Entourage 2008 sometimes creates "sub-folders" by itself

Hello.
Sometimes, with some folders, Entourage 2008 creates sub-folders; these
sub-folders are then named after the messages that are in that folder, for
example "name of message 234566.eml". Anybody knows why? Howe can I stop
this behavior (unless it has any value).
Thanks.

0
dma
1/5/2010 6:40:25 PM
mac.office.entourage 1829 articles. 0 followers. Follow

13 Replies
943 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 45

On 2010-01-05 13:40:25 -0500, dma said:

> Sometimes, with some folders, Entourage 2008 creates sub-folders; these
> sub-folders are then named after the messages that are in that folder, for
> example "name of message 234566.eml". Anybody knows why? Howe can I stop
> this behavior (unless it has any value).
> Thanks.

This looks like a bug with Exchange servers I've seen before. Do you 
also sync with an iPhone or Blackberry??
I suspect that the server screws up the structures of some e-mails that 
Entourage then mistakes for folders.

          Corentin


-- 
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
    http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
                    MVPs are not MS employees 
               Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS
                 Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me
                  Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'écrire

0
MVP
1/6/2010 12:05:24 AM
I don't sync with iPhone, nor do I sync messages with my Blackberry ; just
contacts, calendars and notes (and not wirelessly, i.e only through the BB
Desktop Manager).
What I don't understand is why does it does this only with some folders?
I checked on the Exchange side (through the OWA web page); these sub-folders
are also listed. 
Finally, I also found that some "real" sub-folders contain nothing on the
Exchange side (while in Entourage there are real messages). ???

Can I safely delete these sub-folders in Entourage?
Thanks.

Le 05/01/10 7:05 PM, dans 2010010519052416807-korventeen@NoSpammvpsorg,
��MVP�� <korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> a �crit�:

> On 2010-01-05 13:40:25 -0500, dma said:
> 
>> Sometimes, with some folders, Entourage 2008 creates sub-folders; these
>> sub-folders are then named after the messages that are in that folder, for
>> example "name of message 234566.eml". Anybody knows why? Howe can I stop
>> this behavior (unless it has any value).
>> Thanks.
> 
> This looks like a bug with Exchange servers I've seen before. Do you
> also sync with an iPhone or Blackberry??
> I suspect that the server screws up the structures of some e-mails that
> Entourage then mistakes for folders.
> 
> ����������Corentin
> 

0
dma
1/6/2010 3:34:33 PM
dma <dmarchand001@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I don't sync with iPhone, nor do I sync messages with my Blackberry ; just
> contacts, calendars and notes (and not wirelessly, i.e only through the BB
> Desktop Manager).

BB Desktop Manager??
In any case, .elm is an extension used for e-mails and everything leads
me to believe Entoruage could not parse the "file" as a proper e-mail
and mistook it for a folder.

> What I don't understand is why does it does this only with some folders?
> I checked on the Exchange side (through the OWA web page); these sub-folders
> are also listed. 


That's why I suspected you were synching with something else. Could
these e-mails be generated by something else than Entourage itself?

It could also be a server issue...


Corentin

-- 
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
       http://www.mvps.org       -     http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    MVPs are not MS employees    -    Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS
 Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me    -      Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'�crire
0
korventeen
1/6/2010 5:28:10 PM
BB Desktop Manager  = Blackberry Desktop Manager (sorry).

I use Sync Services as well to keep it in sync with iCal, Album,... That are
used by the BB Desktop Manager to keep the BB in sync with Entourage.

Looks like a server issue.

I am looking at "Entourage 2008 web services upgrade (13.03) right now;
recommended?


