Toolbar only shows symbols plus font question

--B_3348491993_24392315

I have 2 questions:

When I copy/paste text from another source (another email message or a Word
document) into an email message, the font changes to a different
typestyle/size which Entourage does not allow me to change.  I end up having
to retype it all if I want it to look uniform rather than like a ransom
note.  What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Secondly, my toolbar only shows symbols and not the title for what the
symbol stands for.  I�ve tried changing the toolbar by selecting those items
again but it doesn�t work.  Could I have accidentally pressed some key and
turned that off?  Can�t figure what I pressed.

Thirdly, Entourage automatically formats when I don�t want it to.  For
example, I started the first item with �1.� and when I hit �enter� twice, it
double spaced the lines and right flushed a word.

Thank you,

Ksenia

--B_3348491993_24392315

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Toolbar only shows symbols plus font question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt=
'>I have 2 questions:<BR>
<BR>
When I copy/paste text from another source (another email message or a Word=
 document) into an email message, the font changes to a different typestyle/=
size which Entourage does not allow me to change. &nbsp;I end up having to r=
etype it all if I want it to look uniform rather than like a ransom note. &n=
bsp;What do I need to do to fix this problem?<BR>
<BR>
Secondly, my toolbar only shows symbols and not the title for what the symb=
ol stands for. &nbsp;I&#8217;ve tried changing the toolbar by selecting thos=
e items again but it doesn&#8217;t work. &nbsp;Could I have accidentally pre=
ssed some key and turned that off? &nbsp;Can&#8217;t figure what I pressed.<=

<BR>
Thirdly, Entourage automatically formats when I don&#8217;t want it to. &nb=
sp;For example, I started the first item with &#8220;1.&#8221; and when I hi=
t &#8220;enter&#8221; twice, it double spaced the lines and right flushed a =
word.<BR>
<BR>
Thank you,<BR>
<BR>
Ksenia </SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3348491993_24392315--

0
Ksenia

On 2/8/10 1:39 PM, in article C795EED8.B0C2%ksenia@clvhts.com, "Ksenia
Roshchakovsky" <ksenia@clvhts.com> wrote:

> When I copy/paste text from another source (another email message or a Word
> document) into an email message, the font changes to a different
> typestyle/size which Entourage does not allow me to change.  I end up having
> to retype it all if I want it to look uniform rather than like a ransom note.
> What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Turn off HTML and it will all look the same. Other wise you should be able
to select the text and change font and size.

> Secondly, my toolbar only shows symbols and not the title for what the symbol
> stands for.  I�ve tried changing the toolbar by selecting those items again
> but it doesn�t work.  Could I have accidentally pressed some key and turned
> that off?  Can�t figure what I pressed.

Under View in the Menu bar, select Customize Toolbar. Turn on Icon & Text.
You can also control click in the toolbar to get this option. Each window in
Entourage has different icons available.

> Thirdly, Entourage automatically formats when I don�t want it to.  For
> example, I started the first item with �1.� and when I hit �enter� twice, it
> double spaced the lines and right flushed a word.

Entourage's HTML is very limited. Use Word if you want to use a lot of
formatting.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane
2/9/2010 1:54:47 AM
Thanks for the help.

Entourage is behaving like Word with automatic formatting that I do not
want.  Is there a way for me to turn that off?

in article C7960067.25F5B%EntourageHelp@gmail.com, Diane Ross at
EntourageHelp@gmail.com wrote on 2/8/10 8:54 PM:

> On 2/8/10 1:39 PM, in article C795EED8.B0C2%ksenia@clvhts.com, "Ksenia
> Roshchakovsky" <ksenia@clvhts.com> wrote:
>
>> When I copy/paste text from another source (another email message or a Word
>> document) into an email message, the font changes to a different
>> typestyle/size which Entourage does not allow me to change.  I end up having
>> to retype it all if I want it to look uniform rather than like a ransom note.
>> What do I need to do to fix this problem?
>
> Turn off HTML and it will all look the same. Other wise you should be able
> to select the text and change font and size.
>>
>> Secondly, my toolbar only shows symbols and not the title for what the symbol
>> stands for.  I�ve tried changing the toolbar by selecting those items again
>> but it doesn�t work.  Could I have accidentally pressed some key and turned
>> that off?  Can�t figure what I pressed.
>
> Under View in the Menu bar, select Customize Toolbar. Turn on Icon & Text.
> You can also control click in the toolbar to get this option. Each window in
> Entourage has different icons available.
>>
>> Thirdly, Entourage automatically formats when I don�t want it to.  For
>> example, I started the first item with �1.� and when I hit �enter� twice, it
>> double spaced the lines and right flushed a word.
>
> Entourage's HTML is very limited. Use Word if you want to use a lot of
> formatting.

