Email Client: Exchange

0
PeterRHawkes

On 1/11/10 6:29 AM, in article 59bb095d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"PeterRHawkes@officeformac.com" <PeterRHawkes@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I recently inadvertently deleted my tasks and want to use the backup Database
> to get them back!
>
> On Decrypting my backup it shows as Kind Document; how do I change the
> extension so that it shows in Finder as a Entourage Database?

Not sure about this part, but unzipping should revert the files to their
original type. I have seen times where when Entourage is selected to open in
Get Info the file type shows correctly then.

> Are there any suggestions about how I can then open the Database, Export Tasks
> and then re-open the current Database and Import the lost Tasks?

Rename this Identity in the Finder. Drag the Identity into the Microsoft
User Data folder > Office 2008 Identities folder. Use Switch Identity under
Entourage in the Menu bar. Select File > Export as Entourage archive (.rge)
file (this is the default action) Select only Tasks to export. Save the file
to the desktop.

Switch Identity and select your Main Identity. Under File > Import select
the .rge file on the desktop. It will import your tasks. There will be a
folder named xxxx.rge in the folder list. It's empty. Delete it. This file
is put there regardless if there are message exported or not.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>

0
Diane_Ross_MVP
1/12/2010 1:17:28 AM
Thank you! <br><br>I changed the 'Open With' in Get Info to Entourage and it then shows as a Microsoft Entourage Document. Following your steps from there has resulted in the restoration of my tasks and calm is restored!
0
PeterRHawkes

Redeploy question regarding databases
We just finished the redeploy of CRM 1.2 to 3.0 in a new server. Everything is good but we need help with SQL. The databases need to be updated with the data that employees enter in the old server running 1.2. What is the best way to do it? Do the table structures of both Databases are the same? ...

The database cannot be opened...
Access 2007, Windows 7 ... When attempting to run a simple import from Excel, I was getting "The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted." Tried a lot of suggestions from the net, none worked. Uninstalled Access, then re-installed. Now getting ... "Microsoft Access can't find the wizard. This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry, or this wizard has been disabled". There's nothing there in ...

Arcserve 11.5 failed to backup two mailboxes out of 103
We use ArcServe 11.5 to do a document level backup of our Exchange 2003 mailboxes. When the application ran for the first time last night on the production server, after testing on a test server, the notification I recieved was that the backup job was incomplete. It failed to backup two mailboxes out of 103. How can I determine which mailboxes were not backed up and more importantly, why they were not backed up. I am not sure if this is an Exchange 2003 issue or an ArcServe issue. My inclination is that it is an Exchange 2003 issue because it did successfully back up the other 1...

Opening a database 02-14-08
I have a database that in order to see the contents of the database I need to hold down the sift key to open it. Otherwise it will not let me view anything except the switchboard form. I need to change this but I did not design this database. Is there a way to remove this so that anyone can open the database and view all its contents without holding down the shift key? I am using Access 2003. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, dee Go to Tools | Startup and ensure that the Display Database Window box is checked. You can also have it not display the switchboard (should you wa...

A question about Outlookexpress backup file (.dbx)
Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a lot! "Jerry" <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:18e201c4a252$09d330b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the > compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a > lot! From where? Jerry <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the > compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a > lot! DBX files are NOT "Outlook...

sync. backup folders...
I am using exchange and outlook 2003. My boss is using her Treo phone which I was able to sync. with her outlook mail, calendar and contacts. Everything sinycs. fine except contacts sub folders. For some reason it sync. some of her sub folder backup contacts and not the original sub folder. Any idea? By the way, she is using another computer at home and connects through VPN to access outlook. "Dooma" <nowhere@noway.com> wrote in news:OYE8zfpUGHA.6084@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl: > I am using exchange and outlook 2003. My boss is using her Treo phone > which I was able...

backup to floppy weirdness
Sometimes when I tell the M05 trial version to backup to floppy, it says it will take more than 2 disks. Obviously, I can only put in one disk at a time. So I put in one disk, hoping it will just prompt for the second disk when it fills up the first. No. I tells me there is not enough room on the disk. AND...sometimes it doesn't say it will take more than one disk. Those times, I can just put in my disk and it backs up normally. What's up with that? kp It makes an estimate of how many floppies it will take based on some estimate of compressibility of the data. Sometimes its e...

joining up files to one database
i got a few files i want to join to gether to make one file, so when i click it, all the tabs are at the bottom of the page? hope you understand that cheers for the help Shed, You'll need to do a Move (Edit, Move or Copy Worksheet) to move each sheet (or a copy of) into a common workbook. Then save that. No magic button. Shortcut: Right click a worksheet tab -- Move or copy worksheet is there too. Or you can tile (Window, Arrange) the two workbooks (get them both on the screen simultaneously), and drag the tab from one workbook to the other. Hold the control to copy instead of m...

