unable to view videos on web

Since about a week ago, I have been unable to view videos that are embedded
in web pages. Instead of the video, there is just a white box that has a
little box with colored shapes in the upper left hand corner. Thanks for your
help!

Can anyone guess what browser and version Varda has? Or what edition of
Windows she has, with what service pack? Or even the URL of a page where
she can't see the video, and which video on the page she can't see? Or
what happened to her computer "about a week ago" that might have caused
the problem?

Me neither.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Varda wrote:
> Since about a week ago, I have been unable to view videos that are embedded
> in web pages. Instead of the video, there is just a white box that has a
> little box with colored shapes in the upper left hand corner. Thanks for your
> help!
0
Leonard
3/4/2010 1:29:44 AM
"Varda" <Varda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since about a week ago, I have been unable to view videos that are
> embedded
> in web pages. Instead of the video, there is just a white box that has a
> little box with colored shapes in the upper left hand corner. Thanks for
> your
> help!

As Leonard has already pointed out, your post is woefully lacking in enough
information to do anything but speculate.

You don't specify what Video type(.flv, .wmv, .mov, .ram, ...etc) you are
trying to view in the Browser, and you didn't supply a link to such a video.

Flash Player Video Test:
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Windows Media Player Video Test:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/demos/video_quality_demos.aspx

Quicktime Player Video Test:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/

RealPlayer Video Test:
http://service.real.com/realplayer/test/

Either tell us which of the above video tests is giving you a problem, or
supply a link to a site that is giving you trouble.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

0
Donald
3/4/2010 2:58:12 PM
Leonard Grey <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in

> Can anyone guess what browser and version Varda has? Or what edition
> of Windows she has, with what service pack? Or even the URL of a page
> where she can't see the video, and which video on the page she can't
> see? Or what happened to her computer "about a week ago" that might
> have caused the problem?
>
> Me neither.

ME! ME! ME!  ** waves hand frantically in the classroom **

IE6!  YouTube no longer supports it!

Yes?

"Varda" <Varda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since about a week ago, I have been unable to view videos that are
> embedded
> in web pages. Instead of the video, there is just a white box that has a
> little box with colored shapes in the upper left hand corner. Thanks for
> your
> help!

Assuming Internet Explorer, TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>ADVANCED, scroll down to
Show Image Download Placeholders, and deselect it (uncheck the checkbox).

0
Jeff

Unable to open Attachments (Environment Wide)
Going to post this in the Exchange group, as I havent had any luck in the Outlook group. This may actually be a server security issue, but I am a bit lost on a solution. We recently migrated to Office XP at our corporate office. Since the upgrade, I am having several complaints of attachments not openning. After researching the issue, it appears be random and the current solution is to forward the message to the receiver, and then launch the attachment. The attachments are not blocked and are simple Word, Excel and PDF files. The user receives no error. Double clicking the attachmen...

Publishing to the Web
Once I publish my website to our site.....people who do not use Internet Explorer to view the site....cannot see some things or manuever around effectively within the site. How can I correct this? -- Have a Blessed Day! Cyn cyn42567 wrote: > Once I publish my website to our site.....people who do not use Internet > Explorer to view the site....cannot see some things or manuever around > effectively within the site. How can I correct this? By using a real webdesign program rather than a DTP program. If you don't have FrontPage or Expression Web and can't afford to get...

How to Burn AVI Video to DVD on Mac
What is AVI AVI stands for Audio Video Interleave. It is a special case of the RIFF (Resource Interchange File Format). AVI is defined by Microsoft. Audio Video Interleaved (AVI) files are a common format for compressed video clips. Files downloaded from the internet often use this format. While movies downloaded from the internet and videos recorded with digital camcorders are always AVI format, how to [url=http://www.imediacreator.com/howtoburn/burn-avi-to-dvd-on-mac.html#179][b]convert AVI to DVD mac[/b][/url] and burn AVI video to DVD disc so that you can watch AVI video and movie on a...

Using map on web design
Can anyone tell me how to go about inserting map on website? Save the map as a GIF file optimized for the web, open a picture frame on your document, insert your map picture, should do the trick. DavidF "Map on web design" <Map on web design@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29908809-F532-4849-8302-F14F7C1C8501@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how to go about inserting map on website? Can I copy any map from the internet? Or a special site to go to to get one to be used? Thanks for the reply :-) "DavidF" wrote: > Save the map as a ...

