Using Visual Studio 2008 as the HTML Editor in Internet Explorer 8

I have Visual Studio 2008 and Internet Explorer 8 installed on Windows 7
Ultimate 64-Bit. In Internet Explorer 8 on the Tools -> Internet Options ->
Programs -> HTML Editor dropdown list, the only programs listed are
Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Word, and Notepad. Anybody who
knows what Visual Studio 2008 is knows that one of the file types it can be
used to edit is *.html files. It's even Microsoft software, and the version
of Office that I have installed is 2003, so you would think that if Office
2003 is willing to add itself to the choices, software whose purpose is
development and is 5 years newer would be willing to add itself as well. Is
there a way to do this? I am guessing that the choices are somewhere in the
registry, but I don't know where, and if I can do it without directly
editing the registry, that would probably be better. Can anyone help me
here? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com

0
Nathan

"Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have Visual Studio 2008 and Internet Explorer 8 installed on Windows 7
>Ultimate 64-Bit. In Internet Explorer 8 on the Tools -> Internet Options ->
>Programs -> HTML Editor dropdown list, the only programs listed are
>Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Word, and Notepad. Anybody who
>knows what Visual Studio 2008 is knows that one of the file types it can be
>used to edit is *.html files. It's even Microsoft software, and the version
>of Office that I have installed is 2003, so you would think that if Office
>2003 is willing to add itself to the choices, software whose purpose is
>development and is 5 years newer would be willing to add itself as well. Is
>there a way to do this? I am guessing that the choices are somewhere in the
>registry, but I don't know where, and if I can do it without directly
>editing the registry, that would probably be better. Can anyone help me
>here? Thanks.

You might give this a try.
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/htmleditor.htm

Good luck,

Donald Anadell
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> njsokalski@hotmail.com
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/

0
Donald

How to erase a line drawn using line bar next to + = bar
I drew a line to separate text but now cannot get rid ot it. When I edit or move the text the line keeps reappearing even if the text is cut and pasted it moves with it, or stays with what it left See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "janetland" <janetland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EAC6171-7D72-4664-A41F-A4D7388B213F@microsoft.com... >I drew a line to separate text but now cannot get rid ot it. When I edit or > move the text the line keeps reappearing even if the tex...

HTML email #2
I have a html document I want as the email. I have received emails from colleagues in which the actual email is their html document. How do you do this? Justin <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a html document I want as the email. I have received emails > from colleagues in which the actual email is their html document. How > do you do this? See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm -- Brian Tillman I recommend not to use HTML web page in e-mail without testing the outcome on different clients. Designing a HTML email is far more complic...

How to automatically add a worksheet using macro?
Can I add adding a worksheet in a macro? How do I do that? Ex. I create a new macro. One of the steps in my macro is to insert a new worksheet. Dim NewWks as worksheet set NewWks = worksheets.add with newwks .name = "Your New Name Here" .range("A1").value = "Hi there" End with eva wrote: > > Can I add adding a worksheet in a macro? How do I do that? > Ex. I create a new macro. One of the steps in my macro is to insert a new > worksheet. -- Dave Peterson Thank you "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Dim NewWks as worksheet > set Ne...

UML: using existing classes/structures in a library
Hi, How can I create a UML diagram that uses existing classes in a library. For example, I want to build a UML static structure that has a class ProxyConfiguration. That class has a method that takes a SoapEnvelope as a parameter. SoapEnvelope is a class that is not part of my application, it is part of an existing library. So I don't want to add a class with the name SoapEnvelope just to allow me to make my diagram. Thanks, -- Sven > So I don't want to add a class with the name SoapEnvelope just to allow me > to make my diagram. That is EXACTLY what the Wrox book on ...

message tracking #8
how to enable it in 5.5? Thanks, Nothing "Dooma" wrote: > how to enable it in 5.5? > > Thanks, > > > it has to be enabled at the Information Store Site Configuration, the MTA, and the IMS...at the SA, you tell the system how long to keep the files... "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#8HE3hWWEHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > how to enable it in 5.5? > > Thanks, > > ...

