video full-screen problem

I've been watching videos and webcams on my three WinXP computers--two of
them using IE7 and one using IE8. I'm having a problem with one of the IE7
computers.

Until recently, I was able to toggle full-screen on and off. For the last
several days, however, when I click on "Toggle fullscreen" on one of the
computers, I get nothing but a blank white screen. The other two computers
are working fine.

Any idea of what could be wrong?

Thank you!

Jo-Anne

0
Jo

"Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I've been watching videos and webcams on my three WinXP computers--two of
> them using IE7 and one using IE8. I'm having a problem with one of the IE7
> computers.
>
> Until recently, I was able to toggle full-screen on and off. For the last
> several days, however, when I click on "Toggle fullscreen" on one of the
> computers, I get nothing but a blank white screen. The other two computers
> are working fine.
>
> Any idea of what could be wrong?

If it's a Flash Video file that results in a blank white screen when you
toggle it to full screen, you may need to uncheck hardware acceleration in
the Flash Player .

While viewing a Flash Video in it's normal window, right click on the video
and choose "Settings".  Then remove the checkmark from "Use Hardware
Acceleration".

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thank you!
>
> Jo-Anne

0
Donald
6/14/2010 10:30:34 AM
"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> I've been watching videos and webcams on my three WinXP computers--two of
>> them using IE7 and one using IE8. I'm having a problem with one of the
>> IE7 computers.
>>
>> Until recently, I was able to toggle full-screen on and off. For the last
>> several days, however, when I click on "Toggle fullscreen" on one of the
>> computers, I get nothing but a blank white screen. The other two
>> computers are working fine.
>>
>> Any idea of what could be wrong?
>
> If it's a Flash Video file that results in a blank white screen when you
> toggle it to full screen, you may need to uncheck hardware acceleration in
> the Flash Player .
>
> While viewing a Flash Video in it's normal window, right click on the
> video and choose "Settings".  Then remove the checkmark from "Use Hardware
> Acceleration".
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell

Thank you, Donald! I can't find a Hardware Acceleration setting, though--at
least not by name. What I see is a slider bar for "Local storage: How much
information can xxx store on your computer?" The slider appears to be at
100KB, although below that it says "Currently used: 11KB."

There are five icons at the bottom of the settings screen, but there are no
labels. The icon farthest left looks like a monitor with something in the
center, the next a monitor with two somethings in the center, the next an
open folder, the next a kite or perhaps a mouse, and the farthest right a
crystal ball. (My descriptions are probably wrong, but they're the closest I
can come to what appears.)

Is one of these icons what I need to click on to stop hardware acceleration?

For what it's worth, this problem may have started when I did a Flash Player
update.

Thank you again!

Jo-Anne

0
Jo
6/14/2010 4:47:33 PM
> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> I've been watching videos and webcams on my three WinXP computers--two
>>> of them using IE7 and one using IE8. I'm having a problem with one of
>>> the IE7 computers.
>>>
>>> Until recently, I was able to toggle full-screen on and off. For the
>>> last several days, however, when I click on "Toggle fullscreen" on one
>>> of the computers, I get nothing but a blank white screen. The other two
>>> computers are working fine.
>>>
>>> Any idea of what could be wrong?
>>
>> If it's a Flash Video file that results in a blank white screen when you
>> toggle it to full screen, you may need to uncheck hardware acceleration
>> in the Flash Player .
>>
>> While viewing a Flash Video in it's normal window, right click on the
>> video and choose "Settings".  Then remove the checkmark from "Use
>> Hardware Acceleration".
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

> Thank you, Donald! I can't find a Hardware Acceleration setting,
> though--at least not by name. What I see is a slider bar for "Local
> storage: How much information can xxx store on your computer?" The slider
> appears to be at 100KB, although below that it says "Currently used:
> 11KB."
>
> There are five icons at the bottom of the settings screen, but there are
> no labels. The icon farthest left looks like a monitor with something in
> the center,

Click on that icon at the far left that looks like a monitor screen, the
hardware acceleration setting should be on that tab.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> the next a monitor with two somethings in the center, the next an open
> folder, the next a kite or perhaps a mouse, and the farthest right a
> crystal ball. (My descriptions are probably wrong, but they're the closest
> I can come to what appears.)
>
> Is one of these icons what I need to click on to stop hardware
> acceleration?
>
> For what it's worth, this problem may have started when I did a Flash
> Player update.
>
> Thank you again!
>
> Jo-Anne

0
Donald
6/14/2010 5:01:17 PM

> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message

>>> If it's a Flash Video file that results in a blank white screen when you
>>> toggle it to full screen, you may need to uncheck hardware acceleration
>>> in the Flash Player .
>>>
>>> While viewing a Flash Video in it's normal window, right click on the
>>> video and choose "Settings".  Then remove the checkmark from "Use
>>> Hardware Acceleration".
>>>
>>> Good luck,
>>>
>>> Donald Anadell
>>>

