Migrating folders and mail from Entourage to Apple Mail

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

0
Sfite

On 1/12/10 4:58 PM, Sfite@officeformac.com wrote:
> I am trying to move folders and their contents from Entourage to
> Apple Mail. I already set up the exchange account on mail and had
> previously used the Import Mailboxes feature to move my POP account
> folders and content. When running that Import Mailboxes utility it
> does not recognize any of the folders for the Exchange account.
>
> I did go back and delete the POP account to see if leaving only the
> Exchange account would work. I even shut down the computer and
> restarted it to see if that would help but it did not.
>
> The objective is to transfer my folders and there contents from
> Entourage to Apple Mail.

I'm not familiar with how Apple's Mail application imports from
Entourage, however, it probably is designed to ignore Exchange accounts
because those can be set up in Mail and all your folders will appear. No
need to import them.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William

Cannot move emails between folders

outlook not senfing mail
i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. thank you any error messages? a bernstein ����: > i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was > fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. > > thank you ...

Sending a workbook as a mail attachment
Hey Folks, Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather then having the reps remember to send the workbook i'd like to have it send itself automatically - say on Saturdays or Sundays. Ideas? Nel post news:1165167749.298713.321880@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com *Gord* ha scritto: > Hey Folks, > > Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an > time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather > then having the reps remember to send the wor...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

I deleted my Public Folder under IIS By Mistake
I have deleted my Public Folder Virtual Folder in the IIS Manager by Mistake How can I re-create this so that users can use the Public Folders through OWA again Any help Cheers, You have a back up strategy every night right? If so copy it from the back up, if not, you need to have all of yoru databases log files. try this; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313184 ...

Ex5.5 to Ex2003 intra org migration
Hi I have migrated from E5.5 to E2003 intra-Org migration and chose the option SID migration via ADMT during migration . I 've notice that both source domain and target domain accounts have been added to mailbox and public folder resources which doesn't appear to be a problem at the moment. However in the near future when I do decide to remove the source domain would I be left with "zombie" source domain accounts??? In addition, granted that I chose to migrate SID history what will be the result when the source Doman is remove. Will there be any performance impact ??...

Hyperlnk to a cd-rom folder
How but a exel file that has hyper links to the folders on that cd rom with out naming a drive letter since everyone has a different drive letter for their cd rom??? Thanks The excel workbook is stored on that same CD? If yes, this worked ok for me in xl2002 and using my harddrive (not CDROM). File|properties Hyperlink Base: \ (just the backslash) Then I could insert hyperlinks via Insert|Hyperlink and just leave the drive letter off. If the workbook is not on the same cd, you could have a file on the cd to look for, search the CDdrives and determine the drive letter. Then have your mac...

Autosave mail sent from delegated mailbox
I'd like to autosave all mail sent from User Xs mailbox in his inbox. His mailbox inbox is available to three different users who all have it added to their Exchange account. This way I'm able to auto-create readable conversations in his inbox and all users can see which mail have been replied to from this mailbox and what the reply was. best You would have to write an event sink. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA61E72C-9405-4BF...

Outlook 2003 E-mail Preview before receiving
I currently use an E-mail client called GoldMine that allows me to preview e-mail sent to me on the server before actually downloading/receiving it to my computer. I find this extremely beneficial in weeding out the junk/unsolicited and potentially virus-infected e-mail. Is it possible to do this with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003? When selecting send/receive , it appears the only option option is to actually download/receive the message to be able to view it. If you are aware as to how I may be able to preview first without downloading, please provide instructions on how to achi...

tasks entered in taskpad don't appear in task folder
All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong expectation? OL98/WinXP John Keith kd0gd@juno.com What view are you using on your Tasks folder? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "John Keith" <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote in message = news:6grrm0hkagessu2ecc0bj81pc41aarq39r@4ax.com... | All of the tasks that I have...

List folders to file

Outlook xp Offline folders vs O2k3 Cached Exchange mode
I recently upgraded a group of executives from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. I used the "upgrade" option. I also installed O2K3 SP1. They all have laptops and use offline folders. Several have had various offline folder issues since the upgrade. Is there something I need to configure in order for them to continue to use their offline folders? or Does Cached Exchange mode replace Offline folders? Are there known issues with the upgrade and offline folders? I'm not sure what to look for. Thanks in advance for your time! techguyasap <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

"Organizational folder": 'new' menu is not available
I am following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244591 and I try to create an organization folder. I go to my "Public FOlder", click "System folder". I see EFORMS listed there. I right click the option and I don't see the option "new". What's wrong ? Exch 2000SP3. ...

