Task reminders set for a time/date AFTER due date

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

Hi - <br>
As a default, whenever I create a new task, the &quot;reminder&quot; is one day AFTER the event's default &quot;due date&quot;.  <br>
i.e.,  <br>
Start Date: Mar 1 2010 <br>
Due Date: Mar 1 2010 <br>
Reminder Date: Mar 2 2010 (Herein is the problem!) <br><br>When I manually update the event's due date (i.e. Mar 1 --> Mar 15), the Reminder date automatically changes (i.e. Mar 2 --> Mar 16). How can I fix Entourage so that the reminder date is BEFORE not AFTER the event's default due date?
0
hmilne

On 3/1/10 12:28 AM, hmilne@officeformac.com wrote:

> When I manually update the event's due date (i.e. Mar 1 --> Mar 15),
> the Reminder date automatically changes (i.e. Mar 2 --> Mar 16). How
> can I fix Entourage so that the reminder date is BEFORE not AFTER the
> event's default due date?

I don't think you can. Sometimes Entourage just ain't smart.

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William

automatically add date to email #2
Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs the date from the computer system. Thanks, ddlaz The header/properties of the msg will have both date and time appended, or are you saying you want to add the date to the body of your msg? "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:5uudnfiurtYf9PzfRVn-sw@comcast.com... > Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs the > date from the computer system. > Thanks, ddlaz > > Will setting the date in the header allow the date to automatically display eac...

change date in a sql statement from a cell
Hello, I am using Excel 2007 I have a pivot table that gets refresh everyday. The data from the pivot table is based on a sql statement, which the data is connected to a AS/400 table. Here is my problem every morning I go in the connection properties and change the SQLstatement (date) in the command text. I don't want my user to do this. What other option can I do? I was thinking change the date in a cell (A1) and somehow the SQL statement picks up the new date or maybe some sort of parameter, but I am clueless in how to do this. Any tips or website to visit I will a...

sales line item workflow and process holds and requested ship date
It would be nice if we could set up workflow tracking per line item as well as assign process holds per line item in Sales Trx Entry. It would also be nice to have the abilility to fulfill all items on an order through a specified requested ship date and leave items with future requested ship dates unfulfilled. Then to be able to transfer and ship items that have been fulfilled without having to fulfill those with future requested ship dates. Right now I have to backorder those items that have future requested ship dates just so I can transfer and fulfill the other items on the order...

setting timeout in XML controls
Is there a way to set a timeout in either MSXML or in .NET's XML classes? --Buddy Hi, If you're using MSXML4.0 take a look at the ServerXMLHTTP: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/xml_mth_sz_0cj7.asp Regards, Ion Vasilian -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. "Buddy Ackerman" <buddy@buddyackerman.com> wrote in message news:uHqaoAkmDHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Time Convert
Hello, I have a database that I have been querying from my visual basic 6 program to take my access DB and convert it to excel. I use a multitude of SQL queries to get it to the format I desire, but i have a time column that has both the date and time within them. When I open the excel sheet, I only get the date displayed but the time is there I just have to reformat the column. Is there a way to query my Access database in such a way I only have the time and therefore wont see the date? Basically without knowing exactly what Im typing i have something as follows (which obviously doesnt wo...

Making reminder alarm ring?
Am using Outlook 2003, with SP1. I can set reminders to make an alarm sound (like a harp), when a reminder comes due (it's in Tools > Options > Other > Advanced > Reminder Options > [X]Play sound). But Outlook has to be up and running, else no alarm sound. Is there a way to set Outlook to be sort of in the background (not just minimized, but really in the background) enough that when a reminder comes due, the alarm will sound, and either the reminder window pops up or an icon appears in bottom-right task bar? (Seems like there IS a way for it to check *e-mails* in t...

Adding times
I am using Excel 97 I have a column that has a list of time in hours and minutes, 34:12 (thirty foru hours and 12 minutes). How can I add these and also do an average. I would like to be be able, forsinstance to add 12:34 plus 23:52 minutes and get 36:26. HELP Also need to average this as well. Linda Linda just add the cells and format the result as Custom [hh]:mm Regards Trevor "Linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ff01c3fa5d$0da474d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Excel 97 > I have a column that has a list of time in hours a...