Le 06/01/10 12:28 PM, dans
1jbwd7j.1dxp5us1ptr18gN%korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org, ��Corentin Cras-M�neur��
<korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> a �crit�:

> dma <dmarchand001@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> 
>> I don't sync with iPhone, nor do I sync messages with my Blackberry ; just
>> contacts, calendars and notes (and not wirelessly, i.e only through the BB
>> Desktop Manager).
> 
> BB Desktop Manager??
> In any case, .elm is an extension used for e-mails and everything leads
> me to believe Entoruage could not parse the "file" as a proper e-mail
> and mistook it for a folder.
> 
>> What I don't understand is why does it does this only with some folders?
>> I checked on the Exchange side (through the OWA web page); these sub-folders
>> are also listed.
> 
> 
> That's why I suspected you were synching with something else. Could
> these e-mails be generated by something else than Entourage itself?
> 
> It could also be a server issue...
> 
> 
> Corentin

0
dma
1/6/2010 9:19:12 PM
On 1/5/10 10:40 AM, in article 59bb0201.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "dma"
<dmarchand001@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Sometimes, with some folders, Entourage 2008 creates sub-folders; these
> sub-folders are then named after the messages that are in that folder, for
> example "name of message 234566.eml". Anybody knows why? Howe can I stop
> this behavior (unless it has any value).

There is no fix for this bug other than creating a new Identity and letting
Entourage sync back up to your Exchange server.

If you are willing to share your database with the developers, let me know.

-- 
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>


0
Diane_Ross_MVP
1/6/2010 10:43:51 PM
Hi again,
It would seem my problems are more complicated...
I now know that my local Entourage messages do not match the Exchange
server; so far, many messages are missing on the server side. I am not sure
if the local database is missing messages found on the server.

What should I do? I am worried; so I exported my existing Entourage database
in an "rge archive. I have both a POP and and Exchange accounts; I assume
that both are exported in the rge archive. Right? Including all contacts and
calendar,...?

Now I don't trust this Identity; something went wrong. How can I create a
new identity, import the rge archive (which I believe has everything) and
make sure the server (which doesn't seem to contain all the messages) has
the same content? I am not sure what will happen when I create the Exchange
account with the new identity. Which content will prevail?

Thanks.


Le 06/01/10 12:28 PM, dans
1jbwd7j.1dxp5us1ptr18gN%korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org, ��Corentin Cras-M�neur��
<korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> a �crit�:

> dma <dmarchand001@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> 
>> I don't sync with iPhone, nor do I sync messages with my Blackberry ; just
>> contacts, calendars and notes (and not wirelessly, i.e only through the BB
>> Desktop Manager).
> 
> BB Desktop Manager??
> In any case, .elm is an extension used for e-mails and everything leads
> me to believe Entoruage could not parse the "file" as a proper e-mail
> and mistook it for a folder.
> 
>> What I don't understand is why does it does this only with some folders?
>> I checked on the Exchange side (through the OWA web page); these sub-folders
>> are also listed.
> 
> 
> That's why I suspected you were synching with something else. Could
> these e-mails be generated by something else than Entourage itself?
> 
> It could also be a server issue...
> 
> 
> Corentin

0
dma
1/6/2010 11:18:07 PM
Thanks,

But I just found that the server side doesn't have all the messages of my
local database; I just replied to Corentin about this. Here is what I wrote
to him.

I now know that my local Entourage messages do not match the Exchange
server; so far, many messages are missing on the server side. I am not sure
if the local database is missing messages found on the server.

What should I do? I am worried; so I exported my existing Entourage database
in an "rge archive. I have both a POP and and Exchange accounts; I assume
that both are exported in the rge archive. Right? Including all contacts and
calendar,...?

How can I create anew identity, import the rge archive (which I believe has
everything) and make sure the server (which doesn't seem to contain all the
messages) has the same content? I am not sure what will happen when I create
the Exchange account with the new identity. Which content will prevail?