No Internet Access
Hi, I hope someone out there can help me! For my Birthday, I've been given MS Money 2006 Deluxe. However, for the life in me, I can't install it as I'm not on the Internet at home (I'm sending this from a friend's PC). I just want to use Money to manage my simple incomings/outgoings. What's the installation procedure (if any) to install without having to have it on-line? Thanks in advance! Debi :-) Know nothing of the UK version but for the USA... System requirements list a 56kbs modem. On back cover of the little booklet in the CD box. Possibly for update...

Powerpoint 2008 crashes upon launching, have done all upgrades
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I recently upgraded to version 12.2.1 on my G5, this was done Friday August 21st. When I launch 2008, it crashes almost immediately, I have dowloaded service packs 1&2 as well. Attached is the error message, it states that I am only operating on version 12.2.0, even though I downloaded 12.2.1. I have already uninstalled Powerpoint 2008 and reloaded several times, please help, thank you. Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-08-24 14:42:14 -0400 Applic...

Outlook default text for HTML
Hi all, When I use "send to...mail recipient" to send a file to someone it opens a message window in text mode. When I change this to HTML it defaults to Times New Roman font. How can I make it NOT go to Times New Roman? E.G. something like Arial ? This is very annoying because I have to highlight the entire message, then do multiple clicks and scroll through the entire fonts menu. Can the font default be changed and if so, where ? any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advance. Mike marvin0069 'at' nc 'dot' rr 'dot' com You can'...

Contract Administration should not use the history exchange rate
Contract Administration shouldn't use the historic exchange rate for renewal and revenue recognition. It should use the actual exchange rate. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/e...

Autoclose Access Database if not using for more than a certain period
My Access database is working in a multi-user environment. Is there any function to close the access database if the user is not using the file for more than 2 hours? Thanks. See the following: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210297/en-us or another option would be: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304408 <xiaodan86@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178590698.082941.302910@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > My Access database is working in a multi-user environment. > Is there any function to close the access database if the user is not > using the file for more than 2 ho...

returning the value in Colunm C using Colunm A as Ref
Hi I am trying to format a spread sheet and need to return the value of colunm C but the problem is Colunm A is blank as it runs in sequence (see below) It looks like the following A B C 1, P100AA Info 300 2, P100AB Info 150 3, "Blank" "" 100 4, "Blank" "" 50 5, P100AC Info 300 How do i return the last figure for the item in Row 2 (colunm A) i.e. 50? If i do a logical test how do ...

Storing VBA Code In a Cell to Use real Time
I want to store multiple values in Column A and VBA Conditional Code in Column B. The Conditional Code is just text and is just stored on the worksheet. When a macro is run and a variable equals the value in column A then the code stored in Column B executes inside the macro. For example, A1 = "ALLEX" and B1 = "If Not Left(route,1) = "K" . So, when the macro runs and checks to see if "ALLEX" is in Column A. If so ,then it will use the associated Condition: If Not Left(route,1) = "K". directly in the Macro. So, if both condition...

Please Help! Messed up Hard Drive from using Partition Magic
I wanted to use Partition Magic to partition my hard drive, so I used the boot CD. When I loaded it up, it said that there were 2 errors in my hard drive and it could fix them, so I pressed fix. Unfortunately, I was running Vista and I only know now that they're incompatible. However, now my hard drive is completely screwed! If I plug my hard drive into my computer, my computer refuses to do anything after POST, it doesn't boot a CD or run anything from the hard drive. I unplugged my hard drive and it's booting CDs now, even though my CD was the primary boot device anyway...

