Message status icons and their meanings

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Where can I view a complete listing of message status icons and their meanings? I don't seem to be able to find it in help. Thanks.
0
Throski

<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:11pt'>Open Entourage Help under Help in the Menu bar.<BR>
<BR>
Type in Symbols in Entourage<BR>
<BR>
Click on Message list icons<BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
Diane </SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
0
rain_gal
11/24/2009 1:51:14 AM
Thanks! Welcome back!
0
Throski
11/24/2009 4:25:45 AM
But, wait, I'm using Entourage 2008. I don't see Message list icons when I type Symbols in Entourage into a Microsoft Entourage Help search field.
0
Throski
11/24/2009 5:31:46 AM
<FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:11pt'>On 11/23/09 9:31 PM, in article <a href="59bac05f.2@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">59bac05f.2@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href="Throski@officeformac.com">Throski@officeformac.com</a>&quot; <<a href="Throski@officeformac.com">Throski@officeformac.com</a>> wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:11pt'>But, wait, I'm using Entourage 2008. I don't see Message list icons when I type Symbols in Entourage into a Microsoft Entourage Help search field.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:11pt'><BR>
It&#8217;s not there for 04, but you can see most of them here:<BR>
<BR>
<<a href="http://www.entourage.mvps.org/glossary/symbols.html">http://www.entourage.mvps.org/glossary/symbols.html</a>><BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP<BR>
Entourage Help Page &nbsp;&nbsp;<<a href="http://">http://</a>www.entourage.mvps.org/><BR>
Entourage Help Blog &nbsp;<<a href="http://">http://</a>blog.entourage.mvps.org/><BR>
Follow us on twitter <<a href="https://twitter.com/entouragehelp">https://twitter.com/entouragehelp</a>> &nbsp;<BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
0
rain_gal

Archiving all messages in Exchange 2003 ? #2
I have enabled archiving of all messages in/out of the store in exchange 2003. However only the outgoing mails seem to appear in the designated public folder. Does anybody know why this is ?? Thanks in advance, Gary ...

Outlook 2003: How Can I Leave Messages on the Server
I am using Outlook from MS Office 2003 Professional under Windows XP Home Edition. I need to download email messages from an MS Exchange Server, but leave the original message on the server for later access from a different computer. I've spent some hours on this, some calls to help desks, and tried some things, but nothing has worked. Thanks for your help, Paul tools, options, change email options... lower left if the dialog - do you have delivery set to the mailbox or to a personal folder? Change it to the mailbox. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself O...

Undeliverable messages
Using Exchange 5.5 SP4. What are the messages that appear in the out queue under the originator field have <> instead of a user name? Thanks "BobT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Exchange 5.5 SP4. What are the messages that appear >in the out queue under the originator field have <> >instead of a user name? Thanks They are Delivery Service Notificatons (DSN's). Of all the DSN's the most popular is the Non-Delivery Report (NDR). NDR's are sent whenevery your server accepts a message and then discovers that it cann...

This message uses a character set.....?
Some users have been complaining about this e-mail. I have no idea what it means but every once in a while, someone in the office will get this. This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet Service. To view the original message content, open the attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display the original character set. Any help is appreciated. It means exactly what it says. You dont have the correct character sets installed to view the message ( it could be in Chinese ...

intelligent message filter moving everything to junk mail
i recently upgraded to exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 server and installed the intelligent message filter. no matter what i set the scl rating threshold for gateway blocking or store junk email configuration (in global settings/message delivery), every message that is sent from an external source gets automatically dumped into the junk e-mail folder in outlook. but when a message is sent from the same exchange box to another user on the same exchange, its fine. i also installed a utility that views the archived messages, but that utility shows a blank SCL rating. maybe thats why its ending ...

Where can I get more toolbar icons?
I want to assign a macro to a custom toolbar button. When I click Toolbars>Options>Customise>Commands>Macros I only get on custom button available (a yellow smiley face) How can I get a selection of buttons to choose from which I can add t my "personal.xls" workbook and assign various macros to? Any help would be appreciate -- peter_ac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- peter_act's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1459 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26225...

Importing Excel Data
I'm receiving the following error message when I try to import a MS Excel 2007 file into Access 2007 (into a new table): The search key not found on any record. Then it tells me the file will not be imported. I've looked at the Excel file and don't see anything wrong with it -- any suggestions? Thanks! -- Jen Scott Look here: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-92702.html Seems to be related to indexes. Regards Kevin "Jen Scott" <JenScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56037922-D70F-41...

delete messages by subject on specific nformation store
We are a K12 school. We are running Ex2k3 on W2k3. We have an anti-spam solution in place that sucessfully tags the subject of spam messages as 'SUSPECT'. We have all staff mailboxes in one information store and student mailboxes in another. We want to have SUSPECT mail delivered (for review) when addressed to a mailbox in the staff information store but deleted when addressed to a mailbox in the student information store (to stop the students receiving offensive mail - even if it has been flagged as SUSPECT). I know we could create a rule on every student mailbox- but we have 1600 ...

Error Message #2
I loaded an Excel file (.xls) on another computer. The file will open correctly from within Excel 97 but produces an error message if opened by double clicking the file (via shortcut), which is the preferred method .. When Excel starts and opens the file an error message appears: "A document with the name [file name given] is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that is currently open, or rename one of the documents." On clicking the OK button the f...

