Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC
Email Client: imap

Greetings! <br>
Thanks <br>
zurinow
0
zurinow

(zurinow edited this message for clarity) <br>
Greetings! <br>
Thanks <br>
zurinow
0
zurinow
2/6/2010 3:02:27 PM
On 2/6/10 7:02 AM, in article 59bb25a0.0@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"zurinow@officeformac.com" <zurinow@officeformac.com> wrote:

> My Inbox has 142+ messages. (I just started new Entourage mail accounts,
> imported mail from previous Squirrel Mail accounts, and didn't know about
> Entourage storage limits.) Entourage is now moving sloooowly, takes forever to
> delete a message, download messages, and now the send button will not even
> highlight for me to send a replied to message.
>
> To remedy this lethargy, I now want to move those 142+ messages to a folder on
> my hard drive and then delete the messages from my Entourage mailboxes. How do
> I do this?

Entourage can store thousands of messages in folders. I suspect there is
something else at play here to cause the slowdowns. Have you checked free
space on your drive? How much RAM do you have installed?

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/performance2.html>

You can drag a folder to the desktop and it will create an .MBOX file.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane
2/6/2010 9:50:20 PM
Whew! <br>
I followed your advice and I ran a diagnostic program on my computer, shut it down, rebooted, and now several Entourage problems that I was having are remedied. <br>
zurinow
0
zurinow

Password error when e-mailing a spreadsheet.
I receive this error when attempting to e-mail a spreadsheet (by clicking 'Send this sheet' in Excel): "A sheet in the workbook you are trying to save is password protected. Password protected sheets cannot be saved in the HTML format. To save this file in HTML, you must first remove the password." Is there a workaround or solution for this error that will allow me to e-mail a password protected spreadsheet from within Excel? Thank you. Send it as an attachment, but send it as a *.xls file--a real workbook???? swellett wrote: > > I receive this error when at...

DL's from "Personal Folders" empty after moving them to Exchange "Contacts"
Hey everyone, We were running a Linux (PostFix) mail server where everyone was using POP3 and a .pst file to view their email. They were using Outlook 2000 as the client. We are moving to Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Our DCs are Windows 2003 too. Here's the problem: After we convert a user we move all of their data from their .pst file up to the server. After we do that, we see that their DLs on the server side are now empty! Anyone know what is going on? Any white papers? Thanks for any and all help. Clayton Clayton Sutton wrote: > Hey everyone, &...

How to stop flooding on e-mail accounts
What product should I use if I want to eliminate, for example, the possibility of a hacker hit one of my users with thousands of e-mails until his mailbox is full ? I have Symantec AVF3.0. Its worth having a quick chat with your ISP as they may have something to help. >-----Original Message----- >What product should I use if I want to eliminate, for example, the >possibility of a hacker hit one of my users with thousands of e-mails until >his mailbox is full ? I have Symantec AVF3.0. > > >. > Marlon, Try Spam Marshall (http://www.spammarshall.com). Besides fil...

E-mail duplicates
Hi, how can I remove more than thousand e-mail duplicates easily? (freeware plugin) Thank in advance: luupocok@hotmail.com select them and hit the delete key. real easy. "LuuPocok" <luupocok@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23$fE7eTmFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > how can I remove more than thousand e-mail duplicates easily? > (freeware plugin) > > Thank in advance: > luupocok@hotmail.com > > I would have do this for years... 1170 email duplicates "Jack Handey" <nothere@overthere.com> wrote in message news:...

my e-mail dose not work in office 2007
i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on it nothing happens do i have to activate it "glo" <glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3ED581-F3ED-4C6A-9048-893EC1F57761@microsoft.com... >i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on >it > nothing happens do i have to activate it And your email client is? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) See if your mail p...

Multiple users one pop account
I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem. The client has a 2 pop mail accounts on the system. One account is personal. The other is shared and multiple users access the mail from that account. In order to ensure that all users are able to retrieve that mail, the shared account is configured to leave mail on the server and then after 10 days it is pulled from the server. The problem is that out of the 4 people who share that pop mail account (from different computers), one of them is getting duplicates for mail that has already been retrieved by that system? (not all the time, just once a...

Using the mail merge function from excell
Is there a way of using the mail merge function in word to set up a three column format of names and addresses. I need to do this without using the "label" format - as I need it in word domument format in order to be able to add and make changes in word. Thanks Sheila You may want to look into storing your data in excel (already has nice columns and rows) and using MSWord's builtin MailMerge to create the labels. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from Davi...