Re-using a "Door Prize No"
Hi, I’m on Access 2003 on XP Pro with all the latest updates. I’m working for a charity that has a membership database. Each member is assigned a door prize number. The goal is to not have any gaps in the door prize number. When a member leaves the area, we flag that member as “gone” and I want to re-assign their door prize number to the next new member. I’ve already beat my head against the wall talking to management about why they reuse number and they are not going to budge. I can logically see what I need to do, but I don’t know how to code it. I would appreciat...

use forwarded email address on new emails
I have my emails forwarded to my ISP. I want all new out going emails to have the address of the account that forwards to the ISP. I don't want any one to see my ISP address. Is this possible with Outlook 07? Thanks navanax wrote: > I have my emails forwarded to my ISP. I want all new out going emails to > have the address of the account that forwards to the ISP. I don't want any > one to see my ISP address. Is this possible with Outlook 07? Thanks In the e-mail accounts that YOU define inside of Outlook, put whatever you want as your e-mail address. Ra...

Creating a calculated field using dates in a form
I am trying to use dates from 2 fields in a form (HireDate-DOB) to calculate age. Then, using the age, I want to display a message if the age is less than 18. I think I have written a conditional statement correctly, but am unsure where to place it so that the message displays when the condition is met. I am totally new to Access 2007 and VB. You did not say what the content of your 'conditional statement' was and how you plan on using it. What has HireDate to do with it? Is it you want to see if their age is less than 18 on the date of hiring? Then this will c...

pivot table help #8
Hi, I have a pivot table with following fields: Product, Party, Qty, Rate, Amt Product, Party are row fields, Qty, Rate, Amt are Data fields Everything works fine in the pivot table, and Qty, Rate and Amt have their own subtotal rows. I just want the Rate to have a weighted average. Lets say Hydrochloric Acid (Product) - Party1 - Qty:4 - Rate:100 - Amt:400 - Party2 - Qty:8 - Rate:90 - Amt:720 The subtotals for this row appear as: Subtotal: Qty:12 - Rate:190 - Amt:1120 Qty:12 is correct because qty is 4 and 8 bottles that is 12 Amt:1120 is correct because 400+720 = 1120 But Rate sub...

Cash Flow Forecast #8
If you want the cash flow forecast to return to Money 2005 Standard Edition, please go to the feed back link listed below and complain to Microsoft that it was removed. http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp ...

RE: Look at these update for MS Internet Explorer
--gmdfzanwsqul Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jadnkptrcrn"; type="multipart/alternative" --jadnkptrcrn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sduhxptki" --sduhxptki Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the s...

IE 8 secondary window problem?
Hi, Not sure this is the right place to post this question; if not I'd appreciate a link as to where to do it. Problem (if it is a problem, well, for me it is a problem!) is that when I'm on a page in IE 8 and click on something that opens in a second window (like a news article), the second window is about 1/3 the size of the full window. I have to enlarge it to see the whole article, video, or whatever. This gets a bit repetitive, and I'd rather have the second window open to full size but can't figure out if there's a setting to control it, and if so, which ...

Visual Studio preprocessor macro

personal.xls #8
On my computer whenever I open Excel, a file called Personal.xls is automatically loaded but is hidden. This file appears to retain the macros I run. However, on one of my colleague&#8217;s computer, she does not have a personal.xls file. I sent her mine, saved it to her PC and hid it as mine was hidden. But whenever she opens Excel, the file is not there and has to me opened manually. Is there a setting that needs to be set to get this to open whenever Excel opens? Thanks! Fred .. Hi Copy this file in your Xlstart folder. Do a search in Windows for the location **********...

opening Excel from Internet Explorer
When I click on a .xls file link in Internet Explorer, it views the file in the browser. Is there a way to make the Excel link open up the file in Excel rather than the browser? Thanks... How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059 Jeff wrote: > > When I click on a .xls file link in Internet Explorer, it views the file in the browser. Is there a > way to make the Excel link open up the file in Excel rather than the browser? Thanks... -- Dave Peterson ...

Literally displaying imported cells with <HTML> and <BODY> tags
Hi, I'm exporting contents to excel from a web application. Each row looks like this: "3101" "American Express" "Fort Lauderdale" "FL" "Deployed" "Windows 2001R1" "<![CDATA[<HTML> <BODY> <P> <B>IMPORTANT:</B> We have updated server. You must click the button again to receive your account information. <P> More text goes here </P> </BODY> </HTML>]]>" However, when the file is opened in Excel only the text in the last column is displayed (the tags and all the o...