Unread count is always (1) when there are no unread messages

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

I have tried everything - marking as unread, selecting all and marking as unread followed by marking all as read, cmd-alt-t, cmd-l.  It still comes up with one unread message which I cannot find. <br><br>How can I fix this?
0
Lou_C

On 1/22/10 12:30 AM, in article 59bb16b0.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Lou_C@officeformac.com" <Lou_C@officeformac.com> wrote:

>  have tried everything - marking as unread, selecting all and marking as
> unread followed by marking all as read, cmd-alt-t, cmd-l.  It still comes up
> with one unread message which I cannot find.
>
> How can I fix this?

This is a sign of database corruption. You need to rebuild your database.
Make sure you have enough free space. See details:

How to rebuild:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/database/rebuild.html>

Rebuilding a damaged database

<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/09/rebuilding_a_damaged_database_that_e
xceeded_size_limit.html>

In case the above link does not work:

<http://tinyurl.com/4s6qv3>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane
1/22/2010 9:18:53 PM
Yes, this worked.  Thankyou.
0
Lou_C

Message deselected when "Move to Folder" is clicked
I transferred my outlook files to a new computer with the same version of Outlook (XP) and the same Service Pack installed (SP3). Now, when I right-click on an e-mail and choose "Move to folder", the e-mail is deselected while I choose which folder to send it to. On my old computer it stayed selected so I could see which e-mail I was moving. How can I change it so that the message stays selected? "V_Jamie" <V_Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9935A52-9146-4430-ACAB-737EA51E826A@microsoft.com... >I transferred my outlook files to a new ...

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable #5
Howdy, I had a primary domain controller with exchange server 2003. Everything was running fine. I got a new server and promoted it as a secondary domain controller (no exchange). This morning the OWA when logging in would give the error: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable. Employees using outlook get the message the exchange server cannot be found. KB282230 told me to remove the davex.dll file from the virtual directory's wildcard application maps. So I did, restarted IIS, and now I get a page cannot be displayed after putting in my login name and password (in OWA). Event Viewer E...

retaining flagged messages after archiving
I like to archive old messages a lot because of the sheer amount of email I get, but when I have messages flagged, I would like them to stay in my main ..pst file. Sometimes I keep messages flagged for months (or forever) and right now they get archived and then I have to manually move them back... ...

Cell formatting
I am using a formula to copy cells from one sheet to another. Everything is ok except the date column. The when that cell is "" or -0- it shows 1/0/1900 How can I change this to "-" or blank? Many thanks One way: =IF(Sheet1!A1>0,Sheet1!A1,"") In article <1105828404.988014.300140@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "seve" <scooksey@charter.net> wrote: > I am using a formula to copy cells from one sheet to another. > > Everything is ok except the date column. > > The when that cell is "" or -0- it shows 1/0...

Retracting messages in Outlook2K3
Is this feature working in Outlook 2K3? thanks Liz It works as well in Outlook 2003 as it has in any other version of Outlook. Meaning if all of the conditions are right and the stars align, it works. Otherwise, it's not 100% reliable and there are a wide variety of factors that affect it's success. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Liz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2f5101c3c4d0$a1c91f20$7d02280a@phx.gbl... &g...

how to delete all emails in unread messages
How do I delete 718 unread messages at one time? Press control-a to select all files and then press shift-delete to permanently delete all On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:01:36 -0500, paulyj53005 <paulyj53005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I delete 718 unread messages at one time? -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ use the Search Folder or View to firstly see all the Unread messages. Then do as described. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "Scott" <ricketts4@verizon.net> wrote...

Counting Dates of Occurrences
I am developing a spreadsheet to show the date and time an event has occurred at a location. The cells indicating date and time are custom formated to display mm/dd hh:mm. The first occcrrence is shown in column G, the second occurence in column H, the third iin column I, and so on. This works fine, but I need to count the number of occurrences shown in each column. Can you help? Thanks =COUNT(A2:A200) assuming you are using excel dates and times -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "wally" <wally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EEBFCEB-6FAC-40F2-B8B7-04...

