Mail deleted automatically

--B_3352355780_9607523

We have Exchange 2003 on the backend and Entourage on the client side.
Recently two of our users reported mail that had suddenly disappeared from
their Inboxes. In one case over 1000 mails. The batch of mails that were
suddenly missing were not in the deleted items folder (although there were
other deleted items there) but were found on the Exchange server where the
retention periods hold them.

Both users mail were deleted at the same time, both users did not delete the
mails manually. The items that disappeared were not in the Deleted items
folder and could only be recovered by using the recovery tool on a machine
using Microsoft Outlook.

I am stumped.. Bug, virus, malware, hacked?

Any help appreciated

--B_3352355780_9607523

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Mail deleted automatically</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt=
'>We have Exchange 2003 on the backend and Entourage on the client side. Rec=
ently two of our users reported mail that had suddenly disappeared from thei=
r Inboxes. In one case over 1000 mails. The batch of mails that were suddenl=
y missing were not in the deleted items folder (although there were other de=
leted items there) but were found on the Exchange server where the retention=
 periods hold them.<BR>
<BR>
Both users mail were deleted at the same time, both users did not delete th=
e mails manually. The items that disappeared were not in the Deleted items f=
older and could only be recovered by using the recovery tool on a machine us=
ing Microsoft Outlook. <BR>
<BR>
I am stumped.. Bug, virus, malware, hacked?<BR>
<BR>
Any help appreciated</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3352355780_9607523--

0
Isaac

On 2010-03-25 05:56:16 -0400, Isaac de Abreu said:

> I am stumped.. Bug, virus, malware, hacked?

I vote for a corrupted rule.
I suspect that they either have a rule or a mailing list manager that's
sending the e-mails to the wrong folder. They end up copied "on My
Computer" and the orginal copies go to the trash in the process.

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso

can't insert, delete or move pictures
can't insert, delete or move pictures Sheet protected? parker wrote: > > can't insert, delete or move pictures -- Dave Peterson ...

Mail deleting from virtual inbox
When I open windows mail it automatically downloads and it deletes it from my virtual yahoo inbox, is there a way i can get it to stop deleting it or being able to place those messages back in my inbox to retrieve anywhere? also, it doesnt allow me to send messages so i cant foward them to myself! Thanks, i appreciate ur help! Erika Hey Erika. I was having similar problem a while back. I remember in my webmail (optus) there was an option at the bottom of the list of emails (delete after download). I had to untick this box. You may have something similar, maybe in tools?? Just be aw...

Outlook pop up windows stops outgoing mail
In the last 3 weeks I continue to get a pop up window titled "Enter Network Password". There is a key icon and the request: "Please type your user name and password." It then list my Server: (entered) Password: (entered with asterisk showing) I continually enter my Outlook password with Bellsouth and click the box "Save this password in your password list" and click "OK". Everything then works alright and then the window pops up again in 5 minutes. It happens over and over again. Anybody have any ideas on how to eliminate this? I use XP Pr...

Delete doesnt seem to work in SQL
Can someone possibly tell me why my delete statement in sql is not deleting anything. Table1: CurUser | Inventory John Stalls, Machine John Stalls, Pinball John Stalls, Golf Harry Simpson, Tires Harry Simpson, Boats //--------------------------------------------------------------// String FileName = System.IO.Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() + "\\test.db"; string ConnectionString = string.Format(@"Data Source={0};Version=3;New=False", FileName); SQLiteConnection conn = new SQLiteConnection(ConnectionString); conn.Open(); SQLiteCommand cmd = conn.C...

Only printing header in Windows Live Mail
My canon printer has suddenly stopped printing the email content - only the header. Printing in word, excel etc not affected. Using W7 (+ Firefox if that relavent). Any suggestions please Does you have the same problem if you try printing from IE? WLM depends on IE for printing services. Take a look at this: Print and Print Preview May Display Only Text at Top of Page http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272518 It's a similar problem for a different version but the fix may apply. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Jem" <Jem@discussions.mic...

