Calendar Events and Tasks are deleting on their own 12-17-09

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

This is a weird one. I even took my MacBook to the Apple Store and they couldn't figure this one out. <br><br>My calendar events and Tasks are deleting within one minute of me creating them. It also deleted all of my events that were previously entered. There are a few that stayed and did not delete. I cannot find a pattern to determine which stayed and which got deleted. The thing that i did notice about events that stayed is that they are all All Day Events. New All Day Events delete. <br><br>This has been going on for a couple weeks now. This is very frustrating because i love this program and organize my life in it. Please help!!!!
0
gddnlax3

------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01CA7F67.52092310

Can you check if you have any rule or a mailing list set in Entourage.
  <gddnlax3@officeformac.com> wrote in message =
  Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: =
Intel Email Client: pop This is a weird one. I even took my MacBook to =
the Apple Store and they couldn't figure this one out.=20

  My calendar events and Tasks are deleting within one minute of me =
creating them. It also deleted all of my events that were previously =
entered. There are a few that stayed and did not delete. I cannot find a =
pattern to determine which stayed and which got deleted. The thing that =
i did notice about events that stayed is that they are all All Day =
Events. New All Day Events delete.=20

  This has been going on for a couple weeks now. This is very =
frustrating because i love this program and organize my life in it. =
Please help!!!!
------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01CA7F67.52092310

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18865"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>Can you check if you have any rule or a =
mailing list set=20
in Entourage.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>&lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:gddnlax3@officeformac.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow =
link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:gddnlax3@officeformac.com">gddnlax3@officeformac.com</A>&g=
t;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:59baf3c4.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">news:59baf3c4.-1@webcro=
ssing.JaKIaxP2ac0</A>...</DIV>Version:=20
  2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email =
Client:=20
  pop This is a weird one. I even took my MacBook to the Apple Store and =
they=20
  couldn't figure this one out. <BR><BR>My calendar events and Tasks are =

  deleting within one minute of me creating them. It also deleted all of =
my=20
  events that were previously entered. There are a few that stayed and =
did not=20
  delete. I cannot find a pattern to determine which stayed and which =
got=20
  deleted. The thing that i did notice about events that stayed is that =
they are=20
  all All Day Events. New All Day Events delete. <BR><BR>This has been =
going on=20
  for a couple weeks now. This is very frustrating because i love this =
program=20
  and organize my life in it. Please help!!!!</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01CA7F67.52092310--

0
Pawan
12/17/2009 4:51:45 PM
> in Entourage. <br>
>  style=&quot;BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px&quot;> <br>
>   <   title=&quot;mailto:gddnlax3@officeformac.com <br>
CTRL + Click to follow link&quot;  <br>
>   href=&quot;mailto:gddnlax3@officeformac.com&quot;>gddnlax3@officeformac.com>  <br>
>   wrote in message    href=&quot;news:59baf3c4.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0&quot;>news:59baf3c4.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0...Version:  <br>
>   2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client:  <br>
>   pop This is a weird one. I even took my MacBook to the Apple Store and they  <br>
>   couldn't figure this one out. My calendar events and Tasks are  <br>
>   deleting within one minute of me creating them. It also deleted all of my  <br>
>   events that were previously entered. There are a few that stayed and did not  <br>
>   delete. I cannot find a pattern to determine which stayed and which got  <br>
>   deleted. The thing that i did notice about events that stayed is that they are  <br>
>   all All Day Events. New All Day Events delete. This has been going on  <br>
>   for a couple weeks now. This is very frustrating because i love this program  <br>
>   and organize my life in it. Please help!!!!
0
gddnlax3
12/17/2009 5:59:02 PM

gddnl...@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor:
> Intel Email Client: pop This is a weird one. I even took my MacBook to
> the Apple Store and they couldn't figure this one out.
>
> My calendar events and Tasks are deleting within one minute of me
> creating them. It also deleted all of my events that were previously
> entered. There are a few that stayed and did not delete. I cannot find
> a pattern to determine which stayed and which got deleted. The thing
> that i did notice about events that stayed is that they are all All Day
> Events. New All Day Events delete.
>
> This has been going on for a couple weeks now. This is very frustrating
> because i love this program and organize my life in it. Please help!!!!

Can you check to see if you've got sync turned on in Entourage. Go to
prefs sync and see if anything in sync is turned on.

Sync in Entourage can do what you're describing if more than one
module is turned on at a time. I've had this happen. It won't stop
until you do a couple of things that I'll describe if it is turned on.

Let me know. Turn it off and this will stop and once I hear from you
I'll let you know how to safely engage sync.
0
Kerry

OWA and Calendars
I have set up mailboxes for our meeting rooms and have them set to automatically book the room from a meeting request. This works with outlook. From OWA I was getting an error that I did not have rights to send to that account, so I enabled the anonymous and gave it author rights, now the email request goes to the mailbox, but it does not autobook the room. What can I do??? .. ...

