after Win server 2008 joined AD domain, what is the default setting for UAC ? ( gpedit.msc >> Computer Configuration >> Windows Settings >>Security >> Local Policy >> Security Options .. look for UAC setting) My current Windows Server 2008 UAC setting, before join AD domain, http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4971/20091114sfwin2008uacset.png I would like to know if after join domain the default setting for UAC ? assuming the AD environment is has not yet configured the GPO policies. Thank you in advance. Hell...

Line and text box move by themselves
(Excel 2000) I regularly add horizontal lines and text boxes to charts, using the Draw tool. When I return to the charts some time later I find that both the line and the box have "slipped" lower down the chart. They can even end up below the x-axis. This happens all the time on some charts. but on others the line and text box appear properly fixed. So far as I am aware I am not doing anything different with them. Is there a cure for this or is it a program defect? Any assistance gratefully received. If you use data series for lines and labels, they will remain anchored...

Pasting text
I am trying to create a formula dictionary for general use in our department. When I copy syntax and try to paste it into my Excel row, it pastes it but it pastes each line as a separate row. I tried pasting special, I tried copying it to Word first and then copying it in, I tried copying it to Notepad first and then copying it in. None of those seemed to work. Every time I tried pasting it, it created new rows underneath where I want to paste it for each line of the syntax. Any suggestions... Thanks. wnfisba If you're doing this one cell at a time, just paste into the formula ba...

Graphing #2
Is it possible to plot functions (EG trig) AS TRENDLINES or otherwise? Hi, You would have to plot as normal series. You could either create the values yourself using worksheet formula or try either of these 2 approaches. Stephen Bullen's ChtFrmla, http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Tushar Mehta's Plot Manager Addin http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html Cheers Andy ace wrote: > Is it possible to plot functions (EG trig) AS TRENDLINES or otherwise? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

making a 'soft' letterhead and want to lock elements but allow text entry
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have to make an e-letterhead, essentially a template/form with all the common elements such as logo, address and footer all locked in place, but allowing anyone to enter text eg: write a letter but not allow them to be able to move the common stuff so the corporate look and style is preserved. <br> Have tried to find a way to lock down three pieces - an image, a text box and another text box but no luck, any ideas? thanks everyone for any help. Frankly, every time in my corporate experience when it was tr...

add numbers but ignore text
I think I posted this but I can't find it anywhere so here goes again: A1 displays "Week 1". I want B1 to display "Week 2" using a formula. I learn how to use Excel by fiddling around and posting here but this is somewhat inefficient. Besides taking classes, what's the best route to take? Books? Online? Thanks ahead of time. This is a very common problem. You want to do math on cells containing both text and numbers. Select your cells and pull-down: Format > Cells > Number > Custom and enter "Week "General The cell will show Week 1,...

AD Schema change
Hi all, Does MS CRM make any AD schema changes? Yes, it will add an Org Unit that it controls. "Ivan Miljan" <ivan.miljan@msan.hr> wrote in message news:da4401c3828f$929972d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... Hi all, Does MS CRM make any AD schema changes? No CRM only adds an OU or Organizational Unit, it does not modify the active directory schema "Ivan Miljan" <ivan.miljan@msan.hr> wrote in message news:da4401c3828f$929972d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi all, > > Does MS CRM make any AD schema changes? > ...

New user not added to TWO database
Hello, I've recently noticed that newly created users are not added to the TWO database when they are created in GP. This prevents the user from being able to log in (they get an error message saying to contact the system administrator). Is there a SQL query I can run to fix this problem? Thanks Josh Josh, No SQL. Go into Tools > Setup > User Access and add the user to the companies that you want them to access. -- Lyle U Josh Kandiko wrote: > Hello, > > I've recently noticed that newly created users are not added to the > TWO database when they are cre...

text quality
i have resently upgraded from publisher 98 to 2003 and i am unable to get the same quality text. how do i improve the quality of the texts? How does the text look when you print? Do you have a flat screen monitor? Microsoft PowerToys has included the Clear Type Tuner, it will improve how text looks on your screen. It is a free download. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx An upgraded video driver might help too. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around. If the text does not print right, a printer driver upgrade could be the solution. -- M...

Graphs & charts
I have data plotted in a chart. I have the Verticle axis options set to Auto for the minimum value so that excel will figure it for me. Reason for this is that I commonly hide or unhide data that in turn readjusts the plotted values on the chart. Problem I am having and hope for a solution is that it almost always defaults to 0. It will default to 0 even when a have values from say 600 to 1000. And even when it does auto adjust, it still will show 900 to 1200 for values that only range from 1020 to 1140. How can I maximize the viewing so that data showing is as far top and bottom...

converting numbers to text
I entered several numbers with leading zeros only to notice after the fact that the leading zero's were being dropped as expected. I then highlighted the numbers went to format and selected text. The numbers all shifted to the left but the leading zeros didn't appear. If I format a cell as text and them enter the number the leading zeros appear. Is there no way to convert the ones that I already entered? I thought for sure that I done this before without a problem. gls858 Hi To convert number to text, use a formula such as =TEXT(A13,"0000000")in a helper column - say B13,...

Novice trying to sort the values on a radar graph
Hi, I need the values on a radar grapgh to show as 0, 3, 6, and 9 as the outside of the 'web'. However the values in my data only go up to 5, how can I make the graph show up to 9 and only show the 3 radiating lines I want i.e. 3, 6, & 9? really new to this, so feel free to treat like an idiot! Good question. Here's what you do: * Slide the cursor over the rib of the radar graph until you see a little box open up saying "format axis". * Right-click on the axis. * A little dialog box opens up, and you should click the 'format axis' option. * A bigge...