Auto-Archive

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I just recently switched from PC to Mac and I am still trying to find the best way to copy my archived folders onto Entourage.  However, that is not my current problem. <br><br>My company mailbox has a size of 800MB and I am getting very close to that limit.  In Outlook, I would simply hit the Archive button and would put old mail in an offline/archived folder that I could access at any time.  Is there anything similar to this for Entourage?  Hopefully I don't have to purchase a third party product to do something that Microsoft was so good at in Outlook. <br><br>Thanks in advance.
0
felipe81

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CAC170.C5AB5B80

Unfortunately this feature is not there in Entourage. Check this =
http://www.entourage.mvps.org/database/archive.html

  <felipe81@officeformac.com> wrote in message =
  Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) =
Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I just recently switched from PC =
to Mac and I am still trying to find the best way to copy my archived =
folders onto Entourage. However, that is not my current problem.=20

  My company mailbox has a size of 800MB and I am getting very close to =
that limit. In Outlook, I would simply hit the Archive button and would =
put old mail in an offline/archived folder that I could access at any =
time. Is there anything similar to this for Entourage? Hopefully I don't =
have to purchase a third party product to do something that Microsoft =
was so good at in Outlook.=20

  Thanks in advance.
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CAC170.C5AB5B80

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18882"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>Unfortunately this feature is not there in =
Entourage.=20
Check this <A=20
href=3D"http://www.entourage.mvps.org/database/archive.html">http://www.e=
ntourage.mvps.org/database/archive.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>&lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:felipe81@officeformac.com">felipe81@officeformac.com</A>&g=
t;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  title=3D"news:59bb504d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0&#10;CTRL + Click to =
follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:59bb504d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">news:59bb504d.-1@webcro=
ssing.JaKIaxP2ac0</A>...</DIV>Version:=20
  2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel =
Email=20
  Client: Exchange I just recently switched from PC to Mac and I am =
still trying=20
  to find the best way to copy my archived folders onto Entourage. =
However, that=20
  is not my current problem. <BR><BR>My company mailbox has a size of =
800MB and=20
  I am getting very close to that limit. In Outlook, I would simply hit =
the=20
  Archive button and would put old mail in an offline/archived folder =
that I=20
  could access at any time. Is there anything similar to this for =
Entourage?=20
  Hopefully I don't have to purchase a third party product to do =
something that=20
  Microsoft was so good at in Outlook. <BR><BR>Thanks in=20
advance.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CAC170.C5AB5B80--

0
Pawan
3/11/2010 5:45:42 PM
I have tried (and failed) to follow the empty inbox system of email. The
idea is to file something from your inbox as soon as you have dealt with
it. In theory, the few items that remain in your inbox are the ones that
still need your attention. Judging by the 204 items currently in my
inbox, I have mostly (but not completely) failed at this. However, my
system does solve your problem. The things that I do file, I file to
local folders. Many people think that, with search, you don't really
need multiple folders (and I am leaning toward agreeing with them) so
this could be a simple system of just moving the things you are finished
with from your Exchange Inbox to your local Inbox. This is one of the
things that has been quite successful about my failed system. Even
though my inbox is still very crowded, 204 messages does not approach my
limit.

Oh, one more thing, I wrote a rule to automatically move any items from
Exchange Sent items folder to my local Sent items folder as soon as I
send a message.

All this together leaves my footprint on the Exchange server very small
even as I store gigabytes worth of email.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

