Default email addresses keep changing.

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

I upgraded to version 12.2.4 and every so often the default email addresses that I have chosen, switch to another email address such as the default was Home and is now Office.  Even after I change them back, it can change again.   <br>
This is a problem because when I compose an email, I now have to be very careful which default address appears so that I send the email to the right place! <br>
We have more than one Mac.  I run Office Business; some use Student/Teacher. Some use Snow Leopard; others Leopard. Some sync to MobilMe; others don't.  Processors are Intel or PowerPC.  This happens on all of them! It must be this new release of Entourage? <br>
So how do I fix it?
0
W_G

On 4/16/10 11:05 PM, W_G@officeformac.com wrote:
> I upgraded to version 12.2.4 and every so often the default email
> addresses that I have chosen, switch to another email address such as
> the default was Home and is now Office. Even after I change them back,
> it can change again.
> This is a problem because when I compose an email, I now have to be very
> careful which default address appears so that I send the email to the
> right place!
> We have more than one Mac. I run Office Business; some use
> Student/Teacher. Some use Snow Leopard; others Leopard. Some sync to
> MobilMe; others don't. Processors are Intel or PowerPC. This happens on
> all of them! It must be this new release of Entourage?

I'm not sure I get exactly what you are describing, but in preferences
you can set to reply from default address or uncheck and it will reply
to the address that received.

If the problem is sending and you need to switch SMTP...

NetworkLocation has two main components: Locations and AutoLocate.
Locations are groups of settings that go together based on your
location; for example, office settings, work settings, etc. Be sure to
read the MacWorld review. $29

<http://www.macworld.com/article/140266/2009/04/networklocation3.html?lsrc=mwgems>

Changing SMTP servers for multiple accounts

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/script/fav_scripts.html#change_smtp>

Send and receive E-mail while Traveling

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/travel.html>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>

--B_3354793877_19909498

On 4/21/10 11:21 PM, in article 59bb70cf.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"W_G@officeformac.com" <W_G@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Diane thanks.  I'll read all of that, but this is the problem.  Let's say you
> are listed in my address book as d.ross@personal.com and d.ross@company.com in
> the same contact.  Your company account is the default address in my Entourage
> address book.  Every so often, Entourage "decides" that your default address
> is no longer your business address but is now your personal address.  I don't
> know why it does this.  Bill

That is not expected behavior. In all the years I�ve used Entourage I never
remember this being reported. However database corruption can cause some
strange behavior.

You can try this, but be sure you have a backup in the Finder of your
Identity first. Also make sure if you have Groups, that you have them all
entered into the Address Book. Entourage cannot export groups. I suggest
adding a category with the name of the group to each group member. This will
allow you to easily recreate your groups.

1. Under File > Export select to export only Contacts as .rge.
2. During the Export process it will ask if you want to keep in Entourage or
delete. Select Delete.
3. Import that same file back into Entourage

Sometimes this will clear corruption in your contacts.

Your next option might be moving into a new Identity. Lots of work since you
can�t import from same version. See these directions.

How to manually move your data. (when import fails and/or you need to move
to a new Identity same version or revert to an older version)