How big is the outgoing mail messages
Is there any way to see how big mail the user are sending or receiving. And who's sending the mail. I have exchange 5.5 and windows 2000 /RO ...

open subfolders automatically on mail entry -- not happening.
Hello all. Have a problem that happens in one Outlook 2002, but not another -- so I know there's a likely setting someplace, but can't find it. I've even stumped my company's IT people on this one: I download mail through several rules (and accounts); and ship them to various subfolders off of parent folders. What I desire is to have the email automatically open the appropriate folder -- revealing the affected subfolder -- when new mail comes into it. In one of my Outlooks (both 2002), this does open automatically revealing the new highlighted message. But the other do...

Sent Mail items not showing up
Using Outlook 2002 w/SP2 on WinXP Pro. Unable to view items in Sent Item folder (Outlook shows normal blank window with "there are no items to show in this view") even though the Item count in the lower left shows over 2600 msgs in the Sent Items folder. It keeps increasing as new msgs are sent. Using the standard view, all standard columns, with NO Filter set. Anybody seen this before? Any ideas? ...

can not delete emails
i went out of town and returned with 3000+ emails. some i can delete, some i can not. i have tried to repair and fix, i have tried to create a new profile and import/export everything. any ideas? thanks in advance. yes, the cannot move item(s). The initial error i get when trying to delete is: "the message interface has returned an unknown error. if this persists, restart outlook". The only thing i can think of is a damaged profile??? >-----Original Message----- >Do you get an error when trying to move the item to another folder (e.g. >move the item to the deleted ...

deleting mail on exit not working
hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option keeps unchecking itself. Any body knows how to fix this problem thanks in advance Am 6 Sep 2005 12:04:27 -0700 schrieb jjlopez45@gmail.com: > hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items > folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to > slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option > keeps uncheck...

Searching for Frame in current header and delete it
Dear Experts: For some specific reason I inserted a frame into the current even page header. How can I delete it via VBA on the condition that the cursor resides in the page (of the main document) whose header has got this frame? Other headers, ie. odd page headers and first page header of the current section must not be deleted. Other headers in other sections may also have a frame in the header, but they must not be deleted, either. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Hi Andreas, The following macro will remove all frames from t...

Can I retrieve deleted email from the enlarged database
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop My v.X database is 950Mb with very little email. I know this is because of the deleted emails of the past and that rebuilding the database would produce a new database the right size. I would like to know if I can get to the deleted emails. Can I get them back. I have run in to an issue that I need them. <FONT FACE="Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:12pt'>On 5/11/10 11:41 PM, in article <a href="59bb859f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0&q...

mail merge cannot continue
I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows XP. But it suddenly started refusing to work, giving the message "mail merge cannot continue". I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling things I had done recently, to no avail. Did you have to relink to your database? If so, try changing your selection in the checkbox for "First row of data contains column headers". Greg "Margaret" <denmar@zamnet.zm> wrote in message news:1738101c448d3$24c77fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows > XP. But it...

Move / Migrate Mail
I currently have my Exchange server hosted off site. I am looking to move this in house, of course I don't own the hardware the server is currently on. So I will be building a new server. The current server (hosted) is in its own domain - I did not make this but I have to support it-, I have duplicate accounts for email, plus some only email accounts. I am looking for suggestions to accomplish this task. My idea was to add all the user accounts that are currently 'email only' to my domain so all my accounts match.... Make my Exchange server and mailboxes. Then should I u...

new...delete not work in MFC ? Why ?
Hi, Check out the following code char* t=new char[1000]; t="sdfsdf"; delete t; at delete t; statement , MSVC 6.0 MFC application generates Abort: Unhandled exception Why? Help ! sandSpiderX > Hi, > > > Check out the following code > char* t=new char[1000]; > t="sdfsdf"; > delete t; > > The rule is simple, if you use "new [...] then you must use delete []" and if you use new ... then simply call delete ... In your case you need to do delete [] t; ....but that's not the end of your problems. "char * t&...

getting tight vertical fit automatically
Is there a way to get a tight fit vertically, without having to hand-adjust many row heights (some of three lines, some of 1, etc)? If format|row|autofit is too "loose", then I think manually is the way to go. Kevin wrote: > > Is there a way to get a tight fit vertically, without having to > hand-adjust many row heights (some of three lines, some of 1, etc)? -- Dave Peterson ...

how do I change cell references automatically in formulas
In Excel 2000, I have data in 80 rows and 10 columns. Each week I add a new row. I have a separate chart for each column with the data range from the first row to the last.. Each week I have to change the data range to reflect the new last row for each chart. Is there someway I can do this automatically? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "jnw3" <jnw3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3551F9-FBC6-4841-95B4-618AB1893190@micros...