On 3/11/10 12:10 PM, felipe81@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
> Intel Email Client: Exchange I just recently switched from PC to Mac and
> I am still trying to find the best way to copy my archived folders onto
> Entourage. However, that is not my current problem.
>
> My company mailbox has a size of 800MB and I am getting very close to
> that limit. In Outlook, I would simply hit the Archive button and would
> put old mail in an offline/archived folder that I could access at any
> time. Is there anything similar to this for Entourage? Hopefully I don't
> have to purchase a third party product to do something that Microsoft
> was so good at in Outlook.
>
> Thanks in advance.
0
David
3/11/2010 6:02:39 PM
On Mar 11, 1:02=A0pm, David Marcovitz <ma...@nospamloyola.edu> wrote:
> I have tried (and failed) to follow the empty inbox system of email. The
> idea is to file something from your inbox as soon as you have dealt with
> it. In theory, the few items that remain in your inbox are the ones that
> still need your attention. Judging by the 204 items currently in my
> inbox, I have mostly (but not completely) failed at this. However, my
> system does solve your problem. The things that I do file, I file to
> local folders. Many people think that, with search, you don't really
> need multiple folders (and I am leaning toward agreeing with them) so
> this could be a simple system of just moving the things you are finished
> with from your Exchange Inbox to your local Inbox. This is one of the
> things that has been quite successful about my failed system. Even
> though my inbox is still very crowded, 204 messages does not approach my
> limit.
>
> Oh, one more thing, I wrote a rule to automatically move any items from
> Exchange Sent items folder to my local Sent items folder as soon as I
> send a message.
>
> All this together leaves my footprint on the Exchange server very small
> even as I store gigabytes worth of email.
>
> --David
>
> --
> David M. Marcovitz
> Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_http://www.PowerfulPowerPoin=
t.com/
> Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
> Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland
>
> On 3/11/10 12:10 PM, felip...@officeformac.com wrote:
>

> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
> > Intel Email Client: Exchange I just recently switched from PC to Mac an=
> > I am still trying to find the best way to copy my archived folders onto
> > Entourage. However, that is not my current problem.
>
> > My company mailbox has a size of 800MB and I am getting very close to
> > that limit. In Outlook, I would simply hit the Archive button and would
> > put old mail in an offline/archived folder that I could access at any
> > time. Is there anything similar to this for Entourage? Hopefully I don'=
> > have to purchase a third party product to do something that Microsoft
> > was so good at in Outlook.
>
> > Thanks in advance.

Multiple folders are valuable if you use IMAP and access your e-mail
via the web. As an example, since I use Google IMAP I like certain
mail filed say under the Folder receipts. So now if I access Google
mail via the web i can search under just receipts which makes it
easier.
0
Kerry

Excel 2007 Chart auto update not working
Every other worksheet my charts auto update, except one. Of course it's one that changes often... the data on the chart sheet updates, but the chart doesnt. I checked all the settings and they're right. Frustrating! I have the same problem. I have a workbook in Excel 2007 (SP1) where three charts are displayed (automatic calculation selected). Only one of them auto updates when the source data that it is utilizing changes. The other two don't auto update. When I look at the source data in the chart, it shows that it is getting the data through a regular cell reference. ...

Current Issues Article Archive
A growing archive of fascinating media articles on current issues & affairs. Available at Arcis Foundation Website: www.arcis.co.uk/php/ -- Posted by News Bulk Poster Unregistered version ...

Re: auto accept utility
An MVP not recommending MS AutoAccept Agent, tsk tsk. I am using http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3D0884E6-C603-491D-BF57-ACF03E046BFE&displaylang=en and it works great, love the return codes for automated reply processing. --Kevin Exchange Admin and All Around Windows Monkey In the last exciting episode, "Kevin Queen" <kqueen@cedardoc.com> wrote: > > An MVP not recommending MS AutoAccept Agent, tsk tsk. I am using http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3D0884E6-C603-491D-BF57-ACF03E046BFE&displaylang=...

Auto numbering #3
Hi guys, Wish to use auto numbering system for test sheets, i.e., every time I open my test sheet, a cell with a number in automatically increments, is this possible in excel? Regards Shaun You can use a macro: Option Explicit Sub Auto_Open() with thisworkbook with worksheets("sheet9999").range("a1") if isnumeric(.value) then .value = .value + 1 end if end with .save end with End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.ht...

auto load
I'm trying to get a macro to run as soon as I run a workbook, can anyone give me an example? Matt..... Hi either put the macro in the workbook_open event of your workbook module or rename your macro to auto_open() -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany matt rich wrote: > I'm trying to get a macro to run as soon as I run a workbook, can > anyone give me an example? > Matt..... ...