Le 06/01/10 5:43 PM, dans C76A5227.210BB%EntourageHelp@gmail.com,
��Diane_Ross_MVP@officeformac.com�� <Diane_Ross_MVP@officeformac.com> a
�crit�:

> On 1/5/10 10:40 AM, in article 59bb0201.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "dma"
> <dmarchand001@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> 
>> Sometimes, with some folders, Entourage 2008 creates sub-folders; these
>> sub-folders are then named after the messages that are in that folder, for
>> example "name of message 234566.eml". Anybody knows why? Howe can I stop
>> this behavior (unless it has any value).
> 
> There is no fix for this bug other than creating a new Identity and letting
> Entourage sync back up to your Exchange server.
> 
> If you are willing to share your database with the developers, let me know.

0
dma
1/6/2010 11:22:19 PM
On 1/6/10 3:22 PM, in article C76A855B.9859%dmarchand001@sympatico.ca, "dma"
<dmarchand001@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> What should I do? I am worried; so I exported my existing Entourage database
> in an "rge archive. I have both a POP and and Exchange accounts; I assume
> that both are exported in the rge archive. Right? Including all contacts and
> calendar,...?

Entourage 2008 does get all types of accounts. Not sure about contacts or
calendar but they should be exported as well. If not, you can copy from the
exchange account to the "On My Computer" calendar and Address Book.
> 
> How can I create anew identity, import the rge archive (which I believe has
> everything) and make sure the server (which doesn't seem to contain all the
> messages) has the same content? I am not sure what will happen when I create
> the Exchange account with the new identity. Which content will prevail?
> 
Under Entourage in the Menu bar, select Switch Identity. Click on New.

Under File > Import select to import archive file. Import the .rge file. You
will need to drag the imported files to the correct destination.

See these movies for dealing with MBOX and .rge files.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/video/index.html>


-- 
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>
YouTalk <http://tinyurl.com/bzcrjy> <-- Entourage mailing list
Twitter: follow <http://twitter.com/entouragehelp>

0
Diane
1/7/2010 2:15:28 AM
dma <dmarchand001@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> BB Desktop Manager  = Blackberry Desktop Manager (sorry).
> 
> I use Sync Services as well to keep it in sync with iCal, Album,... That are
> used by the BB Desktop Manager to keep the BB in sync with Entourage.


I see.

> Looks like a server issue.

Well that's what it looks like to me.
 
> I am looking at "Entourage 2008 web services upgrade (13.03) right now;
> recommended?

Well if your server supports it (up to date Exchange 2007), then it's a
significant improvement over the regular version of Entourage as far as
Exchange is concerned.
Not sure whether it'll correct the problem reported here, though,

          Corentin



-- 
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
       http://www.mvps.org       -     http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    MVPs are not MS employees    -    Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS
 Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me    -      Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'�crire
0
korventeen
1/7/2010 5:29:11 PM
dma <dmarchand001@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hi again,
> It would seem my problems are more complicated...
> I now know that my local Entourage messages do not match the Exchange
> server; so far, many messages are missing on the server side. I am not sure
> if the local database is missing messages found on the server.

You could trash the exchange cache and force-resync (but you might lose
local entries that didn't make it to the server). To be safe, you could
make a copy on the local folders (On My Computer section).
You could also try the EWS version....

> What should I do? I am worried; so I exported my existing Entourage database
> in an "rge archive. I have both a POP and and Exchange accounts; I assume
> that both are exported in the rge archive. Right? Including all contacts and
> calendar,...?
> 
> Now I don't trust this Identity; something went wrong. How can I create a
> new identity, import the rge archive (which I believe has everything) and
> make sure the server (which doesn't seem to contain all the messages) has
> the same content? I am not sure what will happen when I create the Exchange
> account with the new identity. Which content will prevail?


you could, but the backup process doesn't backup Exchange entries, only
the local ones, so again, I would copy anything you need to rescue in a
local folder.
You can also launch Entourage pressing the Option key down to rebuild
the identity.

