Size of inserts into HTML message

--B_3346931267_116531

OS 10.6.2
Entourage 12.2.3

I found this information regarding inserting objects into an HTML message.

Insert a picture, sound, or movie into a message
When you insert a picture, sound, or movie into an e-mail message, the media
that you attach is part of the message, not an attachment. If your recipient
has an e-mail application that supports media in HTML messages, pictures are
displayed in the body of the message, and sounds and movies can be played
from within the message.
You can only insert a picture, sound, or movie into an HTML message.
In a message, place the cursor where you want to add a picture, sound, or
movie.
On the Message menu, point to Insert, and then click the option that you
want.
If the Insert menu item is disabled, on the Format menu, click HTML.
Locate the media file, select it, and then click Choose.
Notes
When you insert a multimedia element into a message, it's a good idea to
make sure that the file that you are inserting can be viewed or played back
by most e-mail or multimedia applications. The list of supported media types
varies across applications, but the following file types can be viewed or
played on nearly all computers: .jpeg, .gif, and .png for images; .mp3 for
sound; and .mpeg for movies.
You can also add pictures, sounds, and movies to notes.

This sounds easy enough but it didn�t work for me.

My problem was trying to insert a 4MB .jpg into a message.
Was it a size issue that prevented it from inserting into the message?

Once the .jpg was reduced it inserted perfectly.
What are the size requirements for this procedure?
They are not mentioned in the above instructions.

Thanks

--B_3346931267_116531

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Size of inserts into HTML message</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Century Schoolbook"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:14pt'>OS 10.6.2<BR>
Entourage 12.2.3<BR>
<BR>
I found this information regarding inserting objects into an HTML message.<=

<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#093399"><FONT FACE=3D"Trebuchet MS"><SPAN STYLE=3D'=
font-size:14.5pt'>Insert a picture, sound, or movie into a message<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"0"><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SPAN STYLE=3D=
'font-size:9pt'>When you insert a picture, sound, or movie into an e-mail me=
ssage, the media that you attach is part of the message, not an attachment. =
If your recipient has an e-mail application that supports media in HTML mess=
ages, pictures are displayed in the body of the message, and sounds and movi=
es can be played from within the message.<BR>
You can only insert a picture, sound, or movie into an H<FONT COLOR=3D"#09339=
9">TML message.<BR>
</FONT>In a message, place the cursor where you want to add a picture, soun=
d, or movie.<BR>
On the Message m<B>enu, po</B>int to Insert, a<B>nd the</B>n click the opti=
on that you want.<BR>
If the Insert me<B>nu ite</B>m is disabled, on the Format me<B>nu, cl</B>ic=
k HTML.<BR>
Loc<B>ate </B>the media file, select it, and then click Choose.<BR>
Notes<B> <BR>
When</B> y<FONT COLOR=3D"#329999"><B>ou ins</B></FONT>ert a multimedia elemen=
t into a message, it's a good idea to make sure that the file that you are i=
nserting can be viewed or played back by most e-mail or multimedia applicati=
ons. The list of supported media types varies across applications, but the f=
ollowing file types can be viewed or played on nearly all computers: .jpeg, =
..gif, and .png for images; .mp3 for sound; and .mpeg for movies.<BR>
You can also add pictures, sounds, and movies to notes.<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Century Schoolbook"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size=
:14pt'>This sounds easy enough but it didn&#8217;t work for me.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"0"><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-s=
ize:9pt'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Century Schoolbook"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size=
:14pt'>My problem was trying to insert a 4MB .jpg into a message.<BR>
Was it a size issue that prevented it from inserting into the message?<BR>
<BR>
Once the .jpg was reduced it inserted perfectly. <BR>
What are the size requirements for this procedure?<BR>
They are not mentioned in the above instructions.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3346931267_116531--

0
Roger

On 2010-01-21 16:07:46 -0500, Roger Schlemmer said:

> What are the size requirements for this procedure?

 I don't think Entourage itself has any size restriction. It usually is
set on the SMTP server you are using to send the e-mail,

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso
1/21/2010 9:58:02 PM
On 1/21/10 1:07 PM, in article C77E1E42.16E2%r.schlemmernospam@comcast.net,
"Roger Schlemmer" <r.schlemmernospam@comcast.net> wrote:

> My problem was trying to insert a 4MB .jpg into a message.

Entourage 2008 will not show jpgs on the message if they are over 400kb.

