Error 130 - Entourage 2008

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
OSX 10.63, MacOffice 2008 12.2.4
When I try to connect to the following news server ( that doesn't require a
user name or password ) I get the following error when attempting to
download the List of Newsgroups:

"Too many connections in your class - Could not receive the Newsgroup List -
ERROR 130 "

Any pointers much appreciated.

Using Msnews servers works fine.

--
Welsh Gas
Remove usual to reply direct.

0
WelshGas

On 4/27/10 10:49 PM, in article 59bb7979.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"WelshGas" <welshgas@virginmedia.com> wrote:

> When I try to connect to the following news server ( that doesn't require a
> user name or password ) I get the following error when attempting to
> download the List of Newsgroups:
>
> "Too many connections in your class - Could not receive the Newsgroup List -
> ERROR 130 "

This error has been seen when one tries to connect to a newsgroup and
download messages and/or headers.

Option 1) This can be corrected by rebuilding the database.
Option 2) Don't assume it's database corruption. This error can occur when
trying to connect to a newsgroup that is having problems.

It might require SSL to be checked under advanced receiving.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane_Ross_MVP

Errors in .pst file
I experienced the dreaded blue screen. After the computer re-started I could not open my Outloook, and received the error message, "Errors have been detected the the Outlook.pst file.l It further instructed me to use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. I ran Scanpst.exe and it detects errors but freezes up when the 'repair' button is clicked. No repairs result. I found the Scanpst.exe in Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12. I am running Office 2007 Operating Sytem is XP Service Pack 2 (maybe 3) Is there somewhere I ...

Office 2004 for Mac
Hi, Does anyone have information on the capabilities and functionality that will be provided in Entourage 2004? Also, what is the release date for Office 2004 for the MAC? ..The Mactopia web site doesn't provide much information at all. Regards Trevor In article <c0eh06$1mlb$1@si05.rsvl.unisys.com>, "trmbr" <trmbr@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone have information on the capabilities and functionality that will > be provided in Entourage 2004? Also, what is the release date for Office > 2004 for the MAC? > .The Mactopia web site doesn't provide ...

using macro to save a file produces runtime error 4198
I upgraded from Win-XP/Office 2003 to Win-7/Office 2007; the code below ran fine in Word 2003 but in Word 2007 generates runtime error 4198. The variables and directory location are valid. The parameters for FileName are updated for Word 2007; the grammer for the FileName appears correct (no grammer errors when macro runs as is, but grammer errors if I change the string.) When I substitute an actual file name in place of the variables, the code runs w/o error, but the Debug.Print statements generate correct strings. I feel kind of dumb- but what is different about use of variab...

Visual Studio 2008 Pro, CImageList crash when _AFX_NO_DAO_SUPPORT is defined
Can somebody please help me report this bug in Visual Studio 2008. When you define _AFX_NO_DAO_SUPPORT in stdafx.h CImageList will crash, but only in Release mode. I use XP SP2 and downloaded the RTM version of VS2008 Pro from MSDN. Steps to reproduce: // STEP 1: Add this to stdafx.h before #include <afxwin.h> #define _AFX_NO_DAO_SUPPORT /* Makes CImageList methods crash in VS2008 :-( */ #define OEMRESOURCE /* For CBitmap::LoadOEMBitmap(OBM_CHECKBOXES);*/ // STEP 2: Add this code anywhere, for example in YourApp::InitInstance() { // Load some bitmap and create imagelis...

Help-Error validating multiple documents
Hello. I've got a total of 5 schemas. They are: 1 - 1.xsd - a description of a city 2 - 2.xsd - a description of a town 3 - CityHall.xsd - a description of a cityhall-meant to be part of a document based on 1.xsd in "user area". 4 - TownHall.xsd - a description of a townhall-meant to be part of a document based on 2.xsd in "user area". 5 - testmultischema.xsd - a document which combines in a batch instances of cities and towns based upon 1.xsd and 2.xsd. I get the following xml validation error: ERROR: The 'http://adamExt.org:TownHall' element is not declar...

Adding a Gmail IMAP tag/folder to Entourage
I created a new Gmail tag called travel. In Mail it immediately appears as an IMAP folder. How do I do this in Entourage. I refreshed the message lists etc. On 5/15/10 3:46 PM, in article 9dd4e304-c593-4248-866a-b79e0324ea27@q8g2000vbm.googlegroups.com, "Kerry" <kerry@fastmail.net> wrote: > I created a new Gmail tag called travel. In Mail it immediately > appears as an IMAP folder. How do I do this in Entourage. I refreshed > the message lists etc. Click on the account in the folder list. Select "Receive complete folder list". -- Diane Ros...

