Requesting Read Receipts

Version: 2008
Email Client: pop

Does anyone know if Entourage has the capability of requesting a &quot;Read Receipt&quot; or &quot;Receipt Verification&quot; with sent emails. I cannot seem to find out where this option is?  <br><br>Thanks, D8
0
Duke8

--B_3348193503_77538

Of course you will only get a read receipt form a recipient who hasn�t
prevented there production and/or software that allows them. However to get
a receipt from those that �do� then open your Email account settings and
click on Options tab. In Additional Headers under Header add
Disposition-Notification-To and your email address under Value.

PRH

On 04/02/2010 20:37, in article 59bb2433.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Duke8@officeformac.com" <Duke8@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop
> Does anyone know if Entourage has the capability of requesting a "Read
> Receipt" or "Receipt Verification" with sent emails. I cannot seem to find out
> where this option is?
>
> Thanks, D8

--B_3348193503_77538

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Requesting Read Receipts</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt=
'>Of course you will only get a read receipt form a recipient who hasn&#8217=
;t prevented there production and/or software that allows them. However to g=
et a receipt from those that &#8216;do&#8217; then open your Email account s=
ettings and click on Options tab. In Additional Headers under Header add Dis=
position-Notification-To and your email address under Value.<BR>
<BR>
PRH <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On 04/02/2010 20:37, in article <a href=3D"59bb2433.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac=
0">59bb2433.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href=3D"Duke8@officeforma=
c.com">Duke8@officeformac.com</a>&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"Duke8@officeformac.com"=
>Duke8@officeformac.com</a>&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><=
SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt'>Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (S=
now Leopard) Email Client: pop Does anyone know if Entourage has the capabil=
ity of requesting a &quot;Read Receipt&quot; or &quot;Receipt Verification&q=
uot; with sent emails. I cannot seem to find out where this option is? &nbsp=
;<BR>
<BR>
Thanks, D8<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3348193503_77538--

0
Peter

Outlook 2003 repeated requests for username & password
This just started last week. When I have my Outlook open I get a pop up block that asks for user name and password. I enter OK and it pops again immediately again and again. It will not allow me to send and receive. If I turn my computer off for 30 + minutes and then on again it will be okay for awhile then it repeats the same old problem. HELP!!! It is hard to get any work done with the pop-ups or restarting computer. I think it happened after the last 2 updates. I get the same error message as "dave" but do not have Vista and nothing resolves the problem that I...

how to stop links from opening in reading pane
I use Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP OS. Recently, when I click on a link, instead of just opening in my browser, my computer starts another copy of Outlook and tries to open the link in the reading pane. I am using safari. Any idea how to change this so the link only opens in Safari? Thanks ...

Read Cobol comp-3 field
Hi, Anyone here knows how to read a flat file with Cobol comp-3 field from sql server. Thanks, Mecn (mecn@yahoo.com) writes: > Anyone here knows how to read a flat file with Cobol comp-3 field from sql > server. The command to use would be BULK INSERT, but you must be able to describe the data format with a format file. Since I know nothing about comp-3 fields, I can't say whether this is possible. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Links for SQL Server Books Online: SQL 2008: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/cc5142...

Problem with Reading Ameritrade Transactions
I can't read any download Ameritade transactions with Microsoft Money 2005 Premium. I keep getting the following error when viewing my recent transactions... "An error occurred, but Money ran out of memory while trying to retrieve and display details about what happened." I have four new transactions in Ameritrade. I will show me the four trades that have taken place, but when i click next to update my account i get that error. I tried clearing out my temp files and internet files and deleting all my cookies but the error still comes. I even tried removing my Ameritrade On...

Help Read-Only message, Discussion group ideas all used
Excel 2003: I am trying to copy 6 excel workbooks onto a CD-RW on my E Drive and keep getting Read-only on the CD after copying and none of the original workbooks have protection in place nor have properties of read only that I am copying from. I have tried: 1) putting them into a zipped compressed folder and then sending to E drive 2) unchecking the close this window after copying finished on the CD writing wizard 3) Gone to accessories>Window Explorer>E drive>file name>properties>uncheck read only and it comes up with an error and states access denied). 4) Not putting the...

