Size of inserts into HTML message

--B_3346931267_116531

OS 10.6.2
Entourage 12.2.3

I found this information regarding inserting objects into an HTML message.

Insert a picture, sound, or movie into a message
When you insert a picture, sound, or movie into an e-mail message, the media
that you attach is part of the message, not an attachment. If your recipient
has an e-mail application that supports media in HTML messages, pictures are
displayed in the body of the message, and sounds and movies can be played
from within the message.
You can only insert a picture, sound, or movie into an HTML message.
In a message, place the cursor where you want to add a picture, sound, or
movie.
On the Message menu, point to Insert, and then click the option that you
want.
If the Insert menu item is disabled, on the Format menu, click HTML.
Locate the media file, select it, and then click Choose.
Notes
When you insert a multimedia element into a message, it's a good idea to
make sure that the file that you are inserting can be viewed or played back
by most e-mail or multimedia applications. The list of supported media types
varies across applications, but the following file types can be viewed or
played on nearly all computers: .jpeg, .gif, and .png for images; .mp3 for
sound; and .mpeg for movies.
You can also add pictures, sounds, and movies to notes.

This sounds easy enough but it didn�t work for me.

My problem was trying to insert a 4MB .jpg into a message.
Was it a size issue that prevented it from inserting into the message?

Once the .jpg was reduced it inserted perfectly.
What are the size requirements for this procedure?
They are not mentioned in the above instructions.

Thanks

--B_3346931267_116531

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Size of inserts into HTML message</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Century Schoolbook"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:14pt'>OS 10.6.2<BR>
Entourage 12.2.3<BR>
<BR>
I found this information regarding inserting objects into an HTML message.<=

<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#093399"><FONT FACE=3D"Trebuchet MS"><SPAN STYLE=3D'=
font-size:14.5pt'>Insert a picture, sound, or movie into a message<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"0"><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SPAN STYLE=3D=
'font-size:9pt'>When you insert a picture, sound, or movie into an e-mail me=
ssage, the media that you attach is part of the message, not an attachment. =
If your recipient has an e-mail application that supports media in HTML mess=
ages, pictures are displayed in the body of the message, and sounds and movi=
es can be played from within the message.<BR>
You can only insert a picture, sound, or movie into an H<FONT COLOR=3D"#09339=
9">TML message.<BR>
</FONT>In a message, place the cursor where you want to add a picture, soun=
d, or movie.<BR>
On the Message m<B>enu, po</B>int to Insert, a<B>nd the</B>n click the opti=
on that you want.<BR>
If the Insert me<B>nu ite</B>m is disabled, on the Format me<B>nu, cl</B>ic=
k HTML.<BR>
Loc<B>ate </B>the media file, select it, and then click Choose.<BR>
Notes<B> <BR>
When</B> y<FONT COLOR=3D"#329999"><B>ou ins</B></FONT>ert a multimedia elemen=
t into a message, it's a good idea to make sure that the file that you are i=
nserting can be viewed or played back by most e-mail or multimedia applicati=
ons. The list of supported media types varies across applications, but the f=
ollowing file types can be viewed or played on nearly all computers: .jpeg, =
..gif, and .png for images; .mp3 for sound; and .mpeg for movies.<BR>
You can also add pictures, sounds, and movies to notes.<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Century Schoolbook"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size=
:14pt'>This sounds easy enough but it didn&#8217;t work for me.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"0"><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-s=
ize:9pt'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Century Schoolbook"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size=
:14pt'>My problem was trying to insert a 4MB .jpg into a message.<BR>
Was it a size issue that prevented it from inserting into the message?<BR>
<BR>
Once the .jpg was reduced it inserted perfectly. <BR>
What are the size requirements for this procedure?<BR>
They are not mentioned in the above instructions.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3346931267_116531--

0
Roger

On 2010-01-21 16:07:46 -0500, Roger Schlemmer said:

> What are the size requirements for this procedure?

