Wrong appointment times when Entourage syncs with iCal

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel
Email Client: imap

Hello, <br>
Whenever I create or accept an appointment in Entourage, when it syncs with iCal, the appointments are always 5 hours later in iCal (the correct time is retained in Entourage). The time zones in both programs are the same, and I can't think of anything else I'm doing that's causing it. Help! <br>
Thanks, <br>
cmeghna

This happened to me when I first upgraded to Snow Leopard last year.
I tried many, many, many different things (via Applecare support AND
Microsoft Support) and nothing worked.  I ended up upgrading to
Microsoft Office 2008 and it fixed the issue immediately.  I left 2004
on my computer and still use them when I need to.  Just don't try
running both Entourage's at the same time.

On Feb 10, 10:15=A0am, cmeg...@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: I=
ntel Email Client: imap Hello,
> Whenever I create or accept an appointment in Entourage, when it syncs wi=
th iCal, the appointments are always 5 hours later in iCal (the correct tim=
e is retained in Entourage). The time zones in both programs are the same, =
and I can't think of anything else I'm doing that's causing it. Help!
> Thanks,

Michelle

Add hours to time of day
I'm looking for a way to add hours to a time value, and have the result calculated as a new time value. For instance, I want to add 30 hours to 7:00, and have the result be 13:00 the following day (I think I got that right). The date would need to be part of the calculation. For ease of use I think it would be best if the date and time are in separate columns. For instance: C1 -- Date C2 -- Time of day C3 -- Hours (number) C4 -- Ending time and date I expect this has been answered at some point, but I can't seem to find the right search parameters. Actually an hour is 1...

Ofice 2008 crash all the time
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi, I have the Office 2008 home $ Studente version, my problem is that my office works fine for a limited period of time until gets corrupted, aprox. 2 to 3 weeks, then shows the unexpected error windows alert and i can't open anything, after that word, excel, entourage, Pwt, refused to run. I reformat my hard disk and i installed the last version of Mac OS 10.5.2 with all the another system and utilities programas up to date, i had updated the Office to 12.0.1 and nothing, the only solution that i found was remove ...

Already have 292822, WINS still shows wrong address
After installing a large number of updates on an SBS 2000 that hadn't been updated in a while, I was told that the DOS-based line of business application was painfully slow, which I was able to verify for myself. The only big thing I can find wrong is that WINS is showing the IP of the WAN adapter instead of the IP of the LAN adapter, but KB 292822 was implemented many moons ago. I reviewed it anyway, but all the necessary registry entries are still there. I tried clearing the WINS database, but the incorrect enties returned. DNS looks okay. At the same tim...

what is " This is a test 08:43:22 Real time"
When I hit the grave accent key, I get this message. I have searched Macros and have nothing like this. How can I delete it? ...

Macros word 2007 run time error 4605
Macros run time error 4605 the method or property is not available because the clip board is empty or not valid. I get the above message when I paste two pages of text in to a macro I'm recording and formatting. I get the message when I restart my computer I usually copy the text before I start the recording and paste it in once I start recording. Can anyone help with this? I would like to get rid of the error and have a functional macro Post your macro code with a description of what it is supposed to do. We cannot help debug it if we don't know what it is? -- ...

Phantom Recurring Appointment
I'm using Outlook 2003 at home, not part of Exchange. I'm using Google CalendarSync to put new appointments onto my Blackberry. I was having some difficulty with recurring appointments, so I created one in Outlook and another on the Blackberry and tested the sync process. Once I saw that both were created properly on both ends, I deleted both appointments. Neither appointment is shown in Outlook or on my Google Calendar or my Blackberry Calendar. However, if I open my deleted items folder in Outlook, I will see numerous deleted appointments that recurred at 30-minu...

Microsoft Word for Mac 2008 hangs each time I try to open a document within the program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have the latest updated versions of Word for Mac 2008 (12.2.4) and OSX (10.6.3). <br><br>Every time I try to open a word document WITHIN Microsoft word the program automatically hangs. This does NOT happen when I try to open the same document from the Finder window. The program does not hang with other commands (eg. save) and other Office programs do not seem to have the same problem. <br><br>I used to have an older version of Word (2004) but have upgraded to 2008. I used to have the s...

