Send Button Disappeared

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

0
Gerald_Jackman

Hi Gerald,

you should find that there is a Send Message Now option in the Message
menu in the menu bar. You can also simply hit Cmd+Return to send a message.

To solve your problem: is it just the send button, or have the other
buttons (Priority, Signature, Flag, etc.) disappeared as well? If yes,
simply click on the tiny pill-shaped button in the upper right corner of
the message window. This button hides the toolbar, and clicking it a
second time will bring it back again. This is a Mac OS X feature that
you can find in many other applications, too.

If it is just the Send button which is missing, ctrl-/right-click the
toolbar and select Customize Toolbar. While in Customize mode, drag the
Send button to the toolbar, then click on OK.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP (Macintosh)

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***
4
Michel
1/8/2010 3:47:32 PM
On Jan 8, 9:47=A0am, Michel Bintener <mbinte...@NOmvpsSPAM.org> wrote:
> Hi Gerald,
>
> you should find that there is a Send Message Now option in the Message
> menu in the menu bar. You can also simply hit Cmd+Return to send a messag=
e.

> To solve your problem: is it just the send button, or have the other
> buttons (Priority, Signature, Flag, etc.) disappeared as well? If yes,
> simply click on the tiny pill-shaped button in the upper right corner of
> the message window. This button hides the toolbar, and clicking it a
> second time will bring it back again. This is a Mac OS X feature that
> you can find in many other applications, too.
>
> If it is just the Send button which is missing, ctrl-/right-click the
> toolbar and select Customize Toolbar. While in Customize mode, drag the
> Send button to the toolbar, then click on OK.
>
> On 08/01/10 16:22, Gerald_Jack...@officeformac.com wrote:
>

> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Inte=
> > Email Client: pop My "Send" button has disappeared for any New,
> > Forwarded or Replied email's.
>
> > I can send New, Forwarded or replied emails, but only by way of the
> > below methods.
>
> > For a new email: I can only send them if I save them to "draft's" then
> > go into draft's and place the mouse over the email and right click, the=
> > click the "Send Now" from the pull down menu.
>
> > For a Reply/Forwarded email: I can do the same as a new email or I can
> > click on the "Message" pulldown menu listed on the top Banner and click
> > "Send Message Now".
>
> > I can also use the appropriate keyboard commands for the above scenario=
> > as well.
>
> > I would really just like to have the "SEND" button back on the emails
> > the way it used to be. How can I get this back...?
>
> > Thoughts / feedback...?
>
> --
> Michel Bintener
> Microsoft MVP (Macintosh)
>
> *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

I have been having the same problem with the missing "send" button.
How very odd. Your suggestions, Michel, worked perfectly. Thanks.
Control send works and the oval button in the upper right hand corner
reveals the tool bar that was inadvertently hidden when replying to
messages. Yeah! What a relief to solve that problem.
1
Laura
1/9/2010 4:10:33 AM
On 09/01/10 5:10, Laura wrote:
> I have been having the same problem with the missing "send" button.
> How very odd. Your suggestions, Michel, worked perfectly. Thanks.
> Control send works and the oval button in the upper right hand corner
> reveals the tool bar that was inadvertently hidden when replying to
> messages. Yeah! What a relief to solve that problem.

Hi Laura,

glad I could help.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP (Macintosh)

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***
0
Michel

SMTP Outbox won't send
I have set up Outlook 2003 to get my email from Compuserve. It uses IMAP4 for input and SMTP for outgoing. Reading the email is working OK. But i replied to an incoming email, the reply went into the Outlook Outbox, but nothing I do will cause it to be sent. Send/Receive All does not empty the Outbox and neither does Send All. If reading the mail works, how do I get the Outbox to send the reply? ...

News button is missing from customize toolbars
I tried to add the News button to allow the newsgroup reader function. It was there at first. I followed the instruction that said it was hidden, and I had to move it from the Customize Toolbar menu. I went under the Go section, and found News. I moved it to the Go section of my file menu, and it was there. I opened the newsgroup reader, and started to create a usenet account. I was missing some info for my account, so I canceled out and closed the newsgroup reader and Outlook. Now when I open Outlook, the News button that I put under the Go File menu is gone, and it isn't...

Send Direct Email does nothing
I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos! Here's the deal: This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. I did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the correct privledges. I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'. I received it and it was logged into history properly. Yeah! I then created anoth...

how do i send a publisher calendar to blackberry?
-- Carrie Murphy Read the Blackberry manual but I strongly suspect you won't be able to do anything with a Publisher file at all on your phone. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "CARRIE" <so_cal_faith@msn.com> wrote in message news:A128BE10-D276-4B15-A74D-C472F3EA45A4@microsoft.com... > > -- > Carrie Murphy JoAnn, The Blackberry is a bit more than a phone... How to Do Everything with Your BlackBerry (How to Do Everything) http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=4-978007225587...