Highlight Task in Red
Hi, I was wondering how to highlight a task in RED once the estimated time has been exceeded? Example: Task-A was supposed to take 5 days (40 hours). Now it has been 75 hours. I would like that task to be highlighted in RED to tell me that we have gone over the intial estimated hours. Thanks -JP Save a baseline. Set a Flag1 with a formua iif( [actual Work]>[baseline Work],yes,no) On the format menu, select Bar Styles Set a format where the the "Show For" criteria is Flag1 This changes the color of the gantt bar according to your formua for Flag1 -- ...

Set One Field based On Another Field
I think I have a pretty simple request. I am looking for some script to put on an on exit field. Here is what I need it to do: When a value is put in say $550, if this is greater than a specified limit in the code I need it to set Field2 to Yes. So if field1 > 500 set field2 = yes Real world example: I have a dollar amount of credit to give to a customer, I want to auto populate the approval required field with a yes. Your help is appreciated. Brent, Try: IIf([Field1]>500,[Field2]="Yes") However if the field is a Bit data type then IIf([Field1]&...

Calculating Time Difference
Hi, Searched previous postings but can't find an answer to my problem - hope someone can help. I have two columns both in hh:mm format; first shows a start time and second shows a stop time. I want a third column to show the difference in hours and minutes between the two times - if I can't have this I will accept difference in minutes only between the two times. Best I have come up with is the calculation =ABS(a2-a1) and custom format the cell to show minutes only; [mm]. There seems to be a problem with this - the calculation does not always return the expected time differe...

Text Field Validation Rule for Date
Hi, I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text field (I do not want to change it due to specific requirements)- however, I'd like to set up a validation rule to determine whether or not it is a valid date: mm/dd/yyyy. What should I input in the validation rule? Thanks I do not think it is possible at table level but in your data entry form us AfterUpdate event and IsDate function. -- Build a little, test a little. "shm135" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text > fiel...

Calculating Dates, PlEASE HELP! THANKS!
Ok, If I want to calculate the difference of a date with the following date in Access: so 3/29/08 in cell A1 and 5/3/08 in cell A2 and return the value in B1 of 35. How do I do this? Thanks! In Excell the formula looks like this: =IF(+A1-A2>0,A1-A2,0) Is this an Access question? If so, then post you table and field names with datatype, sample data, and what you want the results to look like. -- Build a little, test a little. "kritter0021" wrote: > Ok, If I want to calculate the difference of a date with the following date > in Access: ...

need some help with: formatting of x2 dates in 1 cell
Hi and thanks to anyone who reads this. I have a worksheet which contains two columns of dates. In a second worksheet i have a column which adds the two dates together as TEXT and ommits dates which are blank which works perfectly, however: I would like to know how i could format each of the 2 dates in the 1 cell to have different font colors? Here is my existing cell formula: =IF('Data'!E2=0,"",(TEXT('Data'!E2,"dd/mm/yy"))&" "&IF('Data'!F2=0,"",TEXT('Data'!F2,"dd/mm/yy"))) I have a feeling its not...

Set recipent address to smtp instead of Exchange/x400 ?
Is there a settting that I can change to set the recipient or to address to always show as an smtp address instead of the Exchange/X400 address? what version of Exchange? smtp is the default protocol for Exchange 2000/2003... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jibril Esa" <jesa@conarc.com> wrote in message news:#lwYvtijGHA.3440@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a settting that I can change to set the recipient or to address > to always show as an smtp address instead of the Exchange/X400 address? > > In exchange 2003 environment or exchange 2000. when I pull t...

Set up sending same message everyday
I need help on how to set my outlook to send a message to the same group everyday Thanks DK ...

Text with Dates
in cell A1 i have some text. in cell B1 i have a date. how do I get Excel to display both the text and the date. I've tried: Dim olDate As Range Dim olText As Range Set olDate = Sheet1.Cells.Item(1,"A") Set olText = Sheet1.Cells.Item(1,"B") ..Subject= olText +" - " + olDate I was hoping to get something like "text - 6/9/05" in the subject bar, but everytime I do this i get a run time error. i've tried replacing the date with text and it works just fine, and i've also tried just the date cell and it works fine. the problem comes up when i...

