Possible to Include a Link to a Server in Email?

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I would like to send a link to my team that takes them to a folder on a server. I know how to do this in Outlook, I type this in my email &quot;\\server name\folder\&quot; <br><br>This, however, doesn't work for Entourage users. Is there a way to make this work in Entourage?
0
kc27

On 3/10/10 3:32 PM, kc27@officeformac.com wrote:

> I would like to send a link to my team that takes them to a folder on
> a server. I know how to do this in Outlook, I type this in my email
> "\\server name\folder\"
>
> This, however, doesn't work for Entourage users. Is there a way to
> make this work in Entourage?

You're describing a Windows UNC path. Only Windows understands UNC paths.

Look at WinShortcutter
<http://www.lobotomo.com/products/WinShortcutter/index.html> for dealing
with UNC paths on a Mac.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William

publish customization to other server
All, Thanks for all your support for previous posting responses. I have 2 servers: development and production for CRM. We want to publish only LEAD object on PRODUCTION through deployment manager. However all changes are being performed on DEVELOPMENT server. I can't use EXPORT/IMPORT because using export from Development will have all object information and the problem is DEV and PROD are not in sink. If I use import/export all my views(124 views) and their sharing with team got screwed up. (PROD has more licences and team members are different than PROD) Using depolyment manage...

Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email
I am trying to send a message through Outlook with a vb.net program. I receive a message saying that I can allow or deny this message. After a few of these messages, I started getting a different message that gave me a choice to ALWAYS allow messages to be sent from this program. I don't know what triggered the appearance of this send message. My problem is that I need to install my application on my user machines, does anyone know how to disable this allow or deny message OR trigger the send message which allows me select always allow? Thanks, What version of Out...

How to create a windows server and client application with NT integrated security
Hi All, I'm delivering a project need to create a sever and client application using NT integrated security. The server supports two modes of security checking: standard security and NT integrated security, Just like the way of SQL Server 2000 is doing. If the server uses standard security mode, the client need to explicitly type in the user name and password in order to connect to the server. If the server uses integrated security mode,the client program will use the crendential of the current logon user to connect to the server and it will be authenticated by the NT domain. With this ...

Saving existing Outlook emails
I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how I can save my existing Outlook emails and settings so that once I have the newly reformatted drive setup I can access my saved emails and files? do a search in your hard drive for *.pst... it contains all e-mails and contacts... in brief, all eggs in one basket. If you have mail rules you can export them, as you can your mail account(s). HTH <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10fe01c4a73d$16a62f50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how > I can ...

Is it possible to highlight text?
I'd like to highlight just some of the text in a cell - not the entire thing. Thanks Select the cell and in the edit bar you can then select (highlight) some of the text with the mouse and format how you wish, eg bold, different colour, different background colour, different font/font size etc. Hope this helps. Pete This will NOT work in a formula. Works only if all text. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Pete_UK" <pashurst@auditel.net> wrote in message news:1139215455.134469.285660@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Select the cell ...

make XL stop interpreting email addresses as highlighted links?
In several worksheets I store email addresses but XL insists on making them links. So, if I ever select the cell, it tries to open Outlook (which I won't let on my machine), etc. It takes me 30 seconds to get control back. I've looked everywhere in Options but I haven't found anything to stop this. My workaround is to type the email address in an unused cell, then copy it and Paste Special into the target cell with "values only". What a pain. Can you gurus please help? By the way, I did look hard and long for this in earlier posts -- I can't be the only one...

Adding attachments to email merges
I am trying to create an email merge in Outlook, with a PDF attachment. It all works ok, and the message sends but the attaachment is always stripped off the message - I have tried different files and the attachement never comes through, or even gets mentioned in the received message. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks m.nutt1 Not supported. You'd need to use third party software for that. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "m.nutt1" <mark@emqc.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23qnq...

em from people i dont even know (respond to server ) is what they say
i have the same proplem with people pc help and now i have show all messages and there are a lot of th ...

Workflow Email on Campaign Response
I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign reponse form a email will be sent but when i go to add the action "send email" is not listed. Is it not possible to do this? This is CRM 3.0 Thanks I am facing the same problem. In CRM 3.0, when I want to add a workflow rule On creating a campaign response, "Send email" is not an available option in the Insert Action menue. Does anyone know the solution? -- Raj Limaye, PMP "Matt" wrote: > I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign &...

Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC?
I was assigned to upgrade one program from Access(using ODBC to connect to SQL 2000) to ASP.NET(using store procedure in SQL 2000). Finally, I tested them and found that ASP.NET is slower than Access. The mojority job of program is select some data from SQL 2000 tables, modify and then insert into some tables. Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC? -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com Stored procedures don’t add any overhead and they can save compile time. It's the code in the stored procedure and the underlying tables / indexes that ...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

Empty Emails
I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. From: Blank To: Blank Body: Blank Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. Thanks Sue Nope, I do too, but SpamBayes takes care of them for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sue asked: | I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. | From: Blank | To: Blank | Body: Blank | | Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. | Thanks | ...