Error message on closing Outlook
Every time I close down Outlook I have to wait for an error message to come up on my Desktop that says: "MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close..." then it follows with "...please tell MS about this problem." which I USED to click as "yes" but now, only "no" and then have to click a box that says "reopen Outlook" or "close outlook". This must be answered before I can shut down Windows 2000. Try running Detect and Repair from the Outlook Help menu. If you installed your Office version from a network LAN dist...

Activesync, 1 device shared by multiple users?
Hello. Is this possible? The vice president of the company I work for wants to purchase one Motorola Q when it comes out. He wants me to make activesync work with that device. I want to try to let three users beta test it one week at a time. Can I make multiple profiles in a device? Or can I erase the previous person's profile and create the next beta tester's profile? Thanks in advance. Hi You would need to erase/remove the previous setting when handing over to the new beta tester, unfortunatly Windows Mobile devices are not able to be configured with multiple profiles. ...

1.3 to 2.0
i currently have 1.3r installed and recieved the 2.0 cd many months ago but never udated because of the dongle situation. do i, should i update to 2.0? is it faster? slower? better? looks?. if there are not any major changes for better i like to just wait for the 3.0. Any advise? thanks jay In addition to increased database size allowances, there are enhanced Matrix item features, enhanced purchasing and receiving options, enhanced discount options, and simplified product activation - so you can get rid of that dongle... it is my understanding that there is no statement...

Cannot install Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update
I'm currently running Office 2008 Student & Teacher Edition on OS X (10.5.2). When I ran the Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update, the installer informed me: You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. Any clues why this happened? Is there a different update package for the Student & Teacher Edition? Same exact issue. On 3/11/08 6:05 PM, in article 864A554B-B2F0-46B5-9BB4-26F200951D05@microsoft.com, "rosebud" <rosebud@discussion...

Slow internal message delivery
We are running Exchange 2000 and have noticed recently that it can take up to 2 hours for an internal email to be delivered within the same building. Are there any maintenance routines to tools I can use to resolve this issue? Thanks. What's the queue size on your Exchange server? You also don't mention if you have multiple Exchange Servers and / or multiple FE or BE's Help us to help you by telling us your Exchange Org overview. Oliver "BigMan" <BigMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9CBE627-B677-439F-8D0A-B1E9DC5B6A24@microsoft.com... >...

Percent formatting & rate <1%
When a cell is formatted for percent and I enter a rate that is <1% I get an incorrect result if I fail to enter the 0 before the decimal. An entry of .5 returns 50.00% while an entry of 0.5 returns 0.5 % which is correct. Try entering it with the percent sign, i.e. .5% -- HTH RP "Jack Sautter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ec701c4a3c0$1cd7ce90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When a cell is formatted for percent and I enter a rate > that is <1% I get an incorrect result if I fail to enter > the 0 before the decimal. An entry of .5 re...

WMP11 Playcount not always updating
The playcount of tracks that I'm playing from an Auto Playlist rarely update when I'm using the "Now Playing" view. The view contains both "Date Last Played" and "Play Count". The "Date Last Played" *is* updating, but the Play Count updates only about 20% of the time. This started happening when I swapped my PC for a newer one. The operating system is unchanged, XP SP3. WMP is WMP11 installed on January 4th. The playlists and all my music comes from an external USB drive, so nether have changed in any significant way (the playlist has...

count ?'s
So i was wondering if there was a way to use the count w/ specifi letters like in 1 cell can i have it count all the a's, all the b's-g's. know i can you count(a) and it will count text but can i specif specific text for it to count -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use the "*" wildcard. =COUNTIF(A1,"*a*") OR If you would like to use a specific cell to designate a character, so that it could be easily changed: =COUNTIF(A1,"*"&$B$1&"*") -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please ...

Message received in Outlook Express but not in Office Outlook why
I used Outlook Express as default for e-mail. I installed Office Outrlook and marked it as default. I continue to receive e-mail on Outlook Express but not on Office Outlook. What settings do I need to make? Open Outlook using the /checkclient switch: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "Old Fud" wrote: > I used Outlook Express as default for e-mail. I installed Office Outrlook > and marked i...