 I don't think Entourage itself has any size restriction. It usually is
set on the SMTP server you are using to send the e-mail,

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso
1/21/2010 9:58:02 PM
On 1/21/10 1:07 PM, in article C77E1E42.16E2%r.schlemmernospam@comcast.net,
"Roger Schlemmer" <r.schlemmernospam@comcast.net> wrote:

> My problem was trying to insert a 4MB .jpg into a message.

Entourage 2008 will not show jpgs on the message if they are over 400kb.

Other formats do not have this restriction.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane

Insert Code
I have some VBA code that I would like to insert into an excel worksheet With ActiveCell.Columns .EntireColumn.Copy .EntireColumn.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False End With Application.CutCopyMode = False I thought all I would have to do is create a macro, use the macro editor and paste in this code instead and run that macro, and this code would run instead.....Thats not working.......how do i run this code?? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200510/1 Try this .....

OUTLOOK 2003 BUG: Tasks do not accept HTML messages
When dragging a message received in HTML over to the Tasks folder the body of the message disappears. Tom Tulane University Works for me. What is your setup? Connected to Exchange? If so; are you using Cached Exchange mode? If not; POP3, IMAP or other...? and are you using an Outlook 2003 pst-file or an Outlook 97-2002 pst-file? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & trick...

Inserting A Blank Line, Again
Below is an example of text data imported into Excel. Would it be possible to insert a blank line between the different races times as displayed below? Again, the data varies. The data is imported into A2. There is other data in columns B & C. I am able to sort the times with the help of Pete (UK). 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 1:40Newton Abbot 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:05Kempton 2:10Newton Abbot 2:10Ne...

Extra lines inserting in replies/forwards
Hi When I reply or forward Outlook messages, I'm getting about 20 lines (blank) put in between the replied/forwarded message "Subject" line and the text. Can anyone help me to stop this? Thanks. David "DG" <dgee@papercontracts.co.uk> wrote in message news:OGJgUTPoFHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > When I reply or forward Outlook messages, I'm getting about 20 lines > (blank) put in between the replied/forwarded message "Subject" line and > the text. Can anyone help me to stop this? Thanks. David > Is it set to reply...

Messages Disappear?
Hi, We're using Outlook 2003, cache mode, to connect to our Exchange and Windows server 2003. Everything patched. One of the users complains that some messages (last week)disappeared suddenly. There's no filters, rules setup. She said those messages were there two days ago. the current View is all messages(read and unread). I also tried switching to non-cache mode and still can't find those missing emails dated last week. I even logged on to OWA and still can't find those missing messages. I checked the Deleted Items, Junk, all other folders and those messages we...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

Execute a variable as an insertion into a VBA code line
2003 & 2007 Is there a way to obtain, via Inputbox, to run the code line below: "MyToolsObject.Test" X = "MyToolsObject." & Application.InputBox("VB.NET File to test: ", "ENTER PROCEDURE NAME") Assume: X = "MyToolsObject.Test " Effectively, how can I "Execute" X as if it were the codeline below? Sub DecodeRunDLL() ' Dim MyToolsObject As ToolsNET.Tools Set MyToolsObject = New ToolsNET.Tools MyToolsObject.Test ' <<<<< *********** ...

Tracking email messages
Our company policy requires us to obtain a copy of all incoming/outgoing email messages. How can we set this up with Exchange 2003? Ideally we would like all messages stored in one mailbox. Thank you Create it and they will come. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261173 On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:49:29 -0700, "Michael" <mjimenez@genesis-consulting.net> wrote: >Our company policy requires us to obtain a copy of all >incoming/outgoing email messages. How can we set this up >with Exchange 2003? Ideally we would like all messages >stored ...

Inserting a 'Standard'
Hello Wizards I've got my bar or line graph. Is there a clean way to place a 'standard' or 'goal' line on the graph. i.e. if I want the goal to be 18.7 can I get that to be a horizontal line that stands out. TIA ! Sam Would using the drawing toolbar to manually insert a line, possibly with some descriptive text, work? "Metolius Dad" wrote: > Hello Wizards > > I've got my bar or line graph. Is there a clean way to place a 'standard' > or 'goal' line on the graph. i.e. if I want the goal to be 18.7 can I get > that ...

