Database over 13 GB..Please help!!

In Entourage 2004, I have noticed my database is at 13.54 GB!  Obviously, it
is way too large and I don't know why.  What can I do to reduce the database
size AND my hard disk size on my mac?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

0
Xavier

On 1/12/10 5:11 PM, in article C77287E6.21FD3%xaviguerra@yahoo.com, "Xavier
Guerra" <xaviguerra@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In Entourage 2004, I have noticed my database is at 13.54 GB!  Obviously, it
> is way too large and I don't know why.  What can I do to reduce the database
> size AND my hard disk size on my mac?

Do a File > Export as .reg (this is the default action). Compare the size of
the .rge to the database file in your Identity. The difference is wasted
space.

Option to reduce.

Use Compact in the Database Utility to get rid of wasted space.

Use Export as .rge and select to delete after exporting to get rid of older
emails.

One of the best options is to check your Inbox and Sent folder. Sort by
oldest. Drag by year to a subfolder. Now you can drag the older years to the
desktop as MBOX files. Delete after you export.

If you have a lot of duplicates, you can use scripts to get rid of those.
Without knowing exactly what is the cause of the large database, this should
get you started.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/database/reduce.html>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane

Error message when open 97 database on access 2003
Dear All, When I use Access 2003 to open Access 97 database, it will pop-up a error message : "Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find 'Custprice 0%'. Please confirm the object exist, and you didn't make the wrong name or path of the object". I got a same message when I open that mdb file on access 2000 and XP. I only have little knowledge in Access. Please help me. Thank you very much. p.s. My Access is Chinese version, so that the sentence may not be exactly translation. -- KenL ...

Please help
I succesfully installed Microsoft CRM SBS on a SBS server. When i try to add users to CRM I get a error message that the users have no CAL (client access license) and for that reason can to be add to CRM. Can someone please help me with this problem? Is there a way to assign a CAL to a user, i do not know how to do this.... Ron A CAL is a licence. You have already used the number of licences allowed by your licence. To tell CRM not to count a user as using a licence, open the user, and select restricted access mode on the front screen. Any user with this option selected will not be using ...

cd liner TEMPLATE HELP!
I think it was a week ago that I saw someone asking for help with a template for a CD 'liner' which would carry the title of the CD. Somewhere along the way I'v lost my records of the newsgroup and have had to do a rebuild. Rebuild was no problem, but will someone please give me the contents of the answer/s ? Many thanks. You can always search the archives of this newsgroup thru Google. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "john" <john.masefield@poetshead.co.uk> wrote in message news:94q9k1d2m12ua19ukiar3dm07lrojgmcru@4ax.com... >I think it was a...

help needed with a combo box
Hi, I am trying to create a database for ordering materials. I have a form with two tabs. The first tab is for order details and the second tab is for order items (with a subfrm to list products for that order). On tab one I select the supplier for the order. When I go to tab two, to fill out the order items I have a combo box for ‘Product code’ and I want the combo box to only show products for the supplier I selected on tab one. The products are all in the same table and the column for ‘supplier name’ is linked to ‘supplier name’ in another table for suppliers details. In the combo...

Email with anote as an attachment .. help
Hi I have in the quote a note (attachment - mht file ) I want to create an activity email with the quote note as the attachment Can I do it ??? besides the way to open the Note, Save it, and finally attach it... -- Thx, Omry ...

Why would a dialog not construct properly? Help needed...
I am rather new to mfc and do not know what to look for... I have a dialog class that is derived from CDialog, here is the constructor: class CSegmentMode : public CDialog { // Construction public: CSegmentMode(CWnd* pParent = NULL); // standard constructor // Dialog Data //{{AFX_DATA(CSegmentMode) enum { IDD = IDD_SEGMENT }; CListBox m_wndSliceNum; //}}AFX_DATA // Overrides // ClassWizard generated virtual function overrides //{{AFX_VIRTUAL(CSegmentMode) public: protected: virtual void DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX); // DDX/DDV support //}}AFX_VIRTUAL // Implementati...

Help! Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 are not compatible?
Help! Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 are not compatible? Hi all, I just don't understand this. I have a Excel sheet which was created in Excel Xp 2003. And it is full of calculations. When I open it in Excel 2007, And press SHIFT+F9, it always gives "NO-CELL" error. Basically it doesn't run at all. But when I go to each cell, and following the logical dependency, and refresh/recalculate each cell one by one, then the results are correct... But there are so many cells and manually going through them are infeasbile. What can I do now? Can anybody help me? Thanks! Try re...