Newbie needs a tutorial on reading from and writing to nodes in an XML file
I have an ASP.NET app that I am writing using VB.NET and I want to use an XML file to store configuration settings in sort of like the way I used to use an .INI file for in Windows apps. When the user opens a page, it needs to go read certain settings out of the file and fill textboxes and other form fields with the data from the XML file. If the user makes any changes on the form, it needs to write back to the XML file to store the new settings. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! I do this and it seems to work just fine... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.as...

How do I cancel a read receipt?
Hello, I recently blindly accepted sending a read receipt through a POP3 account that isn't configured for sending mail. Now Outlook is constantly trying to send the receipt and I keep getting error messages. How can I cancel this read receipt? The account itself cannon be configured for sending and deleting and re-creating the account has not worked. Thanks... -- _________________ Jonathan Huber | Darkness only stays the nightime jondhuber@sympatico.ca | In the morning it will fade away. - George Harrison, "All Things Must Pass" http://w...

Transaction Date is being cut off on Receipt
Hi, I have a modified reciept and now that the month has 2 digits the year is getting cut off. First I tried changing the Font size but that makes it too small to see clearly so I went into the reciept and removed the Transaction.time that was on the same row of the reciept. Now the Time no longer shows up (ok) but the date field is still getting cut off (bad). Any ideas? Original Row: <ROW>"Date: " Transaction.Date "|Time: " Transaction.Time</ROW> Modified Row: <ROW>"Date: " Transaction.Date</ROW> Thanks! ...

Cash receipt edit list altered to exclude multicurrency informatio
Hi, We have a canned report called Cash Receipts edit list. Till yesterday, it was showing multicurrency information (CDN and USD) & today, suddenly, it is showing only originating currency (CDN) Any suggestions on how to find this report in the system? Thanks. GG, If the there are no modifications to the report, most likely a checkbox was changed on the Posting Setup. To check this, go to GP > Tools > Setup > Posting > Posting. Choose Sales for the Series and Receivables Cash Receipts for the Origin and see if the Include Multicurrency checkbox is c...

program to make Tables and Queries becomes READ ONLY
Anyone out there knows how to write a code to make the Tables and Queries to be "READ ONLY" in a database, so when we convert that database to a "MDE" mode, then everthing is secured? Your help is much appreciated. No, there isn't. If you use only queries, and have DISTINCT in each of the queries, you won't be able to update the data through the forms. However, you'll still be able to get to the tables by linking to the database. Note that your application should be split into a front-end (containing the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), li...

reading HTML
I'm posting back some HTML, as a file, to a client using a file extension of .xls. The open file dialog properly recognizes it, asking the user if he wants open the file with EXCEL.EXE. Fine so far. But certain things just aren't right. Really not right. Just a couple manual fixes and everything starts to look better. (deactivate links, background color ...) Is there a way to include a macro in the post back data? What about exe command line parameters. I can't rework the data, since it comes from various sources. But, background for example, should always be ...

Can write onto a DVD but not read from DVD: "The device is not ready"
After having worked successfully for a couple of years with my current DVD drive (recorder) there are now problems since a few days. I can write (=burn) as usually onto a DVD. But when I want to read the content of such a DVD nothing is listed. The drive letter is shown as usual in WinExplorer. When I click on it the DVD seems to be empty. Nothing is shown. dir E: in Command prompt shows permanently "The device is not ready" even after 30 minutes! When I insert the same DVD in another computer (with WinXP) then the 4 files are shown without problems. So whats...

Automated Cash Receipts Posting
Is there a product that allows the automatic posting of cash receipts received via EDI? ...

Read receipts every day for the same emails
Hi, I get every day on the same time two read receipts for two emails I sent to another user some weeks ago. The recipient of my emails obviously does nothing at this time every day, but the receipts are generated. Anybody has had something like this before? Both we work with Outlook 2000 and mailboxes on the same Exchange 5.5 server. Thanks Panos "Panos" <panos@panos.donotspam.com> wrote in message news:740CDFA7-3466-4A22-87AB-E0939A38504B@microsoft.com... > I get every day on the same time two read receipts for two emails I > sent to > another user some week...

Print Receipt Hook
Does anyone know if the Print Receipt hook is called when a cashier does a reprint? I'm wanting to write an application that will allow me to save my credit card receipts with the complete credit card number on it but when a receipt is printed (or reprinted) the card number will be masked. We use a credit card add-on (as we need Chip & Pin) and it does this so I would imagine it is possible "Wesley Sanders" wrote: > Does anyone know if the Print Receipt hook is called when a cashier > does a reprint? I'm wanting to write an application that will allow me > to...

