Problem: new calendar entries land on wrong date

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I have re-installed Office from scratch - no improvement.
0
Micky

On 3/24/10 12:44 PM, Micky@officeformac.com wrote:

> When making a new calendar entry, it will not land on the date I
> select, but rather on: March 20, 2020!!!!
>
> The only way in which I can make a calendar entry is to make it in
> iCal, and then let iCal synch with Entourage calendar.
>
> Likewise, the Entourage calendar, when printing, will only show/print
>  imported holidays, not the actual entries as displayed.

This is a hunch, but go to Apple menu --> System Preferences... -->
Language & Text --> Formats. If the Region says "Custom" then change
this to your current region.

Restart Entourage and test.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William

Setting a date in the Header
I have a report that I need to print every Friday, but the report is for the following week. So, I want it to say "For the week of: Monday, November 5, 2007." How do I calculate the date to be next Monday? IF you run the report on Friday (and never on any other day), -- Add a control to the report -- Set its source to = "For the week of " & Format(DateAdd("d",3,Date()), "Long Date") If you run the report on any other day of the week this will fail. So you might want to use = "For the week of " & Format(DateAdd("d&...

Exchange Migration Wizard and creating new SMTP reply addresses
Hello, I'm migrating from a Netware 6.5 environment, but am going to be using another tool because of the need to migrate archives and personal address books. I would, however, like to use the Microsoft tool to populate the GWISE SMTP address with the old GroupWise address. Is there a way to run the Exchange Migration Wizard in a mode that will only create the additional GWISE SMTP addresses for all of my users? Aaron ...

C# Net GridView LinkButton open a new page
Hi, In my C# .Net framework 2.0 web application, I have a GridView which has the LinkButton ItemTemplate. I would like to have the click event for the LinkButton then it will open a new web page( not redirect). I think I'm stucking in the javascript with the asp control, need help! Thanks. Jason ...

Problems installing Office 2004
I used a trial version of Office 2004 in my MacBook until it expired. I few days ago I bought I licensed Office 2004 - Student and teacher edition and tried to install it in the MacBook. I deleted the previous version by dragging all Office folder to trash. I inserted the CD but could not install using the installer since it did not appear active, so I copied the whole Office folder to the Applications. After this I tried to open an Office application, but no one opened. I tried to remove Office using the removal tool but that also did not open. Any suggestions of what should I do? ASPer...

ms outlook faxing rendering problems
When I scan a document and send it via ms outlook fax. I get the error message item can not be Rendered any solutions much appreciated A little BASIC information would be helpful first. What version of Outlook/Office/Windows are you using? How are you trying to send the Fax? Are you using the Send To->Fax Printer option? What Fax Program are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding...

New essay: Projects that build under VS.NET 2003/2005
It finally happened. Someone needs a project that builds under VS.NET 2005 (they want the ease of the 64-bit integration) and VS.NET 2003 (for all their old 32-bit developers). I wrangled with the problems for a bit, and came up with a kludge that actually works (clumsy though it is, alas). But to save anyone else the time taken to figure it out, the results of my experiment are documented on http://www.flounder.com/vs2325.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

new emails
When I start a new email the text looks very small and hard to read but when I look at it in my sent folder it looks fine.... why? Have you checked your zoom level already? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Mike Bunting" <Mike Bunting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228BBE80-21D2-4ADF-9048-CFB6C9DA3E9...

HTML spreadsheet problem
Hi, I have created a spreadsheet with Excel and have saved it to a HTML format to be browsed on the web. All works fine but the formatting has not been taken to the HTML version, and I have some fields that have capital letters in the HTML version that are small characters in the Excel format? Not really sure how this is possible? I have the same problem in reverse: internet pages opened in Excel are all fouled up. I think its due to the filters, the components that turn one sort of file into another. Sometimes, updating your filters will work. First, you might want to make sure that you...

Question about moving Outlook 2003 from an old computer to a new one
Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010549451033.aspx I was wondering what, if anything, has changed for Outlook 2003? I'm asking only becuase I can't find a similar article, and I'm going to need to do this later next week. Thanks! Larry Larry Kahm <lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote: > Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which > describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: &g...

Calculating dates
A quick question before i'm off to bed :) I got several dates, all in the future. I'll just give an example, cause it'll be hell to explain otherwise :p I have a date (Belgian format) 26-07-2008 (= July 26th, 2008). Now I need to know how many days have past from 26-07-2004 untill now. So, day and month stay the same and year needs to change to the year before the current one. Then count the days untill the date now. I need this to calculate accrued intrest, should someone wonder (or if that makes it easier to understand ;) ) Preferably, a short function (if possible) since it...

OWA logon problem #4
Hello all, here's my problem: Exchange 2003 with SP1 on Win2003 SP1 on a two-node-cluster. If the Clusterresource HTTP-Server restartet (after boot, crash or failover) nobody can logon to OWA because HTTP-Error 500 (Internal Server Error). After an administrator logged on via OWA (yes, he can !) all the other users can use OWA because they can log on now. Any idea ? Regards Ralf ...

Adding a new data series to an existing chart
I have a stacked bar chart that shows monthly sales by customer type. I want to add an additional data series to show the monthly forecast, to be displayed as a point or line against the existing stacked-bar data. Any ideas? Select the data you want to plot. Drag onto the chart. XL will pop up with a dialog box asking for some information. Provide it and you will be all set. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <1418C2D7-4DF6-4945-A08A...

