Unable to send email with Entourage 2004

Am using Leopard, Microsoft Office 2004, have been using Entourage for
a number of years. Have done all the updates.   Am able to receive
mail and to access Internet with any links in email but can not send.
I have tried a new identity for email.  I have tried a variety of
settings.  Am using POP server  POP3live.com through hotmail to send
and received.  Have done utility keychain access, Key chain first aid
with this in red when I run verify.

Item =93POP3.live.com=94 has unspecified value for port attribute
Item =93smtp.live.com=94 has unspecified value for port attribute

When run repair twice this is the change.  However still unable to
send mail.
Repair started
Checking keychain configuration for Marilyn Elhart (user ID=3D501)
Home directory is /Users/meelhart
Checked login keychain
Checked default keychain
Checked keychain search list
Checked contents of ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain
Checked contents of ~/Library/Keychains/
Microsoft_Intermediate_Certificates
No problems found
Repair completed

Also will come up with error -3259 after tries to send.

Please help with what else I should do.  Thanks
0
highsinger

	Hi,

On 2010-03-30 19:57:57 -0400, highsinger said:

> Am using Leopard, Microsoft Office 2004, have been using Entourage for
> a number of years. Have done all the updates.   Am able to receive
> mail and to access Internet with any links in email but can not send.
> I have tried a new identity for email.  I have tried a variety of
> settings.  Am using POP server  POP3live.com through hotmail to send
> and received.  Have done utility keychain access, Key chain first aid
> with this in red when I run verify.

Well you could try to simply delete the keychain entry to let Entourage
create a fresh new one.
I would also double-check that the ISP (or whoever provides the SMTP
access) hasn't changed anything in the setup lately.

����������Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso

Money 2004 for Canada
Money 2004 has just come out in Canada. As other years only the Standard version is brought out here. I am a Quicken user but anxious to get away from them. Does anyone know if the Canadian Standard version of Money 2004 support online tracking of stocks. I believe that in the US, the Deluxe version has to be purchased in order to do this. "Ray St-Sauveur" <plough@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:PZ7Va.1251$mv6.270178@news20.bellglobal.com... > Money 2004 has just come out in Canada. As other years only the Standard > version is brought out here. I am a Quick...

how do I log into my work email from home
how do I log into my work email from home Ask your work email Admin. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, blampani asked: | how do I log into my work email from home ...

Outlook 2000 forwarding emails.
I am trying to automatically forward an email to a distribution group.I have used the rules wizard. The email will be sent to all but members that are external to my network. The external memeber is the most important one. What's the problem?? I had a similar problem - I think that you will find that if your outlook is running when the forwarding is to occur - it will work. But when you are not online it does not. That is because the address in your distribution list is local to your machine only. In my case, my administrator set up a distribution list at the exchange server with th...

Outlook 2003 email #2
i am new to the outlook software; currently beginning to use outlook 2003. i am receiving duplicate emails in my in-box; including all the emails i imported from my web based email, yahoo. how do i fix this problem? many thanks for any and every ones helpful guidance. happy new year, technot -- "the world will not solve it''s current problems with like-minded thinking." -Albert Einstein Not a techie here but I have had the same problem. I think that your Outlook profile is corrupt. You can create a new one and import the messages again from your backup. To create a ...

Queue not retrieving email
Hi everyone, Something weird is happening. Last week, we created a queue user in Active Directory (by the book, no mistakes) and in CRM. Everything worked fine for a couple of days, i. e., email sent to the email address was then retrieved by the CRM and placed in the queue. Unfortunately, this stopped happening for no apparent reason approximately 30 hours after the first message was received. Email messages are correctly delivered to the Exchange mailbox, where they are correctly stored (and can even be retrieved by POP3). The queue configuration has been checked and it complies wi...

Can't send mail after Win2003 SP1 ?
All- After some testing in our labs, we decided to upgrade all production Exchange 2003 servers to Windows Server 2003 SP1. The upgrade went OK, but we did notice one anomaly: Our users who connect via IMAP can no longer send messages. They get an NDR to the effect of " ... you cannot relay for this address" whenever they try to send to external addresses. However, all Outlook 2003 connected users can work just fine and send messages to anyone they want. We checked and re-checked the settings, but nothing seems to help. Anyone else seen this? Hints? Jake Update: To fur...