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/manual_install.html>

Hope this helps!
--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

--B_3354793877_19909498

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Default email addresses keep changing.</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt'>On 4/21=
/10 11:21 PM, in article <a href=3D"59bb70cf.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">59bb70=
cf.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href=3D"W_G@officeformac.com">W_G@o=
fficeformac.com</a>&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"W_G@officeformac.com">W_G@officeforma=
c.com</a>&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYL=
E=3D'font-size:11pt'>Diane thanks. &nbsp;I'll read all of that, but this is th=
e problem. &nbsp;Let's say you are listed in my address book as <FONT COLOR=3D=
"#0000FF"><U><a href=3D"d.ross@personal.com">d.ross@personal.com</a></U></FONT=
> and <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U><a href=3D"d.ross@company.com">d.ross@company.c=
om</a></U></FONT> in the same contact. &nbsp;Your company account is the def=
ault address in my Entourage address book. &nbsp;Every so often, Entourage &=
quot;decides&quot; that your default address is no longer your business addr=
ess but is now your personal address. &nbsp;I don't know why it does this. &=
nbsp;Bill<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STY=
LE=3D'font-size:11pt'><BR>
That is not expected behavior. In all the years I&#8217;ve used Entourage I=
 never remember this being reported. However database corruption can cause s=
ome strange behavior.<BR>
<BR>
You can try this, but be sure you have a backup in the Finder of your Ident=
ity first. Also make sure if you have Groups, that you have them all entered=
 into the Address Book. Entourage cannot export groups. I suggest adding a c=
ategory with the name of the group to each group member. This will allow you=
 to easily recreate your groups.<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><OL><LI><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'f=
ont-size:11pt'>Under File &gt; Export select to export only Contacts as .rge=
..
</SPAN></FONT><LI><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-=
size:11pt'>During the Export process it will ask if you want to keep in Ento=
urage or delete. Select Delete.
</SPAN></FONT><LI><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-=
size:11pt'>Import that same file back into Entourage <BR>
</SPAN></FONT></OL><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font=
-size:11pt'><BR>
Sometimes this will clear corruption in your contacts.<BR>
<BR>
Your next option might be moving into a new Identity. Lots of work since yo=
u can&#8217;t import from same version. See these directions.<BR>
<BR>
How to manually move your data. (when import fails and/or you need to move =
to a new Identity same version or revert to an older version)<BR>
<BR>
&lt;<a href=3D"http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/manual_install.html">htt=
p://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/manual_install.html</a>&gt; <BR>
<BR>
Hope this helps! <BR>
-- <BR>
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP<BR>
Entourage Help Page &nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;<a href=3D"http://">http://</a>www.entour=
age.mvps.org/&gt;<BR>
Entourage Help Blog &nbsp;&lt;<a href=3D"http://">http://</a>blog.entourage.m=
vps.org/&gt;<BR>
YouTalk &lt;<a href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/bzcrjy">http://tinyurl.com/bzcrjy</=
a>&gt; &lt;-- Entourage mailing list<BR>
Twitter: follow &lt;<a href=3D"http://twitter.com/entouragehelp">http://twitt=
er.com/entouragehelp</a>&gt;<BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3354793877_19909498--

0
Diane
4/22/2010 10:11:13 PM
Diane, <br>
I have used Office since it came out.  Was that Office 98?  And I've never seen it either.  I'll give it a bash and let you know the results. <br>
Thanks again. <br>
Bill
0
W_G

how to insert automatically date on emails sent and received
My outgoing emails and some i ncoming emails do not contain the date sent and received. ...

Not receiving emails #2
I recently swtiched to Microsoft outlook from Outlook Express. I am not receiving emails automatically. I have to hit the send/receive in order to receive emails. On Wed, 04 May 2005 07:31:20 -1000, brenda <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently swtiched to Microsoft outlook from Outlook Express. I am not > receiving emails automatically. I have to hit the send/receive in order > to > receive emails. > What version of Outlook are you running and what mode (Corp/Workgroup, Internet Mail Only, etc.) do you have it installed in? If you're n...

How do I send a direct email?
Hi everyone I have a marketing list of 225 contacts selected from the main database, and I want to send them each a personalised direct email. I have a template set up for this, but can't figure out how to bring this together with the marketing list to launch the campaign. The instructions I have say that I should see 'Send direct email' in the actions menu, or see an icon on the action bar. I have neither. Help! As far as I remember, direct e-mail is only available in the web client and does not appear in the Outlook client. Also, I think it is only available in a contact ...

Disable outlook blocking email attachments
Does anyone know how to Disable outlook blocking email attachments Better is to have them resend in a compressed mail format. Anyway; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/blockedattachments.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166a301c44817$1cb7ed00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to Disable outlook blocking email > attachments Thanks for the help. Mike >-----...

Email line spacing

Outlook 2000; email display isssues
Very strange issue! Have 2 computers with same problem; when they click on a previously read email, their new email shows up. New email does not get received when clicking the Send/Receive button or as it normally should from the Exchange server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jennie McLean <jennifer.mclean@krause.com> wrote: > Have 2 computers with same problem; when they click on a previously > read email, their new email shows up. > > New email does not get received when clicking the Send/Receive button > or as it normally should from the Exchange server...

