Email Client: pop

0
Pierre_Gauthier

On 1/16/10 12:31 PM, in article 59bb111b.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Pierre_Gauthier@officeformac.com" <Pierre_Gauthier@officeformac.com> wrote:

> How do I set my address book so that it displays contact names in an
> alphabetical order?

Under View > Columns, add First Name and Last Name, then remover Name
column.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/ng_views/column_view.html>

Note the list might show them at the bottom rather than at the top. People
that have upgraded the new columns will show at the bottom of the list.

--
Diane

0
Diane_Ross_MVP
1/16/2010 9:14:55 PM
0
Pierre_Gauthier
1/16/2010 9:30:26 PM

"Diane_Ross_MVP@officeformac.com" wrote:

> On 1/16/10 12:31 PM, in article 59bb111b.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
> "Pierre_Gauthier@officeformac.com" <Pierre_Gauthier@officeformac.com> wrote:
>
> > How do I set my address book so that it displays contact names in an
> > alphabetical order?
>
> Under View > Columns, add First Name and Last Name, then remover Name
> column.
>
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/ng_views/column_view.html>
>
> Note the list might show them at the bottom rather than at the top. People
> that have upgraded the new columns will show at the bottom of the list.
>
> --
> Diane
>
> .

"Diane_Ross_MVP@officeformac.com" wrote:

> On 1/16/10 12:31 PM, in article 59bb111b.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
> "Pierre_Gauthier@officeformac.com" <Pierre_Gauthier@officeformac.com> wrote:
>
> > How do I set my address book so that it displays contact names in an
> > alphabetical order?
>
> Under View > Columns, add First Name and Last Name, then remover Name
> column.
>
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/ng_views/column_view.html>
>
> Note the list might show them at the bottom rather than at the top. People
> that have upgraded the new columns will show at the bottom of the list.
>
> --
> Diane
>
> .

"Diane_Ross_MVP@officeformac.com" wrote:

> On 1/16/10 12:31 PM, in article 59bb111b.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
> "Pierre_Gauthier@officeformac.com" <Pierre_Gauthier@officeformac.com> wrote:
>
> > How do I set my address book so that it displays contact names in an
> > alphabetical order?
>
> Under View > Columns, add First Name and Last Name, then remover Name
> column.
>
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/ng_views/column_view.html>
>
> Note the list might show them at the bottom rather than at the top. People
> that have upgraded the new columns will show at the bottom of the list.
>
> --
> Diane
>
> .
> Hi Diane,

I imported my Entourage address book from my old G5 mac to a new iMac. The
names were not in alphabetic order on the imported list. I tried your
suggestions to Pierre, but was unable to accomplish the task. I was wondering
if you have any additional suggestions? I hate to appear so dense!

Thanks,  Bill
On 1/30/10 11:39 AM, in article
73EBF10A-CC75-45E3-B735-EF4EE29A1CC6@microsoft.com,
"Captain_Bill@officeformac.com"
<CaptainBillofficeformaccom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I imported my Entourage address book from my old G5 mac to a new iMac. The
> names were not in alphabetic order on the imported list. I tried your
> suggestions to Pierre, but was unable to accomplish the task. I was wondering
> if you have any additional suggestions? I hate to appear so dense!

It doesn't matter if the names were in alphabetical order when imported.
Entourage will sort them by the column you select.

What file type did you use? Tab delimited or .rge?

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane
1/30/2010 11:24:28 PM

"Diane Ross" wrote:

> On 1/30/10 11:39 AM, in article
> 73EBF10A-CC75-45E3-B735-EF4EE29A1CC6@microsoft.com,
> "Captain_Bill@officeformac.com"
> <CaptainBillofficeformaccom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I imported my Entourage address book from my old G5 mac to a new iMac. The
> > names were not in alphabetic order on the imported list. I tried your
> > suggestions to Pierre, but was unable to accomplish the task. I was wondering
> > if you have any additional suggestions? I hate to appear so dense!
>
> It doesn't matter if the names were in alphabetical order when imported.
> Entourage will sort them by the column you select.
>
> What file type did you use? Tab delimited or .rge?
>
> --
> Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
> Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
> Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>
>
> .
> Hi Diane,

Well, I finally understand what you meant by selecting a column to see names
in alphabetic order. I can't believe I was so stupid!!!  DUH!!!
Anyway, all is well now. I thank you very much for your help and especially
your patience.

