John
--
Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol
a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If you want to learn, get
answers, and be able to defend the faith, CERM is your place.
http://www.cerm.info/

0
John

On 2010-02-18 18:25:33 -0500, John Wolf said:

> Office 2004 seems somewhat sluggish at times. I hear Office 2008 is actually
> slower. But is this true?

It's not the impression I was under.
It feels snappier to me.

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso
2/19/2010 2:24:28 PM
In article <2010021909242827544-korventeen@NoSpammvpsorg>,
 Corentin Cras-M�neur <korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote:

> On 2010-02-18 18:25:33 -0500, John Wolf said:
>
> > Office 2004 seems somewhat sluggish at times. I hear Office 2008 is actually
> > slower. But is this true?
>
> It's not the impression I was under.
> It feels snappier to me.
>
> Corentin

Thanks. Maybe I will wait till 2010 comes out before I upgrade. N
guarantee that Rosetta will be supported in the next major Mac OS. Apple
tends to drop backward compatibility (as they did to Classic) so I
better upgrade or remain on SL and let it be a dinosaur in a few years
like what Tiger is today.

John
--
Are there errors in the Bible? How should a church
conduct its worship services? Is drinking Alcohol a sin?
If you want to learn, get answers, and be able to defend
the faith, CERM is your place. http://www.cerm.info
0
John
2/19/2010 11:45:17 PM
On 2/19/10 3:45 PM, in article
jwolf6589-7612FD.18451619022010@nntp.charter.net, "John"
<jwolf6589@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

> In article <2010021909242827544-korventeen@NoSpammvpsorg>,
>  Corentin Cras-M�neur <korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-02-18 18:25:33 -0500, John Wolf said:
>>
>>> Office 2004 seems somewhat sluggish at times. I hear Office 2008 is actually
>>> slower. But is this true?
>>
>> It's not the impression I was under.
>> It feels snappier to me.
>>
>> Corentin
>
> Thanks. Maybe I will wait till 2010 comes out before I upgrade. N
> guarantee that Rosetta will be supported in the next major Mac OS. Apple
> tends to drop backward compatibility (as they did to Classic) so I
> better upgrade or remain on SL and let it be a dinosaur in a few years
> like what Tiger is today.

Microsoft has said they'll release Office 2011 for Mac in time for
Christmas...i.e., some time between October 1 and December 20. Office 2008
definitely offers _some_ improvements over Office 2004, especially for
Entourage, but Word and Excel can, at times, seem even more sluggish than
their 2004 versions. I would wait for 2011 if you can; I expect it to be a
major improvement over 2008.
--
(Former) Microsoft MVP for Entourage/Word (MVPs are volunteers)
Allen Watson <AllenW@mvps.org>

0
Allen

MS OFFICE home & student installation problems! PLEASE HELP ME!!
I am installing this version from the disk and I do have a product key and everything. I enter in my product key and every thing's fine but after about 3 bars of progress, I get the strangest message: The "Browse for folder" box pops up (not an error message) that says: Setup cannot find Excel.en-us/ExcelLR.cab. Browse to a valid installation source, and then click ok. Any place I choose, whether it be desktop or my computer gives me an "invalid location" box, then it takes me right back to the Browse for folder box. I've even located a file that states it&...

Mail merge with attachments? Office 07
Hi guys, is there any way to do a mail merge to say 100 emails and have an attachment? B you'll need to use VBA or an addin. addins are listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/massmail.asp, with a link to VBA code near the end of the page. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solu...

Seach for a value in multi-dimensional array in 2005/2008
object[,] siblings = { { "John", 25 }, { "Mike", 30 }, { "Tom", 40 } }; Let say I have a value: string searchString = "Mike"; How do I search for the [searchString] in the array siblings and get the age (in case of Mike, it is 30)? "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4E7F5C2-88A4-4D32-9F19-4C1DCA61B898@microsoft.com... > object[,] siblings = { { "John", 25 }, { "Mike", 30 }, { "Tom", 40 } }; > > Let say I have a value: > string searchString = "Mik...

MS Office 2003 file structure
I have had progressive versions of Office for many years, since Windows 95 time. I have purchased upgrades to my current Office 2003 suite and am now considering purchasing Office 2007 (or wait for Office 2010?). Over the years I seem to have acquired a confusing file structure with both MS Office and MS Office 2003 folders under Program Files, each containing similar subfolders but with the MS Office folder containing additional subfolders - Office and Office12 folders in addition to the common Media, Office11 and Templates folders. These folders have almost certainly been ...

can't send mail from 32 Bit applications with office 2010 64 bit R
Hello, after installing Office 2010 64 Bit (RTM) 32 Bit applications can not send mail any more. Messages like this open in a dialog box: --------------------------- Email --------------------------- There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Outlook is set as default which is also reflected in the corresponding registry keys like HKLM\Software\Clients\Mail and ...

