Selective enabling of add ons

It would be nice if IE would allow me to enable add-ons for certain web
pages.  For example, I need flash installed to access my Bank.  But I get
annoyed by all the flash-based ads on other websites.  I would like to enable
flash for my Bank & youtube only.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=18094b05-3506-4d13-b7ea-389b68cde577&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

Method 1.

Tools>Manage Addons, Select "Downloaded controls" from the Show dropdown,

Select your Shockwave Flash object.

Double-click it to show the properties dialog.

'Remove all sites' will remove the add-on from all websites. 'Allow on all
sites' will allow the control to run on all websites.

Method 2.

Turn on IE8's Inprivate Filtering and use the "Choose content to block" to
manage third-party content on the pages you visit. Most Flash animations are
hosted by third-parties. You can block the content streamed by them.

Why is a secure Bank site placing Flash on their secure pages?

Problem: There are 3 versions of 'Flash' floating about (3 separate
CLSID's), some XP machines may come with an old version pre-installed. This
version does not show in the IE Addons Manager.

Regards.

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It would be nice if IE would allow me to enable add-ons for certain web
> pages.  For example, I need flash installed to access my Bank.  But I get
> annoyed by all the flash-based ads on other websites.  I would like to
> enable
> flash for my Bank & youtube only.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=18094b05-3506-4d13-b7ea-389b68cde577&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

0
rob
1/4/2010 9:16:31 PM
"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It would be nice if IE would allow me to enable add-ons for certain web
> pages.  For example, I need flash installed to access my Bank.  But I get
> annoyed by all the flash-based ads on other websites.  I would like to
> enable
> flash for my Bank & youtube only.

IE7Pro works on IE8 also.
You can block anything you want on any sites you visit.
Ads, Flash, etc......
http://www.ie7pro.com/

--
Hëlröy
=====

0
Helroy

Parameter or if Null select all?
I am trying to make a report that asks for a Branch Name. If the user does not enter a branch name, I then want it to default to showing all branches. How do I go about doing this? I think you want your criteria looking like this; Like Nz([Enter Branch Name], "*") this way it will return * if left blank, resulting in all branches. That NZ function simply means to use the 2nd option if the first is null. I would create a form with a combo box (cboBranchName) for users to select the Branch Name. Then use the command button wizard to create a button that opens your report. ...

enable small user to have "out of office" capability
I am a small office user and I really like Outlook. One capability that Outlook student edition lacks is the "out of office" capability that I had in the Corporate world. It would be greatly appreciated if this feature could be included in Outlook for small users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

selecting text
I need to select only the cells with text colunm N with text in them -- 25jum ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 25jump's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3128 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51082 Select column N Edit>Go to>Special, click Constants and check only Text (under Formulas) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "25jump" <25jump.22zhcm_1139524801.0779@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:25jump.22zhcm_1139524801.0779@excelforum-nospam.com.....

how to add controls to a group control in mfc?
Hii .. I have a really simple question, Im trying to add some controls (e.g edit boxes and radio buttons) to a group box in MFC in visual studio 2003. What I want is that in the Dialog editor when I move the group box with my mouse, all the controls inside the group box move along with it too. Also I want to enable / disable all the controls inside the group box on the fly by just enabling/disabling the groupbox Is it possible to do that? Thanks Arfeen arfeengodil@gmail.com wrote: > Hii .. > > I have a really simple question, Im trying to add some controls (e.g > edit boxes an...

Automatic select of account, by select a contactperson
We are using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.x.x since a few months. A few months ago we've upgraded from version 3.x tot 4.x. Everything was working perfect (with version 3.x), but te upgrade has made some problems. Most of this problems are solved by Microsoft Support, by using an 'Service Request', but we have yet more problems. I try to describe one problem with CRM correctly. When we open a new case, we can select an contact person. By selecting a person, the business ('account') of this person was automatically filled in. Only since the upgrade to CRM 4.x, this funct...

selecting dates in a date range
I have 2 columns in a table: HeadlineStartDate date not null, HeadlineEndDate date not null I need to do 3 things: 1. select all rows where the current date falls between HeadlineStartDate and HeadlineEndDate, 2. Select all rows where the current date is earlier than HeadlineStartDate and 3. Select all rows where the current date is later than HeadlineEndDate. How do you do this? they need to be all in different queries. Andy declare @dt as date=getdate() 1) select * from tbl where HeadlineStartDate >= @dt and HeadlineEndDate<dateadd(d,1,@dt) 2) se...