CRM mail router marking e-mails as read
Hello all I have a couple of questions regarding the CRM E-mail router for V3 Incoming emails into Outlook (with CRM desktop client) are getting marked as read before they actually are. Is this by design? Is so, is there a config setting somewhere that can change this behavior Andy comments or suggestions would gratefully received I assume the outlook client has the rules applied for the exchange connector. The action of sending the mail to the crm exchange sync mailbox appears to mark the email as read -- ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery...

Problems Getting a Field to Work in a New Mail Message form
I have Outlook 2000 SR-1 using IMO (Internet Mail Only - not Exchange Server). Does anyone know of a way to make sure the From: field appears in a new mail message? For reasons too lengthy to get into, it would be very helpful for me to see the From: field (with my default email address already filled in, of course) as well as they typical To:, CC: and Subject: fields when composing a new email. I did try to create a new form (Tools >Forms >Design a Form >Message) but when I used it, the default email address did not appear. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Sangrateo SangrateoATanonymo...

spamming mail
Hello, I am having a problem with a lot of spamming mail coming through my Exchange server that cauuses on the email files. Thanks for your help Roy Use a spam filtering software. Spam Marshall - http://www.spammarshall.com (Free and very good) ORF - http://www.vamsoft.com (Cheap but works only with RBL servers) BrightMail - http://www.brightmail.com (Expensive but very good) Sophos - http://www.sophos.com (Expensive but very good) "Roy A." wrote: > Hello, > > I am having a problem with a lot of spamming mail coming > through my Exchange server that cauuses on ...

Copying Mail and Contacts but can't export
I had to reinstall my OS due to new chipset on my computer (new motherboard :>) anyways my old mail which I had saved in the drafts folder as well as my addressbook can not be accessed? I should have exported them before I installed the new motherboard but I did not think my os would need reinstalling. Anyways is there a way to find the specific files containing the mail and addressbook and import them into the outlook. I have outlook 2002 installed. Thanks All of your Outlook data is stored in a file with a .PST extension. Search your drive for all .PST files. If you're u...

Can't e-mail from Word 2000 using Outlook 2002/XP
After "upgrading" Outlook 2000 SP-1 to Outlook 2002, I can't create a Word letter from within Outlook or send a file to a recipient from within Word. When I try to create a letter from within Outlook, I get the error "To use this feature you must install the version of Microsoft Word that matches the installed version of Microsoft Outlook". I've tried The Outlook 2002 "repair", and even uninstalled it and re-installed Outlook 2000 SP-1. In that configuration, the software worked fine. But when I "upgraded" again to Outlook 2002, it was br...

Require approval of out-going e-mail messages
I am looking for a way to provide Exchange 2003 users outbound e-mail, but to configure it so that it cannot leave the server until it has been approved by another party. My client wants to read, and approve, all outbound e-mail from their server. I know that something like this exists for placing appointments on a shared calendar. In that situation, the moderator must approve the appointment before it can be added to the calendar. I am looking for something similar for outbound e-mail. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks, --David If you use a smart relay host at the gateway, you...

Live Mail 05-05-10
I just updated my windows mail to windows live mail. Some how it deletes some messages before going into inbox. For example, an email from my sister with a doc attachment showed in unread mail folder and then disappeared. Same thing with an email from my bank that had no attachment. I have set up the view to show all. I am operating in vista home premium 32 bit. As I do not know how to setup live mail forum, I am posting here. I am confident that there will be help available here. -- Best Regards Noor Motani I see that you were able to post to the Windows Mail newsgroup=2...

Outlook Express won't send mail (sometimes)
I have recently begun to get the following error message when sending mail. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to be a hassle: Error Mail could not be sent to account "account name" Explanation sorry, you have not authenticated for relay and <recipient's email address> is not a local address. (#5.7.1) We have recently changed our POP servers, and this is the only computer that is having the problem. As far as I can tell, everything is set up correctly Microsoft Outlook Express 5 Macintosh Edition version 5.0.6 on Mac OS 9.2.2. Thank you in advanc...

Carlos moving to Carlos Atashian
If "the day after" this web interface dies, I'll be posting via news.eternal-september.org using my Name+Last Name. Carlos (Atashian) Heaven forbid we lose Carlos!!! "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42AABEA4-169A-4CB0-965B-CE13C0D417AD@microsoft.com... > If "the day after" this web interface dies, I'll be posting via > news.eternal-september.org using my Name+Last Name. > Carlos (Atashian) and now posting through live mail and eternal september "Drew" <Aylen1957@invalid.nospa...