0
Ksenia
2/9/2010 3:06:21 PM
> Entourage is behaving like Word with automatic formatting that I do not
> want.  Is there a way for me to turn that off?

Try Tools>AutoCorrect.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP (Macintosh)

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***
0
Michel

How do you Change Font Size when printing the Calendar
When I print out my monthly calendar, I cannot read all of the entry because the font size is too large. So, I was trying to figure out if you can change the size of the font that is used when printing out a copy of the Monthly Calendar. I have changed all the settings for font sizes under General Preferances and it has had no effect. Does anyone know if this can be done and if so, How? Thank you in advance. SBS1 Hi I don't think the fonts are user controllable, but I do think this would be a great feature to request. Please take a moment to use the Send feedback to Microsoft with ...

Question on the Audio and Notes Sync function
Hi, I'm a college student using OneNote on a tablet everyday. <strong>-The Audio and Notes sync in OneNote can be better. A good model would be something similar to Livescribe pulse smartpen ( in terms of the way the notes are replayed).</strong> In OneNote 2007, the audio is sync with my notes, ie the notes are highlighted as the audio plays. However, I realized that it only works well with typed notes and not-so-well with handwritten notes. For it to work better with handwritten notes, I have to write my notes in straight lines consciously and space my ...

Shared mail account (permissions question!)
Hi everyone! This may not be the correct way of doing this, if so, please advise. I am trying to create a shared mailbox for a group of users - these people do not need their own email accounts and will all share the same address etc. I have created a user 'support' and want to simply add this mail profile to each users version of Outlook. However, when I try to add the exchange service, it prompts me for a username and password. Where do I need to set the permissions so user 'bob' and 'fred' can add the mail account for the user 'support' ? I have set &quo...

Sum Product Question
Why does =SUMPRODUCT(--(D25:D3000="reds")*(G25:G3000="x"),(M25:M3000)) work but =SUMPRODUCT(--(D25:D3000="reds"),(G25:G3000="x"),(M25:M3000)) doesn't? Try it this way: =3DSUMPRODUCT(--(D25:D3000=3D"reds"),--(G25:G3000=3D"x"),(M25:M3000)) The double unary minus converts the Trues and Falses to 1s and 0 respectively, but in your second example the second term did not have this operation. Hope this helps. Pete On Aug 6, 2:39=A0pm, JimS <jim...@msn.com> wrote: > Why does > > =3DSUMPRODUCT(--(D25:D3000=3D"...

re: error message "NO more new fonts may be applied" ?
I have a large Excel report but I need to add more graphs to it but can't because of the error message. Is there any way to continue? Mark Hi, Jon Peltier has some information on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html Cheers Andy Mark wrote: > I have a large Excel report but I need to add more graphs to it but can't > because of the error message. > Is there any way to continue? > > Mark > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Re: Noobish question about DBGrid and .mdb files
Sorry I forgot - DBGrid controls are for RDO - DataGrid controls are for ADO - in my experience DataGrid controls are better. "Clive Minnican" <clive@mail.com> wrote in message news:... > You need to create an ADO Data Control first... See the doc below taken from > Visual C++ 6 online help (Using ADO Databinding in Visual C++). I started > off using the DBGrid control but I now prefer to populate a CListCtrl > manually from a CRecordset because you get a lot more control. It's not as > hard as it sounds either - just read up on CDatabase and CRecordset and ...

Emails always show attachment icon
Has anyone else had this problem? My virus scan shows a clean slate. Yet whenever I send an email with Outlook, the attachment icon is there. Please help! Are you using v-cards? Also, how are you formatting your messages: html, rich text or plain text? >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone else had this problem? My virus scan shows a >clean slate. Yet whenever I send an email with Outlook, >the attachment icon is there. Please help! >. > ...

items "On order" not showing correctly
We are currently seeing a problem where items on an open PO are not showing on that items "On Order" field. Anybody have any thoughts as to why and how to fix? Thanks Doug Make sure you place the PO to On Order status. mt "PTD Doug" <doug.wiesner@ptdtechnology.com> wrote in message news:1108129755.076361.72210@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We are currently seeing a problem where items on an open PO are not > showing on that items "On Order" field. > > Anybody have any thoughts as to why and how to fix? > > Thanks > Doug > ...

