Unable to 'organize favorites' due to IE script error

> When I click on 'organize favorites' below 'add to favorites', I get this
> error message:
> Windows Internet Explorer
> Script Error
> Error:Automation Server can't create object
> Page:favorites.htm?folder=
> Call Stack:
>
> - box with OK -
>
> While this is displayed, the term 'loading' is on the otherwise blank page
> (under the headers), just scrolling... it never goes anywhere. Can't
> navigate away from the page; must completely close the browser page.
>
> My hard drive is almost full & I'd really like to be able to clean out a
> lot
> of dead links on my list. This has been an issue for several months.

I have Windows XP & IE7. I posted this first in the WinXP forum & was told
to report it here.

> Thank you for any anticipated help.

Hi,

Type

shell:favorites

in the IE Address bar... this will open a Windows Explorer Window at what
should be the same folder as your IE Favorites (Unless you are using XP and
IE6 and have sometime in the past moved your Favorites folder for IE to a
different location)

Have you done a disk cleanup yet or a disk defrag?
(Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools)

I saw a terrabyte external drive advertised for $150 today. Thats about the
same storage as 20 laptop computers.

Regards.

"doxideb" <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When I click on 'organize favorites' below 'add to favorites', I get this
>> error message:
>> Windows Internet Explorer
>> Script Error
>> Error:Automation Server can't create object
>> Page:favorites.htm?folder=
>> Call Stack:
>>
>> - box with OK -
>>
>> While this is displayed, the term 'loading' is on the otherwise blank
>> page
>> (under the headers), just scrolling... it never goes anywhere. Can't
>> navigate away from the page; must completely close the browser page.
>>
>> My hard drive is almost full & I'd really like to be able to clean out a
>> lot
>> of dead links on my list. This has been an issue for several months.
>
> I have Windows XP & IE7. I posted this first in the WinXP forum & was told
> to report it here.
>>
>> Thank you for any anticipated help.

0
rob
3/11/2010 1:52:35 AM
In my reply to your post in WinXP General suggesting that you post about IE
issues in this newsgroup, I also included the link
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/redxorg.htm

doxideb wrote:
>> When I click on 'organize favorites' below 'add to favorites', I get this
>> error message:
>> Windows Internet Explorer
>> Script Error
>> Error:Automation Server can't create object
>> Page:favorites.htm?folder=
>> Call Stack:
>>
>> - box with OK -
>>
>> While this is displayed, the term 'loading' is on the otherwise blank
>> page
>> (under the headers), just scrolling... it never goes anywhere. Can't
>> navigate away from the page; must completely close the browser page.
>>
>> My hard drive is almost full & I'd really like to be able to clean out a
>> lot
>> of dead links on my list. This has been an issue for several months.
>
> I have Windows XP & IE7. I posted this first in the WinXP forum & was told
> to report it here.
>>
>> Thank you for any anticipated help.

0
PA
3/11/2010 2:48:53 AM
"doxideb" <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When I click on 'organize favorites' below 'add to favorites', I get this
>> error message:
>> Windows Internet Explorer
>> Script Error
>> Error:Automation Server can't create object
>> Page:favorites.htm?folder=
>> Call Stack:
>>
>> - box with OK -
>>
>> While this is displayed, the term 'loading' is on the otherwise blank
>> page
>> (under the headers), just scrolling... it never goes anywhere. Can't
>> navigate away from the page; must completely close the browser page.
>>
>> My hard drive is almost full & I'd really like to be able to clean out a
>> lot
>> of dead links on my list. This has been an issue for several months.
>
> I have Windows XP & IE7. I posted this first in the WinXP forum & was told
> to report it here.
>>
>> Thank you for any anticipated help.

You might try reinstalling the Windows Script Engine to see if it resolves
your issue.