Exchange 2K Web Access
Does Exchange 2k have the ability to allow internet web mail login to a mail.domain.com or is 3rd party software needed? Thank You, CHris Chris wrote: > Does Exchange 2k have the ability to allow internet web mail login to a > mail.domain.com or is 3rd party software needed? > Thank You, > CHris Exchange 2000 has OWA functionality built-in which lets You access your mailbox using HTTP -- Tomasz Onyszko [MVP] http://www.w2k.pl Thank You. Is there a wizard to setup this feature or can you direct me? Thank You, Chris "Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]" wrote: > Chris w...

CPropertySheet View
How can I have a CPropertySheet in my view, as Excel does ? >How can I have a CPropertySheet in my view, as Excel does ? Have a look on MSDN for the SNAPVW sample for a basic property page view. For something that looks more like Excel's tabbed pages, have a look for Paul DiLascia's CFolderTabCtrl articles from April/May 1999 issues of MSJ. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Unread Messages view doesnt update??
Hello, Im using O2K3. I really love the interface improvements, but theres one thing i find annoying about the Unread Messages folder. If im in that folder, and turn a message "read" (either by replying or by Alt+Q) it doesnt disappear from the view. To get the real contents of the view, i need to click on a different folder, then click on the UM folder again. Is this the way it is supposed to work, because its a real pain. TIA - - Arthur Dent. ...

Setting Folder Views
I have just installed intraVnews, the RSS news reader add-in. I would like to set the view for each folder to the same custom defined view. I have defined that view through the Custom View Organizer (View/Arrange by>Current View>Define Views...). The personal folder holding the RSS feeds (named, by default, intraVnews) will contain many subfolders on multiple levels. And these folders will change often as I subscribe and unsubscribe to RSS feeds in the future. As I desire to view all of the RSS feeds' folders using the custom defined view, I am interested in a method to s...

How do I slide calendar view forward?
I have just recently updated to Outlook 2003. I am now populating my calendar and am having a bit of trouble with the view. I like seeing the 5 day view as it lets me see the hours instead of simply one box for the whole day. I have learned that by clicking on the small monthly calendars on the left I can switch which week I am looking at as well. The one thing I can't figure out how to do is to stay with a 5 day view on my main screen and advance the 5 days forward one day at a time instead of leapfrogging ahead one week. Example...I have Monday - Friday on the screen. I want to mov...

Outlook 2002-View Distribution Lists
I can not seem to view all my distribution lists in Contacts at once. Any ideas? -Rose ...

unable to generate voucher number
We are getting an error message everytime we open Payables, Transaction Entry. "Unable to generate voucher number". You can't close the transaction entry window, you can't delete or clear so we end up ctrl-alt-del to get out of Dynamics. We are running Dynamics GP 9.0. Any one else ever run in to this? We have voucher numbers set up in the payables system, and the next number to use seems valid. -- grace Grace, You say "seems valid", have you verified this? Run the following query against your database: select * from pm00400 where cntrlnum = (select n...

Grouping view in Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hi It's possible to group or count a view in Grid in CRM 3.0. When I create new view in Advance Phonecall I don't see any grouping or counting fileds. In grid I have: Subject | State Task 1 1 Task 2 1 Task 1 1 Task 1 1 and I want: Subject | State Task 1 3 Task 2 1 Thanks, Andrej Answered in Dev group. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Andrej" <Andrej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D049221E-F7E9-4531-9098-0C6BB14D8BA0@microsoft.com... Hi It's possible to grou...

Unable to read file message
When I try to open a (my most important) excel file, I am getting the message 'Unable to read file'. I have tried saving it to disk and opening it on Win98 (I have xp thinking maybe it was something to do with the OS (I read something like that somewhere on the 'net). Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone, and with successfu resolution? Thank you in advance.... Sa -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > When I try to open a (my most important) excel file, I am getting the > message 'Una...

NEWS Command Missing from View Goto Menu
Outlook XP (2002) The NEWS command is missing from the View-->Goto menu. Also when I look in the View-->Toolbars_Customize dialog under the View section the NEWS command is not listed and cannot be assigned to a menu. The command was there at one time but now seems to have run away from home. Any clues on how to get it back? Thanks. 6 In article <#9SbG0gUDHA.2204@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Number 6" <Number 6 @nospam.com> says... > Outlook XP (2002) > > The NEWS command is missing from the View-->Goto menu. Also when I look in > the View-->To...

Problems with Views not displaying "Regarding" data
CRM v4.0 Whenever I create a View that is supposed to display data from a related entity, I show no data. For instance, I have an Activity view that is related to a Contact. In my Activities view I want to display certain data from the related Contact entity, such as "City", "Job Title", etc. But again, when I save the view, I show no data under "City (Regarding)", or "Job Title (Regarding)". My user account has system admin rights, so I know its not a role issue. It smells and looks like a bug, but it seems more users would have this proble...