Importing older OE messages after reformatting hard Drive
I have had problems with my computer recently and decided to re-format my hard drive. I am having trouble "importing" older messages that I had saved in Outlook Express and attempted to retrieve after re-installing OE v.6 (older messages from same version). I have had difficulty upon attempting this once already in the past when doing the same thing. I attempted to import messages using the "import" option in OE and have failed time and time again. In fact, when trying to import, an option to import messages from "OE" does not even exist. When importing mess...

Does the 'Expires After' message option require Microsoft Exchange on sender side, reciever or both?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0178_01C4F8D8.6864AFF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have asked this question in two Outlook newsgroups and nobody has been = able to give me a definite answer.=20 Does the 'Expires After' message option require Microsoft Exchange on = the=20 sender side, receiver side, or both? Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_0178_01C4F8D8.6864AFF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HT...

Set new message to "Justify" format...not Left??
Greetings, I was wondering if there was a way to have a new mail message automatically be set up for "Justify" instead of "Left" for paragraph formatting. I'm using Outlook 2003 Thanks in advance Are you using Word as the Outlook message editor? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, glen.bramlitt@gmail.com asked: | Greetings, | | I was wondering if there was a way to have a new ma...

Sent Messages Missing
Yesterday, suddenly, all my previously sent messages disappeared from the "Sent Items" folder. To make things ever worse, the messages which I have sent since yesterday are not showing up in the "Sent Items" folder? The messages were received by the recipients! Under the Tools - Option ... Email Options, the "Save copies of message in Sent Items folder" option is checked. What could have been inadvertently changed to cause this? -- Basharat Javaid. Are you sure your view is set correctly? (not set to display only unread items for instance) -- Roady [MV...

Error message for data table
I tried to change a data table and now I cannot get the information that was there before or move on I am using a school lab from and everytime I try to reopen Excel it takes me dirrectly to the page with the error. So I need to know how to get it to let me refresh or delete the data table and start over. Hi, I think you need to contact the administrator of the lab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Abigail" <Abigail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C19ED7B6-8EDA-4549-A98D-8C85093C3327@microsoft.com... >I tri...

1:N Relationships From Contracts
I have set up a new custom entity that has a relationship to the Contract entity. While a Contract is in Draft status, I can navigate to the associated view for my custom entity and create a new record. However, as soon as the Contract gets invoiced and becomes live I can no longer create new instances of my custom entity. I know I can add a button to the NavBar and put some code behind it to create a new record, but this seems rather hacky and I would much prefer to be able to use the "Create New..." button on the grid view. Does anyone know of a way around this? Regards, Pete ...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Custom_Number_Problem_re_=A33=2E45M?=
Hello. I want to 3,456,322 to be displayed as an approximate i.e. =A33.45M. I am completely flumoxed by this. Help would be much appreciated. Regards Happy This is as close as I can get under Custom Format #.##,,"M" returns 3.46M Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:05:58 -0800 (PST), Happy_Spice <fablifestyle@googlemail.com> wrote: >Hello. I want to 3,456,322 to be displayed as an approximate i.e. >�3.45M. I am completely flumoxed by this. Help would be much >appreciated. >Regards >Happy Forgot the � Custom Alt + 0163#.##,,"M...

Receiving multiple copies of messages
I installed Outlook Live several days ago. I have not been using Microsoft Outlook fro quite some time. For the first few days, my messages were downloading normally. All of a sudden, Outlook has started downloading multiple copies of the same message. I do not have any filters set up, so this cannot be a filter issue. I have 4 pop accounts set up, 1 MAPI account (Hotmail) and 1 IMAP account. The majority of my mail is received from my Hotmail account. The pop accounts are all set up with the option to leave messages on the server until I empty the deleted items folder. My IMAP...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have an Outlook 2003 rule that is set to forward messages to another account and move them to a specific folder. All the messages are moved correctly, but many of them aren't forwarded. The ones that are forwarded show up in sent items, so I can clearly see that the rule is not even attempting to send them (i.e. the message wasn't sent but lost in transit due to server/connection issues). Is this a known issue? Is there any way to fix it? Cheers, Chris. ...