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

0
Donald
3/11/2010 1:11:15 PM
I did not see that amongst all of the other links. Thank you; I'll check it
later today.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> In my reply to your post in WinXP General suggesting that you post about IE
> issues in this newsgroup, I also included the link
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/redxorg.htm
>
> doxideb wrote:
> >> When I click on 'organize favorites' below 'add to favorites', I get this
> >> error message:
> >> Windows Internet Explorer
> >> Script Error
> >> Error:Automation Server can't create object
> >> Page:favorites.htm?folder=
> >> Call Stack:
> >>
> >> - box with OK -
> >>
> >> While this is displayed, the term 'loading' is on the otherwise blank
> >> page
> >> (under the headers), just scrolling... it never goes anywhere. Can't
> >> navigate away from the page; must completely close the browser page.
> >>
> >> My hard drive is almost full & I'd really like to be able to clean out a
> >> lot
> >> of dead links on my list. This has been an issue for several months.
> >
> > I have Windows XP & IE7. I posted this first in the WinXP forum & was told
> > to report it here.
> >>
> >> Thank you for any anticipated help.
>
> .

Thank you, Rob... I'll try that after I've gotten some sleep. I bought a
refurbished 1TB external drive from Overstock a few weeks ago for much less!
I appreciate the suggestions.

Debbie

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Type
>
> shell:favorites
>
> in the IE Address bar... this will open a Windows Explorer Window at what
> should be the same folder as your IE Favorites (Unless you are using XP and
> IE6 and have sometime in the past moved your Favorites folder for IE to a
> different location)
>
> Have you done a disk cleanup yet or a disk defrag?
> (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools)
>
> I saw a terrabyte external drive advertised for $150 today. Thats about the
> same storage as 20 laptop computers.
>
> Regards.
>
> "doxideb" <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> When I click on 'organize favorites' below 'add to favorites', I get this
> >> error message:
> >> Windows Internet Explorer
> >> Script Error
> >> Error:Automation Server can't create object
> >> Page:favorites.htm?folder=
> >> Call Stack:
> >>
> >> - box with OK -
> >>
> >> While this is displayed, the term 'loading' is on the otherwise blank
> >> page
> >> (under the headers), just scrolling... it never goes anywhere. Can't
> >> navigate away from the page; must completely close the browser page.
> >>
> >> My hard drive is almost full & I'd really like to be able to clean out a
> >> lot
> >> of dead links on my list. This has been an issue for several months.
> >
> > I have Windows XP & IE7. I posted this first in the WinXP forum & was told
> > to report it here.
> >>
> >> Thank you for any anticipated help.

P.S. Yes, I've done regular disk cleanups & defrags.

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Type
>
> shell:favorites
>
> in the IE Address bar... this will open a Windows Explorer Window at what
> should be the same folder as your IE Favorites (Unless you are using XP and
> IE6 and have sometime in the past moved your Favorites folder for IE to a
> different location)
>
> Have you done a disk cleanup yet or a disk defrag?
> (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools)
>
> I saw a terrabyte external drive advertised for $150 today. Thats about the
> same storage as 20 laptop computers.
>
> Regards.
>
> "doxideb" <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> When I click on 'organize favorites' below 'add to favorites', I get this
> >> error message:
> >> Windows Internet Explorer
> >> Script Error
> >> Error:Automation Server can't create object
> >> Page:favorites.htm?folder=
> >> Call Stack:
> >>
> >> - box with OK -
> >>
> >> While this is displayed, the term 'loading' is on the otherwise blank
> >> page
> >> (under the headers), just scrolling... it never goes anywhere. Can't
> >> navigate away from the page; must completely close the browser page.
> >>
> >> My hard drive is almost full & I'd really like to be able to clean out a
> >> lot
> >> of dead links on my list. This has been an issue for several months.
> >
> > I have Windows XP & IE7. I posted this first in the WinXP forum & was told
> > to report it here.
> >>
> >> Thank you for any anticipated help.

Donald, thank you for your suggestion. I tried and got a response telling me
that what I have currently is a more current version of that one. Whether
that is an indication of part of the problem, I have no clue!

Thank you! Debbie

> Donald, thank you for your suggestion. I tried and got a response telling
> me
> that what I have currently is a more current version of that one. Whether
> that is an indication of part of the problem, I have no clue!

That response would imply that you have the latest version of the Windows
Script Engine(Version 5.7) for Windows XP already installed on your machine.

However, it's possible that one of the DLL file components of the Scripting
Engine has become Unregistered.  Try running the "Fixit" at the following
site to re-register all the file component of the Scripting Engine.

