Time Stamping - contacts and last correspondence

I like to always know when a particular entry was made.  So if I have a
new contact, I can have some automatic process whereby when I hit
"SAVE" it will put a date somewhere .

Along those lines -- keeping the information regarding when I sent and
when they sent a message last is important.  but it isn't included in
the DB or .vcf - I have to reload my 2200 contacts from time-to-time
and when I do, that data is lost.  Is there another way to ensure that
I can keep this data?

TIA

Bruce'

Using Office 2008
0
BJ

automatically add email address to contacts when replying mail in outlook 2003 #3
every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? - Thank you Mayur Mayur Patel <patelmb@vt.edu> wrote: > every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak > outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Incoming Messages have wrong time #2
I'm at my wits' end with this. Can someone help? When the clock on my task bar is correct, my incoming email messages arrive with a time stamp of one hour earlier (causing me to think it's been sitting there for an hour if I didn't happen to see it come in) Outgoing messages leave with the correct time stamp. If I go in and click "adjust for daylight savings," the incoming messages have the correct time stamp but ALL of my appointments (past, present, and future) in my calendar are moved forward an hour! I'm serious. A 2:15pm appt suddenly shows as 3:15p...

my first time
my first time in public convertation. sorry for my english. Thanks for your understanding. ...

importing Excel file into Outlook Contacts
I am trying to import an Excel file into Outlook 2002. I did this successfully 1 time but now when I get to the "Import a File" - "The following actions will be performed" dialoge box, I can not change the file to the new file I want to import. The first one I Imported continues to be listed and I can't get rid of it. What should I do??? I experienced the same and the problem was solved when I reboot... You have to reboot... >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import an Excel file into Outlook 2002. I >did this successfully 1 time but now...

Three "Contacts" listed in dropdown list
Using Oulook 2003. When composing a new email and clicking :"TO", Select Names appears with 3 CONTACTS listed - only the 3rd contains my contacts. How do I remove the other 2? When Select Names appears, I get the error message that I have to cancel out of and select the third CONTACT for my list to display. This is the error message: "The address list could not be displayed. Contact folder associated with this address list could not be opened, may have been moved or deleted or you may not have permission". Also I have just created a new profile in order to remove...

Remove the last 5.5 server in the org
Hi I'm trying to remove the last 5.5 server following the KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450 but I cannot connect to the 2003 server using the 5.5 admin program. I get the following error "A Connection could not be made to the Exchange Server" Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEMS I'm at a loss as to how I can now go about removing 5.5 and changing from mixed to native mode Any help greatly appreciated Thanks Marcus Marcus, I have experienced the same error our Exchange 5.5 server, your situation is quite diffre...

Times out of sequence
In Access I can use the DateDiff function to calculate the difference of time between two times and it will also show negative time! in excel I have only been able use if(time1<time2,1+time1-time2,time1-time2). Could I somehow use automation to access that function... ? or is there an easieer way in excel to show negative time! Thanks Hi If you use the 1904 date system, Tools>Options>Calculation>1904 system, then you can display negative times. Be aware that there is a difference of 1432 days between the 2 system's base dates, so do not mix dates in the same workbo...

Tracking Number of Times You Print a Spreadsheet
Does anyone know the VB code (or maybe another method) fro creating a macro or some other function that would record the number of times a worksheet is printed? Basically, I need to know how often a certain spreadsheet is printed for my boss and don't want to have to keep a manual field that I update with the number +1 everytime I print it....can this be automated? So that every time I print the spreadsheet the value in this cell is incremented by one? Please reply to phoenix_crime@yahoo.com if you have a quick and easy solution. I am assuming this requires some minor VB code ...

Entering the same value into two table fields at the same time
Say that there is a table which has 2 fields (A, B) There is a form [Form1] (data entry type) to enter data for A by `TextBoxA`. There is also one more `TextBoxB` which is Not Visible. My target is to record the value of (entered thtough `TextBoxA`) into B field of the table as well. So I write down a code "Before Insert" of the Form1 that: " Form_Form1.TextBoxB = Form_Form1.TextBoxA " It is not recording A values into the field B... Where am I wrong? Can you help me please? Sory !!! When I write down the same code into `OnExit` of TextBoxA, it is working...!! yes, ...

sending previous "contacts" to new "contacts" folder
I've attempted to send my old contact list to 'Windows mail' but have not been successful at this point. What am I doing wrong? Bonnie What do you mean by "send" your old contacts? Where are the old contacts located, on a different computer? If so, which mail program were you = using on the older computer? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Bonnie " <tallhyland@verizon.net> wrote in message = news:O66XmaUbKHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I've att...

Attn Jim Gordon: Requesting assistance with exporting OE 4.5 contacts for use in Entourage
Hi Jim, Paul Berkowitz suggested you might be willing to assist me with a dilemma. I have some old mail and contacts in an OE User(s) folder from OE 4.5 that I need to import into Entourage X. I am on a machine that is not OS9-bootable and I cannot get OE 4.5 to launch under Classic mode in Panther. OE 5 loads fine in Classic, but 4.5 gives a shared library error. I don't have an OE 4.5 installer anywhere I can find, so I can't try a reinstall under Classic. I finally found a way to get the mail into Entourage, after much trial and error with every email program I could find, since ...

Custom Tool bar button on Contacts/Leads/Account Forms Intermittently not working.
Hello CRM gurus, I have a weird issue with a clients web CRM 3 client. I have modified the 'isv.config.xml' and 'isv.confg' files to add a custom button to the contacts/leads/account forms. What seems to be happen, at times (seems to be random) the picture of the button doesn't show up, but the text does and the you cannot click on the button anymore. It only happens to one client PC, as the rest of the client PCs work without any problems. I have run out of ideas as to why this is occurring. Are there any log files that I can look at? Any help on this problem will be g...