Long Quit Time for Office 2004
After installing Office 2004, it takes approximately 1.5 minutes for any of the Office applications to quit. I'm using a 933MHz PowerPC G4, with 1.2GB of RAM and OS 10.2.8. I repaired permissions after installation but this had no effect on the quit time. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. In article 842c92f6.0406101900.4aa1c335@posting.google.com, rcolley1 at rcolley1@maine.rr.com wrote on 6/10/04 20:00: > After installing Office 2004, it takes approximately 1.5 minutes for > any of the Office applications to quit. I'm using a 933MHz PowerPC > G4, with 1...

How to Change Office 2007 UI to Look Like 2003?
Hi, I Am about to buy a new office, and I must decide between 2007 and 2003. I'd like to buy 2007 (same price where I live) but I cannot stand the UI. Is there a way to make it look like 2003 (for me Word/Excel is enough) ? Thanks, <http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/99609816/m/723006774831> On 8/3/09 5:05 PM, in article 59b798b1.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "sunmeng82160628@officeformac.com" <sunmeng82160628@officeformac.com> wrote: > I Am about to buy a new office, and I must decide between 2007 and 2003. You landed in a Mac group. For a li...

Office 2007 SP2 installation
Have a VM environment where SP2 won't install. Haven't found much to help out there... (Any helpful advice would be welcome) TIA, Dave MSI (s) (74:38) [09:40:52:890]: Product: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 - Update '2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2)' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Additional information is available in the log file C:\DOCUME~1\CAMPDA~1.WW0\LOCALS~1\Temp\2\MAINWWsp2_MSPLOG.LOG. MSI (s) (74:38) [09:40:52:890]: Windows Installer installed an update. Product Name: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007. P...

Outlook 2008 Trial version
I installed a trial version of Outlook 2008. I entered the product code. It won't let me send email or reply to emails. It says that in order to do so, I have to purchase a licensed copy of Microsoft Office. Does that mean I can not fully use the email in the trial version unless I buy the software? There is no such thing as Microsoft Office Outlook 2008 for Windows. = Tell us what you really have. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Lynne asked: | I installed a trial version of Outlook...

Setting Up Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm a new user of Word 2008, as well as a senior citizen, and need help in setting it up so I can use it primarily for reports, correspondence, etc. I'd like to have a customized toolbar that has only what I need and without any of the fancy multi-colored element and other gizmos that pop up and don't go away. Are there instructions or something that will help me do this? Hello & Welcome; If by "fancy multi-colored element" you mean the Elements Gallery (Document Elements, Quick Tables, etc.) ...

Office Communication
Im going to have a office communication in my computer...what will be the hardware requirements in order for me to have an office communication?im acting as a client...i already have a server.....i am looking for the hrdware requirements for a client....plsss answer.... This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. I suggest post your question to the applicable Windows newsgroup below: Windows Vista discussion groups: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.msp...

convert trial version to previous office 7 purchased
I have just purchased a Toshiba Qosmio Laptop. It has a trial version of Office 7 on it. I have tried to install a previously purchased key and cd for Office Professional 20077 but it doesn't work. HELP PLEASE...... Ta Deb Deb Before installing your Retail Office 2007 Professional you need to uninstall the Trial version and the Activation Assistant. -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA30...

Leopard Upgrade -> File Format Not Valid -> every file is corrupted??? = I am up the creek
Did you try to FORCE it to open? That is, dragging the file ( + option) onto Excel in the dock? ...

11.4.0 update from 2/12/2008
I downloaded and installed the latest update (11.4.0) for Office 2004 and afterward noticed that my hard drive was very noisy. I then got a message that my hard drive was full. I shut my MacBook down and restarted it. I then went to Finder and saw that I had only 828.9MB of space left. This is a brand new MacBook with a 160GB drive on it. Before downloading and installing this update, I had over 102GB of free space. What has Microsoft Office done with all of my disk space? I'm new to Macs so how can I find the files that would be taking up all of this space? I'd appreciate any input on...

Office 2003 and XP
I have both Office 2003 Standard and Office XP Standard on my laptop. Can I safely uninstall Office 2003 to free up more moemory ? "Puzzled" <Puzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97F11031-C7C7-4531-97F4-38345B7EF4F1@microsoft.com... >I have both Office 2003 Standard and Office XP Standard on my laptop. Can I > safely uninstall Office 2003 to free up more moemory ? I'd rather uninstall Office XP, but you should be able to uninstall either. Note that since only one version of Outlook can be installed at any one time, you have eithe...

