Entourage auto send and receive is not working

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

Hi all, <br>
I am using Entourage 2004 on a MacBookPro running Mac OS 10.5.8. <br>
The automatic scheduled 'send and receive' has been working up until about a week ago. I can still see doing the 'send and receive' every 15 minutes at the bottom left corner, but no emails come through. However, if I manually click the 'send and receive' button at the top, I will get my mail.  <br>
Any ideas? Thanks for any info.
0
phed_up

On 3/20/10 9:06 AM, phed_up@officeformac.com wrote:
> I am using Entourage 2004 on a MacBookPro running Mac OS 10.5.8.
> The automatic scheduled 'send and receive' has been working up until
> about a week ago. I can still see doing the 'send and receive' every 15
> minutes at the bottom left corner, but no emails come through. However,
> if I manually click the 'send and receive' button at the top, I will get
> my mail.
> Any ideas? Thanks for any info.

Check to be sure there isn't a stuck message in the outbox.

1.  If you can receive but not send then you have a bad SMTP configuration
2.  If you can send but not receive you have a bad POP or IMAP configuration

You can try re-entering info.
You can delete account and create a new one.
Using copy/paste can result in an extra space being added. Type carefully.

Check your Keychain for corruption.

Check under advanced settings. Most ISPs require advanced settings now
for SMTP. Check the website for exact info on SSL and ports.

You can eliminate your Identity by creating a new Identity under
Entourage > Switch Identity. Enter your account info and test.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>

Auto configuring an LDAP Address book for a Outlook profile
We have written our own LDAP Address Book which plugs into Microsoft Outlook. We are wanting to be able to automatically configure the address book to a profile when installing our product. Does anyone know if this can be done and if so how it can be done? Or even just point me in a general direction? I have looked at the Office resource kit but the configuring profiles as part of that, seems to be more for the actual install of Outlook rather than profiles and doesn't really seem to cover actually adding services (address books) to a profile. ...

hey ya'll how do i auto sum a cell using the letter x instaed of .
hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a number To count number of "x"es =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"x") Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:25:04 -0700, jrod98 <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a >number Gord answered but I couldn't resist asking what the sum of x and x is? Sinister Rod Serling music here. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jrod98" <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

can oly send to clients on my local network in outlook
Does your email address end with the extension ".local" or anyother unfamiliar extention. If so ur email is supported only for the local network. I had that problem in my office. Cos our email is disabled to send to outside due to virus protections. Only the Management have the previlage to send and receive from outside. It's basically the Network/System Administrator who does those knida things. "flymegreg" wrote: > ...

sending and recieving e-mails
How do I determine my incoming e-mail server type, incoming mail server, and outgoing e-mail server for the e-mail of cam54901@yahoo.com, and if that e-mail is not compatible then for the e-mail larson0389@fvtc.edu? I have gone to both sites and cannot find this information. http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-35.html http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html "cam54901" <cam54901@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27D0A643-354D-43D2-83EA-EF9F4288AE1D@microsoft.com... > How do I determine...

How do I create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)?
I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points. Whoever helped you post this question, have them help you do a google search on "WBS Excel" "Brian 76" wrote: > I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points. On Dec 4, 10:26=A0am, Brian 76 <Brian 7...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points. Be sure you are using the WBS correctly! I cover using excel for this in my WBS Training at http://WBSCoach.com Josh Nankivel ...

Send mail to ISP
Is there away of telling exchange if the user does not exist internally send mail to isp. curious as to why the ISP? :) "Andrew Biggs" <andy@mcgsystems.co.uk> wrote in message news:30cb01c4ab85$408318f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away of telling exchange if the user does not > exist internally send mail to isp. creat a new recipinet policy other than the default one or the one you created. then in the properties you have to add ur smtp domain address as advancedautotrends.com then there is an option to uncheck "this exchange is resposiable for all mail deliv...