Help pls
I have a form for data entry only with 2 controls "initials" and "notesEntry" On the main form, there is a link to open the above form [frm_Logs_NotesEntry] and on the [frm_Logs_NotesEntry] form is a button to transfer the notes entered to the main form's subform I will have mutliple forms using the [frm_Logs_NotesEntry] for data entry and on each form the subform is standard name sfrm_NAMEOFMAINFORM_NotesOnly. Here's the code: Private Sub enterNotes_Click() Dim xNotes As String Dim xInitials As String Dim xDate As Date Dim yNotes As String ...

Help, How can I deduct time for a timesheet?
I am currently working on a timesheet and its urgent that I can sort something out today. we work on a flexi basis this lady has a contracted hours of 14:48 hours a work and she worked 12.21 hours last week but it doesn't seem to like to deduct time I think it should be -2.27 (2 hours 27 minutes) but it just comes up ############# I don't think it likes the minutes????? It works ok if she has worked over her contracted hours. Can anyone help me please. Thanks Jo, The # signs indicate that the column in which the cell with your result displays is formatted too narrowly to s...

Exchange Notifications not working :-( help
Hello all, Ok here is my new problem. Exchange Notifications not working. I’m running Exchange 2003 enterprise Cluster I have setup monitoring of the C drive free space threshold, SMTP Queues growth and some other default monitoring exchange stuff. I then went to the notifications of exchange system manager and setup email notifications. I know one of my drives on exchange exceeded its size and passed the threshold in the monitoring tab, the other day the SMTP queues growths were exceeded also. I setup my notification to send an alert to an email address and on the warning sta...

Excel Help File Problems
Our company is using Office 2000 on Window 2000 / NT OS. I recently had some issues and had to have my hard drive re-imaged. I am a relative novice with Excel VBA and rely heavily on the VBA Hel files. Unfortunately the hot links on the top of the help pages ar missing and there is only a placeholder (small square box shaddow wit a dot in the middle). These use to have hot links such as "See Also", "Examples", Methods" etc. Most of the hot links embedded withing the text of the help files d not work either. A common error message that appears would be: "An ...

Secure mail wizard please help me!!
Hi I use windwos 2003 SBS server with two network cards: Lan side Ip:192.16.x.x Wan side: Ip:172.16.x.x I trying to publish a mail server using "Secure mail wizard" of ISA server. I completed with no errors this procedure, but i don't view anything!! Can help me to resolve this problem? Or find another way to publish my mail server? TA Simona On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:07:46 +0100, "Simona" <123star@libero.it> wrote: >Hi >I use windwos 2003 SBS server with two network cards: >Lan side Ip:192.16.x.x >Wan side: Ip:172.16.x.x >I trying to publish a mai...

Help
I am using store ops version 1.3.1010. We are using a windows and not an OPOS printer for our receipt printing. When we post a transaction, I would like the cashier to have the ability to enter how many copies of receipt to print before it prints. To do this I added the PrintReceipt hook to my windows registry, and have code added to my custom DLL that is triggered when this hook is activated. That piece is working fine. My code contains the following lines: Dim MyCount as Integer MyCount = InputBox("Enter receipt quantity", "Receipt Quantity") posSession.Configu...

help with formula #2
Here is the answer of my question sent to Google on 2003- 07-15 00:41:33 PST : """ Tim wrote in message: > > I've got a workbook with many worksheets on it(about 60). On 2 columns > on a sheet in this workbook i have data and i need to export this data > to particular cells in other worksheets. For example on columns A1:A20 > and B1:B20 on a worksheet is my data and I want to export the contents > of cells A1B1 to cells A1B1 in worksheet1 then data from A2B2 to cells > A2B2 in worksheet2 and so on. > What is the easiest way to do this job? > ...

