sync outlook and entourage tasks 02-15-10

Is it possible to sync tasks from outlook into tasks in entourage. I
have an exchange account and want tasks to show up in outlook at work
and then also in entourage on my mac... Is this possible?
Thanks
0
Caroline

----------------4494484481194985000

On 2010-02-15 15:40:58 -0500, Caroline said:

> Is it possible to sync tasks from outlook into tasks in entourage. I
> have an exchange account and want tasks to show up in outlook at work
> and then also in entourage on my mac... Is this possible?
> Thanks

Diane just answered a similar question a few hours ago:

> Entourage for EWS: Notes and Tasks don't sync?
>
> <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2010/01/entourage_for_ews_notes_and_tasks_do
> nt_sync.html>
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/y898czp>
>
> BTW, you should upgrade for free to EWS if your server meets the
> requirements.
>
> Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition has launched
>
> <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/08/entourage_web_services.html>

Corentin
--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
----------------4494484481194985000

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<head>
<title></title>
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 15.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'}
p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 15.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'; min-height: 15.0px}
p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 12.0px; line-height: 15.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'; color: #260093}
p.p4 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'}
p.p5 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'; min-height: 15.0px}
p.p6 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 12.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'; color: #260093; min-height: 15.0px}
p.p7 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 12.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'; color: #260093}
p.p8 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 12.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'; color: #009900}
p.p9 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'; color: #929292}
span.s1 {color: #260093}
span.s2 {text-decoration: underline ; color: #009900}
</head>
----------------4494484481194985000--

0
iso
2/15/2010 8:54:40 PM

Caroline wrote:
> Is it possible to sync tasks from outlook into tasks in entourage. I
> have an exchange account and want tasks to show up in outlook at work
> and then also in entourage on my mac... Is this possible?
> Thanks

Its not possible to sync the two directly. If you use a handheld you
could use that to accomplish what you want. I don't need to do this
anymore but I used to sync my Palm with both Outlook and Entourage.
Everything was in sync.

I could have used my BlackBerry to accomplish the same thing when I
had that or I could use my current iPhone to accomplish this.

Just a thought.
0
Kerry
2/16/2010 5:36:40 PM
On 2/16/10 9:36 AM, Kerry wrote:

> Caroline wrote:
>> Is it possible to sync tasks from outlook into tasks in entourage. I
>> have an exchange account and want tasks to show up in outlook at work
>> and then also in entourage on my mac... Is this possible?
>> Thanks
>
> Its not possible to sync the two directly. If you use a handheld you
> could use that to accomplish what you want. I don't need to do this
> anymore but I used to sync my Palm with both Outlook and Entourage.
> Everything was in sync.
>
> I could have used my BlackBerry to accomplish the same thing when I
> had that or I could use my current iPhone to accomplish this.

It is possible when using Exchange Server 2007 and Entourage Web
Services Edition, however, this is the only method that Entourage
supports without using a third-party application.

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William

Stationaries in Outlook
Does anyone know how to create templates in Outlook??? Like a newsticker you want to fill with different information every week. Thanks!!! (this used to be very simple in Lotus Notes..) Hi, It seems that there are many ways to create templates in Outlook. The simplest one, in my view : 1. Create a message, in any format you like (plain text, RTF, HTML), add all elements you like 2. Save it as an OFT file 3. Go in the file explorer, drag the file and drop it on your Outlook bar 4. Every time you click on this shortcut in the Outlook bar, it creates an instance of the template. Frederic &q...

Outlook 2003 News

Delegate can see my private items doesn't work in Outlook 2007 SP2
Hi, We experienced the above problem on two Outlook 2007 SP2 client with manager and delegates permissions. On the manager side, we give delegate permissions and editor rights to all the 6 folders plus delegate can see my private items permissions. On the delegate side, we have added the manager as the additional / secondary mailbox. When the manager creates an private appointment, the delegate could not see the details of it (double click function is disabled). Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks. ...

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

PWA My Tasks: how to change task bar in Gantt Chart
I need to change the bar in the My Tasks Gantt Chart of Project Web Access (version 2003). The problem is that "splitted" tasks aren't show as a dotted line. The tasks is a complete bar thats give a wrong impression of duration. The My Task view shows the following: Task A |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Task B |||| Task C |||||||||| Thats a problem. In MS Project the Gantt Chart shows this: Task A ||||||||||||| ..............||||||||||||| Task B ...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Attachments in Outlook 98
Hi there, my Organisation are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 and the client is Outlook 98. A mail is sent from an external source into our Organisation to 10 people. The mail has an XLS attached. For some reason 9 of the recipients get the attachment but the last one has no attachment and no reference to it in the mail she receives. I've checked all the Outlook settings I can think of, but am puzzled as to why this happens - checking the imc data from our Exchange I see that the correct RFC headers are present and that the user has the same reference as all the others in the header. Anyone any ide...

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Error in Outlook Today

outlook 2k2 problem

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Multiple Simultaneous Outlook Sessions

Viewing Active Tasks in the Outlook Today View
I really like the Outlook Today view, as it lists upcoming appointments, emails, tasks, etc. However, I can not get it to show my active tasks that have started but are due at a later time (not today). Outlook today will show my active tasks that are due today, but it just won't show tasks that, for example, are due tomorrow. This is bothersome because I want it to show all active tasks, and not just ones that are due today. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated! There are a couple of options associated with Task showing and sorting, have you checked via the customize...

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

GP 10 AP Reconciliation Statement
Hi All, I have one query about the reconcile feature that is available in GP 10 to reconcile the AP and AR to GL. It has come to my notice when i take a recon statement for AP it does not match with the AP historical aged trail balance after taking into consideration the unmatched and potentially matched transactions. I have taken the AP smartlist for the given period and compared it with the transaction being displayed in the recon statement. What has come to my notice is the recon statement is not taking few transaction like invoice or payment for some reason. I faced this issue with almo...

PDA-Outlook 2003

Outlook Client #3