Unable to Archive
I have a Strange problem on a user here, using outlook 2000 using Corporate Email to connect to our Exchange servers. Basically whenever a user tries to archive data, Outlook goes through the motions and processes the selected folders, but the .PST file is empty. The only thing that shows up is the Deleted Items, but it is empty. No matter what date I start the archive from or where I choose to put the archive file. I've tried different logging on as the user on a different PC and get the same result. it just started to happen without any prior issues. Any Ideas..... TIA Ch...

Auto start
How do I stop Outlook from starting automatically? Bill Bill <wjjeannette@meeci.com> wrote: > How do I stop Outlook from starting automatically? If it's in the Startup program group, remove it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Errors occurred while archiving
I had had some recent problems with opening outlook after an old version of WinFax Pro was installed. It has since been uninstalled and outlook works. Now, however, I am getting the following errors which show in in the archive log: Error while archiving folder "All" in store "Personal Folders". Cannot read archive properties from folder All. Cannot create archiving properties. Could not complete the operation because the service provider does not support it. Error while archiving folder "" in store "Personal Folders". Cannot read archive proper...

archive date not working
When I try to archive my money file, it does not use the date option. I asked it to archive, selected a date of 1/1/00 (and also 12/31/99). When the archive was created, it had everything from 1995 through today, 2003. I just purchased Money 2004 Deluxe. Have never used archive before. Suggest you forget all about archive - it is an absolute pain in the butt and causes more problems than it theoretically solves. Many of us have been very happily running for 8 years or more without ever archiving. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.c...

auto updating
Money 2004 quit updating automatically. I have check the update setting and it is set for every 15 minutes, but does not activate. I can manually click update and everything works fine. ...

Auto transfer of row/ update
Hi Im trying to setup a system for our 'goods in' the attached shee would be on a pc at the 'goods in ' area hooked up to our network. I the office we have a individual parts list for each job. I want to b able to input a component on the parts list and when I enter a orde number in the cell at that row it will copy the row to a row on th attached sheet (goods in). When the tick box is ticked i.e th component is 'in' I want a cell on the parts list (in the office)to sa 'goods in' or some kind of alert. Any help would be great someone ha suggested using a VLOOKU...

Archive Modified date
QQ, I have just moved users from one mail server to another. Now, archiving no longer works. I looked at this and found out that archiving works with modified dates and since this was changed recently I am stuck. Do you guys have any idea, if their is a work around for this. Users have lots of sub folders. Thanks B Not really...you can manually archive by dragging and dropping items to the archive folders, or you might be able to use one of the 3rd party solutions listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to m...

Auto Filters
Hello from Steved When using Auto Filters and I am in cell A2 is their a Macro I can use so I can use to put it back to cell A2. An example would be in cell AA200 to put it back I would have to go into filter and select all for it to go back to A2, there has to be a better way. ps I'm new to Auto Filters Thankyou Hi not really sure what you're trying to achieve. what do you mean with 'put it back' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Steved wrote: > Hello from Steved > > When using Auto Filters and I am in cell A2 is their a > Macro I can use so I can...

form combobox auto expand
hi, i have some comboxes on my form. I wanted that to expand automatically, when it gets focus. Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thanks. Private Sub ComboBox1_Enter() Me.ComboBox1.DropDown End Sub "Avi" wrote: > hi, i have some comboxes on my form. I wanted that to expand > automatically, when it gets focus. Any help in this regard is > appreciated. Thanks. > . > Thanks Jeff. On Jan 26, 3:54=A0pm, Jeff <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Private Sub ComboBox1_Enter() > =A0 =A0Me.ComboBox1.DropDown > End Sub >...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

Transfer archived emails in MSN to Outlook
How can I transfer my archived emails(Maildb) files from MSN9 to Outlook 2003.I found one method that is to transfer the archived emails to the Server and download again to Outlook. But is there a way to transfer those Mail db files directly from MSN9 to Outlook 2003 within the computer? Do the files arise any conflicts. Thank you. Praveen Kumar Perka <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I transfer my archived emails(Maildb) files from > MSN9 to Outlook 2003.I found one method that is to > transfer the archived emails to the Server and download &g...