Priv.edb file size does not change
I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. I check the size of the Priv.edb file to see how close I am coming to the 16GB limit periodically. All year I've been sitting at 10.1GB. I would have thought that value would have increased or decreased in 6 months. Is the size of Priv.edb a reliable way to determine how close I am getting to the 16GB limit? Thanks, John On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:27:11 -0400, "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. I check the size of the Priv.edb file to >see how close I am coming to the 16GB limit per...

Email Router: Emails not delivered to recipients
Hi, We are currently using CRM email router to handle sending of emails. Emails are generated by some workflows. Everything was working fine for us, even though emails were being sent up to 1 hour later (we had no problem with a delay). For some reason emails are not being delivered anymore. The workflows are successful however when clicking on the email properties in the workflow I get the following message: "The email has not yet been submitted for delivery, For more information see help" It seems like the email is 'stuck' at the router and not being sent. Any ...

Forward Emails to GMail
My office Outlook 2007 runs with Exchange. I can't seem to be able to create a rule that will forward my Exchange e-mail to my GMail account. Any assistance would be appreciated. Craig. Auto-forwarding to the internet may be disabled by Exchange. You should ask your Exchange Admin if it's allowed for you to send your work email to a personal email account. It may not be. "CraigH" <CraigH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80AC0BB8-A575-4229-A443-B3F18F50B87E@microsoft.com... > My office Outlook 2007 runs with Exchange. I can't s...

Help with email receiving in Windows 7
In the past, I did not have any problem with receiving emails in Window XP. A week ago, I started using a new Windows 7 computer and Outlook2007. I now have a problem with getting emails. Very few emails are coming in Inbox. No emails are seen in Junk e-mail box. But there is no problem receiving RSS feeds and outgoing emails. The only problem is incoming emails. When checked "test account settings" in Outlook, outgoing and incoming emails are OK. It appears that Windows 7 system interfere with receiving incoming mails (by setting a tough antispam bar). Does anybody ha...

e-mail address converted to include single quotes
Occasionally when sending a new email or replying to an email the address is changed upon sending to include single quotes, ie. username@userdomain.com changes to 'username@userdomain.com'. When this happens the email is kicked back as undeliverable. here is what the kickback looks like, I had to substitute username into the actual email addresses. -----Original Message----- From: MAILER-DAEMON@vbbn.com [mailto:MAILER- DAEMON@vbbn.com] Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:16 AM To: username@pesenv.com Subject: Undeliverable mail: Document Delivery to 369 Pine Failed to deliver to ...

Personal Address Book
I believe there's a limit on how many individuals can be added to a PAB...anyone know the exact number? ...

per user mailbox size defaults
Good afternoon, I know exchange 2003 standard has a 16 gb limit, 18 gb limit if you update to service pack 2. However, if i uncheck the limits in the mailbox store and set no limits, can a user still send / receive when his mailbox is 8gb ? my priv1.edb is 13gb but one user has 8 gb for his exchange mailbox size. he was getting an error earlier in the day about not being able to send / receive b/c of the default limits were set. i unchecked the settings in the mailbox store and right now it's working great. thanks, -- Colin Camp Actually, the upward limit for store size in Sta...

when trying to send emails outlook says server not recognized
when trying to send emails through Outlook there is an error message that says server not recognized. Has sending ever worked with that account/machine? Have you verified the SMTP (outgoing mail) server name? "Ron O" <Ron O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A31B6388-DE5F-45CA-B23D-A87449234168@microsoft.com... > when trying to send emails through Outlook there is an error message that > says server not recognized. ...

CRM4: outgoing email doesn't work
Hi all, i've upgraded from CRM3 to CRM4 (sbs w2k3 r2). On the previous installation i had no problems with email. I deinstalled previous exchange connector and installed a 4.0 one. Configured it as it said in the documentation. When i hit Test Access it says Name: ***@***.** Incoming Status: Succeeded Server: *** Outgoing Status: Succeeded incoming emails get inside with no problem. but outgoing emails don't work. in the event log the following message appears. Please advice. Thank you! #61042 - An error occurred while processing the outgoing e-mail message with subject "te...