Corentin


-- 
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
       http://www.mvps.org       -     http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    MVPs are not MS employees    -    Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS
 Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me    -      Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'�crire
0
korventeen
1/7/2010 5:29:12 PM
Thanks.
I finally backed up everything in an rge archive and manually (mbox) and
created a new identity. Then I imported from the reg file; the POP account
and the Exchange messages imported in 2 different folders. No big deal with
the POP account, but more work with the Exchange part ; because when I
re-created the accounts info the server re-created the Exchange part (so I
ended up with 2 sets of Exchange documents. Then I compared all folders of
the Exchange account with the one imported from the rge archive; there were
many holes and missing messages. Having the 2 sets of documents side by side
eased the process. When finished I simply deleted the reg imported old
Exchange files. Everything (as much as I can tell) seem to be OK on both
sides now.

Finally I rebuilded the database and installed 13.03; it of course
re-created the Exchange part from the server side.

Lot of work.


Le 07/01/10 12:29 PM, dans
1jby7w8.1et7xoez7hwn4N%korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org, ��Corentin Cras-M�neur��
<korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> a �crit�:

> dma <dmarchand001@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> 
>> Hi again,
>> It would seem my problems are more complicated...
>> I now know that my local Entourage messages do not match the Exchange
>> server; so far, many messages are missing on the server side. I am not sure
>> if the local database is missing messages found on the server.
> 
> You could trash the exchange cache and force-resync (but you might lose
> local entries that didn't make it to the server). To be safe, you could
> make a copy on the local folders (On My Computer section).
> You could also try the EWS version....
> 
>> What should I do? I am worried; so I exported my existing Entourage database
>> in an "rge archive. I have both a POP and and Exchange accounts; I assume
>> that both are exported in the rge archive. Right? Including all contacts and
>> calendar,...?
>> 
>> Now I don't trust this Identity; something went wrong. How can I create a
>> new identity, import the rge archive (which I believe has everything) and
>> make sure the server (which doesn't seem to contain all the messages) has
>> the same content? I am not sure what will happen when I create the Exchange
>> account with the new identity. Which content will prevail?
> 
> 
> you could, but the backup process doesn't backup Exchange entries, only
> the local ones, so again, I would copy anything you need to rescue in a
> local folder.
> You can also launch Entourage pressing the Option key down to rebuild
> the identity.
> 
> Corentin
> 

0
dma
1/7/2010 9:54:49 PM
Thanks.
I finally backed up everything in an rge archive and manually (mbox) and
created a new identity. Then I imported from the rge file; the POP account
and the Exchange messages imported in 2 different folders. No big deal with
the POP account, but more work with the Exchange part ; because when I
re-created the accounts info the server re-created the Exchange part (so I
ended up with 2 sets of Exchange documents. Then I compared all folders of
the Exchange account with the one imported from the rge archive; there were
many holes and missing messages. Having the 2 sets of documents side by side
eased the process. When finished, I simply deleted the "rge imported"
Exchange files. Everything (as much as I can tell) seem to be OK on both
sides now.

Finally I rebuilt the database and installed 13.03; it of course re-created
the Exchange part from the server side.

Lot of work.


Le 06/01/10 9:15 PM, dans C76A83C0.21152%EntourageHelp@gmail.com, ��Diane
Ross�� <EntourageHelp@gmail.com> a �crit�:

> On 1/6/10 3:22 PM, in article C76A855B.9859%dmarchand001@sympatico.ca, "dma"
> <dmarchand001@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> 
>> What should I do? I am worried; so I exported my existing Entourage database
>> in an "rge archive. I have both a POP and and Exchange accounts; I assume
>> that both are exported in the rge archive. Right? Including all contacts and
>> calendar,...?
> 
> Entourage 2008 does get all types of accounts. Not sure about contacts or
> calendar but they should be exported as well. If not, you can copy from the
> exchange account to the "On My Computer" calendar and Address Book.
>> 
>> How can I create anew identity, import the rge archive (which I believe has
>> everything) and make sure the server (which doesn't seem to contain all the
>> messages) has the same content? I am not sure what will happen when I create
>> the Exchange account with the new identity. Which content will prevail?
>> 
> Under Entourage in the Menu bar, select Switch Identity. Click on New.
> 
> Under File > Import select to import archive file. Import the .rge file. You
> will need to drag the imported files to the correct destination.
> 
> See these movies for dealing with MBOX and .rge files.
> 
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/video/index.html>
> 