Re send email
Friends, I am enrolled in a group of emails in which I reside, but they send me so many messages that I would like to send them automatically to my other account, the actual hotmail. Is it possible? THank you It sounds like you are a member of a mailing list. The mailing list will typically have a feature whereby you can change your subscribed address, either by manual request or by some automated fashion (sending a command to the list server, or going to its web configuration page). If in doubt, contact the list owner. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) -----------...

Email not being delivered to external recipients in a DL
I have several distribution lists that have both AD users and external contacts as recipients as members. The external recipients have stopped receiving mail sent to these DLs since we moved over to Exchange 2003 from 5.5 last week. Users with local email addresses, however, are still receiving the mail Any idea how I can resolve the problem? I've spent hours looking for a solution without success Thanks in advance. Is the sender internal? If so I'd bet the contacts didn't come over correctly with the ADC. Have you tried to add a new contact to a DL and test it? -- Hope t...

CRM 1.2 unable to add users in OU but domain root OK.
Hello. I am having trouble adding users to CRM 1.2. If I try to add a CRM user from an OU in the domain with deployment manager or the web GUI it fails. If I add a user to CRM from the root of the domain the user is added fine to CRM. In our test environment I was able to add users to CRM that are in OU's in a test domain without any trouble. Any ideas? Thanks!! Mike ...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

Lost all email and need a way to recover...
I did a "detect and repair" because I had lost the "news" in the "Go" menu and It was not in the customized buttons anymore. So when I did the detect and repair, I lost all email and contact information. Is there a way to recover all the email and contacts? Help Annie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I did a "detect and repair" because I had lost the "news" > in the "Go" menu and It was not in the customized buttons > anymore. So when I did the detect and repair, I lost all > email and conta...

Wont send receive without hitting the button
It seems as if outlook isn't sending receiving automatically although it is set up to do so every few minutes. Once i hit send receive the messages come flowing in. I tried to uncheck the box, close outlook and reboot and then recheck the box, however that hasn't helped. anyone have any suggestions? Well for starters I'd suggest posting your Outlook version, mail account type, connection type and automatic polling settings so we'd have something to go on. You gave us nothing. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 with Entourage
Evening All, I currently have a client who is running 2 Apple Macs (iBook G4 & iMac Intel Core Duo). They are running SBS2003 Premium for their server and Entourage to connect to Exchange. Given that Dynamics connects so nicely into Outlook, will it work nicely with OSX & Entourage? At the moment this is about the only thing stopping me rolling it out. Regards, Greg Microsoft Dynamics CRM has no support for Mac and OSX at all. Your only option would be to have users connect to a pc from a mac and run crm that way ie a terminal session ============================== John O...

Workflow not allowing me to specify email sender as a field
Hi all i have a CRM queue, and form this queue, i have built a workflow that will allow me to open an email in the queue, and choose to run the workflow, with the intent that it will create a record of a custom module i have created. However, when i try to use the email sender (from) as a field to populate my new custom entity record, the option is no where to be seen? Does this not exist or am i doing something wrong? THanks Matt Melb Hi Matthew, I don't see it either. Just a theory, but I'd say that To/From/CC/BCC are not available in the workflow because they can 1 of 4 t...

Unable to sync a shared notebook
Hello all, I have a notebook stored on a laptop running Windows 7 in the standard OneNote location (My Documents\OneNote Notebooks). My "My Documents" folder is shared and I can access its contents from my Windows XP PC. I have opened the notebook on my laptop on my XP machine, thus creating a shared notebook. The notebook has been working fine for a while, but one day when editing a section on the XP machine, OneNote refused to sync that section, with the following error message: This section contains changes that cannot be synced because access to the section fi...

Unable to remove Exchange 5.5 from exchange organization
Hoping someone can help me. I've scoured the web for help and seen this issue posted before but never a good answer. We had exchange 5.5 on server1. We installed Exchange 2003 on server2. Everything was migrated, everything was/is working fine on server2. I uninstalled Exchange5.5 from server1. I uninstalled ADC. I cannot remove Exchange 5.5 from System Manager 2003. From within System Mgr 2003 when I expand administrative groups->org->folders->public folders->system configuration. The "replication" of SYSTEM CONFIGURATION shows both servers. When I clic...