Exchange 5.5 database is becoming too large
Hi, we have a server with Windows NT 4.0 SBS and Exchange Server 5.5. The server has a 3 Disks Raid 5 array. The array is divided in 6 partitions of about 6 GB (exept drive C that is 2 GB) Exchange is installed in drive D. Our exchange Database is now growed and is, at the moment about 5 GB. We have about 300 MB free on drive D. But we have more than 4 GB free on drive G. What can i do in order to avoid problems in future? Is it possible to put some mailboxes on another drive? It could be safe to work with partition magic in order to join some drives? Any other ideas? Please help us!!!! M...

Windows Vista File Backup / Restore
Can anyone help. I've had a drive partition fail and, after a couple of days work (and a new drive), need to restore ALL the files from the original partition from my backup(s). I'm not clear how I do this... I assume Vista does Incremental Backups between Full Backups...? In which case I need to restore my (most recent) Full Backup followed by my Last Backup? Only problem is, I cant see, from the Vista Restore utility, which was my most recent Full Backup! Help. Thanks Mark ...

Database Query #4
I have created a data table in a worksheet and named it “data”. Then I created a separate worksheet, in the same workbook, and created a database query of the data table, by using Data…Import External Data…New Database Query…Excel Files* and defining the database name by browsing to the same workbook. The query worked fine. However, when I moved the workbook (which included the data source) to a different folder and tried to refresh the database query, I got the following error message: “[Microsoft] [ODBC Excel Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object ‘data’...

Reduce Database Size
3 x Exchange 2003 Ent, Windows 2003 I know this gets discussed quite a bit but as our system (and skills) are relatively new I look for your experience and support. After our migration from GroupWise to Exchange our storage groups became quite large averaging 120G each We have now introduced an archiving product which has successfully siphoned off about 120Gb across all three databases. Now things have levelled I would like to reduce the size of the databases. What is the correct and safest method to do this? On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:56:53 -0000, "Dave Lee" <abuse@aol.com&...

Downgrade RMA 2.0 database to 1.3?
Is there anyway to do this? NO. Can go up but not back unless you have backup from before the upgrade ...

can I make a empty priv1.edb database in Ech 2003 ??
need help new can I make a empty priv1.edb database in Ech 2003 ?? THANKS Sure you "can", but the question is why? If you want to create a new empty database, then you would dismount the Mailbox store, then delete, move or rename the existing files. Next, simply re-mount the Mailbox store and you will be presented with a message box indicating that new blank databases will be created and do you want to proceed. That's really all there is to it. If you have any mail in the old databases, I'd seriously recommend that you either rename or move them instead of dele...

CRM Moving Sql Server 2000 to 2005 (Database and report) new Serve
Hi, I'm working to move sql server 2000 to sql server 2005 on a new server. CRM 3 is installed on one server and Sql 2005 and Reporting Service on an other server. I backuped and restored the database succefully. But I have an issue when I produce reports. On some reports, I have the graphic with fields where "#Error" is display. Any idea? Thanks David ...

Resolution to CRM 1.2 database export failed error during 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
After struggling with this error working with MS Support and receiving no resolution, we were able to solve the problem through KB article 916924 (see below). Why MS Support did not point us to this in the first place is quite frustrating, so hopefully this will help others! CAUSE Cause 1 This problem occurs because there are saved queries in the Microsoft CRM 1.2 databases that are malformed. This problem usually occurs because a third-party product is not completely removed from the Microsoft CRM databases before you upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. Cause 2 This problem occurs if th...