Problem with ExportAsFixedFormat with selected sheets
I have the routine below in a number of workbooks. Typically it works without a problem. I have a sheet with sheet names that I select and it exports the sheets to a PDF. For some reason sometimes it only produces a PDF with the first sheet in it instead of all sheetnames that were selected. I have made sure the sheetname array has more than one value and have also made sure (by exiting before the export) that it is selecting the correct sheets in a group. Both of those work fine. I have also made sure that there was not a problem with the SortableDateString fuction. If I manually select th...

Why do my pie charts have labels which say "add text"?
Using Excel 2007 and my template comes up with this add text label for multiple labels on the pie chart. Even when I save a new template it still happens. Why? ...

a problem when two users add data in the same form simultaneously
I have DB(Access 97) where multi- user work in a network.Today, I encountered this problem.Two users were in it and do edition and adding a new data on the sameform at the same time.User 1 was adding data on the form (just say form A) and user 2 wasadding data as well on the same form(A) at the same time.The problem is that user 2 could see data entered by user 1 on thatform(A) at that moment.As I know, access handles problems like this by itself. Ex) provide awarning...Or something I have to check VB code?My question?Are there Adding conflicts in ACCESS 97 (windows XP) between multi-user in a...

Conditional Formatting and selection
I have one column that has both name/address(in one row) and telephone numbers(in another row). I'd like to move the name/address info into it's own column. I've been able to do a conditional format to change the text info to a new color but I can't seem to mass select that info so I can move it all at once. Any ideas would be appreciated. if either the names or the telepphe numbers are all in even rows insert a helper column and enter =mod(row(),2) and copy down to the end of the data use autofilter on this column and select 0 select all and paste somewhere change the aut...

Determine currently selected control
Hi, Is there a way to determine the name of the currently selected control? Thanks! Gaetan, Check out ActiveControl Property in Help. The name of the current control that has the focus would be... = Screen.ActiveControl.Name -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." "Gaetan" <Gaetan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:182E34C6-4BC4-4948-9684-2921D3F3839A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is t...

Select which file to use in Integration Manager
I would like to be able to select the file that is to be imported with Integration Manager at the time the integration is run. Is that possible? Or can it only be set up for one file. Thanks for any help. Bob You can use vbscript to prompt you for the file name. You could use IM to use the standard Graphical UI to open file etc but that can get complicated... HS "Bob Harrison" <bobh@tds.net> wrote in message news:1139499714.660048.85750@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I would like to be able to select the file that is to be imported with > Integration Manager at th...

find&select button,help please?
Hi everybody, i'm using excel 2007,when i press the find&select button it dosen't sow me the cell i'm looking for,it has been disabled,although when i look the rows one by one i can find it,how can i able the find&select. i'd appreciate if u'd let me know,cuz i'm in trouble here ...

Auto selecting alternate rows
Hi, Does anyone have a method for doing the following ? - Using Excel I import external data from a text document. The import works great but the way the text document is formatted causes Excel to place the data on every second row of the sheet. I can manually delete all the empty rows but at 500 lines or so its a lot of work. Can Excel be made to select every second row ( say rows 1,3,5,7,... ) so that I can then just use the delete command ? thanks, Colin Select any column (The whole column, or just the range you are interested in) and do Edit / Go To Special / Blanks -- Regards ...

Matching an image file to a drop down box selection
Is there a method to display an image file in a cell (or cell range) conditional on the selection from a drop down box? For instance, to select a colour from the list, and have the colour displayed in the column adjacent (as in colour swatches from a paint store, or to select a car model, and to have an image of it displayed adjacent to the selection). Thanks, Ed JE McGimpsey shows a way at: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html Ed Crawford wrote: > > Is there a method to display an image file in a cell (or cell range) > conditional on the selection from a drop d...