Fixit:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949140

Or, you can do it manually by re-registering the following 3 file.  Enter
each in the Run Box one at a time and click OK.

regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 wshom.ocx
regsvr32 scrrun.dll

I'm simply trying to rule out the Windows Scripting Engine as being the
source of your problem.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thank you! Debbie
>
> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "doxideb" <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > I have Windows XP & IE7. I posted this first in the WinXP forum & was
>> > told
>> > to report it here.

>> You might try reinstalling the Windows Script Engine to see if it
>> resolves
>> your issue.
>>
>> Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>> .

0
Donald
3/12/2010 1:36:09 PM
Donald!!!
You are my MVP!!!!! I've spent 3 hours just now trouble shooting this;
somewhere along the way I lost my IE browser so I've got that set up again.
HOWEVER, the magic fix was your suggestion to re-register the 3 files. The
page opened and said it was loading; I just held my breath, waiting for the
script error message... then there they were! All of my favorites files!!!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your time, patience and support... I
am out-of-this-world grateful!!!

I also appreciate the other responses and I did try all of those suggestions
without success ~ however, I have learned a tremendous amount of new
information and have added all of the recommended resources to my - you
guessed it! - my Favorites list!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Sincerely,
Debbie

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "doxideb" <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Donald, thank you for your suggestion. I tried and got a response telling
> > me
> > that what I have currently is a more current version of that one. Whether
> > that is an indication of part of the problem, I have no clue!
>
> That response would imply that you have the latest version of the Windows
> Script Engine(Version 5.7) for Windows XP already installed on your machine.
>
> However, it's possible that one of the DLL file components of the Scripting
> Engine has become Unregistered.  Try running the "Fixit" at the following
> site to re-register all the file component of the Scripting Engine.
>
> Fixit:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949140
>
> Or, you can do it manually by re-registering the following 3 file.  Enter
> each in the Run Box one at a time and click OK.
>
> regsvr32 jscript.dll
> regsvr32 wshom.ocx
> regsvr32 scrrun.dll
>
> I'm simply trying to rule out the Windows Scripting Engine as being the
> source of your problem.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> > Thank you! Debbie
> >
> > "Donald Anadell" wrote:
> >

> >> "doxideb" <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> You might try reinstalling the Windows Script Engine to see if it
> >> resolves
> >> your issue.
> >>
> >> Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >>
> >> Donald Anadell
> >>

> >> .
> >>

> .

QED: Why was it necessary to do so?

doxideb wrote:
> Donald!!!
> You are my MVP!!!!! I've spent 3 hours just now trouble shooting this;
> somewhere along the way I lost my IE browser so I've got that set up
> again.
> HOWEVER, the magic fix was your suggestion to re-register the 3 files. The
> page opened and said it was loading; I just held my breath, waiting for
> the
> script error message... then there they were! All of my favorites files!!!
>
> I can't tell you how much I appreciate your time, patience and support...
> am out-of-this-world grateful!!!
>
> I also appreciate the other responses and I did try all of those
> suggestions
> without success ~ however, I have learned a tremendous amount of new
> information and have added all of the recommended resources to my - you
> guessed it! - my Favorites list!!!
>
> Thank you, thank you, thank you!
> Sincerely,
> Debbie
>
> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "doxideb" <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Donald, thank you for your suggestion. I tried and got a response
>>> telling
>>> me
>>> that what I have currently is a more current version of that one.
>>> Whether
>>> that is an indication of part of the problem, I have no clue!
>>
>> That response would imply that you have the latest version of the Windows
>> Script Engine(Version 5.7) for Windows XP already installed on your
>> machine.
>>
>> However, it's possible that one of the DLL file components of the
>> Scripting
>> Engine has become Unregistered.  Try running the "Fixit" at the following
>> site to re-register all the file component of the Scripting Engine.
>>
>> Fixit:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949140
>>
>> Or, you can do it manually by re-registering the following 3 file.  Enter
>> each in the Run Box one at a time and click OK.
>>
>> regsvr32 jscript.dll
>> regsvr32 wshom.ocx
>> regsvr32 scrrun.dll
>>
>> I'm simply trying to rule out the Windows Scripting Engine as being the
>> source of your problem.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> Thank you! Debbie

>> .