Relaying Denied error when sending message
I have been receiving the following error when sending email to one specific company: <ourmailserver.ourorg.gov #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <person@company.nett>... Relaying denied> Our server is an Exchange 2K3 Std. I've tried it from several versions of Outlook. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?= <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:0F863D69-3819-4C15-99EF-9ABA3B9976AF@microsoft.com: > I have been receiving the following error when sending email to one > specific company: <ourmailserver.ourorg.gov #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7...

Automatic marking messages read
I am using Outlook XP. How do I change the amount of time I have to look at a message in my inbox before Outlook automatically marks it as read? I know how to mark it as read manually. Daniel L Newhouse <danielnewhouse@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I am using Outlook XP. How do I change the amount of time I have to > look at a message in my inbox before Outlook automatically marks it > as read? Tools>Options>Other>Reading Pane >I know how to mark it as read manually. Edit>Mark as Read. You would do well to peruse your menus and options and to read the Help th...

Protect Worksheet but allow to insert or delete rows
I have set up a worksheet, locked and unlocked cells as needed and I want to allow the user to insert and delete rows. But, when I set protection and tick "Insert Rows" and tick "Delete Rows"; the menu only will allow "Insert Rows", the "Delete Rows" field is not accessible. Solution? Do you get an error message saying that you can't delete the row since there are locked cells on that row? I do when I protect a worksheet using your options and then rightclick on a row number and choose delete. (And that row contains locked cells.) Bob L Hill...

A0 page size | PP slow
Dear all, I am working on an A0-sized poster in PP, and PP is getting really slow? What to do? Can I clear undo history or something like that? Thanks Benjamin Hi Benjamin, Yes you can reduce the number of undo's and recent files displayed, but I'm not sure that will help with the "slows". How large is the saved file? Bill Dilworth "benjamin.friedrich" <benjamin.friedrich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:507e8462-7b3b-4c27-b078-a22ff359eba6@q29g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Dear all, > > I am working on an A0-sized pos...

changing paper size #2
I need to change an existing flier created in publisher from letter to legal size. When I try changing the paper size (under printer set up and page set up or change template size) the flier is spread out between two pages. I can only see the two pages in print preview, when I'm working on it I can only see one page. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks -- ln Publisher 2007? When you are finished creating your flyer, File, print, reset your page preferences on this print screen. There is a print preview on this screen, the preview should be correct with no tiling. -- Mary Sauer ...

FYI: Eingebundene Bilder in Outlook-HTML-Mail / embedded graphics in HTML
Hallo, hier mal eine vollst�ndige L�sung zum Versenden einer HTML-Mail mit eingebundenen Bildern aus Outlook 2000. Die L�sungsans�tze sind aus verschiedenen NG's. Es ist kein CDO-Verweis notwendig! VBA-Code in MS-Access 2000 Here a complete solution for sending a HTML mail with embedded graphics via Outlook 2000. The methods of solution are from different NG's. You don't need the CDO reference! VBA-Code with MS-Access 2000 '--- Start of Code --- Public Function sendOLEmbeddedHTMLGraphic(strSendTo As String, _ Optional strSendCC As Va...

How do I increase the Font size of Calendar for taking prints?
I want to increase the font size of Outlook Calendar for taking Print-outs Font size is found in Page Setup How do I increase the Font size of Calen wrote: > I want to increase the font size of Outlook Calendar for taking Print-outs Another option is using a MS Office addin app called WinCalendar. It allows full control over fonts (+ can further edit). It allows you to render your Outlook Calendar as both MS Word and Excel formats. See here fore screen shots and more info: http://www.wincalendar.com/calendar-maker.html ...