>> Thank you, Donald! I can't find a Hardware Acceleration setting,
>> though--at least not by name. What I see is a slider bar for "Local
>> storage: How much information can xxx store on your computer?" The slider
>> appears to be at 100KB, although below that it says "Currently used:
>> 11KB."
>>
>> There are five icons at the bottom of the settings screen, but there are
>> no labels. The icon farthest left looks like a monitor with something in
>> the center,
>
> Click on that icon at the far left that looks like a monitor screen, the
> hardware acceleration setting should be on that tab.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell

YES! It worked! Thank you, Donald!

Jo-Anne

0
Jo
6/14/2010 5:45:05 PM
> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

>>> Thank you, Donald! I can't find a Hardware Acceleration setting,
>>> though--at least not by name. What I see is a slider bar for "Local
>>> storage: How much information can xxx store on your computer?" The
>>> slider appears to be at 100KB, although below that it says "Currently
>>> used: 11KB."
>>>
>>> There are five icons at the bottom of the settings screen, but there are
>>> no labels. The icon farthest left looks like a monitor with something in
>>> the center,
>>
>> Click on that icon at the far left that looks like a monitor screen, the
>> hardware acceleration setting should be on that tab.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

> YES! It worked! Thank you, Donald!

You're welcome Jo-Anne, glad you got it sorted out.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Jo-Anne

0
Donald

Problem removing hyperlinks in workbook
Hi, I am trying to remove all of the hyperlinks in my (giant 100 meg) work book or any subset of the workbook, but everything I have tried has failed. I can right click on each cell and remove the link, but that will take weeks. I tried the following: 1) Multiply a selection by 1. This does not work. I can multiply a single cell by one, but if I do a selection, it does not work. 2)*This crashes my workbook* Sub DeleteHyper() ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete End Sub 3) *Again, this does not work if I select more than on cell at a time* Sub DeleteHyper() selection.Hyperlinks.Delete End...

Calculation problem?
I have a spreadsheet that uses the following calculation:- '=(COUNTIF(Calc!H2:H85,"<15"))/(COUNTIF(Calc!H2:H85,">0"))*100' The problem i have is that while H2 is constant, H85 can change depending on how many rows their are? I am trying to use a terminating value such a 'end' so it knows that when i reach 'end' it uses the previous row reference to replace what is currently 'H85'. Is it possible? Hope this makes sense. Unfortunatley i've tried that, it distorts the figures as it tries to calculate the % for the whole tabl...

Another Macro Problem
I have another macro question. I have a macro that I have modified numerous times, and now it works great, BUT I am having one problem. I am using Data Validation to alphabetically sort three lists that I have on the Lists sheet. On Sheet 1 cell I5 I either select a current vendor from the list, or I add a new vendor to the list. I tried using data validation and having this applied all the way down to cell I40. I can select the current info, but on the cells I6:I40 I can't add new info. I can only add new vendors in the I5 Cell. Below is a section of my macro. I think the problem is...

File Name Problem
I created a spreadsheet in the usual way, when I use the spreadsheet the file name adds a :2 following the name.xls. When I close the file the :2 disappear. This is not causing me any problems I've not seen this before and curious if it's something I've done. Thank you check <Window> and see if there is a "...xls:1" you may just have two windows for the same file showing if you close one of them and save the file the :2 should go away. "Philg" wrote: > I created a spreadsheet in the usual way, when I use the spreadsheet the file > name ad...

POP3 problem driving me crazy
Hi everyone, The server (sbs 2003 pre) at work was configured to retrieve mail from another mail server hosted by the IPS (can't change that due to multiple branches) anyway that was all working fine and dandy till last week when the server decided to stop retrieving the mail, there were no changes made that would affect it, and I was away from work for a few days, so when I came in and was informed of the problem my first reaction was to try and force an email retrieval by opening the pop3 connector manager and telling it download now, but the properties for the pop3 connector ma...

Booklet Settings/print preview problem
Hello, I have created a booklet, but am having trouble with the settings. It is an 8 page booklet and everything looks great while working on it. When I go to "print preview" it displays the booklet on one large sheet (instead of showing two side by side like when I was working on it) and displaying only 1 and 1/4 pages that says it will print that way. When I used to hit "print preview" at my old office/computer it would show the booklet pages (example page 2 and 3) right next to eachother that looked just like what I was working on in a PDF looking document (no...