Auto batch
In RMS is there a way to auto batch credit card transactions at the end of the day? -- Jeff Sadly, no. We have looked into creating a customization that would do this, though to little success. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 320-230-2288 rsakry@rite.us www.rite.us "jstone" <jstone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0CBE4D4-B5E2-46D9-98BF-01DC0C77D995@microsoft.com... > In RMS is there a way to auto batch credit card transactions at the end of > the day? > -- > Jeff ...

Formula to auto-assign a number
I have a spreadsheet that lists parts and associated quantities. The user will be able to add and delete parts from the list. I am looking for a formula that will automatically assign a “dash number” to the parts. The dash numbers will be in numerical order and skip any part that has a quantity of 0. For example: Original Part Qty Automatically assigned “dash number” 3 -1 1 -2 0 0 2 -3 The user may change the quantities on the list therefore I need to formula to automatically recalculate the “dash number” based on the user inputs. For example: Revised Part Qty Automatical...

Auto Sheet Names and Date cells
Hi, I have an excel document which it is intended to have a sheet for each work week. In each sheet I have cells that have the dates for Monday through to Friday. Everytime I create a new sheet (from a template sheet using the copy sheet method) I have to name it manually and then change the date of the Monday cell so that Tuesday to Friday can be calculated. What I would like is for the the date columns for Monday to Friday to be automatically calculated, and if possible the name of the sheet too. e.g. My sheet names are 12th - 16th Sept | 5th - 9th Sept | 29th Oct - 2nd Sept these shee...

Auto save contacts when replying to e-mails
I would like my contacts to be saved automatically when I e-mail them. I am using outlook 2007. Can this be done? "BettyE" <BettyE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BA9A61B-1FCC-493B-A707-3567A6531FCA@microsoft.com... > I would like my contacts to be saved automatically when I e-mail them. I am > using outlook 2007. Can this be done? Not without code or third-party software. http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.asp -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Auto-displaying a template when Excel is launched
I would like a template to auto-display when Excel is launched. I placed the ..xlt in the XLSTART folder and modified Excel Options in Options>General>"At startup, open all files in" option to point to the location of the .xlt. The .xlt is failing to auto-load when Excel is launched. I am following the exact instructions of MS Help. Aurgh!!! I don't read the help that way. I read it to say that if you have a template named book.xlt stored in XLStart, it'll use that as the basis for any new workbook--and that any workbook (.xls) that's in that folder will be op...

Outlook 2003 Archive Problem
Hi I am using Outlook2003 SP2 on Windows XP SP2 on my laptop with VPN connection to my office Exchange 2003 server. I try to run archive from FILE > Archive > , to archive all my inbox folders but it doesnt work. It worked ok previously in my outlook 2000. Any tricks I missed? Many thanks MWGP Is the archive PST file still available on your machine? Have you tried running ScanPST.EXE on it? Do you receive any error message? "Microsoft" <gpwong@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OLWHcx2HHHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using Outlook2003 SP2 ...

Auto Recover for MS Office 2003?
I'm using MS Office Word for 2003 and keep getting a message that says the auto recover is disabled. For the life of me, I can't find out how to enable it. Anyhelp would be very much appreciated. Thanks! In 2003 Save AutoRecover Data is controlled by settings in Tools> Options> Save. If the feature is already activated but you still get the message it could be due to something that's preventing the necessary temporary files from being created. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/2/10 8:08 PM, in article F45E812D-CF15-4CCF-A20D-30104C73E6CF@m...

cannot open money w/o auto reinstall
i installed money 2004 from a network resource that i now no longer have access to. the program has worked fine for months, however now when i open money for some unknown reason it immediately and automatically tries to reinstall (or reconfigure?) money from the network resource i originally installed from. because i do not have access to this network resource, i cannot open money at all. why would it try to reinstall after months of use? i've had no other problems with the computer. what can i do? ...

How to disable the pop up for enable auto update?
I have imported an external link in to excel, and set it auto update when it opens, but whenever I open this file, it pops up a window to confirm whether you like to enable auto update or not. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to disable the pop up window for enable auto updating links? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi on the menu bar>edit>links>startup prompt pick you choise. regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > I have imported an external link in to excel, and set it auto update when it > opens, but whenever I open this file, it ...