Removing Office 2004 demo
Hi, I never used Office 2004 demo and I forgot to remove it before I installed Office 2004 before in installed Office 2004 from the DVD. How do I remove the demo version? If I use the "Remove Office" application will I lose both versions of Office and all of my email? Is my current version from the CD "crippled". Thanks, Stan Stanley Williams wrote: > Hi, > I never used Office 2004 demo and I forgot to remove it before I installed > Office 2004 before in installed Office 2004 from the DVD. How do I remove > the demo version? If I use the "Remove Office&qu...

Office 2008 & Video Problem
Yesterday I installed Office 2008 Home & Student Edition on my Mac Mini which has the 10.4.11 OS. After the installation everything worked fine. Today I was using Word and after a short time the screen went fuzzy. This is occuring not only in Word. Could this be a problem with fonts or a video problem. Any suggestions on how I might fix this would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve I need a better description before I can even hazard a guess as to what that is. It's OK here in OS 10.4.11, so I need to know exactly what you are doing and what you are seeing... Cheers On 26/02/08...

Office 2004 Pro & VPC7
Office 2004 Professional for Mac has also Windows XP with Virtual PC ? Thanks. In article <33f501c4aa03$251d2f70$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Mary Jane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Office 2004 Professional for Mac has also Windows XP with Virtual PC ? Yes. ...

Internal versus External Out of Office replies
Is there a way to configure Outlook (or perhaps it has to happen on the Exchange server) to send a different Out Of Office auto-reply, to recipients located within the user's email/corporate domain, as opposed to external recipients externally? No. OOFs to the internet can be turned off, but you can't use two different replies. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Se...

Outlook 2003 and word as editor with Office XP
After installing Outlook 2003 on a box running Office XP, I can no longer choose word as my email editor. Anyone know how to fix this? TIA J C wrote: > After installing Outlook 2003 on a box running Office XP, I can no > longer choose word as my email editor. Anyone know how to fix this? You can't use Word as email editor or several other inter-application mail features if the versions don't match, sorry. You'd need to go back to Outlook 2002 or upgrade to Office XP. > > TIA In order to use Word as your email editor the versions of Outlook and Word must be the ...

Risks running Office 2007 in XP compatibility mode
To use all functions of a CTI software, the vendor asks to run Office 2007 in XP SP2 compatibility mode as mentioned in an Microsoft KB article by setting the following values "How to place Office 2007 applications into Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode:" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers] "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\WINWORD.EXE"="WINXPSP2" "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\EXCEL.EXE"="WINXPSP2" "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office...

SSRS 2008 charts
Hello, I've created a bar chart in SSRS 2008. Even when I add minor tick marks you still have to guess the value of each bar. I'd like to have the actual value of each bar listed. Maybe above each bar or somewhere where the user does not have to guess what the value of the bar represents - they can see the actual value. Is there a way to do this in SSRS 2008? Thanks in advance G Right click on the chart and select "Show Data Labels" On Jan 25, 7:43=A0pm, GiJeet <gij...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, I've created a bar chart in SSRS 2008. =A0Even whe...

**Multiple offices multiple deposits**
We have a number of offices that prepare their own deposits and take this cash to the bank. We are in the process of rolling GP out to these offices through Terminal Server and wonder how other multi office companies deal with this. When having multiple people creating multiple receipts and deposits within GP, how do you handle it so that each receipt/check is easily recognizable by the person who is inputting the deposit? Thanks in advance for your advise! Gail Richner Gail: You can have each person doing Cash Receipts or Bank Transactions code the Receipt number/Transaction numb...

Reoccuring of MS Office XP EULA
After installing Office XP SP3 some of the users get repeating EULA, every time they open MS Outlook. And MS Word launches automatically with MS Outlook opening. Does anybody know how to fix the problem? log in as administrator and accept it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com OneNote Tips: 1note-tips-subscri...

Record insert makes checkboxes default to true
I have an Access ADP file that I've been using for about 4 years now constantly making updates and expanding the functionality of my application. I use the Access 2003 developer extensions to compile the ADP into an executable and package the Access Runtime. I recently applied a BUNCH of Windows and Office updates and since then every time users insert a new record most all the fields checkbox fields (but not all) default to being checked. I was way behind in my updates so it could be an older update or a new one that caused the problem. I also applied MsOffice SP3. The record...