Moving average trend line
When graphing, does a moving average trend line give equal weight to all data within the trend period (30 days in my case) or does the more recent data have greater weight (significance)? If the latter, do you know the weighting function? Thanks, Don Culp no weighting is done. Don Culp wrote: > When graphing, does a moving average trend line give equal weight to all > data within the trend period (30 days in my case) or does the more recent > data have greater weight (significance)? If the latter, do you know the > weighting function? > > Thanks, > Don Culp ...

Junk Mail
I have clients that have been in my contact list for years that are now going into my junk mail. I have added them to my safe sender list and my safe sender domain list several times, but they keep going into my junk mail. Any ideas? Tools | Junk E-mail Options | Blocked Senders. Have you removed them from that list? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kokopelli" <Kokopelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE0CDB48-540B-4D90-BC01-311138C256FD@microsoft.com... >I have clients that have been in my c...

Recommendations on Front end mail secuity
Can anyone give me their thoughts on the best appliance based anti-spam, anti-virus, anti-spoofing and phishing equipment out there? I currently use Tumbleweed Mailgate, but was wondering if there were any positive experiences with other products out there, such as Symantec, Barracuda, etc, etc. Thanks!! I recently purchased the Barracuda 400. It blocks a boat load of spam although I did blacklist all of the Asian Pacific Network and RIPE manually. As I have gotten used to it's interface, I'd say it's pretty easy to use. One of my counterparts near by asked me to sh...

Disable Recovered Mail function
How do I disable the Recovered Message function? I have tried most of the fixes suggested in other threads, but it keeps coming back each time I open WinMail. Easiest fix for that: Upgrade to Windows Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Trw6142" <Trw6142@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:1845A3B6-A9F4-45BC-BADF-A04A2F2CF03F@microsoft.com... > How do I disable the Recovered Message function? I have tried most of = the...

Cannot receive mail from one person
We have one email account named "test" that some are not able to receive from. I'm using IMAP for my mail and the messages come through fine. However POP3 clients are having limited success. I've checked the server logs, it shows that the clients logged in and retreieved the messages, however it never shows up in their inbox. I've turned on logging in Outlook in one of the problem clients and it shows that the mail was received, but we can't find it anywhere. Is this some new Microsoft mail rule causing this or ??? Thanks, Benjamin Jennings .....

Sybari Antigen ASM Junk Mail Folder
We have just turned on the Sybrari Antigen ASM Junk Mail filter for our Outlook clients on our Exchange 2000 server (Sybari is version 8.0) running on a Windows 2000 SP4 server. We are running IIS 5.0 on the same server in the default location of C:\Inetpub\wwwroot for OWA. When you try to access the new folder in Outlook you get the following message. Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: ...

can you move icons on the quick access toolbar
When you add a new command it is placed at the end of the list. I like to group similar commands together. How do you do this? If you go into the QAT editor, that is by selecting More Commands... from the options when you click the little dropdown arrow at the end of the QAT, you get a dialog that allows you to move items up and down. -- HTH Bob "Kathryn211" <Kathryn211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC709D50-F0BF-4602-A428-7A1F8BB3213A@microsoft.com... > When you add a new command it is placed at the end of the list. I like to >...

Move information from exchange server running different domain to
Hello My company has recently bought a new business. The users of the running were using outlook.They want to keep all the information that including contacts, calendar, mail. I have created accounts for all of them in my AD and also mailboxes. What is the best way to move all their info into my exchange server. I ma running a different domain and the other company was running a diff domain. They will have new email ID"S from my company. In news:8AA1C3FC-9829-4AEC-80C4-30C9840CA91C@microsoft.com, KPM <KPM@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hello > > My company has r...

probleme pour envoyer certain mail
Bonjour, Je rencontre un probleme sur certain mail qui restent dans la boite d'envois d'outlook XP. Ce probleme se produits la plus part du temps lorsque le mail comporte des pieces jointes. Comment puis je faire pour remedier a mon probleme ? Merci de votre aide ; Francois. Bonjour fchiausa -- essai microsoft.public.fr.outlook. Bonne chance! -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:ebde804e.0404190723.2740456e@posting.google.com, fchiausa wrote...