0
PA
3/13/2010 12:30:42 AM
I'm sorry... to do what?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> QED: Why was it necessary to do so?
>
> doxideb wrote:
> > Donald!!!
> > You are my MVP!!!!! I've spent 3 hours just now trouble shooting this;
> > somewhere along the way I lost my IE browser so I've got that set up
> > again.
> > HOWEVER, the magic fix was your suggestion to re-register the 3 files. The
> > page opened and said it was loading; I just held my breath, waiting for
> > the
> > script error message... then there they were! All of my favorites files!!!
> >
> > I can't tell you how much I appreciate your time, patience and support...
> > am out-of-this-world grateful!!!
> >
> > I also appreciate the other responses and I did try all of those
> > suggestions
> > without success ~ however, I have learned a tremendous amount of new
> > information and have added all of the recommended resources to my - you
> > guessed it! - my Favorites list!!!
> >
> > Thank you, thank you, thank you!
> > Sincerely,
> > Debbie
> >
> > "Donald Anadell" wrote:
> >

> >> "doxideb" <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> That response would imply that you have the latest version of the Windows
> >> Script Engine(Version 5.7) for Windows XP already installed on your
> >> machine.
> >>
> >> However, it's possible that one of the DLL file components of the
> >> Scripting
> >> Engine has become Unregistered.  Try running the "Fixit" at the following
> >> site to re-register all the file component of the Scripting Engine.
> >>
> >> Fixit:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949140
> >>
> >> Or, you can do it manually by re-registering the following 3 file.  Enter
> >> each in the Run Box one at a time and click OK.
> >>
> >> regsvr32 jscript.dll
> >> regsvr32 wshom.ocx
> >> regsvr32 scrrun.dll
> >>
> >> I'm simply trying to rule out the Windows Scripting Engine as being the
> >> source of your problem.
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >>
> >> Donald Anadell

> >> .
>
> .

Why did you have to re-register those three files at all?

doxideb wrote:
> I'm sorry... to do what?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> QED: Why was it necessary to do so?
>>
>> doxideb wrote:
>>> Donald!!!
>>> You are my MVP!!!!! I've spent 3 hours just now trouble shooting this;
>>> somewhere along the way I lost my IE browser so I've got that set up
>>> again.
>>> HOWEVER, the magic fix was your suggestion to re-register the 3 files.
>>> The
>>> page opened and said it was loading; I just held my breath, waiting for
>>> the
>>> script error message... then there they were! All of my favorites
>>> files!!!
>>>
>>> I can't tell you how much I appreciate your time, patience and
>>> support...
>>> am out-of-this-world grateful!!!
>>>
>>> I also appreciate the other responses and I did try all of those
>>> suggestions
>>> without success ~ however, I have learned a tremendous amount of new
>>> information and have added all of the recommended resources to my - you
>>> guessed it! - my Favorites list!!!
>>>
>>> Thank you, thank you, thank you!
>>> Sincerely,
>>> Debbie

>> .

0
PA
3/13/2010 7:32:42 AM
I don't know... of all the suggestions made and tried, it was the only
solution to my issue.
Clearly, I'm no techie so the answer will have to come from elsewhere.
Thank you for your input.