Entourage And Exchange 2003
Quick question if any one knows, Entourage user connected to the exchange server for some reason don't get an auto complete (e-mail addresses) within the "send- to" dialog box. Make sure the recent addresses checkbox is enabled in Preferences - Compose. If that isn't what you are talking about, will you explain what the "send-to" dialog box is? Thanks, Richard On 6/16/04 11:36 AM, "Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Quick question if any one knows, Entourage user > connected to the exchange server for some reason don&...

How do I apply borders one side at a time
In Publisher I am trying to have a border on the top, on the bottom, on the leftside, but NOT on the rightn side. Can I do this? How? Select the object, click the line icon, more lines (styles, in 2000 and below) select the right side, click none. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "the dr mike" <the dr mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50E30E0F-85FC-4283-893F-D72FC2FE60CD@microsoft.com... > In Publisher I am trying to have a border on the top, on the bottom, on the > leftside...

CRM Appointment button not working
Hi, The CRM Appointment button in Outlook does not open a new appointment screen, has anyone had this problem? The CRM Contact, Task etc buttons work fine. Any help would be great, thanks You have to clear the cache in the Outlook Client for the SFO addon. In Outlook: Click TOOLS > Options Other (tab) > Advanced Options button Custom Forms button > Manage Forms button Click on Clear cache. Close . Should fix the problem. Guy. "Emma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:064501c4dca0$5de7ffe0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > The CRM Appoi...

Using Appointment updating in CRM does not show up in Outlook
We have an appointment that was scheduled through c360's Group Calendar. Original time was 11am, but there was a change and the owner changed it to 10am. All of the attendies outlook calendars still show the 11am time. Is there someway to update this appoint in Outlook without having to delete and resend the appt email? I think this is a process issue (need to change the way we do things) but I don't know what needs to change. Any help is greatly appreciated. Ken ...

Thumbnails: Entourage and MS Word help screens
I use OS 10.3 and Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.1 (recently downloaded the upgrade). For several weeks, Entourage messages and Microsoft Word help screens have been previewing and printing only as thumbnails. I know that Preview tends to reduce the size of documents so they will show in the small viewing window, but on my machine Entourage messages and Microsoft Word help screens preview in microscopic text--and print that way, too. The text is about 2 pts. This happens when I use any of the three printers in our office. I've noticed that while the preview PDFs are up on screen the "actu...

Outlook 2007 email syncing
I have Outlook 2007 on both my desktop and laptop. I use my desktop primarily, but would like to work on my emails from my laptop while I fly and then sync everything back to the desktop. Is this possible? Thanks, Frank Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Frank asked: | I have Outlook 2007 on both my desktop and laptop. I use my desktop | primarily, but would lik...

how do i add up time to total hours? #2
Thanks But None Of That Is Working. I Get Either A .233 Or 12:00 Am Any Other Suggestions? Thank -- CRGHTNSOC ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CRGHTNSOCR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1659 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31455 What exactly do you want to get? Give some example data and results. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "CRGHTNSOCR" <CRGHTNSOCR.1fvzjz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:CRGHT...

Eula Agreement launches each time Outlook 2003 starts
I am having 2 problems with Outlook 2003 on one of our computers. Everytime Outlook starts the Eula agreement pops up also you have to hit send and recieve to send or recieve messages or else the messages just sit in the inbox. It seems to be configured exactly like all of our other machines. I am running exchange 2000 and have a number of other units running Office 2003 and none of the other machines are experiencing this problem. Any help woul be greatly appreciated ...

Can time zone be ignored in a DateTime DataColumn deserialization?
Hello, We serialize a DataTables that have columns which are DateTime. When the DataTable is deserialized it displays the date in the local time zone instead of the time the date was saved as. We actually don't even display the time portion, we just use the date but since the default time is 12:00AM, when the file is open in another time zone say -3 the date shows the prior date. I know this is expected behaviour but it's not what we want. Any ideas? Thanks, Joe No ideas...this isn't looking good... "Joe" <jbassking@noemail.noemail>...