File format not valid message
I have Excel 2000 office. Created a workbook document and saved it in Excel. Now when I try to open it the message "File format not valid comes up". What do I do to open the document in Excel workbook format. You have damaged your file file. You may be able to recover data but the first thing I would do is to copy your file and to work from the copy of the file. Always check the file with your virus scanner and anyone else who attempts to open your file should do the same. Open Notepad and drag the file to the notepad, if you can see text that is a good sign. You may be abl...

inbox message is eliminated when hitting reply, reply to all or forward
thanks to two people who gave me hints on what to do. The inbox message is eliminated if I reply, reply to all or forward. It is eliminated as soon as I hit send. It does not appear in the deleted messages. This only happens if I try to forward or reply. Any other inbox messages that I just read are still there. Bug in outlook? Do you have any filters set on your Inbox that might be hiding some of the messages? Go to View | Current View | Customize Current View and look at the text next to the Filter button... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail add...

How to decrease size of combo box ?
I have CListCtrl placed on dialog. For editing subitems I have used CComboBox of type dropdown and this CComboBox is placed on edited cell in time of editing. Problem is that height of CComboBox rectangle which is created in resource editor is more than my CListCtrl item height. How to decrease height of CComboBox ? (Not height of items in ComboBox drop down list but height of CComboBox which is not active) Peter I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but if you are resizing the control when you overlay it on the list control you could use MoveWindow() and get the size of the...

Auto-categorizing email messages on move-to-folder
OK, I give up - I am not smart enough on my own, time to tap the smart ones ... So, here's the thing: I am using a Utility called Nelson Email Organizer (search and organize work-along), and like it a lot, BUT, I want to make it play nicer with Outlook folders. NEO does not (Currently) have away to show a column with the folder name, but DOES have a way to show a column with the category. So, I want to attach to each mail message a category that shows which folder it is in. I can do this for incoming messages to Inbox by the rules wizard, but I can see no way to re-assign the category w...

Insert Object in PP2003
What is the purpose of object in insert menu and how to work on it, please advice Christopher Fernando In article <52955C83-9B41-4D37-9643-2D3B8B513A00@microsoft.com>, Chris Fernando wrote: > What is the purpose of object in insert menu and how to work on it, please > advice With some types of data or programs, you can insert an "OBJECT" into a PPT slide; when you doubleclick the slide, the data opens in the appropriate program so you can edit or play it back. For example, if you insert a picture normally into PowerPoint, you can only resize and r...

MS SQL Insert Data from One table to another
Hi guys, After seeing the benefits one can derived in developing applications running on sql, I have tried my hands on some small application, but with some challenges, and I will be grateful if someone can help me out. I want the contents one table to be added to some specific fields in another table. for eg. Table 1 P_Id pMonth pYear pRegistrar pFormType pCasetype ..... table 2 fID FormName 1 Land 2 Commercial 3 Defamation .... ..... I want to insert the values of table 2 to table 1 spec...

Information store size?
Does anyone know the file size limits for the information store and public folders on exchg. 2003 std server. ......,priv1.edb and pub1.edb On Standard the limit is 16Gb see: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/overview/default.asp <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6d1701c49424$7c185740$a301280a@phx.gbl... > > > Does anyone know the file size limits for the information > store and public folders on exchg. 2003 std server. > > .....,priv1.edb and pub1.edb ...

swf flash file embedded in html file which is edited in excel.. he
Hi, I have an html file which has an swf flash movie embedded in it. When I open it in excel, it works fine and the movie is viewable. However, when I want to send it out as an email, everything but the embedded swf is viewable, i.e. where the swf should be instead there is a blank white space! And yet when viewing the html file through a browser (IE6) it is perfectly fine. Here's the affected code - as rewritten by excel... <tr height=17 style='height:12.75pt'> <td height=17 class=xl26 width=19 style='height:12.75pt;width:14pt'><!--[if gte vml 1]>...

Error message opening a folder
OL2002: Error Message: Microsoft Outlook Could Not Access the Specified Folder Location I've been receiving this error message when trying to open a sub-folder in Outlook 2002, and going to the KB it said there was a hot fix available for this error but I have been unable to find it. Any suggestions? Per the KB article, you need to contact Microsoft PSS and request the Hotfix - there is no charge for hotfixes if you ONLY ask for the hotfix and don't append a "by the way, this has been happening as well." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group...