SBS2003 Backup Failing
Hi I have been away for a week and come back to our server backups failing. Below is a copy of the log for last nights backup. Anyone got any ideas way it would start to fail when nothing has changed? 6/09/2010 11:00 PM ------------------------------- Date: 6/09/2010 Time: 11:00 PM User: SYSTEM ------------------------------- Backup Runner started. Launching NTBackup: ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Backup\Small Business Backup Script.bks" /d "SBS Backup created on 6/09/2010 at 11:00 PM" /v:yes /r:no /r...

Double database backups occuring only on our Great Plains Server
Why do we have double database backups occuring only on our Great Plains server? There is nothing abnormal with our database backup jobs. Though, we are using SQL Server database maintenaince plans for backing up the Great Plain databases. We even upgraded to a new server, and the dame problem exists. Furthermore, we have over 20 SQL Server 2000 servers, and this problem does not exist. Thank you. Have you checked your settings for Maintenance Plans and SQL Jobs in Enterprise Manager? Most likely you will see two jobs created in there for backups. To my knowledge Great Plains doe...

Re: Converting Access Database From 2003 to Access 97
jixiaoli <jiaxialoli@eyou.com> wrote in message news:... > > Tim <xtimx_wildingx@yah.com> wrote in message > news:27e001c3fc97$6b59bbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am developing applications in VB and Access. I distribute an Access 97 > database as part of the system. I have recently upgraded from using Access > XP to Access 2003 to manage the distributed database. Since I still wish to > distribute the database in Access 97 format to clients, I convert the file > from Access 2003 to Access 97 format before distribution. The distribution > database contains ...

microsoft outlook backup
i am using xp home edition, my HDD crashed and i installed windows xp home in a new HDD. Now I want to take backup of my all emails & address book to my new HDD. Could u please tell me which files to search & take the backup for emails & for the address book ( I have the data in microsoft outlook & also in outlook exp) Thanks. On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 21:36:56 -0700, "abd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i am using xp home edition, my HDD crashed and i installed >windows xp home in a new HDD. Now I want to take backup of >my all emails ...

Append query bloat
I have an access database where I use an append query quite often. I will use this same query over and over by changing the table I'm appending from, then I save the query. During the save process, the database bloats from ~50KB to ~150KB. Our company recently upgraded to 2007 and that is when I noticed the problem. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I can manage it by compacting and repairing after each save, but recently I added 4 tables in one day, so this was a pain. Thanks Don't even worry about it. An Access file can be up to 2 GB in size. 150 KB ...

Calculate difference in rows in a query
I have a query that calculates how much revenue is claimed by month per job but then I have to take the new month less the prior month. The problem is the data is in row format. I don't know how to subtract February from January, March from but don't know how. I know how to do it in Excel but not Access. Please help... Example: Order Month JTD Clm Variance 101026521 January $511,525 $0 101026521 February $511,525 $0 101029438 January $1,238 $0 101029438 February $3,713 $2,475 101033168 January $21,465 $0 101033168 February $51,460 $29,995 101034011 Janu...

Does SQL Run Behind Queries?
Access 2007 When I run a query does Access, "go away" and run the SQL for what I see in the GUI? If the answer is, "yes" is there anything that I can switch on to see the SQL that it is running? What I would like to do, if it is possible, is to see the query in the GUI and, at the same time, see the SQL that is being used to select the data from the database; that way I can understand things (exactly what is happening) more clearly and more quickly. TIA for any replies. trip_to_tokyo wrote: > Access 2007 > > When I run a query does...

Microsoft Exchange options missing from the windows backup utility
Im trying to use ntbackup installed in serverA (windows 2003) to backup a exchange server in serverB (windows 2003 SP1) A Exchange Servers Folder doesnt appear in ntbackup, then I have Exchange System Manager in serverA installed but still..the Exchange Servers Folder doesn't appear. some idea ? does the account you're logged on with have sufficient Exchange permissions? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Alexander Wolff" <AlexanderWolff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7FFD6EA-10CA-42C2-9A46-92EED4FA16E2@microsoft.com... > Im trying to use ntbackup i...

Setting database location to SQL Server
Hello, I'm looking to move the POS system database from the local MSDE database to a SQL server. I've restored a recent backup (.bck) to a SQL server machine on our network and I'm looking for information on how to reconnect the POS to the new SQL server. Before we go live I will restore a new backup but I'm just testing the solution for now. The overall plan is to separate the database from the cash register and allow SQL server to perform backups and other normal database task. Is there a separate configuration tool for changing data connection information? ...