Error when I try to save doc with equations in 2007
I am a math student and I frequently use Word 2007 to write up my assignments with the new equation feature. Lately I have been having trouble in that when I try to save it gives me a file error For example: "A file error has occured (c:\...\doc1.docx)" ...

Attaching items to e mails
I have a user trying to attach items from SharePoint libraries to e mails in Outlook (2007). When she selects an item and tries to attach it she gets this message "The operation is not supported until the entire message is downloaded. Download the message and try again" which makes no sense in the context. She is using an XP machine but I cannot duplicate this error on either XP or Vista machines on the same network. No one else is having the same problem. Anybody know a possible cause (and a solution)? ...

Error Messages #6
I keep getting an error message that I can't seem to find an answer for...if someone has found this problem before and has fixed it...please let me know... Receiving' reported error (0x80042110) : 'Your POP3 server is providing inconsistent information. The number of messages returned by the STAT command does not match the number of items returned by the UIDL or LIST commands. Contact your POP3 or Internet service provider. thanks John And what did your ISP tell you when you contacted them? >-----Original Message----- >I keep getting an error message that I can'...

Trying begin VBA template project, get error "macros disabled"?
I am beginning a project to code and update a Word template using VBA. When I try to run the form given to me I get error "The macros in this project are disabled?" Any suggestions? Thank you. Save the template in your templates folder, which is a trusted location. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "The Applicant" <The Applicant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2E642C...

This Identity can't be opened with this version of Entourage
I have been experiencing constant crashing in Entourage and Word for a few weeks, so I decided to reinstall from the Office:mac 2004 disk. Now I can't get Entourage to open at all. Please help. On 12/8/06 4:12 PM, in article 1165623155.367572.290820@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com, "redroomer" <sean@decemberfilms.com.au> wrote: > I have been experiencing constant crashing in Entourage and Word for a > few weeks, so I decided to reinstall from the Office:mac 2004 disk. > Now I can't get Entourage to open at all. Please help. You need to apply the latest updat...

Entourage, Projects and iDisk
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342300387_22546327 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I recently spent the entire night trying to solve an issue with apple for a non-profit organization and entourage posting a project to the iDisk. The issue arose when trying to add the other members to the project, that would be stored on an individual's iDisk. The error message that was constantly repeated was �You can...

HTTP Error when accessing properties of Public Folders
Greetings.... First, thanks for the previous help I have received in this forum. ;) I will try to keep this brief, but afraid it may require more...........Exch2k Server with all service packs up to date. Moving accounts and Public Folder structure from one Exch2k server to another. Will be removing the older of the two from the domain when done. Right-click on the Public Folder to look at the properties of the folder to setup replication of the folder and get the following error message: The HTTP Service used by Public Folders is not available, possible causes are that Public Stor...

All Internal Passwords.xls Error 91
As with Nathan below, I ran this code on Office XP (XL) with XP Pro and received the same error. I loaded ONLY allinternalpasswords.xls and ran the Macro. Does another W/S have to be loaded? How does one apply this macro to a specific sheet? As Nathan Gutman & myself found: When trying to run it it gets to line: WinTag = .ProtectStructure Or .ProtectWindows and gives runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. Can someone help to undertand why and how to fix that? Dennis, You should open the workbook whose passwords you want to break. This should be...

Custom Fields/Formulas Receiving an error "NA" in Project Center
Hello All, Was wondering if I could get some help, we are running project server 2007 latest edition with all patches. And are running a custom formula. "IIf([Milestone]=Yes,"Milestone",IIf([PPC_Result]>=1,"100.00%",IIf([Baseline Start]=ProjDateValue("NA") Or [Baseline Finish]=ProjDateValue("NA") Or [Baseline Duration]=ProjDateValue("NA"),"No Baseline",IIf([Baseline Start]>Now(),"Baseline start in future",Format(([PPC_NUM]/[Baseline Duration]),"percent")))))" The formula runs off a ...

when re-running installer to install omitted program (Entourage) does complete re-install, then fails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi Everyone. I installed Word and PowerPoint a few weeks ago, and I want to now install Entourage. So I re-ran the installer ("/Volumes/Microsoft Office 2008/Office Installer.mpkg"). It didn't give me any options for selecting Entourage. Instead it just kicked off an installed *everything*, including Word and PowerPoint. Crap. This is very upsetting as I DON'T want messenger, excel, etc. Adding insult to injury, the program asked if I wanted to install the update ("Install Microsoft Office 2008 fo...