Kindest regards,    Bill W.
On 2/1/10 10:58 AM, in article
C5FF343A-A8B2-4820-95E3-035FC6C971C5@microsoft.com,
"Captain_Bill@officeformac.com"
<CaptainBillofficeformaccom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Well, I finally understand what you meant by selecting a column to see names
> in alphabetic order. I can't believe I was so stupid!!!  DUH!!!
> Anyway, all is well now. I thank you very much for your help and especially
> your patience.

Glad you finally got it. It happens to all of us whether we like to admit it
or not. :-)

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane

Upgrade to 9.0 SP2 required before 10.0?
I seem to recall from Convergence that you must be on SP2 of version 9.0 before you can migrate to version 10.0. Is that correct? If so, do you know why? -- GP 9.0, SP1 yes you are right. The table structure change which exists till SP2 are not considered for 10.0. i.e. Table structure change done after SP2 table structure are only considered while upgarding to 10.0. Same with 8.0 also.You need to be in 8.0 SP5 to upgrade to 10.0. Thanks & Regards Pradeep "Bud" wrote: > I seem to recall from Convergence that you must be on SP2 of version 9.0 > before you can m...

deleting default address lists
Anyone know if there's any potential problems with deleting the default address lists in exchange 2003? The "all contact, all users, etc." lists are not filtered the way we want and I don't know of a way to hide these except for deleting them. We plan to copy the ldap query out of these straight line for line and then adding our own extra pieces on a new list called "All Company Contacts" but now being able to hide certain contacts from showing up in the list. That is unless someone knows why we shouldn't delete these or how to edit these default ones or...

Cell Formated for MAC address
Hi, Is there a way to format a cell to display twelve alphanumeric characters to look like a MAC address? For example, if the cell contents are: 0003FF411153 I want it to display like this: 00-03-FF-41-11-53 If a MAC address were all numeric's, the following would work:: ##"-"##"-"##"-"##"-"##"-"## But because MAC addresses have characters A-F, this won't work for me. I tired using: @-@-@-@-@-@ but that didn't work either. Any thoughts? Thanks! --- Bob Maybe you can use a helper column and a formula to format it pre...

Printing with Office 10.1.5
I am running OS X 10.2.8 on an indigo iBook and have upgraded to the latest version of MS Office v.X as noted. I did the upgrade to see if I could fix a prior problem that would not allow me to print Word docs using a HP Deskjet 842C printer. To print, I have to convert to PDF and then send to the printer. This only happens with Word docs. If anyone has found a solution would appreciate hearing. The conversion is a problem for many clients with whom I share docs and a time waste for all of us. Many thanks for feedback. Hi Bob, Try using MacOS to remove the printer and then add i...

Find and Replace 05-27-10
We are using a scanner to input a barcode number into "Find What" box in find and replace in excel. Is there a way to make it stay highlighted for the next input without having to use the mouse to double click to re-select after each input? ...

Extract ReplyTo SMTP Addresses from 5.5
Hi I need to get a list of all the SMTP addresses in use in my organisation, which is easy enough, except that I only want the one that is set as the ReplyTo address. Still easy enough where a mailbox has just the one SMTP address but there are many that have two (or more) and Exchange seems to list them alphabetically. So, exporting a .csv via the Save Windows Contents isn't sufficient I'm afraid. All help appreciated... -- JJ (UK) If you perform a directory export using the 5.5 admin program, you'll get a CSV file which, by default, will only include the user's prima...