0
dma
1/7/2010 9:56:13 PM
On 1/7/10 1:56 PM, in article C76BC2AD.2AC8%dmarchand001@sympatico.ca, "dma"
<dmarchand001@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Finally I rebuilt the database and installed 13.03; it of course re-created
> the Exchange part from the server side.
> 
> Lot of work.

I'm glad you now have all your mail recovered. It's an odd problem and not
many people can share their Identity for testing so the Developers can't fix
the problem.

-- 
Diane 

0
Diane_Ross_MVP
1/7/2010 10:52:37 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Permissions to sub-folders
Since sub-folder permissions must be given individually, would a possible solution be to create a .pst file for a main folder, transfer it to a common network drive where someone else can open it in their folder list? Are .pst files 'shareable'? Can a .pst file be made from a folder and all of its sub-folders? -- Sunrise ...

Protecting sub-folders of INBOX
Hi all I'm using Outlook 2003. I've created numerous sub-folders under INBOX. Is there anyway of making selected folders PRIVATE? I don't particularly want to hide them but would like to maybe 'password protect' them from prying eyes. Regards John Only specific Outlook items can be made private. Only the whole .pst file can be password protected. Folders are not subject to either private/password option. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent t...

Nokia PC Suite and Outlook (sub-folders of Contacts)
Hello, I am using PC Suite 6.70.22 for synchronising my contacts in Outlook 2003 with those of my Nokia 6021 phone. My problem is : in Outlook, I have several folders in "Contacts" containing several type of contacts. When I synchronise, only the contacts at the upper level in "Contacts" are transferred to phone, not those contained in folders. How is it possible to solve that problem ? Thanks in advance for your help. Gp. In news:1137344495.308032.128690@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, gildasp.pasdespam@laposte.net <gildasp.pasdespam@laposte.net> typed: > Hel...

Need help traversing a folder and/or identifying sub-folders
Hello, I am trying to write a vbscript that will tell me what, if any, versions of the Microsoft .NET framework is installed. I have found several, but none that will identify if .NET 3.5 or higher is installed. My thoughts on one method is that if folder a folder exists where the folder name starts with "v" followed by a number, then that version of .Net is installed. So, I get to the C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework folder. First, how do I identify the folders and not the files? I think these folders become part of a collection. I then loop through the co...

Re-order windows mail folders/sub-folders
My Inbox and all the folders/sub-folders suddenly disappeared, BUT I was still able to receive emails. I have them recovered via the Import method, but Now I have two Inboxes. Local Folders Inbox (1) and Local Folders Inbox (1) Imported Folders Inbox (2) Many sub-folders. Incoming mail is going into Inbox (1) I need to get Inbox (2) moved merged with and moved into Inbox (1) position, but it isn't so simple as to just move and paste. I want all the sub-folders to move with the Inbox. How do I accomplish this? ...

CRM Sales for Outlook sub-folders do not appear
A couple months ago I installed the CRM Sales for Outlook on Windows XP SP2 with Office 2003 Professional. It seemed to install correctly and I could see the various CRM buttons below the menu bar and the CRM pst folder. At some point the buttons disappeared and I am unable to recover them. The only subfolders available are Customer Forms, Deleted Items, and Seach Folders. I have added the MSN search Toolbar and updated a few other Microsoft apps. I don't know if that caused the problems with CRM in Outlook. To resolve it I tried to remove the CRM Sales for Outlook and the SQL s...