DST 2007 Question on Exchange 2003 SP2
Over the weekend we ran the Exchange Update Tool to update all our mailboxes. We ran the tool on Exchange at 6:00PM and it finished by 7:00PM. We applied the Windows update to our XP workstations at 8:00 PM that night. No one was on their systems at the time. This morning, some users are saying some of their appointments, scheduled after March 11th, are scheduled one hour earlier. I'm assuming this will change to an hour later on March 11th, as it picks up the Windows time zone change. Is this how it's supposed to go? -- Sandy Wood Orange County District Attorney On Mon, 5 Mar ...

save .snp file as system date and time
Hi, I'm trying to save a .SNP file in a specific directory and with the current time and date. The file is saved in the specified directory, but he's always saved as today.snp here is the code: Dim stDocName As String Dim today today = Now stDocName = "suporte_encomenda" DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, stDocName, "Snapshot Format", "l:\docs\today.snp" could anyone help me, please??? -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano First off, you didn't define a d...

Date/Time Stamping?
I'd like to be able to automagically enter the date/time. Either into separate cells (one for date another for time) or into a single cell. Nothing complicated - just keeping a list of network response time tests. First column(s) will be Date/Time, the other column will be KBPS. I can do VBA, just don't know where to start. -- PeteCresswell Pete, have a look here, http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appre...

Wrong Desktop Icon
I have developed this software and created the installation package but when I install it from my cd the icon on the desktop is a piece of paper. But the .exe file in the 'program files' directory has the correct icon, even if i create a shortcut for it. Any ideas? Did you change all the different image types in your icon file to your new icon. Load your application in visual studio, bring up the icon in the resource editor, from the Image menu check all the different image types. AliR. "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

[IGNORE] Sorry! I sent this to the wrong group!!
I hate stupidity. Most of all, my own. Feel free to flame me if you think I need to atone for my wrongs. :) "John Ruiz" <no_email@provided.com> wrote in message news:... PRE-SCRIPT: This has ASCII diagrams. I built them using a fixed-width font, so looking at them in a proportional font may make my pretty drawings quite ugly. GIVEN: ROOT | |----NODE 1 | |----NODE A | |----NODE B | |----NODE 2 | |----NODE C | |----NODE D - Built by stepping through Schema and building TreeNodeSrc XML String. WHAT I WANT: ROOT | |----NODE 1 |----NODE 2 - Built by stepp...

Offline WiFi Hotspot Directory works with Outlook and Entourage
Greetings: Our organization, Riverwalk Mobile provides a directory of North American WiFi Hotspots to thousands of subscribers as we provide the best tool for people who are offline to find a hotspot. Our directory runs on Macs,PCs, laptops, PDAs, even iPods. We would like to add the SBC hotspots at no charge to SBC. Many providers provide us with an updated monthly database of their sites which will include in our directory. We'd be happy to answer any questions you may have in regards to our directory. Sincerely, Art Nicholas Publisher www.riverwalkmobile.com ...

Emails shown with wrong date in overview-screen?
hello NG, i have the following problem: i have made a constellation of folders in witch i sort my incoming and outgoing mail to. now i have found the following phaenomenon: in one of these folders i see a bunch of mail (sent by myself) witch all seem to be sent on the same date, 15. december 2004. but in reality this is the wrong date, they have been sent over a long period reaching back even until 2001. if i doubleklick on the mail and view it the correct date is shown. only in the "overview-screen" where all the mails are listed, the date is shown wrong. what can i do about ...

Passing null to date/time field
I am using MySql and create a new table that has a date/time field. I set it to accept nulls as well. Created a new XSD dataset in ASP.NET but I cannot set the NullValue property to anything but "(Throw Exception)". (The DefaultValue property is <DBNull>.) I then created all of the typical class methods. When I call the Insert method I tried passing system.dbnull.value but it will not allow me to. It says that the type 'system.dbnull' cannot be converted to 'date'. 2 Questions: 1. How can I change the NullValue property in my dataset t...

Outlook crashes after syncing with PDA
I just got a O2 XDA mini and I am using MS ActiveSync. Every time i reply to an email on the PDA and then sync in with the desktop I can no longer use outlook. If I try to type in an email address or reply to an email in outlook it crashes stating Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.6565.0, stamp 42cacc7d, faulting module outllib.dll, version 11.0.6568.0, stamp 42e176f8, debug? 0, fault address 0x002caccd. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Outlook 2003, same with ActiveSync 3.8. When I run a repair and detect the issue is solved, however, once I do the same task again o...