Does Entourage 2004 run under Rosetta?

Entourage 2004 at times seems more sluggish on my new Intel Mac. Is it PPC
native or FAT Binary?

John
--
Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol
a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If you want to learn, get

0
John

On 2/15/10 12:41 AM, John Wolf wrote:

> Entourage 2004 at times seems more sluggish on my new Intel Mac. Is it PPC
> native or FAT Binary?

Entourage 2004 is PowerPC only and will be about 25% slower on an Intel
machine.

Entourage 2008 is a Universal Binary.

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William

Import gif to Word or PowerPoint 2004
After inserting a gif-graphic into a Word or PowerPoint-file, then saving, closing and opening the file again, I get instead of the graphic a black box. Any hints? I use MacOSX.3.4 and I just updated my office to mac-office 2004. In mac-office X I did not have this problems. Thanks Florian ...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Run Time Error '1004' Application or Onject-defined
Hi all. I am having a strange problem with the below code in that it produces the run time error when trying to Paste the Selection. However, if I perform the action manually in exactly the same way, as in recording the macro in the first place, it works!? How can I get this to run - it is after all, a really simple code. (Most frustrating) Thanks, Wes. Windows("Transaction_Record.xlsm").Activate Sheets("DETAILED_PMNTS_REC").Select Range("N2077:QV2089").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windows("AUDIT_TR...

Trouble Restoring Backup of Money 2002 to 2004
Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit. My HD crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk. But now I can't restore my old data that goes back years. When I double click on the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert for a few seconds. Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the floopy can't be read for some reason. Am I screwed? Your thoughts are valued! Bob Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then try restoring from there. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP -...

Deleted Entourage calendar events not deleting in iCal
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: imap Hi, <br><br>Here's yet another sync oddity regarding Entourage and iCal/Mobileme. When I delete a calendar item in my Entourage calendar, it is not getting deleted in iCal and MobileMe and, hence, my iPhone. Even when I sync the iPhone manually via iTunes, the deleted item remains. Any thoughts on how to correct this would be appreciated. <br><br>Thank you. ...

Can't Uninstall 2004 to Install 2005
I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. When trying to install 2005, it recommends that 2004 be uninstalled and offers to do it for me. The uninstallation stops when it cannot find the money.msi file anywhere. I don't have this file on my computer anymore (not sure if I ever had it). I would like to cleanly uninstall 2004 to install 2005. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Ted Medler wrote: >I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought >the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. > >When trying to install 2...

Entourage won't forward attachments
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have a user that is no longer able to forward attachments. When she clicks Forward on a message that has attachments the message is preserved but the attachments are lost. I know she could use &quot;Forward as Attachment&quot; but then the person on the receiving end of the message has to open the original message to get to the attachment. These are just normal files in the attachments, jpeg's, pdf's ect. Also, the machine is running fully updated 13.0.4 entourage EWS conne...

2004 to 2005
2005 created alot of bogus duplicate accounts with negative balances and e-pay and a-pay are not an option any longer in pay bills even though billpay is active. Been on the phone with tech support 4 times in the last week last time they said they'd call back with an answer--it's been 3 days. Anyone have any ideas? I'm a longtime user of money and like it but 2005 has really messed things up. Tech support has created alot of backups on my comp. hard to tell if I have any good ones anymore. Thanks Sorry for the duplicate but error came up on posting and said to "try...

OWA and ISA 2004
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have about 150 Users of which only 80 are in the main office and the rest work from home/on the road. Many of them were useing OWA in Exchange 5.5 for email. In the new envoirnment we are considering putting an ISA 2004 server in our DMZ and connecting this directly to our Exchange server on the Internal LAN. (No Front End Exchange Server) Is this option recomended from a security/performance perspective? We do not really want the expense of an additional Front End Exchange server if it is not really needed. The alternative wou...

Money 2004 Install Wizard won't come back :(
I need to find out how to get the initial setup wizard to run. I was going through the initial set up of accounts, but had to stop. I closed Money, assuming that it would save to that point and re-open to where I was. But now when I start money, it does not give me the wizard. It opens to the program home page. I tried uninstalling the program (not that much was entered, so it was no big thing), but it still opens on the money home page when I re-install and open it again. What do I need to do to get it to start fresh???? Please help. Thanks Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my emai...

Running a .bat file with spaces in the path.
I am trying to run a .bat file from a macro. The shell command works okay most of the time - but I cannot seem to make it work if there is a space in the path. (So, running C:\Apps\BFIle.bat works, but not C:\My Apps\BFile.bat) As the .bat file I want to run will change, I want to enter the path in a cell, and then run the macro with a button. This means simply enteing the path in double quotation marks in the Shell command will not work. BFile = Range("A2").Value i = Shell (BFile, 1) Any ideas? Odd that a space is giving you a problem. This works for me whether the path has a ...

Vanishing Entourage Message Text
OK, so here's a good one. On the MacBook Pro, running latest OS and up to date Office 2004, some email messages display no text. Toggling the "display complex HTML" does not resolve this. If I get the same message forwarded through another user, it often displays properly. Suggestions? Dan Hi Dan, are you by any chance connected to an Exchange 2003 server? If yes, Microsoft released a patch a week or two ago which introduced a bug in OWA. They are aware of the problem and working on a fix. If that does not explain your problem, you'll have to post back and be more sp...