GP8.0
Hi, one of the user was posting a purchase receipt when its computer crashed. this cause and issue because now each time we go to the PURCHASE ORDER DOCUMENT INQUIRY screen, we get a PRIMARY KEY VIOLATION error [Microsoft]ODBC Sql Server Driver SQL SERVER Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint PK##0300334. Cannot insert duplicate key in object dbo.##0300334. then it says : the stored procedure popSelectPoDocumentInquiry returned the following results : DBMS: 2627, Great Plains:0. i narrowed it down and i figured out that the Purchase receipt is showing in both POP10600 and POP30300 w...

How to track or audit meeting requests/cancelations/deletions?
As our exchange administrator I am always getting questions about meetings. Some people send a meeting to a group of people then add or remove someone and do not update all attendees. Someone else may send a meeting to a handful of people and when its canceled they delete it from their calendar but it still shows on the other attendee's calendars. A third person might change the time of a meeting but it doesn't move on other attendees calendars. To date I have been able to explain each instance by looking at each persons calendars, sometimes looking at the organizers sen...

Worksheet 501: Request full item count is timing out
I have noticed some discrepancies between my store inventory and my headquarters inventory. In order to bring the two inventories back in sync, I am trying to run worksheet 501: Request a full Item count. However, the worksheet keeps timing out. The worksheet will download, appear to be processing the worksheet for about 20 minutes, then return the error message: <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147217871: Timeout Expired UPDATE [ItemDynamic] WITH (TABLOCKX) SET [ItemDynamic].[SnapShotQuantity] = #UpdateRsToTable.[SnapShotQuantity], [ItemDynamic].[SnapShotQuantityCommitted] = #Upd...

Outlook 2007: meeting request--multiple time options
Is there a way to send out a meeting request to a list of people for several time options, as to where the recipients can "accept" the meeting for the specific date/time they desire from the list? Thanks in advance bh bh <NoSpam@ReplyToGroup.com> wrote: > Is there a way to send out a meeting request to a list of people for > several time options, as to where the > recipients can "accept" the meeting for the specific date/time they > desire from the list? Thanks in advance You could certainly create each of the multiple events and then attach the...

Read Receipt #6
Is there a way to define a PF key or shortcut sequence to togle read receipt on/off for a particular mesage I am composing? Eric <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to define a PF key or shortcut sequence to > togle read receipt on/off for a particular mesage I am > composing? In the Compose window, click View>Options and toggle it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Urgent request: Revealing email addressess in bcc field in sent items folder?
I need to figure out who I sent an email message to, but in sent items it is not showing bcc field, is there a way to make this happen so I can see all the email addresses? Am using MS outlook 2003. Or does it depend on the server I am using at work etc? Many thanks Colin If I send a message and I include a BCC, then I open the message in my SENT items folder, it does show me the email address. However, if I add the BCC field to the view of the Sent Items folder it does not show me in the view. I do need to open my message to see. Is this what you mean? Nikki <rogloc@googlemail.com&...

Transaction Remains as Transaction to Read
I am using MSMNY03 deluxe on XPpro. One checking account registered transaction remains in the list of Transactions to Read and I have not been able to "Accept Transaction". The account register has a note attached saying: "This downloadable transaction is a probabale match to a manually entered transaction. " After clicking on Accept in the account register, the note remains and the Transaction to Read list remains with that one remaining transaction to be read. How can this be corrected ? de ~Vince~ Have you tried clicking "change" instead? Susan "...

Outlook 2003: font display size (magnification) in reading pane
Hello, I can't seem to find the place to change the magnification of the fonts in my inbox reading pane. I can change the font size for just about everything else. How do I do this? Thanks for your help! Philip Brown ...

Outlook error reading rules
After updating to Office 2003, one of my users get this error message after opening outlook. "there was an error reading the rules from the server, the format of the server rules was not recognized" after deleting their profile and recreating it, and also after using the comman-line switch "/cleanrules" They still get this message. I have also tried to run clean sweep with no success. Can someone please tell me how to fix this error. ...

Read Reicept Help
I am getting this error, when trying to respond to an email in outlook espress, when it requests a read reicept. outlook unable to send reicept Please help. Unable to send read reicept. Thanks! Amanda ...