Outlook 2003 asks for password two times
Hi All, i am using Outlook 2003 and one IMAP account is configured. everytime i start outlook it asks for the password two times. it really irritates the users. do anyone have any idea of why it is doing that. Thanks Regards akshat wrote: > > i am using Outlook 2003 and one IMAP account is > configured. everytime i start outlook it asks for the > password two times. it really irritates the users. Oh good! Someone else with the same problem. I believe I posted a question, but no reply. Same situation - Outlook 2003, one IMAP account, and it asks me the password twi...

Outlook 2002 contact "group by" box is greyed out.
I had to reconstruct my outlook.pst file and had some issues with not being able to delete messages, so I made a new .pst and copied all the messages over then renamed the files. I copied all my contacts but I like to group my contacts by category but the option to turn this function on in the "Customize current view" dialog is greyed out. How do I turn this back on. It worked before for me. -- ______________________ Jeff Cook Jeff.Coast@verizon.net On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:28:43 GMT, Jeffrey Cook <see.sig@For.Address> wrote: >I had to reconstruct my outlook.pst file and ha...

Deactivate formula after a set time
Is it possible to set formulas to deactivate after a given period o time? I email out a number of spreadsheets that have taken many hours/days t assemble to clients. If they choose to change suppliers (as one recentl did) they can simply use my spreadsheets and change the logos and th new supplier gets all the benefits without the pain! The value of the spreadsheets (the useful life of the data) is only few days so it would be useful if the formulas stopped working afte maybe a month. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated Ton -- y_no ------------------------------------------------...

Activate "Contacts" field within a Contact
I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact field in 2003. I just found the Contacts field in 2007 but I cannot edit this field. How do I activate the field. Is there a way to show this field when you open a contact? You need to add the field to that view: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Show Contact Linking... -- Russ Valentine "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C565B904-9DEB-4F29-AED4-716F2CB253EE@microsoft.com... >I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact fi...

How can I trasnfer my contacts from Palm to outlook?
I have my schedule in Palm and I want to transfer everything to Outlook is it possible? Mirta Ortiz Ortega <Mirta Ortiz Ortega@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my schedule in Palm and I want to transfer everything to > Outlook is it possible? With the sync tool that came with your Palm it should be. -- Brian Tillman ...

Fill Down to Last Value
I have 2 spreadsheets (Sheet 1 and Sheet 2). Sheet 1 has one header row and sheet 2 has 2 header rows. I am using the following to count the number of rows in Sheet 1 and copy a formula to every row in Sheet 2 based on the count from Sheet 1. With Worksheets("Sheet1") lStop = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row End With Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("3:" & lStop + 1).FillDown The formula is perfect except when I only have one entry in Sheet 1. In this case the formula copies the second header row in Sheet 2 instead...

Changing Budget Time Period from 24th of a month to th 24th of the
I would like to make my budget time period from the 24th of June to the 23th of July instead of the 1st of July to the 31st of July (which Microsoft Money std additional) defaults to. How do I do this? Sorry not possible. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Tabby"...

Comment with date stamp, again
Here's a step-by-step: 1. Copy code below: Sub CommentDateTimeAdd() Dim strDate As String Dim cmt As Comment strDate = "ddd, mm-dd-yy h:mm AM/PM" Set cmt = ActiveCell.Comment Set cmt = ActiveCell.AddComment cmt.Text Text:=Format(Now, strDate) & Chr(10) _ & "NOTE:" End Sub 2. Open a new workbook 3. Click on "View Code" from any sheet 4. On the Visual Basic window click "Insert>Module" 5. Paste code into Module1 6. Return to sheet 7. Click "Tools>Customize" and a window pops up 8. Select "Inse...

Contacts Folder Problem
Outlook version: 2003 When in a Distribution List, I click on [Select Members] and get this MS Office Outlook message: The list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address could not be opened; It may have been moved or delected, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Outlook Office Outlook Help. [OK] I would appreciate advice on how to fix. -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com Reset the connection between the Outlook Address Book and your Contact Folder. Go to Tools | E-mail account...

csv
Hi, Using Excel 2000, SP3 Situation: Trying to do a SaveAs from XLS to CSV The last column has some cells containing data, but the majority of the cells are blank Issue: It looks like Excel is not adding the last comma for the majority of the blank cells (it does it for a few of them), when the file is saved to CSV Is there a patch to fix this bug? The closest KB article i could find matching this problem was #259208. thanks, ap You can fake the extra comma at the end with the Text Write Program by specifying comma, CR, LF for the record delimiter. Try 44, 13, 10. 44 is the code ...

last saved by on footer
How do I put whoever saved last on the footer or better yet whomever is using the file and prints it. Hi Ismael, Do you mean the network user's name or the Excel user name. If the latter, then put this code in the ThisWorkbook code module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = Application.UserName End Sub If it's the former, it's a bit more complicated, but not too much Private Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" _ Alias "GetUserNameA" _ (ByVal lpBuffer As String, _ nSize As Long)...

Emailing to Contact Categories
Can you email to a specific categories nominated in contacts without creating a distribution list. Eg. If you have 200 contacts in total and 100 are nominated "supplier" in the category field can you do a group email without creating a distribution list. Yes, sort your contacts folder by category, then drag the category you want to send mail to your in-box. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After...

Merging Columns
I need to assign usernames to thousands of users in a spreadsheet. I have first name and last name in seperate columns. I'd like the username to be an initial for the first name and the full last name and have the username be completely in lowercase (see below). Column A (first name) = John Column B (last name) = Doe Column C (username) = jdoe Is there a formula that could be written that would allow me to do the above? I haven't been able to find anything in the Excel help files or on the Web. Appreciate any assistance... -- bittersweet -----------------------------------------...