Need web addresses to show black in MS Publisher?
When an website address is typed in Publisher it shows and prints in blue. I need this to show and print in black. I have tried changing the font and font color without success. When this is printed with a black laser printer the print shows grey and I need it to show black throughout. Highlight the address, Insert, Hyperlink, click Remove Hyperlink. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C440C4BE-96A5-4DBC-AB71-423E5CF23438@microsoft.com... > When an website address is typed i...

Unwanted Symbol
I have Microsoft Word 2003. Everytime I open up a new document, an image appears in the upper left hand corner of the page. It looks like a bold, reversed, duoble lined P symbol. According to the SYMBOL Drop Down Menu it says the following: Pilcrow Sign - Character Code: 00B6 - From: Unicode (HEX) - Short Cut Key: ALT+0182. How do I permanently get rid of this symbol. Thanks for your help. It is a paragraph end marker. Click the matching button on the Standard Toolbar or Press CTRL+Shift+8 to toggle the display. If it remains when you do that : Tools > Options > Vie...

Symbol TTF on CRichEditCtrl
Now I encounter a problem that I cannot input some letters of symbol type TTF such like Wingdings on WinXp. [Problem 1] Letters from 0x80(ASCII code) to 0x9F except 0x81, 0x8D, 0x8F, 0x90, 9D cannot be input to CRichEditCtrl object with their correct shape. [Problem 2] I cannot input the letter 0xAD(ASCII code) to CRichEditCtrl object at all. You can confirm above 2 problems on your WordPad. I understand the symbol type of TTF do not have UNICODE for their letters. How can I work around these problems? ...

REPOST!!! 2 quick questions
Hello All, I have two questions. I currently have a 2003 Exchange Server on my network. The first question I have is this. We use a public folder for an e-mail box for a sales e- mail address. Users can go in a check to see if there are any messages thru out the day. I have cleared the "Maintain per user read info" box, but when someone checks the e-mail and reads it, no one else sees it as read. Second question is this. I have a user with Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003. We use public folder calendars for appts. for our executive staff. When this user posts an appt, it is...

RE: How do I: enter a checkmark symbol in a cell by clicking on it
Hello, I would like to have some more details in this regard I have list of employees with employee number as below Name || E.NO || Dept || 400 mt||200 mt|| 100 mt|| 50 mt || A 45 gf B 64 hj C 85 lk i would like to allow the user to tick/clear only on cells below 400 mt|| 200 mt||etc. to a maximum selection (tick) of 3. There should not be any change if the user click on cells under Name/E.NO./Dept. Request your help Regards, Jimmy Joseph How about a double-click?: Enter the following in worksheet code: Private Sub Worksheet_Befo...

Upcoming Bills & Deposits Report doesn't show every transaction
I am trying to generate a report of all expected bills and deposits for the next 3 months. I cannot get the report to show each transaction - that is, if I have a bill that will be due once each month for the next three months, it shows only one occurence of that bill, not three. Any advice on how I can change that and show a grand total of all bills and deposits? I am using Money 2004. Thanks. Did you recently upgrade from M01 or earlier? See http://umpmaq.info/faqdb.php?q=34. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a7f01c4a267$35491650$a...

a question to get the size of current Cursor?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B7_01C3972A.54ADC200 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello,Everyone,I don't know how to get the current Cursor size; I write this code .. ................... HCURSOR hcur = GetCursor(); ICONINFO iconinfo; GetIconInfo(hcur,&iconinfo); CBitmap bitmap,bitmap1; bitmap1.Attach(iconinfo.hbmColor) bitmap.Attach(iconinfo.hbmMask); BITMAP bmp; bitmap.GetBitmap(&bmp); CSize sizeMouseLast(bmp.bmWidth,bmp.bmHeight); ............................. the size ...