What file to look for on my hard drive back up to recover my Entourage contact list?

running external program, waiting for completion
I'm trying to start an external utility from a C++ program, but I'm having some problems I've tried various approaches, but all seem to suffer from the same problem: I can start the utility but if I try to wait for it to exit, then I'll wait forever (& the utility never seems to start running). One example: SHELLEXECUTEINFO ShExecInfo = {0}; ShExecInfo.cbSize = sizeof(SHELLEXECUTEINFO); ShExecInfo.fMask = SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS; ShExecInfo.hwnd = NULL; ShExecInfo.lpVerb = _T("open"); ShExecInfo.lpFile = "c:\\xxx\\yyy\\zzz.exe"; ShExecInfo.lpPar...

Public Function not running
Hey, I have a public function that I call from a cell. The function is: Public Function QuitTime(strQuitTime As String) As Date Dim strHour, strMin As String Dim intHour, intMin As Integer Dim dtTime As Date strHour = Left(strQuitTime, 2) strMin = Right(strQuitTime, 2) dtTime = strHour & ":" & strMin dtTime = dtTime + Range("MainSheet!B2") ' this cell contains the value today() QuitTime = dtTime End Function Anyway, I run a vlookup on this array from another sheet and when ever i run that vlookup, it makes all the cells in th...

Accessing desktop shortcuts when programs are running
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there any way to toggle between program windows and the desktop so that you can access the shortcut icons there without resizing or minimizing your program windows? It would be great to be able to do this, especially when I have four or five word documents open . . . Thanks! You can use the ApplicationName> Hide ApplicationName or Hide Others command to hide the window(s) to access the Desktop - assuming you don't have any other application windows open. However, you might want to explore other more effective...

Word 2004 Filenames as autotext
I frequently place file names in footers using AutoText. Suddenly Word is adding "FILENAME" before my file name. There are also a grayed-out box before and after the text. So "file.doc" is now "FILENANE file.doc." How do I get Word to just add the file name without "FILENAME" and these boxes? I've been using Word since it was first introduced. Sometimes I think that this program has just become far too cumbersome. Thanks for your help. E. Volchok In article <1180564378.495744.312060@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, edvolchok@nyc.rr.com wrot...

Allow active x controls to run in RMS POS
Hi there. When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS computer, I get the error message "Your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page", and it doesn't work. It works fine on my back office pc, and I can't find any difference between the IE settings on the two pcs. Where would I find the setting to allow active x controls to run? Cheers Problem solved, windows automatically blocked it because I sent it as an email attachment from my office pc Mheill wrote: > Hi there. > > When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS co...

How to run Office:Mac on a PC?
For better support of Mac users, I want to run Office:Mac on a PC. Though I know about PearPC http://pearpc.sourceforge.net, I did not yet give it a try. Are there other solutions available? Many thanks for all hints and explanations, Thomas Hi Thomas, as far as I know, there aren't that many solutions to run Mac OS X on PCs. I have heard of PearPC, but I don't think that you can legally run Mac OS X on a non-Apple computer; if I remember correctly, the license agreement states that you are supposed to run OS X on Apple hardware only. Also, since you can only buy Mac OS X for Power...

Damaged Fonts with Office 2004?
When I run FontDoctor or Extensis Suitcase's font diagnostic/repair program, six fonts that come with MS Office 2004 are reported to be damaged. The message indicates that the resource fork for the following fonts is damaged: MS Gothic.ttf MS Mincho.ttf MS PGothic.ttf MS PMincho.ttf PMingLiU.ttf SimSun.ttf These fonts come this way on the Office 2004 CD. Are these fonts actually damaged, or is this just some quirk of FontDoctor and Suitcases' diagnostic treatment of Windows Truetype fonts? ...

HELP: Add textbox to a frame at run time
Hi All, How can I add text boxes on the form at run time based on what user inputs in a textbox? For eg: I have a textbox "Total Students" , so Once I input a number in that textbox, I want to have that many textboxes on the form during run time. If I input 4 I want four textboxes to be displayed on the form. Thanks in advance ...

un posted trx warning on GL year end run
We have a situation here as follows: When tried to Year end close 2007 on GL after closing all relavant modules we received a warning message "A single-use batch or quick journal transaction has not been posted yet. Do you want to continue closing ?" We put our maximum effort to find any pending trx that of year 2007 but without success. On a test basis we override the above warning and ran the year end procedure. When finished we find out that 3 multi-currency transactions are effected on the retained earnings account (debited 3 trx and the same amount included as credit t...

Money 2004 #6
I experienced a problem using Money 2004 that I thought I would check and see if anyone else has experience. Last week, Money 2004 automatically entered bills for August 2004 into my register approximately 1 month ahead of their due date. I tried deleting them to bring the account balance current, and when that didn't work, I tried disabling and re-enabling online services. I only fixed the issue when I actually restored my data from a back up disc from a few days prior to the issue. I just was curious if other users have experience a similiar issue. Thanks! ...

Money 2004 #33
Hi, Please advice. Can I run Money 2004 with Pentium 133 Classic? I've checked that system requirement is at least Pentium 166. What will happen if I decided to go ahead? Thanks, Riglin Nothing disastrous - it will just be very slow. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Riglin" <Riglin@quanyin.com> wrote in message news:3ff520dc_1@news.tm.net.my... > Hi, Please advice. Can I run Money 2004 with Pentium 133 Classic? I've >...

Front-End Server? and ISA 2004
Hi Quick question - we are upgrading two exchange 2000 servers to 2003. At the moment we have no front end server and OWA is published for each server seperately through ISA 2000. This was done to avoid the cost of another Exchange server for a front end. I would like to have a single page using Forms Authentication for OWA - I have been told that ISA 2004 does this - or does it? Does ISA 2004 act as a frontend server? will I have to configure a front-end exchange server for this to work or have separate OWA login pages for each server? On 25 Nov 2004 18:47:07 -0800, ajmarriott@xtra.co.n...