> Donald!!!
> You are my MVP!!!!! I've spent 3 hours just now trouble shooting this;
> somewhere along the way I lost my IE browser so I've got that set up
> again.
> HOWEVER, the magic fix was your suggestion to re-register the 3 files. The
> page opened and said it was loading; I just held my breath, waiting for
> the
> script error message... then there they were! All of my favorites files!!!
>
> I can't tell you how much I appreciate your time, patience and support...
> am out-of-this-world grateful!!!
>
> I also appreciate the other responses and I did try all of those
> suggestions
> without success ~ however, I have learned a tremendous amount of new
> information and have added all of the recommended resources to my - you
> guessed it! - my Favorites list!!!
>
> Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You're welcome Debbie, glad you were able to get it sorted out.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Sincerely,
> Debbie
>
> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "doxideb" <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > Donald, thank you for your suggestion. I tried and got a response
>> > telling
>> > me
>> > that what I have currently is a more current version of that one.
>> > Whether
>> > that is an indication of part of the problem, I have no clue!
>>
>> That response would imply that you have the latest version of the Windows
>> Script Engine(Version 5.7) for Windows XP already installed on your
>> machine.
>>
>> However, it's possible that one of the DLL file components of the
>> Scripting
>> Engine has become Unregistered.  Try running the "Fixit" at the following
>> site to re-register all the file component of the Scripting Engine.
>>
>> Fixit:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949140
>>
>> Or, you can do it manually by re-registering the following 3 file.  Enter
>> each in the Run Box one at a time and click OK.
>>
>> regsvr32 jscript.dll
>> regsvr32 wshom.ocx
>> regsvr32 scrrun.dll
>>
>> I'm simply trying to rule out the Windows Scripting Engine as being the
>> source of your problem.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>> > Thank you! Debbie

>> .

0
Donald
3/13/2010 12:56:34 PM
In news:A8C15A00-448C-4EC6-8698-AAB7A3A59BB3@microsoft.com,
doxideb <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Donald!!!
> You are my MVP!!!!! I've spent 3 hours just now trouble
> shooting this; somewhere along the way I lost my IE browser
> so I've got that set up again. HOWEVER, the magic fix was
> your suggestion to re-register the 3 files. The page opened
> and said it was loading; I just held my breath, waiting for
> the script error message... then there they were! All of my
> favorites files!!!
>
> I can't tell you how much I appreciate your time, patience
> and support... I am out-of-this-world grateful!!!
>
> I also appreciate the other responses and I did try all of
> those suggestions without success ~ however, I have learned
> a tremendous amount of new information and have added all
> of the recommended resources to my - you guessed it! - my
> Favorites list!!!
>
> Thank you, thank you, thank you!
> Sincerely,
> Debbie

Now that you've had success there, I hope you'll also take the time to learn
to backup your important data such as your My Favorites folder, e-mail and
whatever else you might not be able to replace when you lose it.  For data,
it can be as simple as using the copy command/s all the way up to imaging
programs which will protect the entire computer.

HTH,

Twayne`

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "doxideb" <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>>
>>> Donald, thank you for your suggestion. I tried and got a
>>> response telling me
>>> that what I have currently is a more current version of
>>> that one. Whether that is an indication of part of the
>>> problem, I have no clue!
>>
>> That response would imply that you have the latest version
>> of the Windows Script Engine(Version 5.7) for Windows XP
>> already installed on your machine.
>>
>> However, it's possible that one of the DLL file components
>> of the Scripting Engine has become Unregistered.  Try
>> running the "Fixit" at the following site to re-register
>> all the file component of the Scripting Engine.
>>
>> Fixit:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949140
>>
>> Or, you can do it manually by re-registering the following
>> 3 file.  Enter each in the Run Box one at a time and click
>> OK.
>>
>> regsvr32 jscript.dll
>> regsvr32 wshom.ocx
>> regsvr32 scrrun.dll
>>
>> I'm simply trying to rule out the Windows Scripting Engine
>> as being the source of your problem.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> Thank you! Debbie

>> .

Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.
But always verify important information with
other sources to be certain you have a clear
understanding of it and that it is accurate.

0
Twayne
3/13/2010 6:45:19 PM
Thank you, Twayne... that's next on my agenda since I have the new 1TB
external hard drive standing by. I'm always learning... some lessons are
easier than others!

Regards, Debbie

"Twayne" wrote:

> In news:A8C15A00-448C-4EC6-8698-AAB7A3A59BB3@microsoft.com,
> doxideb <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > Donald!!!
> > You are my MVP!!!!! I've spent 3 hours just now trouble
> > shooting this; somewhere along the way I lost my IE browser
> > so I've got that set up again. HOWEVER, the magic fix was
> > your suggestion to re-register the 3 files. The page opened
> > and said it was loading; I just held my breath, waiting for
> > the script error message... then there they were! All of my
> > favorites files!!!
> >
> > I can't tell you how much I appreciate your time, patience
> > and support... I am out-of-this-world grateful!!!
> >
> > I also appreciate the other responses and I did try all of
> > those suggestions without success ~ however, I have learned
> > a tremendous amount of new information and have added all
> > of the recommended resources to my - you guessed it! - my
> > Favorites list!!!
> >
> > Thank you, thank you, thank you!
> > Sincerely,
> > Debbie
>
> Now that you've had success there, I hope you'll also take the time to learn
> to backup your important data such as your My Favorites folder, e-mail and
> whatever else you might not be able to replace when you lose it.  For data,
> it can be as simple as using the copy command/s all the way up to imaging
> programs which will protect the entire computer.
>
> HTH,
>
> Twayne`
>
> > "Donald Anadell" wrote:
> >

