New account with new Domain

Version: 2008

I am trying to set up a new entourage email account using a new recently purchased domain.  I am putting in mail@domainname.com for incoming and out going mails but when i verify details it tells me both are not right.  Do I have to have set up the hosting for the website before  being able to set up the email account or do I need to set up the email address at somewhere like GMail first and then will I be able to do it????  Any help appreciated.
0
EmmaMC

--B_3356781628_7480040

On 5/15/10 4:45 AM, in article 59bb8800.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"EmmaMC@officeformac.com" <EmmaMC@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I am trying to set up a new entourage email account using a new recently
> purchased domain.  I am putting in mail@domainname.com for incoming and out
> going mails but when i verify details it tells me both are not right.  Do I
> have to have set up the hosting for the website before  being able to set up
> the email account or do I need to set up the email address at somewhere like
> GMail first and then will I be able to do it????  Any help appreciated.

You do need a host for your new domain name. Usually the site where you
purchased will offer some suggestions.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

--B_3356781628_7480040

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: New account with new Domain</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12pt=
'>On 5/15/10 4:45 AM, in article <a href=3D"59bb8800.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac=
0">59bb8800.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href=3D"EmmaMC@officeform=
ac.com">EmmaMC@officeformac.com</a>&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"EmmaMC@officeformac.c=
om">EmmaMC@officeformac.com</a>&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><=
SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12pt'>I am trying to set up a new entourage email acco=
unt using a new recently purchased domain. &nbsp;I am putting in <FONT COLOR=
=3D"#0000FF"><U><a href=3D"mail@domainname.com">mail@domainname.com</a></U></FON=
T> for incoming and out going mails but when i verify details it tells me bo=
th are not right. &nbsp;Do I have to have set up the hosting for the website=
 before &nbsp;being able to set up the email account or do I need to set up =
the email address at somewhere like GMail first and then will I be able to d=
o it???? &nbsp;Any help appreciated.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">=
<SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12pt'><BR>
You do need a host for your new domain name. Usually the site where you pur=
chased will offer some suggestions.<BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP<BR>
Entourage Help Page &nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;<a href=3D"http://">http://</a>www.entour=
age.mvps.org/&gt;<BR>
Entourage Help Blog &nbsp;&lt;<a href=3D"http://">http://</a>blog.entourage.m=
vps.org/&gt;<BR>
YouTalk &lt;<a href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/bzcrjy">http://tinyurl.com/bzcrjy</=
a>&gt; &lt;-- Entourage mailing list<BR>
Twitter: follow &lt;<a href=3D"http://twitter.com/entouragehelp">http://twitt=
er.com/entouragehelp</a>&gt;<BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3356781628_7480040--

0
Diane
5/15/2010 10:20:25 PM
On 2010-05-15 12:45:20 +0100, EmmaMC@officeformac.com said:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

> I am trying to set up a new entourage email account using a new
> recently purchased domain. I am putting in mail@domainname.com for
> incoming and out going mails but when i verify details it tells me both
> are not right. Do I have to have set up the hosting for the website
> before being able to set up the email account or do I need to set up
> the email address at somewhere like GMail first and then will I be able
> to do it???? Any help appreciated.

You don't need to set up the web site before using the mail, but the
mail host does need to be set up correctly.

There are two common methods for this to be done with purchased domains
- the most common by far is that you set the mail to be forwarded to
another address at the web site where you purchased the domain. this is
the 'quick & easy' method, most commonly used by cheap domain
resellers. If you don't have another suitable mail account, you can
always forward to a new, free gmail account.

If you have control of your own mail server (or if your domain host
provides one), you can set the MX records for the domain DNS to point
to the mail server. then, you need to set up the 'sending mail server'
and 'receiving mail server' addresses in the Entourage account settings
with those mail server addresses.

Not many of the cheap domain resellers will give specific Entourage
instructions, bu if you can find the address of the mail servers the
set up is fairly straight forward. They usually look like
'mail.servername.com' for the receiving mail server and
'smtp.servername.com' for the sending mail server, but there are many
other variants.