#VALUE! error: vlookup works in Excel 2000 but not 2003
Hi, My client has a spreadsheet which works fine in Excel 2000 but when opened with Excel 2003 it populates the pages with #VALUE! and the best I can tell is that the problem is with the following formulas. Can anyone advise if they have seen this before. I am unable to post their file but this is the code that I think is a bit suspect. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE))=TRUE,"",VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE...

CRM Auto completes Allotments
Hi, I first posted this query on Wednesday (SA time), but did not explain very well. I have a problem being able to enter (input / specify) the allotments for a case line. For those of you who have read it before and can't or won't help, my apologies, please don't read any further. I have reposted because of the large volume of topics over the last few days. The following (I hope) explains my issue properly for anyone who is interested in helping. The 'contract line' form has greyed out the 'Allotments Used' field, after saving the contract line the system make...

Outlook URL no longer works ?
I have seen from various post that the outlook: protocol no longer works outside Outlook, because of security issues. Are there other ways of opening a mail item in a public folder using a URL ? Today we generate the link to the mail item on format Outlook:0000000031030 .. This is done using an event sink on the exchange server. The link is displayed to the person that will answer the mail on an internal web page. The link opens the mail item directly, using the outlook: protocol... meaning outside Outlook. If the above is no longer recommended, what is ? Is this possible to accomplis...

Transferring Works files into Excel XP
My Dad upgraded recently to XP--all his previous files were in Works. Is there an easy conversion? I don't have the ability to "see" his computer, so trying to fix this issue remotely. TIA My Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 will open a Works XLR file. Why can't Dad do this? -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "homefry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093b01c42559$670626f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My Dad upgraded recently to XP--all his previous files > were in Works. Is there an easy ...

sending mail from 2 email addresses
I have successfully got our exchange 2003 system to pull in mail for domainA.com and domainB.com Users have email addresses at both domains. Can Outlook2003 be configured to send mail from "EITHER" of the domains or does the Primary address in the recipient policy always rule. TIA Gary The primary address rules. So much so that some people created a 'choosefrom' application for this situation: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml Alternatively, you could create a second mailbox for the second domain and have them use OWA for the second client (which would need ...

Assigning work to team 1 and team 2
Hi I need to allocate certain work to 2 teams, the only way I can think of doing this is by building a counter and then giving the even numbers to one team and the odd numbers to the other. Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset Set db = CurrentDb() Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblTeamCounter", dbOpenDynaset) rs.Edit rs!RepNum = rs!RepNum + 1 rs.Update rs.Close: Set rs = Nothing The above code gives me the counter how do I code it to lookup the REPNum and if it is even number then Me.Team1 = True Else Me.Team2 = True Or is there a better way of doing this?...

OL 97: Control-C, X, and V don't work in XP!
Only a genius will figure this one out ... Installed Outlook 97 in Windows XP, everything works fine -- but for some reason, the Copy/Cut/Paste shortcuts (ctrl-C, ctrl-X, ctrl-V) don't work in Calendar mode. When I use ctrl-X, the little scissor icon flashes, so SOMETHING's being sent to the clipboard, but ctrl-V does not paste anything. When I press Ctrl-C and try to copy an appointment to another day, a duplicate copy of the appointment appears on the same day of the first appointment! Please help! ...

Auto Correct Formulas !?
i have a Sheet with column A with all my short codes and Column B with my Long Names in. i want it so that on another sheet i type "R1" in a cell on column E it replaces it with "Results234" Is this possible. ? i have a lot of different short names and long names on the sheet. Many Thanks:D Benn --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sure, just columns A and B in a lookup table, e.g. =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$100,2,0) when you type R1 i cell A2 and let's say you put this formula in B2 it will return the adjacent cell to the right of the short name...

auto fill #3
hi, i have an excel sheet with student's grades: column A has an icreasing number, column B has the name , column C has the class, column D has the grade. I would like if it is posssible when i filter the students by class at the end of the sheet to be added two columns automatically [with macro, code?? i dont know how :-( ] the first one write if the student is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc in the class depending on the grade (column D) and the second column write if the grade is lower than 5 the student pass or fail! Is possible the column A when i use the filter to change in a number that is the...