Problem with a date and concatenation
I got some data out of one of our in house databases and it comes out as 01/022206, for example..a missing second "/" (we need to FIX that damn databse too) I have thousands of these rows, and I need to do some analyses by date, so I need a correct date. So I was going to use text to columns> fixed width and separate the 01/02 from the 2006, then I would concatenate with (replacing the actual contents with the cell name of course) ="01/02"&"/"&"2006" But when I do the text to columns, I get the 2006 but I I don't get 01/02.. I get a...

How do I change the value in cell based on a future date
I would like certain cells to be cleared after a certain date one way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module (Right-click the workbook title bar and choose View Code): Public Sub Workbook_Open() If Date > #12/15/2004# Then _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1,B2,J10,K39").ClearContents End Sub Note that this won't work if the user opens your workbook with macros disabled. Note also that there's no way to prevent a user from accessing your data - i.e., they can set their clock back and open the file. You can make things more difficu...

MX/DNS problem in Exchange
One of my users (on SBS 2003) has intermittent problems sending mail to a particular user elsewhere. After some research, I found out that the recipient's mail mail servers were moved from one domain hosting provider to a new domain provider, but they left their website (xxx) & domain hosting (.com) with the existing domain provider. So... the recipient's domain, abc.com correctly resolves to an IP address at the old provider, 123.com. I can nslookup or ping abc.com, and it correctly resolves to the old IP address. However, the MX records (as tested externally via a websit...

CFileDialog drives me insane. Handle Problem ?
Hi, i want to communicate some strange Problems i have with CFileDialog. Hope someone can push in the right direction. 1. Problem: CFileDialog FileDlg(true); INT_PTR nResponse = FileDlg.DoModal(); if (nResponse == IDOK){}else{return;} LPSTR file = FileDlg.GetFileName().GetBuffer(); LPSTR folderPath = FileDlg.GetPathName().GetBuffer(); ULONGLONG fSize = GetFileSizeInByte(fileUrl.GetBuffer()); long GetFileSizeInByte(const char* sFileName) { std::ifstream f; f.open(sFileName, std::ios_base::binary | std::ios_base::in); if (f.eof()) { return 0; } if (!f.good()) { return -1; } ...

Stationery Problem with ImageMaps OL2K / 2K2
Good Evening All, Thanks in advance for your responses. I'm developing a pretty simple stationery for a customer. Basically it's a three row table with images used as headers and footers. The footer image has 7 e-mail addresses on it and I setup a simple inline imagemap to facilitate hyperlinking. All good so far. Note that I developed the page in Notepad, and tested it using Outlook 2000 SR-1. I've sent the e-mail friends and colleagues who also use Outlook, Thunderbird, Eudora, Opera, and others. They everybody was able to utilize the imagemap links... except the custom...

Changes to requested ship date in SOP should roll down to lines
When changing the requested ship date at the header on open SOP orders you should have the option to roll this change down to existing SOP lines. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

problems compiling xsd in .Net 2003
Hi, I have an .xsd document (Inc_B.xsd) that "includes" two more from the same folder: <xs:include schemaLocation="Inc.xsd" /> <xs:include schemaLocation="Inc_A.xsd" /> They all have the same targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/Inc.xsd" xmlns:ir="http://tempuri.org/Inc.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" When I try to use xsd utility from .Net command prompt to compile Inc_B.xsd - I receive the following error: Could not find file '\Inc_B folder\Inc.xsd'. I need to assign 'Inc_B.xsd'...

problems printing from MS Office Picture Manager
Operating System is Vista. When running MS Office Picture Manager (Office 2007) drop down option pulls up other printers (which work and MS XPS doc writer or install new printer. Install printer works up to and including print test page which prints normally. Like I said it pulls up the other printers and works with everything but MS office picture manager. Is there a way to associate the printer with MSOPM Have you tried right-clicking on any picture and then selecting "open with" method? This would allow you to associate all pictures to open in MSOPM when you cli...

Browser Problems in Windows XP
I am having problems getting Microsoft Explorer to work in installations of Windows XP. In some installations it works just fine and in some it will begin to go to the web site and then the window closes with no error. Has anyone experienced this problem before? I can log in with all the user accounts from any windows 98 computer using the same browser version. Thanks for any help. Eric Davison wrote: > I am having problems getting Microsoft Explorer to work in > installations of Windows XP. In some installations it > works just fine and in some it will begin to go to the ...

Problem with CHKDSK
Hi When I run CHKDSK it gets a pass with /i but it hangs at the reboot with /f and /x and it says "CHKDSK is verifying indexes (Stage 2) 0 percent complete" and I have to reboot. I have a Seagate disk drive. I downloaded and ran Seatools for windows and got a pass on Long Drive Self Test. So I can assume that the disk is OK. The utility is read only it does not do any repair. I tried to do an Avast anti-virus scan but it stops before completing the scan and the computer has to be rebooted. Disk cleanup also freezes the computer Any idea of what I could do...

calendar missing
my live mail calendar has gone ! i can see it in hotmail but its gone from live mail , how do i get it back make sure that you sign into WLM using the -same- account you are using to sign into Hotmail web -- naia i did that "naia" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:0c5f7a8e60fad776c277443857bacfe4@nntp-gateway.com... > > make sure that you sign into WLM using the -same- account you are using > to sign into Hotmail web > > > -- > naia Close Windows Live Mail Navigate(using Windows Explorer) to the Windows Liv...

Problem with Outlook e-mail after installing Microsoft Publisher
I have not been able to send e-mails from Outlook after installing Microsoft Publisher. Any suggestions on how to remedy this sotuation? Are you getting an error? Is Outlook working okay through other programs? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Techblues" <Techblues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCCE2A75-8...

Excel 2000
Hi! *First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an data validation. *Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro down menu will add the option to its list. *Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin it into the dynamic range? *Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update occur. TIA -...