MF_GRAYED for menu items (run time)
HI. I would like to enable and able some of my menu items in run time. Here is the code I have been writing, but it seems not to work, as nothing is gonna happen: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CTestGLApp, CWinApp) //... ON_COMMAND(ID_REMOVE, OnRemoveData) //... END_MESSAGE_MAP() void CTestGLApp::OnRemoveData () { CSelectDlg SelectDlg; SelectDlg.DoModal(); MyGlobDat.erase(MyGlobDat.begin() + SelectDlg.GetIndex()); if(!MyGlobDat.size()) { CWnd *wind; wind = AfxGetMainWnd(); CMenu *menu = wind->GetMenu(); menu->EnableMenuItem(ID_REMOVE,MF_GRAYED); } } Thanks a lot for your help! ...

Only one user at a time can access OWA
Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at any one time. As soon as the first user logs out the next can then log on, but in a organisation of 1300 - bit of a problem. Previously we did have things working fine with Exchange 5.5 on WinNT but a hacking attack put paid to that system! Have run through MS trouble shooting but found no mention of this problem anywhere else. Any suggestions welcomed Regards Mike Cameron cameronm@queensbury.beds.sch.uk (Mike Cameron) wrote: >Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at >any one time. As...

Problem with date in user form
Hello, I create user form for database that contain dates in one column. But when I fill user form it copy the date in the database column like text and the formulas related to this cells dosen't work.The cells in the column are formated like dates. How to solve this problem? Ivo Ivo, Use DateValue to convert the text to a date, like: DataBaseCell.Value = DateValue(me.TextBox1.Text) HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Ivo_69" <Ivo_69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA7115AD-3107-4151-AF21-1089D3C30AF3@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I create user form f...

Date Format Changed when convert to Excel
Dear All, there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/" sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem please help to reslove the issue. On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:27:06 -0700, Ather <sohail.ather@paktel.com> wrote: >Dear All, > >there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then >date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/" >sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem >pl...

Print 12/1/1 in cell (Excel changes it to date or another #
While trying to formulate a magazine order list, Excel changes the number of magazines needed (12/1/1) to a number other than that typed into the cell. What I need is the number 12 (for English), 1 (for MP3) and 1 (for Finnish) in this particular cell. How do I get it to print the actual numbers? try putting a ' infront of the numbers "Say Goodnight, Gracie" wrote: > While trying to formulate a magazine order list, Excel changes the number of > magazines needed (12/1/1) to a number other than that typed into the cell. > What I need is the number 12 (for Engli...

date #5
Hi Peeps Many thanks in advance for any help/ advice that you can give me I am trying to construct a simple database in Excel to track sales and payments made Is there a way to use conditional formatting/or any other tool to highlight payment due not yet received by referecing it to the date on my computer i.e the date on my computer is 6th June 2004, payment was due 30th May 2004, I would like the cell that has the due date to be highlighted Best Regards Yinka Yinka Format>Conditional Formatting>Cell Value is: less than =TODAY() Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 14:51:02 ...

subtract date in access to get age
I have forgotton how to subtract 2 dates in acces to get the age, has anyont got a quickie for this?? cheers See Chip Pearson's DATEDIF page. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:39:02 -0700, ian <ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have forgotton how to subtract 2 dates in acces to get the age, has anyont >got a quickie for this?? > >cheers Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote ... > > I have forgotton how to subtract 2 dates in acces to get the age > > > See Chip Pearson's DATED...

Account Activity Blackout Dates
Hi, My group is using CRM, and we need the ability to add blackout dates to our accounts. That is, we need to be able to prohibit certain accounts from being scheduled for an activity during particular time periods. Does CRM have any built-in functionality that allows for this? Thank you! -Dave- Afraid not. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 2 Feb 2005 11:20:27 -0800, "Dave" <renor321@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi, My group is using CRM, and we need the ability to add blackout dates to our accounts...

report by date 02-19-08
->Hi, ->My project is in MS Access 2002. ->In that I have one form which I am using to generate report by date. ->In that form I have two three fields StartDate,EndDate,ItemNo all are of type [B]Text[/B]. ->Now when I select StartDate and EndDate both of same Year then its working properly. ->But if I select StartDate from Previous Year and Today's Date as EndDate then it will simply show results of current year and only of StartDate. ->Means if i enter StartDate=1/1/2007 and EndDate=02/19/2008 then it will show all results of current year(1/1/2008-02/19/2008) and resu...