if statement not working
Access 2003 code on forms oncurrent event... I want the below If DLookup is Admin then TitleMSP.Visible = True Label95.Visible = False Label97.Visible = True Label96.Visible = True If DLookup is Admin and Not IsNull(Me.TitleMSP) then TitleMSP.Visible = True Label95.Visible = False Label97.Visible = True Label96.Visible = True If DLookup is anything other than Admin then TitleMSP.Visible = False ContactUserID.Visible = False ContactStatus.Visible = False Label97.Visible = False ...

email problem
We have email problems with several of our clients and customers. To these customers, every time when we email out (using Outlook) with attachments, such as .doc and .pdf and .jpg files. These email was received with one large garble inline text message, but no attachment, by these customers. However, if we send out same email by web based email, such as yahoo or Gmail, the attachments are received OK by the same customers. One major customer is always have this same problem with our email with attachment. They use Gmail by Google. This customer is using web based Gmail browser to receive o...

Project Center Access Not Working
Our Admins and PMs are getting the following message when they access the Project Center. "Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view. It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the project" It works sometimes, but most of the time we get this message, we can get it to work if we keep refreshing or changing views that has less data to show. Does anyone has any idea on how to fix thi...

Send/receive limits
Hi there I have a Windows Server 2003 AD (Native) with Exchange Server 2003 Single Server SP1. I would like to know if someone could clarify which of the send/receive limits take precedence over others and if these affect internal vs external mail. I have tried to make sense of it through testing and am not really getting it. I will show what I have set and what I have experienced for testing a user trying to receive external mail. I understand that there are 4 main areas where these limits can be configured: 1. ESM:Global Settings/Message Delivery/Defaults - Send-5MB, Rx-3MB 2. ESM:S...

auto open .xla file
hi all, i've downloaded and used rowliner by cpearson and find it very useful. is there a way to autostart it whenever i open an excel file? tnx! -- rp Hi RP, In Excel, Tools | Add-Ins | Check the Rowlier Add-in | OK If the add-in is not listed, use the browse button to navigate to it. --- Regards, Norman "rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:u85Drds9EHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi all, > > i've downloaded and used rowliner by cpearson and find it very useful. is > there a way to autostart it whenever i open an excel file? &...

Error received at login.
I have a client that has a new CRM Server. Install worked with no problems encountered. "Administrator" is able to login. Users have been added through domain\username and roles assigned. However upon login they receive an error message "An Error as occured" This error message occurs shortly have the window loads displaying all items in workplace. No data or items are shown within the Right pane just the error. This error occurs even with all roles assigned. Thoughts? So did you make progress with this problem? Inquiring minds would like to know. :o) Yes, I have ...

Send to... #2
Hi, How can i get Outlook (not Outlook express) selected when i right click a file and choose "sent to email recipient"? Thanks -- Guillermo Brachetta Harpsichordist - Music Editor www.brachetta.com Answered in general forum. Please don't cross-post. "Guille" wrote: > Hi, > > How can i get Outlook (not Outlook express) selected when i right click a > file and choose "sent to email recipient"? > > Thanks > > -- > Guillermo Brachetta > Harpsichordist - Music Editor > www.brachetta.com > > > Not Answe...

HOW DO I Auto inserting date and time?
Can someone out there please help me! Am trying to find what the formula would be to automatically insert date and time (in seperate columns) when another field has been filled. Ie, if cell C3 has data in it, then for C1 to automatically insert the date, and C2 to automatically insert a time. I am told that this IS possible, but I can't work out how to do it! Thank you in advance for any assistance! Shane --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release Date: 01/09/2003 thank you...

Won't Auto download messages even though...
My Outlook Won't Auto download messages even though I have the settings for the POP service to check every 3 minutes. I don't get an error and when I hit Send/Receive the messages then download. Any suggestions? Rick On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 08:56:02 -0800, "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My Outlook Won't Auto download messages even though I have the settings for >the POP service to check every 3 minutes. I don't get an error and when I >hit Send/Receive the messages then download. Any suggestions? > Try increasing your polling t...