Rules #16
I want to creat a rule that will move a message with the subject of Hi, but not move if hi is part of another work like BHI. Thanks Hmmm...you might try putting "Hi" in quotes. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Doug Griesbaum" <dgriesbaum@satisfusion.com> wrote in message news:0c0c01c3b9a3$6e96cbd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I want to creat a rule that will move a message with t...

where can I find avery return address label template 18195 or 819.
Avery doesn't have your number on the US or the UK web pages. Are you sure you typed it correctly. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "petsarebeautiful" <petsarebeautiful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B74EA87E-DD68-4048-95C4-E38D9B0599F9@microsoft.com... > ...

Need web addresses to show black in MS Publisher?
When an website address is typed in Publisher it shows and prints in blue. I need this to show and print in black. I have tried changing the font and font color without success. When this is printed with a black laser printer the print shows grey and I need it to show black throughout. Highlight the address, Insert, Hyperlink, click Remove Hyperlink. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C440C4BE-96A5-4DBC-AB71-423E5CF23438@microsoft.com... > When an website address is typed i...

Can I desactivate the "Windows Update needs to restart your....10
Hi, I need to resolve the problem that the "Windows Update needs to restart your....10 min" dialog box won´t appear to my clients in my domain. All users reclaim this situation after lunch and their work is lost. Is there a patch for avoiding this? , where can I find the official response from Microsoft saying there is no solution? Please!!! where can I find the official response from Microsoft saying there is no solution? http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_more_master?ws=support#tab1 "M@stersound" <Mstersound@disc...

transferring outlook address book to another pc
hi, have win98 and wish to transfer my address book details from outlook express to another pc. i have tried highlighting the list to copy it, but it won't copy. can anyone please tell me how best to do this or where i might find the information. many thanks. john west This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsg...

IP address sorting in excel
I am looking to sort IP address's in excel not being the best excel user is ther an easy way to do this? the format fot those of you who might not be familar it is a range of numbers from 192.168.3.1-192.168.3.254 . I would lik for it to give me the address in a numericle order. Any suggestions? You can find a bunch of suggestions by searching the archives (use "IP Sort," without quotes, as a key): http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* David McRitchie has an excellent suggestion here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorttcp.htm In ...

Ver 10 SP 3 Inventory Return default GL acc
Hi again I have a GL account on the Item Card next to the 'Inventory Returns' field. I also have the POP accrual account filled in on the Creditor card. (1) If I do a 'POP Inventory' return transaction, the system does not default in a GL account next to the type 'accrual'. (2) If I key in my POP accrual account it accepts it even though I have blocked that account for posting. If I do a normal 'POP Return' transaction it does work fine, but it seems to be broken when I use the 'Inventory' option. Has anyone seen these 2 problems please? Thanks She...

tab key moves 16 cells
Suddenly, when I try moving around in Excel, the TAB key is moving me 16 cells to the right. I need to go one cell to the right. Why this new movement? How do I fix it? Go to Tools > Options, click on the Transition tab, and uncheck the box "Transition navigation keys". HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Suddenly, when I try moving around in Excel, the TAB key is moving me 16 >cells to the right. I need to go one cell to the right. Why this new >movement? How do I fix it? >. > Hi try 'Tools - Options - Transistion' and unc...

"access e-mail addresses you have stored in outlook"
Hi, I have a user running Office XP Pro. Suddenly today, everytime she opens a new e-mail she receiving the message: "A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose No. Allow access for [1 minute...] " She does not know what she did differently to make this message appear. All of the office updates have been applied. Any help on this is very appreciated. Thanks, Tia http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems --� Milly Staples [MVP - O...

Outlook 2007 Address Book 02-19-10
All of a sudden my contacts are not showing up in my address book. I looked in properties and everything is check properly. What do you suggest I do? -- Charlene "CB-K" <CBK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5609079B-8DC0-42AC-9A07-8C65892AB67E@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden my contacts are not showing up in my address book. I looked > in properties and everything is check properly. What do you suggest I do? And what did you change on your PC just before "suddenly"? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Suddenly not quite t...