Excel not unhighlighting selection
I am experiencing an issue with 2 PC's that are having the same issue. When the user goes to select cells, Excel doesn't release the selection box and the user is unable to 'release' the selection box, no matter what they do. Even killing Excel and reopening didn't stop the matter. The users have to restart the PC in order to get it to work and even then, it comes back. This is happening in Excel 2000 & 2003. The keyboard is not on any KVM and does work fine in other applications. Replacing the keyboard didn't help. Any thoughts? Thanks! Hi see: http://www.mv...

How to add new node with value?
I want to create new node, and then save it to file. I can add empty node with attributes, but I don't know how set new value for the node: String *strMake = this->txtMake->Text; String *strModel = this->txtModel->Text; XmlDocument* XmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); try { // Get the XML file and load it in the XmlDocument variable XmlDoc->Load(S"c:\\cars.xml"); // Create the new element XmlElement *Elm = XmlDoc->CreateElement(S"car"); // Create its attributes Elm->SetAttribute(S"Make", strMake); El...

HELP need index of the actual selected point
Hi, I need help. I must get the index of a the currently selectd point in the chart. I can't use the Mouseup event. It will be better to determinate the x and y value from the actual selected point but the index will also be good. Please help! thx Jens You need to use an old-style XLM command for this, as Stephen Bullen pointed out in his post 14-Jan-2001: Sub WhichPoint() Dim sPoint As String Dim iSeries As Integer, iPoint As Integer sPoint = ExecuteExcel4Macro("SELECTION()") If sPoint Like "S*P*" Then iSeries = Val(Mid$(sPoint, 2...

Cannot Add New User as well as Update Rollup 6 failed
Hi, Recently I found out that my production CRM got the above problem. (1) When I try to add New user, the user information will populate from AD; but error appear upon saving. The error is the general message such as "...contact admintrator ....". There is no error log. I have restarted the server but problem still exists. Also, I tried to add "Multiple User" from the CRM, but failed. No problem if I disabled any user. Everything looks fine except add new user. (2) When I try to update the rollup 6, the window keep on staying at "Please wait...." Nothing...

Free books on Charting, Basics, Data Management, Functions; Free Add-In "Excel Usability Enhancer"
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" Vijay Gupta ...

how to add an outlook email to a text box in an access form?
Hi, I searched everywhere for a similar issue but in vain... I have a form used to enter computer issues. I would like to add to it a text box that will store emails. It could be a button that opens a link to the email. I hope this is clear. thanks. Ismail -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200803/1 ...

Selecting evenly spaced cells
Hello, I have data set up such that I need to sum the value of a certain cell and all its offsets i.e. I have data in B2, B12, B22, B32, B42 and I want to sum up only these values, however I don't want to explicitly state each cell. For my other summation I want to sum up B3, B13, B23, B33, B43 and etc. What would this group suggest be the most elegant way in doing so Let me try to further explain My worksheet has this sort of setup Summary A's - Summed Up Value B's - Summed Up Value C's - Summed Up Value Issue 1 A - 5 B - 4 C - 2 Issue 2 A - 10 B - 5 C - 9 Issue 3 A...

User to select a range for deletion
I would like in to include in a VBA macro to stop after it's last command and allow a user to select a un pretermined range for deletion and for the macro to delete that range and either to restart the macro to continue with it's next command or alternatively to stop. -- hopalong Do you want to shift the remaining cells up or to the left?? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "jimbo" wrote: > I would like in to include in a VBA macro to stop after it's last command and > allow a user to select a un pretermined range for deletion and for th...

Select Query
Hi All, I have two tables and created a select query from that. Table 1: ID(primary) Name (could be repeated) Hobby Table2: ID Name (primary) PhoneNumber Email I combined the two tables so that If I enter a name that exist in table two, phone number and email automatically fill in( that works just fine). But If I enter a new name, and try to fill in the phone number and email from the query, it doesn't do anything. Can this be done? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for you help. On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 18:00:53 -0700, "Paul" <yournumberplease@sbcglobal....

How to grant permission to someone to add/remove folder in Outlook
Hi, I was asked how to add someone to a list so that the person would add/remove folder from a public folder list. I was told it had been done in outlook but I cannot find anything resemble to security/permission which allow to me to add either a user name or in a group such as user or administrator to check boxes for permission. Anyone would point me to the direction to start off ? Many thanks Smiley The administrator can set it through ESM or the owner of the folder can do it through Outlook. See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlo...