Can I retrieve deleted email from the enlarged database

Version: v.X
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC
Email Client: pop

My v.X database is 950Mb with very little email. I know this is because of the deleted emails of the past and that rebuilding the database would produce a new database the right size. I would like to know if I can get to the deleted emails. Can I get them back. I have run in to an issue that I need them.
0
petermacman

<FONT FACE="Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:12pt'>On 5/11/10 11:41 PM, in article <a href="59bb859f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">59bb859f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href="petermacman@officeformac.com">petermacman@officeformac.com</a>&quot; <<a href="petermacman@officeformac.com">petermacman@officeformac.com</a>> wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE="Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:12pt'> My v.X database is 950Mb with very little email. I know this is because of the deleted emails of the past and that rebuilding the database would produce a new database the right size. I would like to know if I can get to the deleted emails. Can I get them back. I have run in to an issue that I need them.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE="Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:12pt'><BR>
Your question is not clear. I&#8217;ll try to go over some basics to see if this answers your question.<BR>
<BR>
Messages in the Deleted Items folder will remain a part of the database until you delete them. Once they are deleted from the Deleted Items folder they are gone.<BR>
<BR>
When you rebuild, the items in the Deleted Items folder will remain after the rebuild. You can take the&quot;Old Database Cache&quot; and &quot;Old Database&quot; from the rebuild and create a new Identity by making a new folder and placing these files in the new folder. Remove the word &quot;old&quot;. Use Switch Identity to view.<BR>
<BR>
If you want to regain space after a rebuild, you need to Compress the Identity.<BR>
<BR>
Hope this helps! <BR>
-- <BR>
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP<BR>
Entourage Help Page &nbsp;&nbsp;<<a href="http://">http://</a>www.entourage.mvps.org/><BR>
Entourage Help Blog &nbsp;<<a href="http://">http://</a>blog.entourage.mvps.org/><BR>
Twitter: follow <<a href="http://twitter.com/entouragehelp">http://twitter.com/entouragehelp</a>><BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
0
Diane_Ross_MVP

Workflow eMail 03-21-07
What email address is used for the FROM field when defining an email in workflow? thanks The From field is depended on the owner of the record. Hopr this helps! Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Mar 21, 9:38 am, "Dyawlak" <dyaw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > What email address is used for the FROM field when defining an email in > workflow? > > thanks Thanks Darren, in the case of Service case, is that the owner of the Account? Thanks "Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174490272.633022.73240@...

Removing Email Guid CRM: :MRC
Hello, We have MSCRM 1.2 and I can't seem to get rid of the guid from emails. I have added: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM\MessageTagBehavior with a value of 0 as described in the MSFT's KB article and rebooted both the CRM and Exch servers. Is there something that I need to do in addition to the aforementioned? Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks, Ray Ray, Where did you add the regitry key? It should be added on the exchange server and not on the CRM server. Also have you used a DWORD? The solution should work, we have done it with multiple servers at our current c...

Outbox won't send email with an attachment
After composing an email and attaching a word document, I click send and it goes to the outbox but does not send it. How can I resolve this problem? ...

Can't add files to Media Player!
I'm getting REALLY frustrated with MP11! It's easy to go online and find audio files but I can't figure out how to add a bunch of mp3 files I've created on my computer! Where's HELP in the program? I told it to check the directory where I have these files, but that's not working! There's no menu option to "add files??" Arrgh! On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:41:01 -0800, Bob Munk <Bob Munk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm getting REALLY frustrated with MP11! It's easy to go online and find >audio files but I can...

New Database in Storage Group question
I think I have some corruption in an exisiting database in my Storage Group. What I am doing is moving all mailboxes to a newly created database within this storage group. Is this a good thing to do? I was figuring instead of taking the corrupted database (I am getting some 1025 errors) down for 50+ hours while I run isinteg, I could just move the mailboxes to a new database. Will this work? Since I am allowed 5 databases within a storage group, what is Microsoft best practices when it comes to database size? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Best practice is to keep the size ...