Show quarters and years on x axis of a chart
Hi, I have a chart that I want to show both the quarters and years so that I have 1234123412341234 with the corresponding year below each group. At the moment it is just showing 123456789101112. Any ideas of how this could be done Kacee, If you are using Excel 2000 or higher, as an example try setting you data up like this (this example assumes "2000" is in cell A2 and the title "Data" is in cell C1): Data 2000 1 5 2 4 3 5 4 6 2001 1 7 2 6 3 5 4 4 Make sure that the years in column A and the quarters in column B are formatted as text. A further explanati...

Silly questions about reports and comboboxes
Hi all. I know I'll feel really silly when the answer is posted but... I have a report. I tried it two different ways. 1. Based on a query of given tables 2. Based on the tables themselves. (not too much data, no need for anything elaborate) Here's my problem: My tables look up information in a third table to create a dropdown menu. When I run my report, it is showing EVERY item that is available in the dropdown (complete with the scrollbar!!!) How do I make it put in the selection. It's currently highlighted in the dropdown as displayed on the report, but t...

Seizing FSMO Roles Question
We are losing connection to our head office (company splitting up) and want to make sure that our local office IT stays fully functional with the least amount of down time. Head office W2k DC currently holds all FSMO roles, local office has a W2k DC and both office have exchange server. I intend to promote a W2k3 server to DC in the local office and leave it over night to sync. We are loosing access to this local W2k DC hence I'm not seizing the roles to it. The next day I intent to disconnect the WAN link between the offices and then seize the FSMO roles to the newly p...

Why is Layaway font so small?
When I print a layaway receipt, the font is too small to read. When the transaction is a 'Sales Transaction', the font is fine. Both Sales and Layaway transactions are using the same receipt template. Can anyone tell what's wrong here and how to fix?? Thanks in advance for your help!! Each transaction type can have it's receipt properties configured separately, even if they are based on the same template file. Open the properties for the Layawy transaction and make sure the font sizes are the same as for Sales. I think that if you just reassign the template file it...

Font Size of Unbound Object
I've inserted an unbound object (word 2007 doc) into a report in Access 2007. Font size = 12 in Word, but when I print the report, font is tiny and text covers only 1/2 the width of the page. Tried clip, stretch, zoom, to no avail. I get the same result if I link the word file or embed it. What am I doing wrong? ...

Calander Sharing without showing details
Is it possible to share a calander with someone else and only show them the blocked off hours without any details of the appointments? This person also wants to share his calander normally with his assistant. Running Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007. Only if he marks all of the appointments as private. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Excha...

Bitmaps of CBitmapButton not showing
Greetings, I am trying to use CBitmapButton with four bitmaps but it is not working. The button shows up, but not the bitmaps. When I set the control's style to BS_OWNERDRAW as it has been suggested then the bitmaps still don't show..but also what used to be the button now becomes a flat grey area on the screen. CWnd* parent = CWnd::FromHandle(this->m_hWnd); BOOL success = m_BitmapButton.Create(_T("work!"), WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON|BS_OWNERDRAW, CRect(0,0,100,100), parent, IDC_PLAYSECTIONBUTTON); success = m_BitmapButton.LoadBitmaps(IDB_PLAYSECTION...

Cash Flow still shows closed accounts
I had a couple of bills setup up as recurring bills so they showed in my Cash Flow for the date that they were due. I would think that the payments would be removed once the account is paid off and closed. When I look at my Cash Flow it still shows the amount originally listed as being removed for the date that it was scheduled. How can I remove these amount from my Cash flow since the accounts will no longer be used? ...

More combining companies questions
We too have acquired another company and need to look at all of our options concerning what to do with email. We run Exchange 2003, they run Exchange 2000. What is the best way to combine the two so we can share GAL, free-busy info, etc.? No decisions have been made as far as what we are going to do with their AD. We could of course change their MX record to point to our server, update our RUS, etc., but what if we want to keep an Exchange server at their site? What has to be done to join their server to our Exchange org? If you want sync both GAL,pls check this http://www.microso...

I read this in the Plus online manual. Clarification?
Hi all: I read the following in the Plus on-line manual (under the using Money Online section). "Online services are available for two (2) years after activation, or Jan. 31, 2011, whichever is earlier." What does this actually mean? Does Money just stop allowing me to access my banking information (download statememnt and my banking institutions's billpay service) from within Money on this date? If so, what is the reasoning behind this (coersive upgrade path... ??? ). Thanks :-) -Mike In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote: >I read the following in the Plus on-li...