Members deleted from distribution Group
Hello, I have a mixed mode enviroment. NT 4.0 SP6a with Exchange 5.5 and W2K SP4 with Exchange 2000. All of the mailboxes are hosted on the Exchange 2000 box but the 5.5 needs to be kept because it is the smtp gateway. When I create accounts or distribution groups I create them on the 5.5 server first. As for the distribution groups they are replicated over to the Exchange 2000 server as Universal groups. Lately one distribution group has been losing 2 members. The last 2 members that were added to the group keep disappearing from time to time with no errors. Any ideas? Thanks....

help when bills are automatically debited from my bank
I had and tried Money 2002. I entered my data about a dozen times. Things "looked" great, but the program never quite worked for me, partic. with respect to reconciling/balancing my account. I heard Money 2004 made things much easier, so I bought that but I am having the same problems. I think it might have to do with how my bill payments are set up and how I enter those transaction into Money when I first provide the info: I do online banking with Citibank. Since Money and Citibank don't have the automatic connection, I have to download statements from Citibank in...

Cannot remember my e-mail logon password, how do I change it?
I use outlook 2007 and have a need to access my e-mail logon password. I've got the remember password box checked but can not remember the password myself. Is there anyway to retrieve this or change or recreate it? You wuld have to contact your ISP to reset or provide you with the password "Rviviani" <Rviviani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5DAFCAB-FC29-4FF4-A5E2-AE4DDE6DC2A0@microsoft.com... >I use outlook 2007 and have a need to access my e-mail logon password. >I've > got the remember password box checked but can not remem...

e-mail #33
I have people that send me e-mail that automatically sends them a response that I have opened the mail. I want to turn this off. I do not want them to automatically know that I have opened it. I would like the option to either respond or not to respond. How can I turn off this automatic response? Kit Kat <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have people that send me e-mail that automatically > sends them a response that I have opened the mail. I > want to turn this off. I do not want them to > automatically know that I have opened it. I would like >...

IMS que is filling with tons of e-mail in Exchange 5.5
Hi When ever I tried to select the Hosts and Clients that successfully authenticate option in routing restrictions. I see tons of mail que in IMS. Actually I tried to check for 2010 event and I see some junk user account which says "\temp" which is not at all in my domain or in local users. Can anyone tell is it some virus or some one is creating the account test remotely to spam. Please advis ...

How to Automatically share Accounts and Leads
We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0 and we'd like to automatically share every Lead and every Account that is created with one or more Teams. The Teams will differ, depending on who owns the Lead or Account. What is the best way to do this? We tried workflow rules, but it doesn't seem like sharing is one of the options when a Lead or an Account is created. Is the only way to do this to use some sort of scripting? Thanks a lot for any suggestions! -Sarah Sarah, The direct answer is yes; the only way to (sans any human intervention) automatically share leads and accounts with the...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
Please excuse the rookie question, I have been avoiding Exchange too long and now it has bitten me in the... elbow... I am attempting to set up Exchange to send mail... Whenever I send to a member of my domain (hosted externally) I get this error message... (I am using SBS, I have posted a similar message over there.) The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. It appears that email sent to other domains is delivered without incident. I need to get the squar...

I have a e-mail in my delete file that will not deleate.
I have tried to delete a file from my junk mail file, when I try to remove the e-mail I get a message to go to an in box repair tool, with a scanpst.exe. Nothing appears when I type in scanpst.exe and this e-mail I cannot move the e-mail it is frozen Search, to include hidden files for scanpst.exe. You dont run scanpst.exe from within outlook "roger" <roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBD25472-D780-4E95-9F7C-1F69E01FE913@microsoft.com... >I have tried to delete a file from my junk mail file, when I try to remove > the e-mail I get a m...