Sync problem - all Exchange info deleted but have local backup. Can I restore with that?

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

1. Can I restore from an Entourage database? <br>
2. Can I restore from an Outlook .pst? <br>
3. Does anyone know the cause of these sync-related deletions and how I can make sure I don't do it again? <br><br>Many thanks!
0
alexjohnson

Actually apparently it's a .ost on the PC.
0
alexjohnson
1/18/2010 9:38:02 AM
1. Can I restore from an Entourage database? <br>
2. Does anyone know the cause of these sync-related deletions and how I can make sure I don't do it again? <br><br>It seems to happen when I move the database. I don't know how as I often rebuild the database, and have restored it several times from Time Machine. But something in moving an Entourage Database seems to have the potential to cause all Exchange data to be lost. Does this happen to anyone else?  <br><br>I am also wondering how to prevent it. On my iPhone, I can just turn off the Exchange account (which I often do when travelling). If I need to move my Outlook database in future (to a new Mac for example) would I be wise to remove the Exchange account first, transfer the database, and then load the Exchange account and resync? It seems I would.
0
alexjohnson

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

can't customize toolbar

How to restore entire server?

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Exchange 2007 across account search

Can anyone help ?

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

Border problems

DNS Error on Exchange