Distribution group problem
I have over 700 address contacts that have been "tagged" into various categories. I know how to set up a new distribution group. However, when I choose "select names" the names from my list apear as first name, last name instead of last name , first name. This makes it almost impossible to scroll up and down looking for the name I want to select and add to my distribution group. Please advise of any suggestions. In Outlook XP, select Tools, Options, then click Contact Options. Change the Default File Order to Last, First. "Randal" <randal.langley@...

Email Tracking problems 10-05-07
Hi I'm having problems with emailtracking. In general all mail tracks through CRM but som mail encounters this error message: the attachment i either not a valid type or is too large. it cannot be uploaded or downloaded any suggestions? Hi, There is a registry setting about setting the maximum attachment size. Log on to your CRM server, and look at the following keys: maxuploadfilesize BlockedAttachments The keys can be found in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM Best regards, Merijn http://crmerijn.blogspot.com "Ivar A Hagen" wrote: > Hi > > I'm having prob...

Problems with distribution groups in Exchange 2003
I have a small business server 2003 with SP1 for both windows and exchange server installed. It recieves mail for two domains. cleevelink.co.uk and cleevehillnursing.co.uk. There are two distribution groups setup both called info one for each domain. The problem occurs when mail is sent to info@cleevehillnursing.co.uk it is routed to the correct members, however mail sent to info@cleevelink.co.uk is routed to the members of cleevehillnursing.co.uk not the cleevlink.co.uk Any thoughts greatly recieved. On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:05:02 -0800, "Kevin Cook" <KevinCook@discussio...

publisher preparing to install and configure problem
Every time I open Publisher 2002 it goes throught the 'first time' preparing to install and configuring setups, this gets very waring!! I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. I am operating in an windows XP Professional environment. Have you got any virus programs installed? If you have, end the program and then try and install Publisher 2002. Do you get any error messages? If you do, what are they? -- Hi kevin (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Every time I open Publisher 2002 it goes throught || the '...

Weird attachment problem
I have a weird problem with an attachment. I have a SQL Server 2000 with Reporting Services. Every morning it generates a report and e-mail it to 6 people as an Excel attachment. 5 of those people also us Blackberry. I do not. They can open the report on the BB, or through Outlook. If they use Outlook Web Access, the message shows the paper clip, but when you open it, there is no attachment. If I forward from OWA back to myself, I can open the attachment in Outlook, but not OWA. If I forward my copy of that e-mail to one of those users, they have the same problem. They can open attachm...

Large PST file on network share <-- problems.
In my organisation a lot of users use a pst file to archive their mail. Currently we have a lot of problem with pst files. I think te real problem is the file server on which the pst files are stored. Does any of you people know that there are known problems with large (500 Mb +) pst files on a network share? hope you can help. omko h <omkoh@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does any of you people know that there are known problems with large > (500 Mb +) pst files on a network share? There are known problems with any size PST on a network share. It's simply not supported and disco...

Problem with startup
I hate to ask a question so silly. I have done something to my startup and can't display anything other than a form. I can't see my tgable, queries, etc. Can't figure out what I've done to get myself messed up. Any suggestions? Hold your shift key down when opening and then go to TOOLS > STARTUP and make sure the DISPLAY DATABASE WINDOW checkbox is checked, if you want the db window to be there when you open the database. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpful to you, plea...

Problem whit Default Storage Group and Default Public Folder
Hi everyone. I have one problem, i hope that somebody can help me. Well here we go. Result that my Default First Storage Group and my default Public Folder sotorages, cannot mount any more. This happen when an antivirus damage my databases 2 databases and when i try to restore simply the stores not mount, i have an Exchange 2003 whit windows 2003 enterprise versions boot. When this happen, i cannot mount the default First Storage Group and the default Public folders, so i proceed to create a new Mailbox Store, and recreate the mailboxes of my users to can continue working, but canno...

Downloaded transaction screen
I just made the jump to Money 2005 and everything went just fine. I have a minor problem if someone can help. In 2004, when I downloaded my transactions from the bank the results would show up in an accounts list page with the number of transactions for each account in parentheses next to the account name. I was able to see which accounts had new transactions. Now however, in 2005 the transactions are downloaded from a particular account and just go to the other accounts and I must step through each account to see if there is a new transaction to accept. I(s there a way to get it t...

Windows XP...computer shuts down and blue screen comes up with wri
I will be on my computer then all of a sudden it shuts down then blue screen comes up with white writing on it...then disappears really fast...keeps happening quite often. The computer restarts it's self back up. I don't understand what is going on...I hope someone could please help me...Help Please!!!! :-) "Debbie" wrote: > I will be on my computer then all of a sudden it shuts down then blue screen > comes up with white writing on it...then disappears really fast...keeps > happening quite often. The computer restarts it's self back up. I do...