> >> "doxideb" <doxideb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

> >> That response would imply that you have the latest version
> >> of the Windows Script Engine(Version 5.7) for Windows XP
> >> already installed on your machine.
> >>
> >> However, it's possible that one of the DLL file components
> >> of the Scripting Engine has become Unregistered.  Try
> >> running the "Fixit" at the following site to re-register
> >> all the file component of the Scripting Engine.
> >>
> >> Fixit:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949140
> >>
> >> Or, you can do it manually by re-registering the following
> >> 3 file.  Enter each in the Run Box one at a time and click
> >> OK.
> >>
> >> regsvr32 jscript.dll
> >> regsvr32 wshom.ocx
> >> regsvr32 scrrun.dll
> >>
> >> I'm simply trying to rule out the Windows Scripting Engine
> >> as being the source of your problem.
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >>
> >> Donald Anadell

> >> .

> Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.
> But always verify important information with
> other sources to be certain you have a clear
> understanding of it and that it is accurate.
>

> .

C# programs startup with an error dialog box
Hello, I have a problem with .NET programs (C# written using Visual Studio 2005) that are running on a particular computer. When I execute the programs, there is a delay followed by a dialog box with the name of the executable on the title bar. There is an error icon with an OK button. There is no other information displayed. After pressing the OK button the application exits. I tried to compile a simple WinForms application. It runs okay on my apps development PC, but when transferred to and run on the other PC, it crashes with the same error. I tried to reload the dot Net 2....

Email Activity
We are receiving the following error message when accessing an email activity in CRM 4.0 from a few laptops (javascript error appears) and attempting to change tabs on the record... <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Object expected</Message> <Line>1</Line> <URL>/ Org&#47;activities&#47;email&#47;edit.aspx&#63;id&#61;&#123;6746A358-7BB5- DD11-9BEF-00064F5FE13D&#125;</URL> <PageURL>...

Error printing report: "specified path for the output file does
Hi - I'm trying to print a Payable Distribution History report but get the error "specified path for the output file does not exist". It does not happen with other reports. Any help to fix this error would greatly appreciated. thanks Oumar hi Oumar, go check the Report Destination screen and make sure that there is no path listed in the field where you can enter one. It would be in the File checkbox. If it is grayed out, mark the File option, delete the path and then unmark the File box. Should you want to save it to a file, then select a valid path. Hop...

Type Mismatch error on DNS capture... HELP please
Hello, Does anybody can help me on this issue please? I did write a script to capture server primary and secondary DNS through WMI class, it is working properly with many servers in my environment, but for some reason that I don't know, it is stopping during execution at line 23 char 30, Error: Type mismatch, code: 800A000D, for some servers, all servers are in the same domain, with the same architeture, I cannot identify where VB is getting this error, also I've try with IP address and DNS name, same problem. here is the script. Option Explicit Dim DNS1, DNS2, o...

SQL Error 'CoProcess' fail accessing to SQL data
I have two companies in my Great Plains Server, i make a backup of first company and restore that in the second. but when a attempt to access to second company whith any user, and I have this error: una obtener/cambiar primero operacion en la tabla 'coProcess' ha fallado al acceder a los datos SQL Hi Before you restored the company1 to company2, did you add the users to have acces to company2? If not you will need to add the users to company 2 within Great Plains system menu (uncheck the SQL options to apply this). Can you logon as the 'sa' user? Regards James &qu...