Granting access to sub-folders for other users
Can someone tell me how I can give users access to a particular user's sub-folder in contacts. I'm using Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000. Thanks in advance. Check Tools | Services | Delivery. Is the default delivery location set to the Exchange Server mailbox? If so, try this: First of all, display the folder list if it's not already displayed (View | Folder List). Right click the top-level folder in the list (Mailbox - <person's name) and select Properties. On the Permissions tab, grant the folder visible permission to all that need to see the Contacts subfolder. W...

inbox sub-folders appear in OWA but not in Outlook 2002
I have aproblem where I can see my inbox sub-folders in OWA but I cannot see them in Outlook 2002. We are running exchange 5.5 and OWA 5.5. Is there a compat issue? ...

#include sub-folders
Hi, I separate different files on my projects into different sub-folders, which makes #includes complex. I have looked at project settings and I can add these new sub-folders there so that they are searched when compiling, but child folders of the ones specified are not searched! Is there a setting that I can add to VS.net that basically tell the compiler: "search this folder and all siblings for the files you require"... or do I have to add each folder manually?! Joe Hummm.... Does anyone know of a third-party tool that can scan all the sub-dirs and add them to ...

Public Folders "Owners not able to create sub-folders"
Using Exchange 2003 I have created Top level public folders for users that have requested them. I have granted a specific individual Owner - Client permissions. but when they try to create sub-folders they get the following error message "Unable to create the folder. you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or you system administrator." Any help on this would be much appreciated. Regards. David In the Exchange System Manager, Expand Folders > Public folders, right click and select properties. There are explicit...

How to apply a format to all sub-folders
How can I apply a column format e.g. 'received date' to all the individual folders within my Inbox and avoid doing each one individually? Thanks Glyn ...

Inbox messages and sub-folders vanished
Hi I turned on my PC this morning and opened Outlook Express 6 as usual. My machine shut itself down. When I restarted it and opened Outlook again the messages from my Inbox (apart from those sent today)and Inbox sub-folders had all vanished. No other folders seem affected. What has happened? Can I get my messages back? Hi Sara, Do a search for *.dbx on your computer. Follow this article on how to import http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;270670 "Sara Steeles" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8c0a01c49660$d77b8600$a...

Outlook sub-folders
Hi all I have a minor problem that when one user creates a sub folder of her inbox, it duplicated and produces two of them, so she has to delete one. I have had a quick look through the knowledge base, and couldn't find anything. Has anyone stumbled accross this before? Thanks Karen Where does she see two? (Folder list or Outlook bar) What version of Outlook and Exchange? does anyone have delegation rights to the mailbox? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ...

Scrolling to show sub-folders when opening folders
Every other version of Outlook I have had scrolls up or down to show all the subfolders in an opened folder. 2003 is inert. If you open a folder at the bottom of the window, all the subfolders become "visible" off the bottom of the screen, and you have to scroll down manually to find them. When filing 100 or more e-mails per day, this wastes an extraordinary amounbt of time. PLEASE, is there any way to regain the 'auto-scroll-into-visible-window' feature Outlook has always had in the past? ...

Delegating Inbox Sub-Folders
EXCHANGE 2003 \ SERVER2003SP1 \ WINDOWSXPSP2 \ OUTLOOK 2003 When delegating a mailbox via Outlook to someone else so that they may read items from an Inbox, I cannot get it to show any sub folders that a user has created. Even when I right click the actual folder and go to "Sharing" and share it out it does not show. My method for mounting it on the client side is to migrate to: File\Open\Other Users Folder which essentially is the same as highlighting the current mailbox, right clicking and "Open Other Folder". Either one of these still does not show the sub folders. Als...

AutoArchving problem with Outlook 2003
Hello all, I'm really struggling to find a solution to my problem, so hopefully someone here will have some thoughts. I am the IT Manager for a company with c.160 staff and want to enable AutoArchiving on all user's accounts. We use Outlook 2003 for everyone and Exchange 2003 SP2 on the server. I have set all the settings I want using Group Policy and these have applied successfully to all machines. I have also used a registry file (that ran at logon) to change the location of the Archive.pst file. So, AutoArchiving is "working" correctly in effect, but none of the su...