Formatting Address List names
Is it posible to bold or otherwise format the address list names in Exchange 2003? I have nested address lists such as company, division, department , and wish to highlight the address list names. I also wish to sort the lists in non alphabetic order Thank Katarina ...

Exchange 2000 address books permissions problem
I have several exchange address books in all address books and global address books. My problem is thus - I want to hide certain address books from all users of a particular domain ie the Global Address Book from Doma in 1 users. I have tried denying to domain 1\ users as well as denying from domain 1\securitygroup - where the security group contains those users. I have also blocked inheritance on the test address book I wish to hide - Any ideas ???? ...

Outlook email
When I want to write an email, I click on 'new' then 'TO:'. On the right side of the screen, it says 'Show Names from the:', and in the white box below, it says Contacts. Problem is, that 'Contacts' file is empty. If I click on the drop down arrow just to the right of the word Contacts, I get a list. The top item in the list, indented slightly to the left, is "Outlook Address Book", which is empty. The other three items in the drop down list are all labeled 'Contacts', but the first one is blank, and the other two have my full contact li...

Urgent Help! Internal email not been routed to a queue
Hi All I am haveing a problem at one of our clients. External emails route 100% to a queue setup in Microsoft CRM 4.0. However, emails sent from internal do not reach the queue. They end up in the mailbox for the queue but never make it down to CRM. I have changed and messed around with all the settings I can think of, such as changing the configuration of the router, changing the way emails are sent and received etc. Has anyone come across this before and know how to fix this? Thanks in advance! Kuven ...

How do I change the "and" to "or" with multiple Rules (and Alerts)?
In Outlook you can configure rules in the "Rules and Alerts" Wizard by checking various options such as "from people or distribution list", "with specified words in the subject", etc. etc. When you check 2 or more of these , they are listed with "and" between each rule, but I need them to be listed with "or", how can I change that? -- bschimmel you can't change it. Outlook only does AND between rules. You'll need to make separate rules. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

Outlook Address Book retro transfer
Howdy all, I am needing to know how to export the Outlook Address book from Outlook 2000 and import it into either a pab file or into Outlook 98. Any ideas/help? Much thanks! JP Outlook does not use an address book. It uses a Contacts Folder, which, along with all other Outlook data, resides in a PST file. The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "JP" &l...

I am trying to show names in my address book in last name first or
I am trying to show names in my address book in last name first order. KB gives info about sorting contacts but that does not help me with my personal address book. When you post questions, include your Outlook version so someone can answer you. ------ Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] M Gerber wrote: > I am trying to show names in my address book in last name first order. KB > gives info about sorting contacts but that does not help me with my personal > address book. ...

How can I change my OL 2003 PST from Compressible Encryption to High Encryption ?
According to the MS KB, once you create a PST with either Compressable or High Encryption, it cannot be changed. Well, since Compressable is the default, that is what mine is, and I fear that the various PST cracking programs around could break it, so I would like to switch to High. Is there an easy way to do this or am I going to to be forced to create a new PST, select High amd import the existing one ? Thanks, Scott ...

Replied icon does not appear on relied to emails
After I click Reply to reply to a received email the envelope icon does not change to a Replied To icon with the grey left pointing arrow icon. Glancing at my Inbox I therefore cannot tell if I have replied or not. Also the info bar does not indicate that a reply has been sent. I am using Outlook 2003. How can I correct this? Thanks for any help. Did you ever get a response/resolution for this? We are having the same problem and I have been unable to get it resolved. Thanks, Pam "David Rhys Davies" wrote: > After I click Reply to reply to a received email the envelope ic...

How to transfer email files out of Microsoft Express?
I need some help - I am getting ready to move all my stuff to a new computer - I cannot seem to get my emails out of Microsoft Express - except by moving each one individually which will take forever. I tried making a folder and placing a copies of all the emails in it, which was successful - but I can't move that folder out of Microsoft Express either - the Help file is no help on this issue - This must come up all the time so there should be a way to do it... Please help! Thanks, Judy Try asking in an Outlook Express group - this group supports Outlook from the MIcrosoft Office s...