File error: data may have been lost.
What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an Excel spreadsheet in Japanese. The spreadhseet is created using Excel 2002 in Win XP Japanese. Hi (konichiwa), if you cannot open the file, try this: open a new workbook. Insert > Object > Create From file> >browse to file then okay. This creates a picture linkt othat file. Click it and see what happens. It worked for me when file became unopenable. - Mark - mark >-----Original Message----- >What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an >Excel spreadshee...

DTD ?? and Errors when trying to Retrieve / Read a generated XML f
Hi All Hope someone can help. Using WebRequest.Method = "POST" and ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" I connect to a web application which then is expected to return me an XML file ie It is generated and returned rather than existing as a file in a location. my webrequest reads as... http://webedu/webct/public/serve_webctdb?OPERATION=homearea_xml From the Browser I get this returned <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?> <!DOCTYPE homearea (View Source for full doctype...)> - <homearea base="http:...

Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server
Hi, At the end of the installation process we get following error: "Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to provision your organization. Setup was unable to create root business unit. Unknown error (80004000)" I believe it coud be a DNS error. However, all settings seem to be fine. I am installing CRM with an account that has Domain Admin priviledges. However, it seems that the setup can not create the first organizational unit after some basic NT User Groups are created. Anybody had the same problem? Ralf, If you are installing the new 1.2 it cre...

If I press F9 I get error message "operation failed"
If I press F9 to download all messages I get error message "operation failed" but I can download messages from each email account manually using menu bar receive. Is there a remedy? ...

Error Message #92
I have a user (User A) that has been granted Publishing Editor permissions for User B's calendar. User A has Win2000 OS with Office 2003. User B is using WinXp and Office 2003. User A can access, read, writed, etc. User B's calendar, but when trying to print the calendar an error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook," is returned. The user exits out of Outlook and starts again, but the same error message is returned. I have looked at microsoft's web site, but all posts regard earlier versions of Outl...

Can't insert column; keep receiving error message
I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message that said, "...unable to shift nonblank cells off worksheet." I tried everything from unhiding all columns and rows toreformatting all the comments to move and size with their relative cells. I also removed all the comments and I was still unable to insert a column. Does anyone have a solution Thank you >-----Original Message----- >I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message th...

Getting 'unspecified error' sending email with embedded image?
I'm using an email newsletter template in Word, and including image files. I cut and paste the final word version into Outlook, and send. When I format the images to appear in front of the text, and try to send as an email, I get a message 'unspecified error' and the email won't send. If I format the images behind the text, the email can be sent, but the images do not appear in the received email. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Judy ...

CRM 1.2 Installation Error 800700B7 unable to Configure Web Services
Hi, I have followed the steps and pre-requisites in the Installation guide, however, every time I have tried to install the productl, I get a message stating "Setup was unable to install CRM Server. Setup was unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET. Cannot create a file when that file already exists (800700B7). Can somebody please help me with this? I am unable to use the product because of this error, as the installation does not complete all of the necessary steps. Thank you in advance. CM not sure if you are using windows 2000 server or not, but I had a sim...

unable to open password protected PST file...
I have password protected a private PST file. When I open Outlook 2002 and click on the PST file - it asks for my password. If I just click cancel there - I see no way to open that file again unless I quit Outlook and come back in. When I click on the PST file, I would have thought it would have asked for the password again, but it gives a different error and no where can you specify the password... Any ideas? Thanks, Brad Can you clarify why you are clicking on Cancel the first time Outlook prompts for your password? Normally, one would just enter the pw at the prompt and your'...

Question about OleSetClipboard return CO_E_NOTINITIALIZED error!
When I using Clipboard function, for example below codes, SetClipboard() always is failed.I track into it and find OleSetClipboard return CO_E_NOTINITIALIZED. I depend on its tip and add Coinitialize() in. but It strill is wrong. who can help me? COleDataSource* pOds = new COleDataSource(); if (pOds == NULL) return FALSE; pOds->CacheGlobalData(nFormat,hMem); pOds->SetClipboard(); Michael F wrote: > When I using Clipboard function, for example below codes, > SetClipboard() always is failed.I track into it and find > OleSetClipboard return...