Outlook sending unknown hidden messages
Hello all, My Outlook is sending hidden messages (as indicated by the status bar) when I don't have any, or sometimes one message, in my Outbox. They shouldn't be read receipts from legitimate Email, because I usually haven't opened any mail that contains receipt requests (I get VERY little mail from unknown sources, so I would know). I first noticed this when sending one piece of mail, and the status bar said sending 1 of 2 messages. Sometimes when I send one message it will start with "Sending message 2 of 3," then go to 3 of 3, and only then do the one message I ...

Send Email Permissions
We are trying to send emails to a group of contacts using the IE client. We are going to tools, advanced find to define a group of contacts. Then we choose actions, send direct email. When we choose a template and try to complete the activity, we get a message saying that the user doesn't have permission for this action. Our administrative users can perform this action, but the Salesperson and Customer Service Users are not able to complete the action. We have perused the security role settings but are unable to figure out which one is affecting this. Any ideas? Hi Greg, I...

How do I block someone from sending me e-mail?
There is someone that keep sending me e-mail and I want to block them in Outlook, please help. Create a rule to delete the messages as they arrive. tools, rules wizard. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Stargolf" <Stargolf@discussions...

sending attachments #3
I downloaded all the security updates for Outlook 2000. Now Outlook can't send attachments. The attachments appear in the "send" directory, but the receiver of the email gets no attachments. Hi Stu, The Outlook security feature blocks attachments that are potentially unsafe. This security feature provides an additional level of protection against malicious messages. Although Outlook 2000 SR-1 or Outlook 2000 SR-1a blocks access to the attachment, the attachment still exists in the message. For more information on resolving this issue, please refer to Knowledge Base art...

Toolbox wizard to create Command Button
Access 2003 Windows XP Professional I used the Control Wizard on the Toolbox to create a Command Button to close the form. When I try to use it it will not run and returns this error message - The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Expected: list separator or ). * The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro. Any ideas why? I'm at a loss. Check to see if you haven't changed the name ...

Send/Receive Freezes
W2K w/Outlook XP - several rules created: Exception List Adult Content Senders Junk Senders where my name is not in the To box where my name is in the Cc box The last four have the setting of 'permanently delete it' the problem is that when I click Send/Receive OL freezes all the time forcing me to close it as it stops running. I can only Send/Receive with the rules checked off. I then have to open rules check them back on and hit the run/now. Is there something wrong with OL for this to happen all the time? TIA ...

Tie Contact address to Send From address?
Hi, Outlook Express (if not, then Outlook) Can you tie a particular contact to a Send From address? In my contacts, there are people I want to ensure I only send from one email address, which isn't the default address. I thought about using a second client, but I like to keep all email in one client. If I can't do this in Express, but can in Outlook, then I'll migrate to Outlook. Thanks, Andrew "narrator" <narrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B1B4C7A-9849-4AD6-9630-87ED2F418C2B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Ou...

Code to send SMS text message?
Hi, I would like to send an SMS text message to a cel phone via code within Excel 2007. Has anyone done this? What code / services / products do I need to accomplish this? Does anyone have an example? Thanks in advance. --Dan What gateway are you using? What you would need to do is to snd a internet message to a gateway provider which would then send the messae out on the wireless land. Most likely you are using a webpage interface from your PC to interface with the gateway. So opening up an internet explorer and goiong to an URL is probably the method to use. ...

2003 Send on behalf of
How do you set up permissions to send on behalf of a distribution list? I see where you can set this up for an individual mailbox, but not a distribution list. This is on Exchange 2003. I did do this in Exchange 5.5 by giving the distribution list "Send As" authority, but I do not see anything like this in Exchange 2003. I can not find anything on this except incorrect information. Thanks Matt You can only grant the "Send As" permission for Distribution Groups. To do this go to the Security tab of the DG. "Matt1999" <xxscoffxx@aol.com> wrote in...

Double-click notifications from a button?
How do you get double-click notifications from a button in an MFC dialog? I created an "ordinary" button using the resource editor. When instantiated, it has the BS_NOTIFY style, according to Spy++. If this button is double-clicked, it sends a BN_CLICKED message, but no BN_DOUBLECLICKED. This is Win XP Pro SP1 and VC++ 6.0 SP5. I would prefer to avoid solutions that require timing to see if single-clicks should be combined, and those which require me to wait after a single-click to see if another click is coming. sherNOwoodSPAM@computer.org (remove caps to get e-mail) I'...

