Clarification on EWS/Exchange 2007 free/busy issue - free/busy blocked for users list with specific access to calendar

Clarification: Free/busy is denied to any user that has been granted
specific access to a user's calendar when EWS is used to add/change a
permission for a person or group.  If the user is a member of a security
group listed with access to the calendars, all users in the group will be
denied access to free/busy to the calendar.

We've discovered that when a user uses EWS (version 13.0.3) to modify
calendar permissions (Exchange 2007) on his/her calendar that this causes an
issue where the free/busy info is no longer available to any user
listed/granted specific access to the user's calendar.

When we go into Outlook 2007 to look at the user's calendar permissions they
are all displayed as "Custom".  On examination, the permissions are correct
EXCEPT  in the Read section the setting has been set to "None" and grayed
out (hence the Custom level). Normally for the permission levels (Reviewer,
Editor, etc). ) granted the Read setting should be "All Details".  The
Default entry is still set correctly to Free/Busy.

It appears that at least in our Exchange environment that the free/busy is
being set to None on ALL permission entries (except Default) on a person's
calendar when EWS is used to change or add permissions to any entry.  We've
verified this on several EWS installations.

For example:

User A had previously added User B and C as Reviewers to his calendar using
a pre-EWS client. User A upgraded to EWS and now adds User D as Editor to
his calendar.  After the User D is added, each calendar permission entry for
all three users (B,C,D) are changed so the Read Attribute is set to
"None"/grayed out rather than "Free/busy". From this point on when Users B,
C or D attempt to schedule a meeting with User A, none of them will be able
to see any free/busy for him.

When User A accesses his calendar using Outlook 2007, he sees all three
Users (B-D) set as Custom with Read attribute � None/grayed out. Only the
Default entry is still set to "Free/Busy time" so EWS fortunately is
creating a situation such that free/busy is denied to all users.

0
Bill

Also EWS cannot change the "Folder Visible" attribute on the Default entry
for the calendar.  I was able to set this using Outlook 2007 but not with
EWS.

On 2/12/10 2:48 PM, in article C79B1AA0.11BC8%bbryson@txstate.edu, "Bill
Bryson" <bbryson@txstate.edu> wrote:

> Clarification: Free/busy is denied to any user that has been granted
> specific access to a user's calendar when EWS is used to add/change a
> permission for a person or group.  If the user is a member of a security
> group listed with access to the calendars, all users in the group will be
> denied access to free/busy to the calendar.
>
> We've discovered that when a user uses EWS (version 13.0.3) to modify
> calendar permissions (Exchange 2007) on his/her calendar that this causes an
> issue where the free/busy info is no longer available to any user
> listed/granted specific access to the user's calendar.
>
> When we go into Outlook 2007 to look at the user's calendar permissions they
> are all displayed as "Custom".  On examination, the permissions are correct
> EXCEPT  in the Read section the setting has been set to "None" and grayed
> out (hence the Custom level). Normally for the permission levels (Reviewer,
> Editor, etc). ) granted the Read setting should be "All Details".  The
> Default entry is still set correctly to Free/Busy.
>
> It appears that at least in our Exchange environment that the free/busy is
> being set to None on ALL permission entries (except Default) on a person's
> calendar when EWS is used to change or add permissions to any entry.  We've
> verified this on several EWS installations.
>
> For example:
>
> User A had previously added User B and C as Reviewers to his calendar using
> a pre-EWS client. User A upgraded to EWS and now adds User D as Editor to
> his calendar.  After the User D is added, each calendar permission entry for
> all three users (B,C,D) are changed so the Read Attribute is set to
> "None"/grayed out rather than "Free/busy". From this point on when Users B,
> C or D attempt to schedule a meeting with User A, none of them will be able
> to see any free/busy for him.
>
> When User A accesses his calendar using Outlook 2007, he sees all three
> Users (B-D) set as Custom with Read attribute � None/grayed out. Only the
> Default entry is still set to "Free/Busy time" so EWS fortunately is
> creating a situation such that free/busy is denied to all users.

0
Bill

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

allowing relaying... security issues
We are using Exchange 2000 on an SBS 2000 machine. We signed up with Spam Soap - an outside company to provide incoming/outgoing SMTP mail filtering . As part of their service, you also configure them as a "smart host". This is configured in the virtual SMTP Server area - in the advanced options for delivery. Also, in order to have this work properly, the SMTP Connector we had configured in the 'Connectors' area also had to be removed. We have an in-house VB .net application that automatically sends auto-generated emails. This particular application is configured and...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Reporting from Project Server

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

Users ability to Manage Groups

contact list #13

how to find an item in a list control?

Business Portal should allow requisition to be added to issued PO
The printing of a PO changes the status of the PO from New to Released (signifying the release of the PO to the vendor). Once a PO has been released, it will not show as a PO you can add items to from business portal. The current design of the product only allows you to add to POs with a status of New. Adding an item to a Released PO should trigger a change order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

SQL 2005 Great Plains 9 issue
I will try to keep this succinct. I am running Great Plains 9 with SQL 2005 on separate servers. Recently I brought up a new SQL server(called sql02) to replace the old SQL server(called sql01). After installing SQL 2005 on the new server and restoring all the databases I renamed the new server(sql02) to the name of the old Server(sql01). Great Plains worked happily after that. On the new SQL server now called SQL01 there are two database engines in SQL Studio, one is called SQL02 and the other is called SQL01. I would rather not have SQL02 there, but I'm not sure how to delet...

outlook 2007 e-mail

Business Portal Development

Access to User Calendar

Viewing group calendars in CRM