--
Barry Wainwright
Microsoft MVP

0
Barry_Wainwright_

Within domain mail going to Junk Email on some users?
Hi Everyone, I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook is. When certain users email others within our single domain, their mail goes directly to the recipient's junk email folder? Any thoughts as to why? No Rules are causing it that I can see... Thanks! On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:01:02 -0800, "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook >is. > >When certain users email others within our single domain, t...

How to: catch-all account and external domain forwarding
Any experience on doing the following: a) creating a recipient that receives all email with misspelled domain names. For example, a valid recepient name in my company is: joe.blow@mycomp.com An email is sent to joe@mycomp.com I'd like to capture this and send it to a dedicated "catch-all" email address (catchall@mycomp.com) that will be reviewed and messages forwarded accordingly. b) I have implemented forwarding using distribution groups. This works well when forwarding within my company's domain. I need to forward the email received by certain users to their personal emai...

Account list has incorrect amounts in MS 2004
Using Microsoft Money 2004, the dollar amounts on my "Account List" page do not match the dollar amounts on the individual account register. I saw this referenced as a problem over a year ago, but I never saw a resolution. I've tried the FileRepair, but that didn't work. Questions: How can I fix this? Is this a problem with the Money software or the file? If it's a problem with the money software, will the file work properly with MSM 2006? Thanks ...

Changed service account passwor
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6F10D.15890D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello I've got an old exchange 5.5 server running. I am in process of moving = to Exchange 2003. However I've still got keep this running for while. I had to change the service account password. I followed MS KB 157780 = article and was able to change the password successfully and everything = worked. Ever since I've changed the Exchange service account password, I keep = getting the foll...

New record in second form
I have two forms; Form 1 and Form 2. What I want to know is that is it possible to add a new record in Form 2 through Form 1, i.e. have a command button in Form 1 which when clicked will add a new record to Form 2? Thanks On Jun 29, 5:42 pm, AKphidelt <AKphid...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What do you mean by this? You want to add a new record to Form 2's recordset > or listbox or what? yes i want to add a new record to form 2's recordset On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:05:17 -0700, Asif <asifhashmani@hotmail.com> wrote: >On Jun 29, 5:42 pm, AKphidelt <AKp...

Moved Outlook Express folders to new machine, but cannot see them
Here's what I've done, copied all the .dbx folders from old machine to disk, copied them to desktop of new machine. Opened new account/ new Outlook Express on new machine. Then selected File, Import, Messages, chose OE 6, imported by browsing to the desktop folder I created..I've even received the message"YOUR DATA FROM MICROSOFT OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 WAS SUCCESSFULLY IMPORTED".. but I still cannot see them within OE.... I have also tried the move by physically copy & pasting the .dbx folders into the 'identities folder' and pointing the store to it and can't ...

Publisher 2000/Frontapge 2000
I have completed a clean installation of Win XP (complete with all updates to date). I have then installed parts of MS Office 2000 - Photodraw, Publisher and Frontpage - not included in MS Office 2003 Standard, together with any related office updates. I then installed MS Office 2003 Standard. Finally, I created user accounts with limited access for the kids. All parts of Office 2003, Publisher 2000 and Frontpage 2000 work fine in the administrator account. However, in the limited user account the system attempts to reinstall the software whenever I try to start Publisher or Fron...

Allow Exchange Access, not domain logon
I am an email administrator for a community college. We have several adjunct instructors that use only OWA to access their email. However, when we create the email account, they are also able to logon to any domain workstation. Does anyone know how to resrict a domain account to be able to access OWA, but not have permission to log into domain workstations? We have a Server 2003 domain with 2 DC's. Exchange 2003 is running on one DC (I know it is not the best config, but it can be helped at this time.) I have tried the "Log On To" settings in the users AD object, but it alw...

delivery errors to 1 domain
Here goes: When a message from an Exchange 2000 server in Domain A is sent to another Exchange server in Domain B, the message gets stuck in the retry state until NDR 4.4.7 is generated. However, if a 2nd message is sent to Domain B, the 1st message gets correctly deliveres while the 2nd one stays in the queue. The error in the queue properties is 'connection dropped by remote host'. I've seen this before when the issue was packet loss on the reply from the receiving server due to an incorrect MTU setting on the incoming firewall. That is not the case this time. Also...