Other formats do not have this restriction.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane

How to avoid excel warning message
Hi, When calling excel file from Ms-Access it display security warning. How to programmatically supress this warning? On Oct 25, 2:35 am, Sivanand <Sivan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > When calling excel file from Ms-Access it display security warning. How to > programmatically supress this warning? If you are using a command button with a hyperlink to access your excel file, instead why not try the FollowHyperlink method by using the command button's on click event: Private Sub cmdHyperlink_Click() Application.FollowHyperlink "Hyperlink Address&quo...

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Internal / External Message Size Limits
I am trying to limit message sizes within my organization. I originally set the limit at the global settings, but soon realized that it blocked large external emails as well (which is undesirable). Is it possible to set a lower internal restriction (such as at one of the server's smtp levels) and a higher global restriction? Or am I stuck setting individual limits through AD users/computers? -- Nerd Pretty much stuck with the latter. Even with global limits, the lower of the 2 limits prevails. Check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298572/EN-US/ -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www....

attachments in inbound messages do not decode #2
I have a problem with an exchange 5.5 server (on NT 4 box). All of a sudden message attachments from a specific outside domain do not decode. See below the attachment just shows up has junk. How do you fix this? Other interesting thing if I forward (either internal or external) the message to anyone the attachment works fine. I have searched but haven't found any pertinent ports. Paul ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > -----Original Message----- > From: Nolan, Pati > Sent: Friday, November 11...

Messages stuck in Queue with status Active and eventually fail.
I have an exchange 2000 server with SP3. The scenario is this; Everything has been functioning great except emailing to AOL, so I setup a smart host to use our ISP's smtp server. Well, they are getting flagged as open relay and the mail is rejected. So I had them setup a reverse dns lookup for our IP so I could send mail directly. I found a site that allows me to check RBL's and we came up good on about 25 of them, so we aren't black listed. Now we can email aol users without any problems, but all of a sudden, I can't get the server to deliver mail to other exchang...

Message Stuck in Outbox to Only One Particular Email Address
Hi: I have Outlook 2007 and have been using it for about 2 months or so. I have encountered a problem with sending emails. I have sent emails to a particular email address (WinTips-Tricks@yahoogroups.com ) and the emails get stuck in the outbox. The CPU usage is very high (about 76%) and the taskbar icon flashes furiously. If I look in the outbox, the email is also doing a staccato flash. At the bottom of Outlook the send says complete, yet the flashing taskbar icon, and flashing email in the outbox remain. After awhile (about 2-3 minutes) this stops, but the email remains in the outbox....

How to leave a copy of messages on server using Outlook 2000 and 2002
I am using Outlook 2000 with our company exchange server, how do I setup outlook so it leaves a copy of messages on the server so I can use multiple computers to access email. I have spent an hour but can't the setting to do this. thx Rajesh By default, when you set up Outlook to connect to an Exchange mailbox, it opens the full mailbox (MAPI connection) - doesn't download mail (POP connection). So unless you are using POP mail, or a PST file for delivery, your mail should stay in the Exchange mailbox (which is the best place) and you can access it from multiple computers. Proba...

Help: message "Requesting data from Exchange Server"
Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange 2000. Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? "Kenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up >message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we >try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange >2000. > >Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? Depends to a greater or lesser extent ...

CDO eMail messages not working from FoxPro since installing KB8929
We installed the Exchange 2000 Update (KB892986) and since then our code that creates CDO eMails errors out with the following message: "OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from CDO.Message.1: The transport lost its connection to the server." We are planning to reverse thes updates over the weekend. Does anyone know a better way around this? ...

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

Private Strore Size
Hi, My users got the private store up to 14 gig, on standard edition, and I then set the warnings up, and had the users create PST for all of the email that they can not live without. Some of the email boxex were 1 to 1.5 gig in size. I had them move the email from their exchange mailboxes to the PST, and verified in system manager that sizes are down to a few hundred meg per mailbox. However, the size of the priv1.edb has not changed. I set the retention policy to 0 days, which I will later increase back to a few weeks. Do I need to compact the database? I ran defrag on it and got...