Migrating E5.5/NT4 to E2003/W2K
I am going to be migrating E5.5 to E2003 very soon Can anyone please give me tips as I would like to avoid as many probs a possible. I can use the same IP, Domain name etc Thanks in Advance Hi, Done a few of those You could do an in-place upgrade but you must be absolutely sure about your backups. For me, the easiest (and probably safest) way is to do a new installation of 2003 and run the two systems in parralel until all users have been migrated to the new system before shutting down the old system. I short: Suppose you have alias@demo.com as your current e-mail domain: 1. Create a...

Unread mail not showing up in Inbox
Hi, My Unread folder in located the "Favorite Folders" section in Outlook shows that I have more unread mail than I can see in my Inbox. My Inbox is normally sorted by "Received" so I can see the most recent emails as then arrive. If I change it so that it is sorted by the "From" column, I can see all the emails in the Inbox that are appearing in the Unread folder. It is strange that they don't appear using "Received" though. Emails that fall under any rules are not affected by this so rules are irrelevant in this case I suppose. Also, some additio...

Flagging in Public Folders
My client has several users wanting to see the same message store. I implemented a public folder. Trouble is.... messages/posts cannot be flagged for later inspection. Any ideas? Simon Beresford, MCP IT Support Engineer Expert Systems Ltd e: sberesford@expertsystems.co.uk w: www.expertsystems.co.uk t: +44(0)870 4296181 f: +44(0)870 4296182 the Total IT Service what version of outlook and exchange and why can't they flag them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...

Exchange 2007 Mailbox Folder information not updating
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am using Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition in an Exchange 2007 SP1 UR4 environment. I have only been using the Web Services Edition for about a week and prior to that I was using the regular Entourage 2008 client for four months. In any case, the problem I am about to describe occurs in both versions of Entourage 2008. <br><br>Recently my employer's executive group decided to implement Managed Folder Policies to assist in controlling mailbox size. I was the first to...

Mail to No. of users
Hi I our organization we are having Exchange 2003. We are facing one small problem that whenever user tries to send a mail to multiple user (especially multiple distribution groups)he recives following error message from administrator. The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. <Exchange.test.com #5.5.3> Where i can found this setting so i can get rid of this limit... Please help Cheers Taj go to exchange -globle setting - message deliver and right click and proper...

Public Folder acces right for user from other domain
Hi, I need to make a public folder accesible for users drom another domain. I have read that this can be done by configuring the folder as a publicly available newsgroup but how do I do this? Mario ...

Outlook 2003 duplicate mails
Can anyone please tell me why I am receiving four of every mail that is coming into my inbox in Outlook 2003. I have XP Home Edition. Thanks carol Possibly you have an Antivirus program that is integrated with outlook, uninstall that AV, reboot your PC, reinstall the AV without the outlook integration "carolnpete" <cnp@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:AA0864DD-A340-484C-B20F-6BFC6C228553@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please tell me why I am receiving four of every mail that is > coming into my inbox in Outlook 2003. I have XP Home Edition. > Than...

Public folders
Hey, I had made a public folder in system manager on my Exchange 2003 server. BUT I wan't the users to only see calender and nothing else - but I don't know how to do ?? Is there Anyone who can help ? Regards -- .. U�ytkownik "DKjean" <DKjean@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:62106717-0AA3-4F2E-9CA1-7C42267F2208@microsoft.com... > Hey, > > I had made a public folder in system manager on my Exchange 2003 > server. > BUT I wan't the users to only see calender and nothing else - but I > don't > know how to do ?? &...

Outllok XP not sending sent emails to sent item folder?
Not sure what happened, but all of a sudden my Outlook XP (2002) no longer sends my sent email messages to the sent items folder. After I send a message and go to my sent items folder to view it...it's not anywhere to be found. How can I get things the way they were when I could find messages I sent later (in my sent items folder)??? Thanks in advance.... ...

fax machine email to Public folder Exch2000
We have a fax that will email. Curently it will email to a particular user email account. We wish it to email to a public folder How do you do this? Thanks Bob Make sure the public folder is mail-enabled, and that "anonymous" has at least "contributor" rights. Bob wrote: > We have a fax that will email. > Curently it will email to a particular user email account. > We wish it to email to a public folder > > How do you do this? > > Thanks > > Bob ...

GMail IMAP with Entourage
I have Entourage on an iMac and a MacBook Pro. Is there any way for "read" messages to be synced? By this, I mean, if I read an IMAP message in GMail from one computer or my iPhone, can it be marked as read on the other? Apple Mail does this, but I would love to see it work this way in Entourage. Maybe I am missing something? Thanks! On Nov 30, 5:06=A0pm, crash89 <patrick.cradd...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have Entourage on an iMac and a MacBook Pro. Is there any way for > "read" messages to be synced? By this, I mean, if I read an IMAP > message in GMa...