Form posting to Acess
Using Expression 3. Is there a way I can create a form, post the data to Access and that data (as a table) whick will grow, be embedded into the center of an HTML page? All automatically then automatically somehow send (ftp) to web server? If this could be done I sure would like to see the instructions. Thanks Steps required are: 1) Submit the form to add a record to database. 2) Use another page to get results from the database and display in gridview. The actual code depends on your skills, and what your host supports - Access rerquires windows server, then either "cl...

To create view with parameter
Please anybody can advice me with the steps to create a veiw with parameters in MsAccess 2007 . I have the following colum invoicemonth numeric invoiceyear numeric invoiceamt double the parameter where invoicemonth >= ar_monthfrom and and invoicemonth <= ar_monthto Please help . It would be very helpful. With thanks Pol Are you saying that you want the user to be prompted for ar_monthfrom and ar_monthto? Put the following as the criteria under the invoicemonth field in your QBE grid: Between [ar_monthfrom] And [ar_monthto] Or are you ...

Outlook Web Access Authentication
How can I change the logon.asp of Microsoft Exchange 2003 (in Small Business Server 2003) so I don't have to type in the Domain name? -- Thank you for your time and your help! In IIS choose the Exhcage virtual property. After Select Directory Security, Edit and on basic authenication choose the button where's write "select default domain" "DavidP" wrote: > How can I change the logon.asp of Microsoft Exchange 2003 (in Small Business > Server 2003) so I don't have to type in the Domain name? > -- > Thank you for your time and your help! ...

Gridline view in XL2000
I have a user who's pc only displays horizontal gridlines on starting the application (no vertical). When I receive spreadsheets from her they have the correct gridlines. We have checked the appropriate box in options on her PC to show gridlines but to no effect. Always starts up just horizontal lines. Any Ideas anyone?? Thanks The only thing I could think of (since no one else answered your question) maybe she uses horizontal borders formatted on the spreadsheet. Then has the gridline box checked in page setup. This would explain the gridlines appearing when printed. Do you u...

is there a quick way of getting rid of custom views?
Hi (again) :) i have auto-filtered my data. and have now save it as a custom view. i have now selected custom view. now i want to get back to the original view (unfiltered and unhidden) is there a quick way of doing this? other than going to each tab an clicking "show all" the only way i can think of is to save a custom view called UNFILTERED. but this works only if i remember to do this BEFORE started to filter/hide. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sokevin You could just try switching off all filters by clicking Data/Filter/Autofilter. Seamu -...

Unable to reach HTTPS links in Outlook
Hello All other links are fine, but the ones that try to get to https links will not have it Any idea appreciated Thanks ...

Not enough memory/Unable to save external link values
Hi, I'm getting two errors when closing Excel. First "Not enough memory" then "Unable to save external link values". I can understand the second one - I have a lot of links and since the are formulae, the values wouldn't be retained anyway. The file size is 439kb, and I've got plenty left on my hard drive. Th machine does appear to be saving something despite the message. Th file is currently open, am I safe to close it? What should I do? Bertie -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I have the same problem. Found this answer on another post (s...

tabbed views
I want to create a tabbed CScrollView. Can anyone help or direct me to an example app. Peter Simmonds Northampton, UK If you are looking for something like Excel have a look at: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0599/c/c0599.aspx or do you want to use a CTabCtrl? M "Peter Simmonds" <peter@simmonds.worldonline.co.uk> wrote in message news:417e6d11_1@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com... >I want to create a tabbed CScrollView. > Can anyone help or direct me to an example app. > > Peter Simmonds > Northampton, UK > I couldn't get the Excel type app to com...

Link to Internet, copy paste data from Web Page
I would like to be able to automate a task of clicking on a link in a spreadsheet and accessing specific data on a public internet web page (i.e. Address, City, State, Zip) and place this data into columns of the linked row. The data on the public internet web page is formatted exactly the same for every linked page. Each data element is prefixed with a description (i.e. "Address:", "City:" etc.). I want to do this to create a list of potential employers to whom I can mail a resume. Any suggestions? I don't know how to do this. If I was trying to make the mailing ...

exchange 2k unable to relay
I have a standalone server that several individuals use for email as POP3 clients. The relay settings are pretty standard "allow only the computers below" and "relay on authentication". Problem is that the POP3 clients started getting errors about not being able to relay. The pop3 clients are OE6, which are setup with the login for "my server requires authentication with username and password populated. I've been testing myself with every conceivable setup on the client side. The only way I can get mail through now is to allow open relay to everyone. This is excha...