I did install Genuine Advantage ActiveX control. But why could not find it in my IE Add-ons List?
Several days ago, I downloaded Windows Mobile Device Center from Micorosft web site for my Windows 7. As it needed Windows Genuine Verification, I installed the Genuine Advantage ActiveX control for my IE8. But now, I can not find this activeX control in my IE Add-ons List( IE -> Tools -> Manage Add-ons options of Internet Explorer ). Anyone could tell me why and where? Thanks in advance. It installed and it is not removable in any shape or form. Once done (Genuine Advantage ActiveX) it is done :-) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of oth...

Incompatible version Money 2004 error when opening with Money 2005
I installed Money 2005, download the update, then try to use my existing money 2004 file. I have also make my money 2004 repaired. And success with no error in data structure. But the money 2004 still failed to open with 2005. It said incompatible version with Money 2005. Why? I also have tried using salvage as suggested by microsoft help support, but still failed to open with money 2005. Can somebody help my problem? Thank you. You must stay within region when upgrading UK > UK and US > US is OK but you can't do UK > US. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1 -- Re...

HQ CLient Error #2
I have got a runtime error 6 overflow whenever i go into HQ Client configuration, I have uninstalled RMS restarted my PC and then reinstalled RMS and i still get this error this is RMS version 2.0. Please can some one help as i am really struggling with this!!! I have looked and the only runtime 6 post i can find is to do with transfers having a large number but there is nothing i can see in HQ Client that is too long and cannot get into configuration. ...

There was an error reading the rules from the server.
I received the following error when opening Outlook 2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the server. The format of the server rules was not recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it before? How should I take out any server-side rules from Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before. Thanks! There are a couple of tool...

Error using MOP/POP link
GP v8.0 When attempting to create a purchase order using the MOP/POP link feature, users are occasionally getting a message saying "This transaction is being edited by another user". 1. The user hits "Create PO" from the MOP/POP link screen. 2. The PO Entry screen comes up with a new PO#. 3. User gets message saying "transaction is being edited by another user" You then cannot do anything with the PO, and if you repeat the result is the same. Any ideas? ...

Error message during setup
I bought Microsoft Office Pro 2007. I have the installation disk and product key, but halfway through the installation process it stops and says missing "ProPlusr.WW\Office64WW.msi." I can't find anything on the support site. Any ideas? please reply to bshelson@sympatico.ca Thank you, Bill Did you have a Trial version of Office 2007 Pro Plus installed before. Pro Plus is a VL version. The fact that the installation is looking for the Pro Plus suggests that you had that installed at one time. Your best bet is to uninstall all Office including the Activation Assist...

error MIDL2025 : syntax error : expecting { near ","
I get the following error when i try to inherit a interface in a IDL file, error MIDL2025 : syntax error : expecting { near "," inside the IDL file i am trying to use a interface like this, interface IVehicle : ICar, IUnknown { }; Any idea why this error is coming? Thanks ...

looking for a script to make a Distribution List from a text file
Does anyone have a script for making a new Distribution List from a text file, or CSV file? I created larger dist lists by using adduser. Then, once the group is created, I mail enable it. "BwiseIT" wrote: > Does anyone have a script for making a new Distribution List from a text > file, or CSV file? > > > ...

MSEXCIMC.exe error
Help Microsoft Exchange Internet mail service has stopped and wont restart get this msg MSEXCIMC.exe exception Access Violation (Oxc0000005) address Ox00457d99 MS Exchange 5.5 with sp4 from dr watson log pplication exception occurred: App: exe\MSEXCIMC.dbg (pid=591) When: 5/18/2004 @ 11:18:25.153 Exception number: c0000005 (access violation) Any ideas suggestions by email please Thanks Mark It could be a corrupt header, see the article below: 301690 XIMS: Corrupted Message Header Causes Access Violation in Msexcimc.exe http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301690 Than...

Error message regarding updating american express data
When updating my accounts online I receive a message indicating there was an error downloading from american express. It indicates the account may be closed or the number may have changed. Neither is the case, and the update completes and downloads the data from american express correctly. Any suggestions on eliminating the message? AMEX has been having problems for the last two days and I can't even sign on to the AMEX website this morning to THAT get that message today. It appears to be an AMEX problem based on the message on their website yesterday. -- PlsHelpMScan't ...