Dynamics GP 10 service pack 3 10.00.1193 10.00.1276
Hi: I know there are Dynamics GP 10 service pack 3 10.00.1193 and KB967216 - 10.00.1276 . What are the fixes? Where can I get information on what these service packs are for. Please advise Janieb Janieb, The fixes for the Service Pack will be listed at the end of the Service Pack Installation Guide, which you can download from the SP 3 page: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/servicepacks/MDGP10_ServicePack3.htm The fixes for the hotfix are not as straightforward sometimes, as they are cumulative, so you may need to go to multiple KB articles to see them all. Here i...

Excel Line Feed Character
imported Text in cells are formatted with 3 line feed characters. If you use clean it deletes the characters and puts the text into one line. I need to be able to delete the Chr(10) and keep the formatting by a macro if possible. This file is needed to be uploaded into SAP which doesn't like CHR(10). Presently the only way to do this is to go to the end of each line and manually delete the three CHR(10) and all works well as the formatting stays the same. I have tried Substitute and Find and replace but it always ends up in single line.... Hope someone can help.... Thanks Rob ...

Help with Query 05-26-10
I want to run a query to exclude all Projects from the pjproj table EXCEPT those starting with and L, C, 08, 09, 10, 11, 01PM and 05PM I tried something like below but that did not work. select project from pjproj where project not in ('L%', 'C%', '08%', '09%', '10%', '11%', '01PM%', '05PM%') Id appreciate if someone can help me with the query Thanks Sam try something like this: select p.* from pjproj p where not exists ( select j.* from pjproj j where j.project = p.project and ...

How to block TCP/IP address?
I keep getting spam from a TCP/IP address in Beijing China. Namely, 124.116.235.209. The forged email-address (and domain name) of the sender varies, so I cannot use either a Message Rule or the Blocked Senders List to block a specific e-mail address. So I am left wondering if there is a way to block all e-mail from a specific TCP/IP address? This would need to be done in your firewall. "Michael T." <anonymous@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:TxoUi.2731$Nz7.824@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com... :I keep getting spam from a TCP/IP address in Beijing China. Namely, : 124.116...

email 10-15-07
Hi all, I want to send email to our customers (account). But, the e-mail template needed must contain the data of the related entity with account. For example, each account has invoice (this an entity related with account) and the content of this customers' invoice must be sent via email. It is not possible to create an e-mail template containing the data of invoice entity. Could anyone suggest me smtg? thanks. Hi, Look at the C360 Word Mail merge tool and use it to merge on invoice entities. With this tool you have the option to add related data to the mailmerge. Best regards, ...

email address in drop down list
We are trying to get create a drop down list with names that have hyperlink email properties I can get the list to display correctl I can get the list to pull the data from Worksheet #2, which lists the names and has their email addresses embedded in them But the list in the actual drop down list only displays the names....if I click on them it WILL NOT fire off my email program I can select a name from the list and then Right Click>Hyperlink>email address>edit manually but I would prefer that this work automatically Any thoughts/steps/ideas? try this need a combobox Private Sub C...

Outlook 2007
Hi - hope someone can help! I recently installed Windows 7 & used the MS transfer program to restore my old programs. Since then, I've been unable to use the address book in Outlook 2007 - contacts are there and work, but in 'Contacts/properties/outlook address book', Contacts is shown as the address book, but the option to "Show this folder as an email Address Book" is greyed out (an is not ticked) Any ideas? "snowdenn" <snowdenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84ED1F2A-A3EF-41C3-AC90-6ADF90C5E2FA@microsoft.com... >...

Is there a way to open a mailbox with Outlook that is hidden from address lists?
When the user is hidden I receive the error: The name could not be resolved... Is there a way to open the mailbox that is hidden from the address lists with Outlook? In news:%23H92Eeb%23FHA.3440@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Jaycee <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> typed: > When the user is hidden I receive the error: The name could not be > resolved... > > Is there a way to open the mailbox that is hidden from the address > lists with Outlook? If you unhide it, then open it in Outlook, and then re-hide it, I believe Outlook will still be able to open it. Not 100% sure, though...

Type mismatch 01-11-08
I have an access table linked to an excel spreadsheet and I have noticed that whenever the spreadsheet is open some of my access queries are getting an error of a "TYPE MISMATCH". When the spreadsheet is closed....everything works fine. Any ideas? ...