Exchange server recovery advice needed
Folks We have been hit by a relatively big disk crash and I have to rebuild our exchange 2003 (SP1) server Fortunately I have a fully working backup but I still need to "replay" some LOG files as we only do weekly "full" snapshot. So to cut a long story short I have recovered and restarted the server as it was one week ago and everything seems fine EXCEPT for the messages (and other items) created since last backup. I DO have the log file for those days... but how do I "replay" them ? What is my best course of action ? At the moment I plan to create a separat...

linking to publisher email
How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? The easiest way is to insert a email link to you along with instructions. Select the text or image > insert > hyperlink > Email Address and enter your email address. DavidF "NK" <NK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166F126E-17FC-468E-9A42-9E23ACE8454D@microsoft.com... > How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? ...

Problem OL 2002 Email
I am having a problem with OL 2002 email settings. I have two computers which I am setting up. One computer works perfectly. The second computer I have configured exactly the same...incoming/outgoing servers and ports, etc... are all setup the same. On the second computer when I press test email settings, everything tests fine. But when I try to do a Send/Receive, I run into problems. First, the POP3 tries to connect to the POP3 server twice at the same time. (I am able to see this on my POP3 server console.) Second, the SMTP sending mail never connects to my SMTP server. (Ag...

Locks up when clicking on links in open web pages
I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct discussion group, and if not, sorry for the trouble. Could you direct me if I'm wrong? The issue is that the internet connection locks up if I click on a link or attempt to print from within an open website. It does not happen each time, but often enough to make me want to pull my hair! I have to shut down the connection - the message says it is 'not responding,' and reconnect, sometimes 2 or 3 times, to be able to use the link from the website. I have a second laptop, and it doesn't have this problem. ...

SBS 2003 migration to Server 2008 STD
Hi. We are at the limit of 75 Users and want to Migrate away from our old SBS 2003 Server to two new 2008 STD Server (one for Exchange 2010) I have looked for infos how to do that correctly but i could not find any good basis to start with. Someone already accomplished that task? I recommend Server 2008 R2 over 2008. If you use Server 2008 make sure you have SP2 or better installed before you try to install Exchange 2010. I have done it. It was fairly straightforward. That said it was not easy. There is a lot of conflicting information on the web. The basic procedure is...

Can't Install IBF for CRM on CRM Server
first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name testcrm) after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://testcrm:8082" and click next button but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service location is not avaliable" and can't install it. -_-' . but i can access "http://testcrm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and "http://testcrm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ? I had the same problem - try using http://localhost:8082 for...

Question Re: Migration of Exchange to New Server.
I'm in the process of replacing an aging Exchange server with a brand new server. Once complete the old server will be taken off line and recycled. I figure the easiest way to do this is bring the new server up as a second Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes from the old server to the new server but I have a couple of questions. 1) How do I move the public folders? I'm assuming I can setup Replication between the two servers and that will migrate the public folder data. 2) What happens when the current server goes off line? Other then having to upd...

Hi - does anyone know how to view the source code of an email in Outlook 2003? - tia Jam4 ...

Emails don't find contacts in restored Outlook
My hard drive burned up, so I replaced it, reinstalled, and imported everything into Outlook. The contacts are there if you click contacts. However, when sending emails, there is no way to connect to my contacts. It's like they are invisible. You never import Outlook data to restore it. You just open the Outlook data file. When you do, you will be able to configure your address book view to display your Contacts the same way as always: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine "Mike Row Soft" <MikeR...

Why can't I send email messages with Trial Outlook 2007?
I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day trial of Office'07. I receive email but the send/reply/compose functions are grayed out. I am certain my settings are correct. Why can't I send email? KK What happens when you use the Test Account Settings? What is the exact error message you get? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, KK asked: | I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day...

Sending email in CRM web app problem
Hi, I found this problem very annoying. Our CRM's SMTP service is hosted in YahooMail. The SMTP address is mail.bizmail.yahoo.com and this is a "locked down" server, which means required authentication by username and password. I configured the CRM server's registry by settings the SMTPServerUrl and other stuff, such as Username and password entries. Now, when we send emails from CRM web app, it works... BUT... when we send email using a template which has embedded images, it cannot send the email and reports an error: "Not valid association" something... A...

Remote Exchange server?
Scenario.... I have a client in a real problem area. The power is so bad that it's guaranteed to be off most weekends in summer time! Battery backup and power backup is NOT where i want to go here, so please dont suggest I concentrate on this...because it just won't happen! I would like to setup a remote exchange 03 server for this client in a data center. So when the power goes down, the clients can all connect by outlook web access without any interruptions. Clents from the troubled office would also have to connect to the remote exchange server during normal office hours. Is ...

Incoming Emails #2
Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? No, you can go to TOOLS, then SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and then DEFINE SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and in the box's shown, you can tell Outlook to automatically send or receive your messages every XX mins. Tedd -- Tedd Riggs PDASquare Content Developer www.pdasquire.com "wj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88174331-72B4-4ECF-B688-DF745D9178EF@microsoft.com... > Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? T...