"Do not send before" option
I've noticed that with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5 the "Do not send before" option does not function correctly i.e. it only works if the client software is running. With Oulook XP and Exchange 5.5, this also worked on the server alone. I've tried turning off cached Exchange mode, but still have the same problem. Is this a compatibility issue with Exchange 5.5, an Outlook 2003 bug or just a reduction in Oulook functionality? ...

doesn't send to yahoo
hi every body, I have windows SBS, with mail server configured. I am able to send and receive from any e-mail, e.g. gmail, hotmail...except Yahoo. I can receive from yahoo but not send to it. what is the problem.. any help? Check Reception Polciy for Sending and receiving mail . . > what is the problem.. any help? > Probably no reverse DNS. Go here, substituting the public IP of your mail server for "1.2.3.4": http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ptr.ch?ip=1.2.3.4 Some mail servers require there be a reverse DNS entry in order to combat spam. -- David L. West http://...

Activate Purchase Button in Asset General Information window
Hi there, Does anyone know how to make the purchase button from the Asset General Information window appear (Cards >> Fixed Assets >> General) What I'm trying to do is get the link enabled between the Transaction entry window and the Asset General information window. I've create an entry and posted it, by the purchase does not appear. Thanks for your help. Hi Ian You should re-visit your Fixed Assets Company setup window as that is where you tell the system that you want the link between the purchase transaction and the Fixed Assets module. Hope that helps Sheila ...

ComboboxEx Select and buttons disappear?
When I select an item from a comboboxex on my dialog all my buttons disappear, this is really strange and I'm not sure about how to go about fixing it..Anybody had this problem? any ideas? thanks OK I figured out comboboxex is calling wm_paint but wm_paint is not redrawing the controls, how can I force this? > Nevermind it was the buttons transparent property set to true that was causing it "David S." <big_dave@comcast.net> wrote in message news:TIKcnXpQBIZ0x2KjXTWJkw@comcast.com... > When I select an item from a comboboxex on my dialog all my buttons > disa...

cannot send fromoutside home country
With Windows mail,I can send and receive mails OK when I am in my home country (france in that case); but when I connect outside france,I can receive mails but not send; can anyone help? "patrick" <patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet news:03635D05-EB0F-415A-956E-0D3A27718272@microsoft.com... > With Windows mail,I can send and receive mails OK when I am in my home > country (france in that case); > but when I connect outside france,I can receive mails but not send; > can anyone help? Access your account via webmail when away from...

Is there a way to send cc or bcc without atachment?
Is there a way to send cc or bcc without atachment? Aloha diter, I'm not clear on what your question is. You don't have to add an attachment to any message. What version of Outlook are you using? What, exactly, are you trying to do? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > Is there a way to send cc or bcc without atachment? > "diter" <diter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39727460-BD7C-4ACD-B988-27DE76CD7268@microsoft.com... > Is...

How do I assign a macro I have created to a Command Button in Exc.
I believe on previous versions of excel you right-clicked on the command button and then clicked on assign marco, but this does not seem to appear in the 2003 version of excel. Any help is appreciated. If you add a button from the Forms toolbar, you'll see this option. I think you added a commandbutton from the control toolbox toolbar. Andrew7675 wrote: > > I believe on previous versions of excel you right-clicked on the command > button and then clicked on assign marco, but this does not seem to appear in > the 2003 version of excel. Any help is appreciated. -- D...

outlook 2003 problem sending email
when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using outlook 2000 (with a pop3 account) the email does not get through & i receive no 'failed delivery' messages to notify me of a problem. However, when i copy the same message to my work address i receive the email no problem. Also, I am able to receive emails from my friend - i just cant send them back! How can i troubleshoot this problem? What's the exact text of the NDR (bounce message)? Unlikely to be an outlook problem - leo wrote: > when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using > outlook...

Outlook 2003
I have been using Outlook 2003 with one user/email (pop3)/profile for a few years and have a great system of folders and saved messages. I recently added a new profile with its own email (pop3) and everything is fine. Upon opening Outlook it prompts for the profile to open and I can open both. However, when I select my 'original' profile (listed at 'Outlook' in the drop-down box presumeably because it was the original profile), all my original folders and saved messages appear, but the Send/Receive button is missing from the toolbar as well as from the Tools menu. The S...

Button apperance
I am using ActiveX option buttons in my spreadsheet and the apperance of the buttons is pixelated and distorted. Is there a way to make the buttons look cleaner or load new option button styles into excel? Hi there, You could try using Autoshapes as buttons.....much more presentable -- Thank you and Regards Garreth Lombard "ndobbo" wrote: > I am using ActiveX option buttons in my spreadsheet and the apperance of the > buttons is pixelated and distorted. Is there a way to make the buttons look > cleaner or load new option button styles into excel?...

OE Newreader Disappeared
OS: Windows XP SP2 Outlook: 2003 According to the help in Outlook 2003, to access newsgroups you do the following: Start the newsgroup reader Show All Hide All The first time you use the newsreader, you must add the News command to the Go menu. 1.. Add the News command to the Go menu. How? 1.. On the Standard toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.), click the Toolbar Options arrow . 2.. Point to Add or Remove Buttons, and then ...