Recently moved home. Using dads ISP. Can't send or recieve email
Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account with my own personal user name and password? Boomerang <Boomerang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers > ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and > receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account > with my own personal user name and password? With the ISP? You...

Unable to add email account to new users or old users
I have tried to add new users with new email accounts. The user account is created but does not add a email account. The exchange tabs show up but there is no information in them I have also used the exchange wizard to add a email account to current domain user. The wizard says works BUT when check the properties on the user is show no email account under the exchange tab. -- Donovan Please use my new email account at donovan@nglm.com Pls check this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317654 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Donovan Ellis" <donovan@nglm.com>...

Can not close the mailbox.
Hello, I was using MDaemon groupware before and then uninstall it. Then, I try to remove the mailbox that the MDaemon Groupware had created. but the Outlook prompt me "The set of folder could not be open" and the detail is "This error usually appears if the OST or PST file you are using is: Unavailable Protected with file permissions On a share on a server and the network is down Corrupt To correct this problem, store the OST or PST file on the local computer. You may also want to run the scanost.exe and scanpst.exe tools to verify file integrity. More information about ...

Can't open workbook by clicking on file
Why won't double-clicking open the workbook? When I am in Windows Explorer (or other folder) with excel file in it I double-click on the file and xcel opens WITHOUT a workbook! If I have one or two workbooks open and double click on the nex workbook I want to open, it still opens a blank xcell window, not blank workbook, a blank xcell window. I am runningwindows XP. It did this with office 2000, and now afte installing Office XP 2004 it STILL does it. The only way to open a workbook is to open excel first and then us open command and navigate. Sounds minor, but can't do merge i...

Cannot delete one message in Windows Mail
A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be deleted ? On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:43:18 +0100, John Kirby wrote: > A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be > deleted ? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

Cascade delete
Hi, I need to find out if the cascade delete option is set on any of the tables in my database. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers Mounilk Mounilk (mounilkadakia@hotmail.com) writes: > I need to find out if the cascade delete option is set on any of the > tables in my database. Any help is greatly appreciated. Look up the catalog view sys.foreign_keys in Books Online. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL S...

Can't use links
Every time I try to click a link I get an error message "general failure. the url was: "http....etc Any idea what's going on? I can't even enable instant search or click any links in my email. Always get the same error message (obviously with different url info). I welcome your suggestions and thanks in advance. I just recently upgraded from office 2003 and 2007 is awesome! This appears to be a default browser problem. In the two cases I found by searching, the problem was solved by setting IE to be the default browser; in one case by using "Set Program acces...

Can you create a table of contents from the worksheet tabs in a w.
I use Excel files that have up multiple worksheets. Is there an easy way to create a summary worksheet at the beginning of the workbook that is a linked table of contents based on the worksheet tab names? Much like how PowerPoint allows you to see an Outline view of the slides. In a perfect scenario, if I renamed a worksheet tab, that information would be reflected in the table of contents. Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm "sumatradc" wrote: > I use Excel files that have up multiple worksheets. Is there an easy way to > create a summary wor...

Can't delete Contacts in Address Book in Outlook 2000
It might be coincidental, but soon after I installed the Outlook Personal Folders Backup, it seems now I can't delete names from my Contacts and I want to delete names I no longer need to send e-mails to. When I attempt to delete those names, I get this message: Some names could not be deleted from the address list. The action could not be completed. Does anyone know how to get around this? ...

cannot reply to some emails in outlook 2007
In some emails, i cannot seem to reply. I get a white area to type the reply, but when typing nothing appears. My signature doesn't appear automatically either, as it usually does. Other emails for some reason are just fine and I can reply to them without problem. Anyone have any suggestions? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.inf...

out off office assistant does not send email outside of network
When we use the out of office assistant, it only works with internal email inside the network. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you in advance, j. hoffa wrote: > When we use the out of office assistant, it only works > with internal email inside the network. Does anyone have > any suggestions. > > Thank you in advance, That's the default setting - you will find your Admin will be VERY reluctant to change it. Which version of OL are you using? We use Exchange at work and OOO Assistant works beyond the LAN. --Steve >-----Original Message----- >When we...