Script for mail store size
Hello: I'm trying to find a better way to get a report on white space. I'm familiar with getting the info from event 1221, however it takes some text parsing and extra code to try to get all the info in a nice report. From what I found, there is no other way to get whitespace via built-in methods, so here's what I'm thinking of doing: 1.) Get the mail store size. 2.) Get the priv.edb file size. 3.) Convert the sizes to GB and then calculate "priv.edb size" - "mail store size" to get the amount of white space in GB. By doing it this way,...

attachment/email size limits
This is somewhat of a poll for the admins out there. In general, for those who admin exchange servers with multiple clients, (and or sites). Do you limit email size or attachment sizes? And if so, what is your limit set to? (I'm not refering to inbox or account size limits, I'm referring to the size of individual emails). Currently our company has no limit on what can be sent or received. Although most of our outside recipients that we email with on a regular basis do have limits. Most range from the 3 to 5 meg range. 40MB for incoming, 15MB for outgoing. Jayjay wrote: ...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

Outlook message bodies Blank
When I open my email in outlook the body is empty. I seem to remember somethig about my AVG doing something. Any Ideas how to fix this? Thanks Disable the email scanning feature in your anti-virus software. (For example, in AVG, uncheck certify under the email scanning settings.) You'll still be protected by its other features and by Outlook's own security, and new messages shouldn't lose their bodies. Messages you've already received, though, can't be repaired. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://w...

'developer reference' help window font size...
hi all... I have excel 2007 and changed my screen resolution to (bigger) to view the help files. unfortunately with the ‘search scope’ set to ‘developer reference’ the font is tiny but with the other ‘search scopes’ the font is bigger than before. I have changed the ‘font size’ button in the help window to ‘largest’ but the font is still tiny. all help greatly appreciated and I thank all so much for your time and advice in advance. many many thanks. Paul. ...

'Signature for new messages' which won't work
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 and if I go to Tools>Options>Mail Format I see I can choose a signature for new messages. I have 3 e-mail accounts set up, and have set a new message signature for each one, e.g.: 1) Home > Sig 1 (default) 2) Work > Sig 2 3) Play > Sig 3 However when I try to create a new e-mail message, it seems impossible to automatically start a new e-mail using my Work or Play accounts, and therefore have the signature automatically entered. So what is the point of this feature if there is no way to use it? I'm sure I'm missing so...

Not able to view activities
Hi, I have a MS CRM 3.0 VPC running. I have allocated 1GB memory as recommended. However, whenever I try opening Activities(any entity for that matter), it is throwing an error dialog "An error has occured. For more information, contact you system administrator." I checked the event viewer, but there is no information about any error/exception. I searched for the CRM log, but couldn't locate it. Pls help me fix this issue. Thanks and Regards, Mahalax. ...

insert logo using AUTOCORRECT
Have been trying to insert my company's logo using AUTOCORRECT. It works like a charm in WORD. It doens't work in Excel. ex. when I type "lg" these characters should be replaced by my company's logo. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel? -- digicat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497273 ...

DVD Insert
I have been asked by a friend to design an insert for a DVD he is making. The only templates I've been able to find are the ones that are actually for CD jewel cases. He is going to be using the DVD cases like you see in the stores when you buy a movie, which is much larger and the insert goes into the plastic sleeve. It's about 10-1/2" X 7-1/4". I checked the Microsoft site, but they had nada. Does anyone have a place where I could get a template for this project, or any idea of the best way to set this up? I've done CD inserts, but never a DVD before. Thanks....

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

text size in reading pane
Where is the font selection / text size control for the Outlook 2003 reading pane (incoming emails)? I just bought a brand new dell with windows xp and all and I can't even increase the text size of incoming emails as I could with older versions of Outlook Express. I have been trying to figure this out for around 15 hours now and have come up empty. What kind of progress is this anyway???? A program rendered unable to accomplish such a simple practical thing like that!! Im very upset. My vision is poor. Unless I get an answer soon, I am considering a return of this unit to dell...

priv1.edb has suddenly grown double size?
Hello, hope you can help. Yesterday our exchange 2003 suddenly broke down. I looked in the eventviewer and it told that the database has reached its maximum size 16Gb. This couldn't be true? I have 70 users and their maximum mailbox size are 150Mb each. This could maximum be 10,5Gb. I ofte check the database size and recently it was 7Gb. But - yes the priv1.edb was 15Gb and there was 1800 .log files, which together was 10Gb. WHAT has gone wrong? I called MS tech support, and they advised me to apply Exchange SP2. I did and then it was possible to mount the IS again. Thats great...

Client Size
Hello folks. When called from CDialogBar::OnCreate(), GetClientRect() is not returning the size of the CDialogBar as it would when called from CDialogBar::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) with pDC->GetClipBox(); Why and how to get the full width and height of the CDialogBar upon creation ? The CDialogBar is actually a class I inherited from CDialogBar. In its OnCreate() I'm attempting to create a CTabCtrl which takes the whole width of the bar, but it doesn't work because of the wrong RECT size. The code looks like this: afx_msg int Toolbar::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCs) { if(-1 == TOOLBA...