Linking 2 separte company account in a GP system
Hi, I would like users to test out certain features of GP in a separate company account in the same Micosoft GP server. However, I do not want them to re-enter the same data to the exisitng company account (to save data entry time). I was wondering if there is a way I can update the one company account with data from another company account in the same GP system. Thks. 1.) Take note of the Registration keys for the mirror company (take note of the company name and regisration keys) (Tools -> Setup -> System -> Registration 2.) Backup the original, live database 3.) Restore t...

Item being recognized in multiple accounts
hello, I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction with this requirement. We are currently looking to implement a new Chart of Accounts in GP and one of the requirements is that an item can be recognized against multiple accounts depending on some parameters (departments, function) of how it's sold. In our current configuration all of our items just hit one account. To support this I see two approaches ... either we dynamically construct the account the item has to hit on input and override the accounts in the transaction or we have multiple versions of the sam...

New to CSingleLock
Hi all, I'm having trouble making sense of the documentation for CCriticalSection and CSingleLock. Things I don't understand: 1) Do I need a CSingleLock, or is CCriticalSection enough by itself? 2) Why do both classes have Lock() and Unlock() methods? 3) (Assuming I need CSingleLock...) Do I need to call CSingleLock::Lock() explicitly, or does just creating the CSingleLock object perform the lock? 4) Do I need to call CSingleLock::IsLocked() before entering the "critical" code sections, or will just acquiring the lock cause the necessary wait to happen? 5) Wha...

Cannot login a new user
I login GP as "sa" and create a newuser. When the new user tried to login GP and got "There isn't a valid login record on the server for the user ID and password you entered." I checked GP and SQL Server and the user is there. What can I do to solve the problem? Thanks. stien, Are you making sure that you log into GP with the user id as the same case? With 9.0, the user id/password is case sensitive. It could also be that you didn't grant access to the user to any companies in the User Company Access window but I don't think that's it as on initial log...

Add Custom Field to an Account
I am trying to add a custom field to an 'Account' and don't see it appearing after restarting IIS. Here's what I did: Clicked on Goto > Settings > Customization > Customize Entities > Account > Attributes > New (FYI this is a date field called Renewal Date). After saving and publishing, I then restarted IIS on the CRM box, but don;t see the new field in any part of the Account sections. Thoughts? Thanks You will have to go back to the view of the account and add that field to the form. You can test the view. If it looks ok, then you publish the chang...

Old attachments not opening
Hi, Hope you can help with this. Running Exchange 5.5 with SP4, on NT 4 with SP6a installed. Users can send and receive emails okay and can read any attachments that come in with new emails. But any attachments that are contained with any old emails. All users get 'unable to open attachment' error. Any ideas why that should be happening? It may be related to last week when we ran eseutil /p as the edb.log had been deleted by our AV software. Have since excluded all exchsrvr folders from being scanned. THe Store mounts okay as mentions above all Exchange services start okay, bu...

Duplicating an existing database to a new store
We have an existing installation of RMS in 1 store and been using it for a while. We just opened a new store and with RMS, and we want to copy the database of our first store into this new store installation. What files should I copy over to the new machine ? And is it necessary to use the import/export feature, or simply copy the database file ? Thank you, -- GCI You can backup the database of the first machine and then use that .bck file to create your new database on the second machine, then use SOAdministrator to delete the transaction history on the second machine after the dat...