OpenDatabase Error
All, In my spreadsheet, I have a command button that calls code to create a recordset based on a SELECT statement which queries a table in Access. I have tried this in Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 and get the same problem. I have a reference to DAO 3.6 in my project. The following code snippet fails with a message box with a Red X in the middle, with NO TEXT describing the error, and an OK and Help button. The Help button gives me nothing. Can somone point me in the right direction on how to query Access for some data without importing the entire table (it is very large). Tha...

SNMP error
My domain controller keeps freezing at night. Now all i see is a event message from SNMP 1501 - The SNMP Service encountered an error while setting up the incoming transports.\n The IP transport has been dropped out. After this i begin to receive messages from Lost delayed Write data, till dhcp, wins, server and ntds errors. server finishes freezing and have to be hard reseted any ideas? server works at 100% at day when fully loaded... strange isn't it? "Rick" wrote: > My domain controller keeps freezing at night. Now all i see is a event > message ...

Upgraded SQL from 2005 to 2008 posting much slower
I upgraded my sql from 2005 to 2008 via the upgrade option. Entered one invoice and posted. Much much slower. Ran checklinks on all modules. Ran a script to rebuild all indexes. Still slower. Not only is posting slower but I get a lot of "Not Responding" on the GP windows now. Never had this problem with 2005. Anyone else experience this? On Feb 1, 3:58=A0pm, GiJeet <gij...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I upgraded my sql from 2005 to 2008 via the upgrade option. =A0Entered > one invoice and posted. =A0Much much slower. =A0Ran checklinks on all > modules. ...

OWA error #3
I have select Users receiving the following error when accessing OWA: HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized The error only occurs on a few Users. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327843 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043e01c42482$46e0c2e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have select Users receiving the following error when > accessing OWA: > HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized > > The error only occurs on a few ...

Error message on starting word
on starting up word I get the following message: "Some macros in this template will not run properly in this version of Word. Please contact your administrator or the macro vendor for an updated version of the template." Does any one have any ideas about what is causing this or even better how to fix it. You probably have installed an add-in for an earlier Word version that is incompatible with your current version. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or http://support.microso...

Hardware error cod. 11
hello to all, from some days I look these error in eventvwr windows: Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: Disk Categoria evento: Nessuno ID evento: 11 Data: 14/11/2009 Ora: 9.04.31 Utente: N/D Computer: CAMILLO Descrizione: Il driver ha rilevato un errore del controller su \Device\Harddisk1\D. Per ulteriori informazioni, consultare la Guida in linea e supporto tecnico all'indirizzo http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Dati: 0000: 04 01 68 00 01 00 b6 00 ..h...¶. 0008: 00 00 00 00 0b 00 04 c0 .......À 0010: 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........ 0018...

Error on Saving appointments
Hi.. When I am creating a new appointment and saving it, I am getting the following error :- "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it. General failure in scheduling engine" Can someone please tell me why I am getting this error. Regards Rahul Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Break the Roles in SharePoint Lists http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/c3ac8915-3861-4406-bec7-42f2d9110d79/break-the-roles-in-sharep.aspx ...

Dictionary Assembly Generator (DAG) Errors
Hi all, I added a field in the SOP Entry window using the Modifier.Now I want to access it via the VS Tools. According to documentation, I have to create an Application Assembly using the DAG tool. But I am having trouble with the Dictionary Assembly Generator. I am in a dos window, in the SDK folder and issuing this command : dag.exe 0 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP$GP10\Dynamics.set" /F This command returns the following error : "Error: Cannot find Application.MicrosoftDynamicsGp.dll. Generate Application.MicrosoftDynamicsGp.dll before generating Application....

Hyperlink Error
When sending text in emails that has an inserted hyperlink to a web page anchor from Outlook 2007, it appears that users of Outlook 2003 only receive the link to the page, rather than to the page anchor. For example; an INSERTED hyperlink such as; http://www.bogus.com.au/ism/website/webpage.asp#page_anchor arrives as http://www.bogus.com.au/ism/website/webpage.asp Obviously, because it is inserted into the text in the email, the link itself is not visible to the end user. The idea here is to provide a link to a specific part of a web page, instead of landing at the top...