How to recalculate message size?
Please help... How do you get Outlook to "recalculate" message size? Example: original message has only 2K worth of text plus a large attachment file, which stores as 1MB. Then large attachment is deleted, but message still stores as 1MB instead of original 2K. "jett" <jettfree@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:08c701c366b5$f4e52ec0$a101280a@phx.gbl > Please help... How do you get Outlook to "recalculate" > message size? Example: original message has only 2K > worth of text plus a large attachment file, which stores > as 1MB. Then large...

message tracking log format
We are about ready to upgrade from E2k to E2k03. Yes, we know E2k07 is out but we aren't ready to go there yet :) We use the message tracking log to generate some internal security reports. We've noticed a change in some of the data. In Exchange 2000, the log showed the sender or recipient in standard smtp format user@domain In Exchange 2003, it appears that sometimes it shows in an LDAP DN format. So my questions are: 1) is that a configurable option? 2) if not, can someone explain, or point to a KB article, that explains the entries? What is confusing us is the "sometim...

What happens to incoming messages when exchange is down?
Our Exchange server recently went down. We have an individual who was expecting a critical email when this happened. What happens to all incoming messages that cannot be received during this time? Are the queued to retry delivery by their originating mail servers based on the individual server settings? Depends :-) If there are no other MX records, then yes, the sending server queues them and will then retry delivery until they are either delivered, or time out (typically 2 days). If you have additional MX records in place that are lower priority, those MX records will be tried...

missing email messages
I get my incoming emails, open them to read them, and they disappear when I close them. Where are they going? What is set wrong to cause this? Do you have any view set on your in-box, such as unread messages? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: ls <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I get my incoming emails, open them to read them, and | they disappear when I close them. Where are they going? | What is set wrong to cause this...

Error message when import to Excel
Last week, we updated the windows 2000 with SP4 and RPC upgrade. Now I found the some errors happened when we import/generate data into Excel from some applications, that is "RPC server is unavailable". This caused that we can not get the excel file. ...

Strange System Admin messages
I'm the Exchange Admin for my company. I'm getting quite a few strange messages inteneded for System Administrator. Like this: Undeliverable: Your password has been successfully updated Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Your password has been successfully updated Sent: 10/29/2006 10:22 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: joeblow@mydomain.com on 10/29/2006 10:30 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to fi...

Error Code 80041A01 Meaning
I'm receiving this error when I attempt to set a pricelevelid during the creation of a product: ErrorCode: 80041A01 A field that is not valid for create was specified. I am certain the correct GUID is being passed in the xml representation of the product. Does this error mean that we are not permited to set price levels during creation? Or is something else wrong? Thanks, Justin Examine the XSD in the SDK for the object you are trying to create. For each field that is invalid for create, check your XML to see if that field is included. If it is remove the field and use an alternat...

Attaching Email Notes to a Message
I want to reply to a message and also attach another Email message(s). Does anyone know how to do that? >-----Original Message----- >I want to reply to a message and also attach another >Email message(s). Does anyone know how to do that? >. > There are two ways you can do this. One is to reply to the message and copy paste the other email into your reply email; or two, take the old email that you want to attach, and forward it to the sender and reply that way. ...

Auto Update error message (constant)
I have Money 2006 Deluxe and have encountered two problems: 1. For more than a week a red <!> icon appears at the upper right of the screen where updates are posted, and clicking on it indicated that, under the MSN Money Synchronization section, "your last call encountered an error" and that "updates are temporarily unavailable." Does this hinder any Money functions? How can it be corrected? I visited MSN Money's web site and didn't see any wrong settings. 2. When I first downloaded this new version of Money, a window popped up at sign-up offering the f...

Importing messages and duplicates
Hello all, I have a problem with duplicate email messages that are cluttering my outlook folders. This is because of numerous iports from differnet PCs. Is there a way to remove duplicates from folders? Azm ...

unread mail message #2

user define message error! #2
Hi! I created a SDI app and I want to show a dialog after creating SDI, therefore I defined an user define message #define WMU_STARTUP (WM_APP+10) and call it from CSDIView::OnInitUpdate() with PostMessage(WM_STARTUP). In debug version it work correctly but in release version it generates an Application Error after close the program. what's the problem? Thankx ...

Blank characters when editing message to forward
When editing the main text body on an e-mail being forwarded, Outlook 2002 inserts a blank characterin front of each alteration. This then has to be removed manually by the recipient. How can I stop this happening. Thanks ...

Problem downloading messages from new account
Hi I have 2 accounts already set up on Windows live and they are fine. I have just added a new IMAP account which said was successful but when I try to download the messages I get the error message: Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on your system. What does this mean. I have lots of memory on my system - where do I start looking for clues? Thanks Tina Are the other 2 accounts also IMAP with the same mail service? With some mail services (e.g. Gmail) you have to enable IMAP for th...

Error Messages #2
Hi I hope you can help... I am using vlookup functions and as we know if it can't find a value i returns a cell value of #N/A. However the result of the lookup is used to calculate another part o the worksheet. So if there is an error #N/A I want it to appear in th spreadsheet either as a blank cell or as a value of 0. Is this possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(....),0,VLOOKUP(...)) HTH Frank > Hi I hope you can help... > > I am using vlookup functions and as we know if it can't find a value > it returns a cell value...

Please Help With Message Delivery Issues.
I work for a not for profit organization. We have a somewhat complicated environment. Here is a brief explanation of our environment. I am sorry this is going to be a long story. I work for an organization that has affiliated organizations throughout the world. Most of the locations use Exchange for messaging. I am based in Atlanta USA (we have Exchange 2K3 & Exchange 5.5). We have an affiliated location in Europe which also have E2K3 & Exchange 5.5. On top of that there are other affiliated locations in Australia, Africa and Latin America. The location in Australia is only runn...