CANNOT RECEIVE MAILS ON 2ND SMTP DOMAIN
Hi there all, I have created a 2nd smtp domain in Exchange 2003 thru Receipent policies and rebooted both front end and back end boxes. Sending mails internally to the new domain works like a breeze. However i cannot receive external mails to this new smtp domain. I have triple checked everything 2 be sure its okay. More so i used IIS Metabase explorer to view LM/SMTPSVC/1/Domain key and all two domains plus an * are listed there , making three keys under the domain key. Please someone kindly help out. All MX records have been done too. Kind regards <Yadasa@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Error Message 0x800CCC0E
Today, I downloaded some "critical updates" - one for IE 6.0, another for Office 2002 -- and suddenly, I am unable to connect to any of my HTTP accounts in Outlook 2002. I have deleted and re-established the accounts, shut computer down and then back on, shut down my cable modem connection for a minute then back on, etc. What's more confusing, I can access all these accounts directly through the web - e.g. my web connection is fine. I'm guessing it's a problem with the mail server or the Outlook client, but don't understand why it suddenly happened nor how to fix. ...

How to: consolidate separate sales/cogs accounts on income statement
Hello, I=92m just learning GP and don=92t know everything about it yet but I=92m trying to learn. My question is regarding consolidating separate sales/cogs accounts on an income statement. Let=92s say I=92m opening a book store and I=92d like to setup my item classes to represent different categories of books. For example, computer books, romance novels, magazines, etc. So in my item class setup I=92d like to have separate sales and cogs distribution accounts, i.e. sales computer books / cogs computer books, sales romance novels / cogs romance novels, etc. This way I can track my margins p...

CRM 3.0
I am trying to use the Cases section of the CRM and have a couple of "how do you do it" questions. In general and prior to using the MSCRM, when our customers call for support our receptionist takes the call and sends out a emal to a distribution list which has all our techs in it which they receive on their BlackBerry's. From there, one of them will take the issue. I'd like to use the same process (or a better one if someone wants to recommend something) for the cases section of the CRM it do the same thing. So, How do other people who use the CRM Case section h...

Is there an easy way to convert a contact an account?
I just stated configuring CRM 1.2. I imported my contacts from outlook. Many of the Outlook contacts are actually the information I want for an account including the company name, address, main phone number, corporate website and email address. I have been manually creating an account record, and cutting and pasting the address and other information from the most complete contact for the company. This seems to be something that I should be able to do by just pushing a button, or running an import? Bill Walter If you import them as leads, then you can convert them to accounts. Mike &quo...

Global Customer Accounts don't reach other stores
Hi, Our Global Customer accounts created at Store A seemed to have stopped reaching Store B. We can see them in HQ, but they don't seem to be getting downloaded to the other store. Client is running. Not sure what's going on. Help! -- Thanks, Pete ...

Import of accounts fails
Got a bit of a strange situation. I am trying to import new account. This fails with the error: "Data in row did not match the import type", error code 0x8004032d. I checked the Microsoft site checked the Microsoft site http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/troubleshooting/tsbulkimport.mspx .. Here they say it is realted to importing look up fields. Situation is, that I am not importing lookup fields. I have two environments: a live environment (without the latest modifcations) and a test environment (with modifcations). The new accounts that need to be imported, have...

New command missing from command list in "Customize"
I had added the news command to the Standard toolbar by accident. When I reset the standard toolbar, the new button disappeared from the bar, however, it is no longer available in the list of commands (for any category) in the "Customize" dialog any more either. How can I get this back or find it?? Any help appreciated. -- Lindsey Correction "News" button/command. "Lindsey" wrote: > I had added the news command to the Standard toolbar by accident. When I > reset the standard toolbar, the new button disappeared from the bar, however, > it is ...

how to replace the "new" and "delete" operator funtion define in mfc.
I am trying to overload the global new and delelte operator function in order to use my own memory allocation mechanism.Every time i do it smoothly until i get to a MFC project. The problem is that there are already a set of new and delete operator function defined in afxmem.cpp of MFC. While i'm trying to replace them with my own,the new operator call the MFC's operator new function and call my operator delete function.This is a surelost. How can i replace them completely? Booker, Best regards. It is strongly recommended that you do not overload operator new/delete....