Unable to login to GP
I'm working on development for a customer. I have installed SQL Server 2005 and GP 9.0. I restored a backup of their db. When I try to login to GP using sa, I get an error "You are attempting to login from a data source using a trusted connection. Update the SQL server settings for this data source to disable trusted connections." Hi Cai You have to adjust the ODBC to use SQL server authentication. Set it up and use the sa account (It does not save this setting it just uses it for setup). You should then be fine. Fliehigh "cai" wrote: > I'm workin...

Emails don't appear immediately in Inbox
After installing the update to Windows XP Service pack 2, I do not get my emails from Microsoft Exchange immediately anymore. In order for them to appear, I must do something else in Outlook like open another email, look in my calender, etc for them to pop into my inbox. Any ideas? I beleive it may be XP SP 2 related because that is when it started. Disable your firewall in Windows. It isn't designed for LAN facing connections, anyway (although SP2 makes it easier to tweak/poke holes in). As long as your network itself is protected with a good firewall (and centralized antivirus,...

Money 2004 oddity with downloaded Schwab Access transactions
I've been using Money 99-2003 with a Schwab Access (checking) account since 1999 with no problems online, download only. After installing 2004, when I finish accepting online transactions and Money goes back to the Download Report screen, the Local Balance column for the account starts with this massive negative number then starts counting down (well, up actually) to *close* to the actual amount, then the MOney 2004 screen goes totally white for 15 seconds or so. The download report reappears and all is ok. I've run both level 1 and level 2 salvages. Anyone else seeing this? -- _____...

Color coding emails recieved by a single contact
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi <br><br>Can someone please help me here in the Outlook version one could organize the emails reciveived by color coding them, however there is no option in Entourage??? Help????? On 3/24/10 1:43 PM, simrat_Bindra@officeformac.com wrote: > Can someone please help me here in the Outlook version one could > organize the emails reciveived by color coding them, however there is no > option in Entourage??? Help????? Assign a category to the contact and give it ...

Send Scheduled Email
Dear All, I am an Internet Marketer. I want to send daily or weekly email to my customer. How to automate the task with MS Outlook? Thanks See if the info here helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm "Robert Lie" <robert.lie24@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23%23sriKLpGHA.2292@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > I am an Internet Marketer. > I want to send daily or weekly email to my customer. > How to automate the task with MS Outlook? ...

Removing email address from recipient policy does not remove from
We recenlty had a company split and the new company took over several domains, both companies run SBS 2003 Exchange 2003 SP2, after removing email address domains from recipient policy of the primary company they were not removed from Active Directory so now when the primary company tries to send emails to the new company it immediately looks in AD and kicks the email back saying there is no recipient with that address and does not let it out of their network. I had to go in manually and remove all traces of the leftover address domains from AD but it is still getting caught somewhere. ...

Options for Second Company Emails
Hi all What options do I have for allowing access to emails for a second business/domain? We have a "standard" exchange 2003 setup with a single company/domain. The company has recently bought a one-man-band business who will come and work at this office. But he will retain his own corporate identity at least in the short term. What are my options for giving him access to his original business emails - probably alongside emails to our company? I'm thinking maybe hosted account viewed via OWA would be suitable, but any advice appreciated. Can I simply get the ...

Enable "A program is trying to send" message in Outlook
I have several users who use the FRx Drill Down Viewer to e-mail reports. Some of the users see the following Outlook error message on sending a report: A program is automatically trying to send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? I've been asked to ENABLE this error on those PCs who don't already see it. The users want to prevent accidentally sending reports if the "Enable e-mail" checkbox is left on in FRx Viewer. The FRx and Outlook versions are identical on all users. Both sets of users are local admins on their PCs. The antivirus versions are differ...

E-mail sends multiple copy of messages
I have run into this a couple times in the past month. I send a large e-mail to a recipient. Later I notice the e-mail is still in my outbox, so I delete it. The recipient tells me they received the message 10 times (114 times for the other person). I guess Outlook sends as much as it can then stops and resends. Any idea how to fix this. -- Frank L I have seen this in older versions of Outlook. If I remember there is a setting that said someting in the line of break appart messages larger than (100k for example). I think it was in sending options but take a look for something clos...