Public Folders "Owners not able to create sub-folders" #2
Nicholas, Many thanks for your reply, but what I am talking about is sub-folders of an already created top level public folder. Our system is already restricted to only allow IT Support members to create top level public folders. when these are created and the personnel who needs to manage that public folder is given the appropriate Client Permissions they still cannot add subfolders. Many thanks in advance. "Nicholas Basile(MSFT)" <nicbas@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23d5MljfJEHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In the Exchange System Manager, Expand Fold...

Permission to acces Inbox sub-folders
I have to set up permissions for someone to see the Inbox and all sub-folders so that she can act as "owner" of all those folders. That is, she had to be able to reply/delete and move items between these folders. I can only find out how wto set up the main folder, but not the others. Any help would be appreciated, please. -- Gill W Life is not a rehearsal. Take time out to smell the flowers & enjoy the sunset. Right click the folder-> Properties-> tab Permissions For more info on setting permissions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm -- Robert S...

How to recover sub-folders accidentally "emptied" from a main fold
Within Storage Folders, on Windows Live Mail, I "emptied" items contained within a Deleted Items folder not realizing that I had a whole bunch of important sub-folders under the Deleted Items location (that's a whole other frustration when changing over from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail), how can I recover those sub-folders? OS: Vista 32-bit If you emptied the deleted items folder, and you don't have a backup, your only hope is an Undelete utility. Have it look for *.EML files. The more you do on the PC since the delete the less likely you'll be ...

Cascade current view to sub-folders
Hi, Is there any way I can set a custom View setting to a set of folders (e.g. set a view setting for a high-level folder and then have it cascade to all sub-folders)? By a custom View I mean the way that items in a folder shoud look - i.e. font settings and the like. Cheers, Stu ...

Retrieving Outlook Express sub-folders
Hi I had an issue with Outlook Express and my inbox.dbx file is definitely corrupted. Is there any way to retrieve the others e-mails located in the other subfolders? I tried the Import process under a new OE identity but it won't work since the inbox.dbx is not OK. Help greatly appreciated. Nicolas This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.ou...

Reminders in Calendar sub-folders
Hello, I have a client who, in addition to her main Outlook Calendar, has set up two additional Calendars for scheduling items that need to be kept separate from her main Calendar items. These Calendars are set up on the folder list as sub-folders of the main Calendar folder. When my client sets up a reminder for an item in one of these "sub-calendars", the reminder never appears at the appointed time. It never appears at all. However, when she sets up a reminder for an item in her main Calendar, the reminder works as it should. Any thoughts? Microsoft states reminder...

Creating Sub-Folders
Can I create a Folder in a Folder? Exmp: I have created a Folder named Accounts and would like to create subfolders in that Accounts folder, (i.e.; AMD, Paypal, eBay, etc,). Thanks Well, have you tried it? That should give you the answer. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Artreid" <artreid44@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:e0jYehC%23KHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Can I create a Folder in a Folder? Exmp: I have created a Folder named = > Accounts and would like to create ...

Can you archive just the inbox and not any sub-folders?
I'm using Outlook 2003 and when I select file>archive, I only see the option to "archive this folder and all subfolders". Is there a way to only archive the root folder and not the subfolders? If so, can this be done in Outlook 2002 also? Thank you. In news:1170421717.022349.228720@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com, pez <peter.zelonis@gmail.com> typed: > I'm using Outlook 2003 and when I select file>archive, I only see the > option to "archive this folder and all subfolders". Is there a way to > only archive the root folder and not the subfolde...

Sales Literature Sub-Folders
Hi Is it possible to create sub-folders under "Sales Literature"? e.g. Competitors Sales Literature etc... Cheers ...