Calendar/Organizing Program
I wonder if anyone would know if Microsoft makes a program that would be like outlook, but without the mail feature. I want a computer program that has a main calendar that can be shared, along with a task list feature without the clutter of the mail feature. Some sort of mass organizer with reminder features... bells and whistles :P "JMSwanson" <JMSwanson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBC135FE-D10D-4F97-AFE7-1D7EE7CB42D7@microsoft.com... >I wonder if anyone would know if Microsoft makes a program that would be like > outlook, but withou...

Service Contract Deletion
Is there any way to delete a contract that has a status of cancled or invoiced? When ever we try to delte these contracts it says the current status of this contract does not allow this action. I tried renewing the contract, that one I could delete, but it still leaves the contract with the status of cancled in the list. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Billy Dodson Billy, From a built-in supported functionality side, once the contract becomes active it can't be deleted. In general, the tool prevents you from deleting entries that might cause a data integrity problem or would rem...

text on document is really small even though it is set at 12 why?
When I am in a word 03 document the text displayed is really small, even though the font size is set at 12. Either that or the page is really big Have you tried changing the zoom rate? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "suzannah" <suzannah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:894012CB-69D6-48BC-92DC-54DBAF71CB7C@microsoft.com... > When I am in a word 03 document the text displayed is really small, even > though the font size is set at 12. Either that or the page is...

Chart Events
Hi, I was referred to an article by Jon Peltier for how to trap chart events and it was very helpful with trapping mouse clicks on all areas of a chart. I've got some code that inserts small jpg images on the chart whenever a single chart point is selected. That portion works well. I'd like a user to use the arrow keys to move from point to point rather than mouse clicking on each point. One reason for this is that some groups of datapoints are tightly packed and difficult to click on separately. The Chart Events routines provided by the article don't recognize subse...

Accidentally deleted transaction from my register
I accidentally deleted a record from my account register for my bank account. I was trying to cancel an edit I had made to a particular record, and hit the "Delete" button by mistake. The transaction I deleted posted on 11/1/2006 and was for $223.03. What confuses me is that my posted balance on my bank account's website does still match exactly the bank balance listed in Microsoft Money. I have two questions: 1. Is there a way to get that record back? I would like to keep it tracked as an expense in my budget. I'm not too worried about this single record, but wa...

BeginWaitCursor() and Event Driven !!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C6F116.F796FD80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable BeginWaitCursor() and EndWaitCursor() work fine within the same function. But I wish to raise the waiting clock within the OnShowWindow method, and remove it after a while, within another method called later on!. My application is Dialog based. Methods are correctly called in the time line, and BeginWaitCursor() and EndWaitCursor() are also called at the right time. The wait cursor doesn't change...

Event id 5891

Deleting e-mail "color" rules
I have set up the maximum number of color rules in my inbox (on home Outlook XP client only, no Exchange Server) and wish to set up new rules, however I continually get the "maximum number of rules" message. How would I reset all the rules to allow me to set up new color codes ? Thanks in advance. They are views, not rules. View, Current View, Define View... colors are under automatic formatting. You can add or remove just the color formatting rules. BTW - I'm curious as to how many rules you have? Non-exchange users should have a very high limit. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP ...

Event ID 9318
Hello I have two Exchange 5.5. The newly installed box is having an error, What does this mean: Event ID 9318 Source: MSExchangeMTA Description: An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 5, NT/MTA error code: 1722. Comms error 1722, Bind error 1722, Remote Server Name <Remote Server> [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10] (14) Hoping for your reply. Mark Check out the following articles: 261251 XCON: Check DNS When Receiving Event ID 9318 with Windows NT Error 1722 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=261251 170056 XCON: Messages Back Up on MTA ...

scheduling routine, but recurring, tasks
I have several "processes" that take place in the office on a regular basis. For example, when a new client begins, we have a laundry list of 14 tasks that take place anywhere from day one, when the client says "yes" to three months later. Even following up with an client...I have one task to send a letter a week before our meeting, one task for a staff member to make a confirm call the day before, another to print/prepare for the meeting, etc. Is there any way to create a "process" or "campaign" or something in Outlook that I can assign all these mul...

Automatic daily printing from Calendar?
I have been asked to find out if there is a way to set up a shared calendar to print off daily? I'm not really into writing code, so if there is a way I'd need some very clever and kind person to write it in the reply for me and tell me how to set up this automation. If it is not possible (which I suspect) anyone got any ideas on alternative methods, please? In news:1118152092.529209.46040@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, gill.webster@virgin.net <gill.webster@virgin.net> typed: > I have been asked to find out if there is a way to set up a shared > calendar to print off d...

OL 2003 Calendar items are missing categorization
I have a user that is using Microsoft Office 2003 with MS Exchange 2003 on a domain with Active Directory. Prior to last Friday (11/13/2009), the user was able to view all Calendar events in OL along with their corresponding categorization ("color-coded" you could say). The user came in on Friday and discovered that many of the calendar events no longer had any categorization. The events are still in tact, but they are no longer "color-coded"/categorized. It may be worth mentioning that the machine was forced to restart on Thursday evening/early Friday m...

