Unknown error when checking mail.

Hi
I have just recently resurrected my files via time machine and one of my
email accounts no longer downloads my emails. Entourage gives me a message
which says:

An unknown error has occurred in Entourage.
Could not retrieve mail.

Account name: ""

Error: 16001

The odd thing about this is that the two other accounts on the same server
work just fine and I can SEND emails from my account without any issues. I
have recreated the account to no avail. Right now all of the messages are
being forwarded to my Gmail account.

Any advice?
Thanks

Dave

0
Dave

On 11/12/09 9:32 PM, in article C7222F60.7AFF%dmsanderson@shaw.ca, "Dave
Sanderson" <dmsanderson@shaw.ca> wrote:

> I have just recently resurrected my files via time machine and one of my
> email accounts no longer downloads my emails. Entourage gives me a message
> which says:

Time Machine recoveries of your Entourage Identity can have serious
problems.

>  I have recreated the account to no avail.

Try deleting the account and create new. Simply erasing the data does not
always fix issues with an account.

If that fails....

Create a new Identity in Entourage and enter the account info and see if it
will connect.

I suggest that you verify your Identity by exporting all your data as an
Entourage archive (.rge) file. File > Export (select the default to export
all items as Entourage archive (.rge) file)

Using Time Machine to backup Entourage basics:

It's advised by the developers not to let Time Machine backup your Entourage
database. If the database is copied while being used, the backup could be
corrupt. You can set the Time Machine to exclude the Microsoft User Data
folder and create an iCal event to copy it over at night while not in use so
you get one backup daily in Time Machine.

<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/alternative_method_to_use_entourage_
and_time_machine.html>

--
Diane

0
Diane

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Setting up a new e-mail account

Error in Outlook Today

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Customer check data

Error in database....

unknown .edb file

why does my spell check not work?
My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? In what program / version "karen" <karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA8883BD-0958-4AB0-93FF-F43E4FB9D176@microsoft.com... > My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? ...

error 553

80070005 error #2

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Odd e-mail duplication problem