Can I make a Cladogram using microsoft Excel?
I'm using microsoft offfice 2003 and was curious is there anyway I can make a caldogram using the program? I know that it is possible to make a family tree; however this is inifficient in depicting ancestoral progression of the species- which would be better display with a cladogram. Any Help greatly appreciated! Hi, Maybe fernando cinquegrani's cluster or grafi examples may help. http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html It should be possible to construct a chart using a xy-scatter and various charting tricks. But a lot depends on how you have this data stored. Cheers Andy La...

How can I data sort to more than 3 levels
Is there a technique or add-in utility that will let me do a data sort in Excel to 4 or more levels at once. Currently you can only do 3 levels, and then you have to separate the data to do more. Thanks for any help -- Pam LaDue ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pam LaDue's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36773 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564880 You have replies at your other post. Pam LaDue wrote: > > Is there a technique or add-in utility that will let me d...

Help: pivot chart data in secured Access database wont show fields
Hello Is there a way for me to crate a pivot chart in Excel where the data is in a secured access database. By default (ie using system.mdw) the Access security allows a user view permissions on the tables. When connecting to the database the tables are visible, but the next step where the fields get shown doesnt happen, no fields can be selected. Is this a security issue? Is there a way around this? Thanks A ...

Link sent by email incomplete in subject line
MSKB Article 327010 Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is there a fee? Thank you, L Moore LMoore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? > If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is > there a fee? If contacting Microsoft is the only way to get the hotfix and if you PC is experiencing the problem described by the article, there is usually no charge. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Ra...

Email Help???
I am currently running Windows 2K with Office 2000. When ever I go to send an email message, the message hangs. When I click on send, the message remains open with the hourglass for a good 30 seconds before being sent. Has anyone come across this problem? Any suggestions??? Thanx in advance.... ...

email to multiple contacts
I want to send an email template to a number of contacts. How can I mask the fact that I'm sending it to multiple contacts? If I enter all the info in the to: area, all contacts can see each other. Create an email template and use the "Send Direct E-mail" action in the grids. It will send an individual e-mail to each recipient. Jason Hunt Invoke Systems This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "wags" <wags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C601631-3BB1-45BA-9626-9391E4C3137F@microsoft.com....

How can I import Smartdraw Files in Visio
I have files I created in Smartdraw *.sdr and I would like to import them into Viso as I no longer use Smartdraw. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, John Pierce Visio does not have an import filter for Smartdraw. You might be able to Copy / Paste your drawing as a metafile image between the applications. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John Pierce" <JohnPierce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F0B751B-4D16-406F-81B8-7F56844963FA@microsoft....

update to database
Hi How can I update changes made in visio 2003 to SQL 2000 server When I did refresh model, the update database option is grayed out Is it not possible to do that in professional edition thanks database forward engineering is only available in the enterprise architect edition. al "j75251" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FF41FF7-DE31-495A-A14A-0D66A9EFBF99@microsoft.com... > Hi, > How can I update changes made in visio 2003 to SQL 2000 server? > When I did refresh model, the update database option is grayed out. > Is it not possible to d...

Problem receiving some emails
I have not received several emails over the last few days that were sent to me. Address is correct. I have received many emails on those days, but a few never came through. This is very important!!! -- ZC Check to see if those missing emails are accessible on the server by going to your webmail page (using Internet Explorer). If the emails aren't on your provider's server, Windows Mail can't download them. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "zcovey" wrote in message news:FA5013FF-6E36-47C5-A35B-380509D648F7@microsoft.com... I have not receiv...