Outlook 2003 - Calendar problem
Hello, I am running XP SP2, Office Outlook 2003 SP3, about 2 weeks ago, when trying to accept any new meeting requests I get the following error: 'This meeting is not in the Calendar; it may have been moved or deleted'. Sometimes I need to come out of outlook and go back in after accepting a meeting to see it in the calendar. Would anyone know what is causing this or more impotantly - How to Fix it Please Help Me :-( ...

E-mails deleted in Outlook going to deleted email box on live.com
I recently transferred my contacts from Yahoo.com to live.com using the Trueswitch feature provided by live.com. Ever since then, anything I delete in Outlook, goes into the live.com deleted email's folder at Live.com (actually on the server). Also, a copy of any emails Outlook downloads from yahoo end up in the deleted items folder on live.com as well. This really puzzles me, and I dont know how to stop it. Can anyone help? By Outlook do you mean Outlook Express or Outlook97/98/2000+ which is part of Office? And which version? (If you don't know, in your mail progr...

Event ID 5719, Source: NETLOGON
Greetings, I receive the below error message usually after the 3rd reboot of the server. The switch the server is connected to is a cisco 3548 switch. Spanning-tree portfast enabled on the port. Server and port are hardcoded for 100/Full. Cat 5 cable has been tested and is a working properly. The switch port has 0 errors, crc's, etc. Netdiag reports 0 errors. I hardcoded the ip's for the 2 domain controllers in the C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file. dcdiag /s:<server1> and /s:<server2> report 0 problems. Still getting the intermittent error. The only othe...

excel calendar year resetting 2005 2006
Hi, I'm trying to use the calendar tool in Forms under the VBAProject so that the years dropdown list only displays the years 2005 and 2006 (instead of all years from 1900 thru to 2100). Is there a way to limit the years to only 2005 and 2006? If not, is there a way to display an error message so that the user can be told to enter a date between 2005 and 2006 if they don't? I've got a validation check but this seems to have no effect when the date is entered using the pop-up calendar tool. Thanks in advance. See answer in your other thread (programming) -- Regards Ron...

how do you prioritize your task list
Does any one know how to prioritize the TASK list.... I would like it like this 1-IN RED...HOT- has to be done ASAP 2- IN BLUE....do this week 3- IN BLACK ....when you get time - do it THANKS! my e mail is pastorkevin@firstcentralbaptist.com Have you used the Customize Current View to try to change this? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, KEVIN FLIERL a...

CRM Queue 12-21-05
I have a question regarding CRM Queues with CRM 1.2 and EXCH 2000. I read the IG and have created the AD accounts. I have 2 CRM Queue's that are receiving external e-mails in CRM; however, one of one of the Queue's is sending "non delivery report" error in e-mail when sending e-mail to this queue internally or externally. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Mike ...

How do I change font size in Tasks?
The displayed font in Tasks looks like Arial 8 pt. I'd like to increase the font size for easier viewing. ljh044 <ljh044@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The displayed font in Tasks looks like Arial 8 pt. I'd like to > increase the font size for easier viewing. Open your Tasks folder. RIght-click on the Subject header and choose Customize Current View. Check out the Other Settings and Automatic Formatting buttons. -- Brian Tillman ...

recover deleted email #2
I set up a 'rule' in Outlook that permanently deleted a very important incoming message. Is there any way to recover this? The rule went something like this: 'when messages received by (so and so) permantely delete it' HELP!! beagledogs <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up a 'rule' in Outlook that permanently deleted a > very important incoming message. Is there any way to > recover this? If your Inbox is on an Exchange server, then yes, if your Exchange Admin has enabled this feature. Ask him or her. If your Inbox is in a P...

Delete table values automatically
Hi All, I want to create a routine that will clean all records from a specific table automatically once a week (if possible) or each time that the MDB opens up. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot in advance Hi, the code to empty a table is simple Public Sub EmptyTable() Dim strSQL as String Dim db as DAO.Database Set db = dbengine(0)(0) strSQL = "DELETE FROM TableName" db.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError Set db = Nothing Exit Sub the above code goes in a standard module when your database opens, you call the routine EmptyTable Jeanette Cunningham "Lp12" <Lp12@discussion...

Subreports 12-11-07
On my computer Access will not let me use the subreport wizard feature. How can I use this, and does anybody know if I can download this feature. Have you made sure that the wizard button (looks like a magic wand) before you try to add the subform control? If you're not sure what the wizard button looks like, it looks like this (this sample is from Access 2007 but the other versions look similar but it is on the tool bar just under, or to the right of, the cursor arrow button): http://downloads.btlarson.com/AWF/screenshots/ControlWiz/controlwiz01.png -- Bob Larson Access World Fo...

Replacement of Event Scripts going from 5.5 to 2003
What is the best replacement for 5.5 Event Scripts when moving to Exchange 2k3 ...

Meetings not posting in Calendar
Hello. I believe it's Office Xp and it can be confirmed a bit later - reported meetings sent by another employee are not showing up on another recipient. Thanks for any info or quickies for this issue. Angelo ...