Exchange/Outlook Groups not showing in Entourage

Version: 2008
Processor: Power PC
Email Client: Exchange

I work in a PC environment. Our organization uses Exchange Server and Outlook. I use a Mac and  Entourage. My Common Contacts book shows all the email addresses but none of the GROUPS show up. Therefore I am unable to send emails from Entourage to GROUPS within the organization. These groups show up just fine in OUTLOOK. Also in Outlook the EMAIL TYPE for address show as SMTP while GROUPS are EMAIL TYPE:  MAPIPDL <br><br>Our IT is pretty swamped with other issues to be able find a solution to this problem. Anyone acquainted with this issue and have a solution?
0
pschroeder

On 1/14/10 11:42 AM, pschroeder@officeformac.com wrote:

> I work in a PC environment. Our organization uses Exchange Server and
> Outlook. I use a Mac and Entourage. My Common Contacts book shows all
> the email addresses but none of the GROUPS show up. Therefore I am
> unable to send emails from Entourage to GROUPS within the
> organization. These groups show up just fine in OUTLOOK. Also in
> Outlook the EMAIL TYPE for address show as SMTP while GROUPS are
> EMAIL TYPE: MAPIPDL
>
> Our IT is pretty swamped with other issues to be able find a solution
> to this problem. Anyone acquainted with this issue and have a
> solution?

Unfortunately, Entourage does not support syncing groups in your
Contacts list. You will need to re-create them in Entourage to use them
there.

Please be sure to let Microsoft know you'd like to see this feature in
future versions by using the Help --> Send Feedback mechanism in any
Office application.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William
1/15/2010 4:18:26 AM
> On 1/14/10 11:42 AM, pschroeder@officeformac.com wrote: <br>
> > I work in a PC environment. Our organization uses Exchange Server and <br>
> > Outlook. I use a Mac and Entourage. My Common Contacts book shows all <br>
> > the email addresses but none of the GROUPS show up. Therefore I am <br>
> > unable to send emails from Entourage to GROUPS within the <br>
> > organization. These groups show up just fine in OUTLOOK. Also in <br>
> > Outlook the EMAIL TYPE for address show as SMTP while GROUPS are <br>
> > EMAIL TYPE: MAPIPDL <br>
> > Our IT is pretty swamped with other issues to be able find a solution <br>
> > to this problem. Anyone acquainted with this issue and have a <br>
> > solution? <br>
> Unfortunately, Entourage does not support syncing groups in your  <br>
> Contacts list. You will need to re-create them in Entourage to use them  <br>
> there. <br>
> Please be sure to let Microsoft know you'd like to see this feature in  <br>
> future versions by using the Help --> Send Feedback mechanism in any  <br>
> Office application. <br>
> Hope this helps! <br>
> --  <br>
> bill <br>