Problem with Active X Control
Sir, I am integrating flash with VC++. I am using Dialog Based App. I inserted this Active X Control. I wanted to show both this Control and Dialog Window in a maximized state. I called ShowWindow(SW_MAXIMIZED) in OnInitDialog. When I execute the App I get the main window in maximized but the control in that is not at all maximized. Pls help. Regards Chintu YKUT wrote: > Sir, > > I am integrating flash with VC++. > > I am using Dialog Based App. > > I inserted this Active X Control. > > I wanted to show both this Control and Dialog Window in a maximized ...

Problems downloading from Max's website
Max, can you tell me how to download files from your web site? If I rightclick, it downloads a file, but then when I go to open it, I get an error message. Clicking on your download button, opens another web page, with nothing on it. Janev Believe my archives free filehost: savefile.com was down just now. But it looks ok now (just tested here). Try again, just click "Download" .. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Janev" wrote: > Max, can you tell me how to download files from your web site? If I > rightclick, it downloads a fil...

SMTP problem: can receive but can't send
Exchange 2003 sp1 In my recipient policy i have few DOMAINs to receive and send mail for opend my account in AD and changed default e-mail address to that new one tested to send mail from externam mail server - got it wanted to test a reply.. no reply im my external inbox opened Exchange QUEUE and i can see my mail with: An SMTP protocol error accured What can i do? TIA Enable the SMTP logging to get more information. This is done at the server object > diagnostic logging >MSExchangeTransport >SMTP Are you using a SMTP connector? Is the DNS set up properly? Can you send to othe...

Vlookup Problem #14
Hi All, I have a spread sheet, in which Col A has names of the users and Col B has the supplier names, with whom the user work. For example: Main Sheet: User Vendor Name Kueyson Yee LIEBHERR AEROSPACE TOULOUSE SA Kueyson Yee PULSE MIL AEROSPACE DIV Kueyson Yee PULSE MIL AEROSPACE DIV Lisa Thompson LIEBHERR AEROSPACE TOULOUSE SA Lisa Thompson PULSE MIL AEROSPACE DIV Lisa Thompson PULSE MIL AEROSPACE DIV >From the above example, User Lisa can work with vendor Pulse, but Kueyson cannot, in the same way Kueyson can work with vendor LIEBHERR but Lisa cannot. Now to identify...

Problems using GetFileVersionInfo
I'm trying to get the file's information from the VS_VERSIONINFO block. I added the header file "winver.h" and included the "version.lib" in the settings. I use the following to start with... // ---- code ----- void GetInfoDlg::GetFileInfo( LPCTSTR lpszFile ) { DWORD dwZero, dwInfoSize; dwInfoSize = GetFileVersionInfoSize( (LPTSTR)lpszFile, &dwZero ); if( dwInfoSize > 0 ) { LPBYTE lpBuf = new BYTE[dwInfoSize]; GetFileVersionInfo( (LPTSTR)lpszFile, 0, dwInfoSize, &lpBuffer ); // get info // TODO: Query the i...

XmlNamespaceManager.LookupPrefix problem.
Hi All, I have the following code: <snip> XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); xmlDoc.LoadXml(@"<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""UTF-8""?> <myConfig:myConfig xmlns:myConfig=""http://mycomp/myConfig.xsd""> <myConfig:title>My Title</myConfig:title> </myConfig:myConfig>"); XmlNamespaceManager namespaceManager = new XmlNamespaceManager(xmlDoc.NameTable); namespaceManager.AddNamespace("myConfig", "http://mycomp/myConfig.xsd"); string prefix = namespaceManager.LookupPr...

Auto-archive problem
In Outlook 2003, I have set all folders to be archived with the same settings except for one that is never to be archived. The problem is that some of the folders that should be archived, aren't. I've checked the setting on these folders and they are set to the same archive settings as the others. Any ideas? Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the item to another folder can change th...

Problem with redployment tool
Hi, I have been having difficulties with the redployment tool, and am at a stage where I cannot continue and require some assistance. Essentially, I get to the stage in the installation where I am to select the existing databases. I enter the SQL server name, and the install dialog shows me the correct database names, but when I click next, I get the following error: "Microsoft CRM Setup could not find a valid organization on the specified database. You need to have at least one organization before installing Microsoft CRM." Background information: Our previous installa...

Problems opening VNC links in IE
I've created a virtual map of my call centre with hyperlinks to each PC terminal (selecting local address and adding in the appropriate VNC link for each PC). This works fine in Visio, but when I try to export this as a web page to add to the local intranet it prevents the VNC links from opening. I have very limited Visio knowledge and can't figure out where I'm going wrong, so any help would be greatly appreciated... Well, since "This works fine in Visio", I'd start by verifying that the vnc software is installed on the web server you are attempting to execu...