Multiple criteria IIF function help
Hello, I am trying to create an IIF query field where if RtgGrp not equal NA or Non, the return Yes, otherwise return No. But it is not working. What is wrong with the formula? Thanks NoNONV?: IIf([RtgGrp]<>"NA" or "Non","Yes","No") On Mon, 17 May 2010 09:18:01 -0700, Cam wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to create an IIF query field where if RtgGrp not equal NA or > Non, the return Yes, otherwise return No. But it is not working. What is > wrong with the formula? Thanks > > NoNONV?: IIf([RtgGrp]<>&...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. #3
Okay...I'm doing what Microsoft asked us to do with Money 2005. After Money finds the credit card & attempts to update I get the following error message: Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. "Later" has been two days now. ...

Help configuring email delivery
how do I configure my email server to deliver email destined for a specific domain to a specific IP address in Microsoft Exchange server 2003? For example if i wanted all outbound messages for xyz.com to be directly delivered to IP address 64.15.2.25, ho wwould I configure that? Thanks. configure an additional smtp connector...you will have the option to do just that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "TD" <TD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:925866B8-C382-4BC9-A4FA-4736CEC6D953@microsoft.com... > how do I configure my email server to deliver email destined f...

Main Form (Urgent Please)
When we run an Access Database, it runs within MS Access. Now I want to know: In some other language i.e. Visual Basic if i make a sofware, can i use MS Access Database in the background. So that in front Screen there will run someother sofware without MS Access but in the backgroun i will use MS Access Database. is this possible? -- Best Regards Shakeel Ahmad shakeel.ahmad215@gmail.com www.groups.yahoo.com/group/islam-the-final-truth www.geocities.com/shakeelahmad_79 On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:32:58 +0500, "Shakeel Ahmad" <shakeel.ahmad215@gmail.com> wrote: >When ...

Help with a Query 02-29-08
How would I do this in Access: I keep getting errors: update target set Assemrec = source.Recno from @Components target Join @Components source on '<$-' + target.RefDes + '>' = source.RefDes On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:54:11 -0800 (PST), "the_grove_man@yahoo.com" <the_grove_man@yahoo.com> wrote: >How would I do this in Access: I keep getting errors: > >update target >set Assemrec = source.Recno >from @Components target Join @Components source on '<$-' + >target.RefDes + '>' = source.RefDes This isn...

Customising toolbars and menus in a secure database
Hi, I have a secured database and four users. Is it possible to restrict the toolbars and menus for the users, but allow full menus and toolbars for the administrator? I want to be able to stop the users from being able to view anything but the front-end forms and reports and menus to export, print, save, close etc. But still maintain full menus when I have to do some 'behind-the-scenes' work. Thanks ...

outlook 2003 01-13-10
Hello all My outlook appears to be trying to sen email to several address I don't know some of the email have attachments with the name happy new year ! any ideas I am concerned. Thans for youe time. Ray -- raytraci ------------------------------------------------------------------------ raytraci's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/95522.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1292880.htm http://forums.techarena.in "raytraci" <raytraci.44qxnc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:raytraci.44qxnc@DoNotSpam.com...

Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits"
this message never goes away until you ctrl-altldel any ideas /solutions? How large is your .pst file ? If that get too large (close to 2 GB) this could cause the problem. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "boceto" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2fc101c40095$e10a6b20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > this message never goes away until you ctrl-altldel any > ideas /solutions? ...

Help with Money Plus Deluxe
I'm trying to use Money Plus Deluxe on a Dell Inspiron 350 running 32-bit Vista Home Premium. I keep getting the error message "Your current security settings do not allow that file to download." when I try to open my accounts list, bills, anything except for online pages. I can see the online Investment Center and I can see a list of my investment under My Portfolio, but I get the error message when I try to update any investment. I also get Alerts that I have bills due/overdue, but can't open anything to PAY them. It looks like the data is there, Money just won&#...

runtime error 13
I have the typical code for doing a record look up ... Private Sub Combo156_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[ID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![Combo156], 0)) If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark End Sub The problem is if I backspace an entry in the combo box and move to another field it considers the entry a type mismatch. The field appears blank when this happens, but apprently the control thinks otherwise. How can I prevent this from happening? Thanks, Paul Assuming...

Moving a MS Access database to a Mac
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Novice question: What are the options for moving a Wintel platform's Microsoft Access .mdb database to a Mac platform? What is the difficulty in making such a transfer? Thanks, in advance, for any advice. On 9/11/08 12:45 PM, in article 59b59413.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "HenriJ@officeformac.com" <HenriJ@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > > Novice question: What are the options for moving a Wintel platform's Microsoft > Access .mdb database to a Mac platform? What is the diff...