sharing folder in entourage

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

we would like to share a folder in entourage without using exchange. <br>
we would like to archive our email on 1 dataserver and be able to view these emails on 2 computers in a shared folder. is this possible without using exchange ?
0
capoen

<capoen@officeformac.com> wrote:

> we would like to share a folder in entourage without using exchange. <br>
> we would like to archive our email on 1 dataserver and be able to view
> these emails on 2 computers in a shared folder. is this possible without
> using exchange ?

Not that I kow of...
Unless you create a dedicated IMAP account where you could store e-mails
that would be accessed through both accounts.

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen

Where are permissions set for Mailboxes and Public folders in 5.5?
Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 SP6 We have installed Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent. Exchange is allowing it to backup everything except the actual Private Mailboxes and Public Folders. I'm being denied access to those two folders. I have tried all 3 logons that are listed as 'Service Account Admins' and no luck. I'm told that "The logon account xxxxxx failed to access server_name\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes." Access is denied. This is an old exchange server set up by my predecessor and I'm not that familiar with it. Is there somewhere that special permiss...

Public Folder
hi, I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? "gumby" <Drinkingbeer@yourplace.now> wrote: >I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other >than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that >subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? What does "flag" mean? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_f...

Outlook says: unable to expand the folder
Hi all I have a user that logs on her domain pc as Membership. She do a mailbox for this username named "Membership". She also has her own mailbox opened in outlook named "Illse" which is her name. This one i did add throught Tools > Accounts > Change > Advanced Tab, etc, etc. Now she needs to ba able to see a third mailbox called "Trudy" > If i add this mailbox on exactly the same way and want to open the mailbox in outlook outlook says " unable to expand the folder". Why is it doing this while it opens the second mailbox successful...

Can't save over share
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have had Office 2008 for awhile now and I haven't come across this unusual bug until recently. The problem occurs when trying to save an xlsx file over a samba share. All other formats save fine i.e xls, doc, docx, pptx, etc. What will happen is it will try to save as an .xlsx file then a message box appears saying, &quot;Microsoft Excel cannot access the file 'share: [string of random numbers and letters]. The odd thing that I have stumbled upon is that this doesn't occur if I set an open pass...

OL2007+Exchange: Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...!
I'm seeing a very strange issue with my Outlook2007 (against Exchange)... Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...! Steps: 1. Send an email. Sent email gets saved under Outlook's default "Mailbox\SentItems" folder. 2. Go to that SentItems folder, and move the mail to another folder (let's say "Foobar") under your inbox. 3. Go to "Foobar", make sure mail is still there. 4. Let Outlook Sync up with Exchange server (or hit "Send and Receive"). 5. You will notice that the mail disappears... ! I did a full text search in my ...

Moving Folders?
How do I move folders from one account to another? I want to move all my folders from my hotmail account to my Comcast account. How do I move folders from one account to another? Please disregard this post. Posted twice mistakenly... Please respond to the person that replied to your original post about this issue. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Artreid" <artreid44@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKkBQpxFLHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I move folders from one account to another? I want t...

Import contacts from Public Folder into Address List
Hi, we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as it was published as such. Now I have a Public Folder full on contacts but I need to move them back to the Address List which has been recreated but is now empty. Does amyone know how I may go about this? Thanks Simon Sorry, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Thanks "Simon" wrote: > Hi, > we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to > restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as i...

when i am in the window to choose a folder to export none are list
I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. What version of Outlook are you using? Does anything show in that pane of the Import/Export Wizard? "outlook export files" <outlook export files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17414043-FCB0-4C02-8ABF-C5288395157F@microsoft.com... >I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to > choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. ...

save files in FTP folder
Can I save the Outlook files on a FTP folder and have outlook 2003 access those files as defoult? Close Outlook - then cut and paste the outlook.pst file to the location of your choice. Reopen Outlook and when it whines, point it to the location of the saved .pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Wilson <wdgouveia@hotmail.com> asked: | Can I save the Outlook files on a ...

Trying to move messages to folders
When I try to move certain email messages to other folders (manually), suddenly I get this message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Even with the restarts, I still get the error messages. I looked up the error message in the database, but it seems to be listed only in cases where you're forwarding mail, not moving it. I also checked for updates to Outook 2002, but the scan said I was up-to-date. This all happened, by the way, after I installed Service Pack 2. Can anyone help? Thanks so much! ...

Calendar as a Public Folder
Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how to set it up. John: Please see the microsoft.public.exchange.setup thread titled "setting up shared/public calendar" dated Wednesday, August 18, 2004. Regards, Martin "John Barr" <jbarr@toobrands.com> wrote in message news:219701c48612$84d08d50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a > Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how > to set it up. Hi John, Assuming you have everything setup a...

On opening outlook
Hi When i open outlook it always goes to a particular folder in my inbox (its a sub folder, about 5 levels down). How do i set it to 1. just open and go to the inbox 2. or open to the last folder i had open. thanks in advance Andy C Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options... Here you can specify your default startup folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "AC&q...

Obtain Sub-Folder Names with VBA?
Is it possible to obtain the names of all Sub-Folders for a specific parent Folder? Just 2 levels (1 Parent Folder) and several children folders. We need the names of the sub-folders, not the names of the files in the sub-folders. Thanks for your help. Brad Lookup the Dir Function in the help file, specifically at the example it illustrates exactly how to get a directory listing. You'll see it isn't hard! -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the...

Cant see Default Public Folders on New 2003 Exchange
Hi We have recently installed a new W2003 Exchange 2003 server into our domain. The domain already had an Exchange 2000 server installed. The default public folders on the Exchange 2000 machine can be seen under ESM and by Outlook clients. We have created an additional new public folder store on the new 2003 server, however, the default Public folders on the new 2003 server cant be seen by mapi clients ie Outlook. Additionally any folder created under the Public Folder tree on the 2003 server under Folders does not appear under the First Storage Group > Public Folder Store > Public Fol...

backing up personal folders (.pst) files for MS outlook
I am trying to back up personal folders on a cd. I burned the files to a CD. When I try to open them in Outlook it tells me the following: "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" and then "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file..." I have checked the permissions and I have full control. Any suggestions? Copy the PST files to your hard drive, right-click on them, go to properties, and remove the read-only attribute. William Wheeler wrote: > I am trying to back up personal folders on ...

Lost Outlook Express Folders
I transitioned from Pacbell DSL to SBC DSL about a year ago. I just recently tried to reset up an existing email address (not my primary address) with an SBC support rep. During the process I lost all folders for my primary email account. The support rep said all we did was remove and add back the primary account, and delete temp files to speed things up. According to her this should not cause folders to be lost. I don't find any of the folders when I search. How do I do all to recover these folders before I just move on? ...

Protecting Folder
Hello, I'd like to create a folder on a Windows 2003 Business Server which is not accessible unless permission is explicitly granted to a user. It will be to hold an MS Access database backend. I have a folder now in which this is accomplished, but to do it, I created a Security Group, unchecked all of the permissions and denied List Folder Contents permission. This doesn't seem rational to me to have to specifically deny access. I asked a network guy if there was another way, and he said what I did was exactly right. I find it difficult to believe. Thanks for ...

Sent items from Blackberry 9700 not showing properly in Entourage sent items

Shared file
We have a file saved on the server which has suddenly become a shared file. It wasn't before and we had a number of people accessing it from different computers. None of our other files have become shared like this one. How do I change it from being shared as it won't let me copy sheets because of this. I create a new sheet each month and use another as a template. I can copy and paste cells but would prefer to be able to just copy the sheet. Thanks Jen Tools|Share workbook|Edit tab The option isn't too far from worksheet/workbook protection. I bet it was a slip of the ...

Outlook 2003 Calendar Sharing
I have several calendars and i would like to share 2 of them. When someone else, whom I have added as a delegate tries to open another user's folder, he only gets the one calendar, with no options to select another calendar. Am I doing something wrong? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sharesubfolder.asp for instructions - you need to have permissions set correctly on the folders and the user needs to open your mailbox as a secondary mailbox in their account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

add public folder calendar to multiple user accounts favorite calendar list. 06-22-10
hey all, i need to add a public folder calendar to multiple user accounts "favorites" calendar list (shows as other calendars) in outlook 2007. i know, from outlook, you can right click and add to favorite to add it to an individual user's "other calendars" but i need to do this for a group of people. is there any way in exchange, gpo, or something to do this automatically based on group membership, etc.? thanks in advance. shrpshtr ...

How to keep data fields an graphs together when sharing presentati
When I create a graphic chart in PowerPoint and then send it for comments to other parties thru e-mail, they can't edit the data fields. PowerPoint gives the error that can't find the data. How can I keep the worksheets attached presentation slides? And... how can I fix the problem on slides already made? In article <D13996A0-BF28-4E70-8A4A-BEB9E06F0F02@microsoft.com>, Margie wrote: > When I create a graphic chart in PowerPoint and then send it for comments to > other parties thru e-mail, they can't edit the data fields. PowerPoint gives > the error t...

Task folder appearing under sent items, magically
We've got a shared mailbox and calender between 6 people. Just last week a user complained that 11 task folders, sequentially numbered, appeared in her Sent Items folder. None of the 6 users have write or modify permissions...just read only. The six users are running anywhere from Office 2k to XP and our server is Exchange 5.5 We can deleted the empty task folders, only to have a number of them reappear a few days later. Always empty, but not always the same number of folders. Anyone out there have a clue???? Please I have lost so much sleep it's not funny over this. TH...

Create or find "Favorite Folders" pane
I can't find the "Favorite Folders" pane above "Folders List", anymore. If you're using the Folder List then the Favorite Folders section won't appear. "ChristiA" <ChristiA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEC82608-6F53-4269-9799-61D3DF7374E1@microsoft.com... >I can't find the "Favorite Folders" pane above "Folders List", anymore. ...

Entourage not receiving emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange We have Entourage set up to connect to our exchange server. It will work fine for months, and then all of a sudden it will just stop receiving emails. <br><br>In order to fix this, I have to delete the account and re-set it up. Once I set it up again (using the same name so it pulls the saved emails and address book) it will again synch with exchange and receive email. <br> I have checked out our exchange server and the accounts and everything is fine on that end. <br>...