Problem with secondary home pages GPO

I am trying to set and LOCK the users homepage and secondary home page, So
when you launch IE it opens 2 tabs, and users can not change them.
Seems like there are 3 places in GPO to set the homepage,  but only one of
them locks them So I have set \windows components\internet explorer\disable
changing home page settings to be the home page I want, that works and lock
the setting for the 1 home page.  Then I also set the  "disable changing
secondary home page setting" to the 2nd tab I wanted, and this does not work
whe I START IE, but it does work if I'm in IE and hit the home Button.   I'm
thinking it is a Bug but maybe I'm doing something wrong..

thanks.

Problem terminating plink under Windows
Hello, I am using plink to establish an SSH session with a host. I have developed some Windows code to manage the plink session. I am using CreateProcess to start plink and various read/write commands to communicate with plink. I've tried to terminate plink with the commands to send a Control C or Control Break to a session. That hasn't worked. I've found an obscure note on another program that states the problem may be that the progam (plink) does not have a console. At the moment I've resorted to calling TerminateProcess to end plink. The documentation states Termin...

Problem with Excel add-in and .NET
I have developed an Excel add-in for a customer. The add-in enables users to retrieve data from a database by using WorkSheet functions defined in the xla file. The xla file has references to a .NET component (.dll). To be be able to use the component from Excel I have used regasm.exe to create a type library (tlb file) The User writes in a cell =Quote('31/12/2009';'MSFT') and Microsofts stock quote shows up. These functions are heavily used in a excel workbook. Since the spreadsheet is big and there's a lot of data to retrieve, it takes about 20 seconds to op...

Auto insert worksheets for multiple page imports
I have an Access database that has a query run to create a separate page with different Vendor Account number and related billing account information for each. The vendor requires this in Excel format but a separate worksheet for each billing account. Ex. ABC company has 10 billing accounts with information. They want 10 different worksheets with the specific information on each. I know how to export to Excel but it won't create sep. worksheets for each page created. Can this be done? Here's my recommendation: Download the entire file from access to one excel file and sheet n...

CRM 3.0 Install Problems
We're trying to upgrade a dev instance of CRM 1.2 to 3.0. It gets partway through the installation before it fails, giving this error message: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. Execution of a full-text operation failed. The parameter is incorrect. Looking at the log, it looks like this is where it fails: 15:00:38| Info| Disable full-text indexing 15:00:44| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Execution of a full-text operation failed....

Performance problem in Vista Windows explorer if /SWAPRUN:NET is set on an executable.
I have rather big executables (about 25-35 MB). Because I want my users to easily execute my application, I don't want them to install a bunch of DLL's, just xcopy-install is OK for me (and my customers). Because my software is often run from a network drive, and my customers' networks are not always reliable, I link my executables using the /SWAPRUN:NET option. This guarantees that the whole EXE is loaded in memory before the application starts, and prevents crashes if the network connection is dropped while my application is running. This worked fine so far, BUT ... under...

Continuous Pages
I created a simple report that has a Report Header, Detail and Report Footer section. My report should only be 1 page but it goes on continuously to no end. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? The page is formatted on a 8.5 x 11 page landscaped. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. In the report properties change from continuous to page report and set ForceNewPage (right click on the body of the report) to after section. "BBAL20" wrote: > I created a simple report that has a Report Header, Detail and Report Footer > section. My report should o...

Date Problems
Dear Microsoft: Since we all know that the cost of a 1st class stamp is going to go up, I thought I would plot the cost over time. http://www.nonprofitmailers.org/tools/ratehist.htm 1. I formatted a column as DATE, but the 3 dates prior to 1900 that I entered as x-x-xxxx were not recognized by Excel as dates. (??!!???!). When I reentered them as x/x/xxxx Excel recogized July 1, 1885, but not the other 2. (Huh?) 2. So then I charted the dates and the costs as a line chart, the costs are displayed ok. The dates are displayed on the x-axis, but the dates are equidistant. That's...

big problem *(no save ...
.... i don't know where else to tern. my vista wun't save files when i delete a file then restart it cums bck. been a it ovah 2 months.hlp pls. -- sid .... i don't fuckin' care -- sid ...

control mailbox limits with GPO
Is there a way to set mailbox size limits using GPO. I have a group of graphic artists that I need to clamp down on :-) Thanks! Stan What version of Exchange are you using? If you are using Exchange 2k or 2k3, then I would recommend that your create a new mailbox store within your existing storage group. Move the specific users from your current mailbox store to the new store. Put the limits on the new mailbox store. I believe that you can have up to 4 Storage Groups with 5 Mailbox Stores per group (or vice versa). Either way, that would be your best option. I do not know of a way ...

Problems with Excel and User Capabilities
When I try to set up user accounts with access to only certain programs I run into a problem. We have installed MS Office v.X and I allow the applications Word, Powerpoint, and Excel to run. Word and Powerpoint run fine, but I get an error when starting Excel. When I start Excel up a window pops up saying "A unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Mircosoft Framework X library." I can hit OK and it returns to the program where everything seems to function normally. Has anyone else encountered this or have any advice? In article <#YTu5dWcDHA.2416@TK2MSFTNGP10....

Spending by Category Report on Home Page
I have Customized my Spending by Category Report to not include Taxes and some other stuff (under the Reports tab). However, I also have the Spending by Category report show up on my Home Page. This report does not include the customizations I made under Reports, so it shows ALL categories. Anyone know how to make the Home Page report be the same as the other one? Thanks! Hi, The report on the home page is not customizeable. I believe this is rather meant to give you a general overview of your spending. Infact if you watch closely at regular intervals the all the homepage charts ...

front page 06-07-10
I have lost my include files and now have no headers or includes. What can I do? Gaye How did you lose them? "gaye" <gaye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8BAE1F7-6A80-46D2-8593-EE60E5D3236F@microsoft.com... :I have lost my include files and now have no headers or includes. What can I : do? : Gaye Have you previously published the website to a server on the internet? If so, get the files from the server. Open the remote site in FrontPage and publish back to your PC - but do not do this if the includes are missing on the remote site. -- ...

When I insert new pages the fonts on the existing pages change
I have a 28 page document that I am trying to insert new pages into. When I insert the new pages, Publisher changes the font on all the existing pages - quite a mess. How can I avoid this?? On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:39:03 +0000, Jim wrote (in article <A9F6706D-208F-4FB4-BECD-70077760824A@microsoft.com>): > I have a 28 page document that I am trying to insert new pages into. When I > insert the new pages, Publisher changes the font on all the existing pages - > quite a mess. How can I avoid this?? Unlink the boxes. If the boxes are linked then the font will change globall...

Outlook 2002 shutdown problems
I am running Microsoft Outlook 2002 with sp2 and I noticed that at times as many as 10 copies of Outlook are running simultaneously. To show this I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and look under the Processes tab in the Task Manager. I also have trouble receiving email from my ISP. It resonds many times with the server disconnected. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Outlook Express Spell Check problems
I have installed the following configuration WINDOWS XP home ed Outlook Express Office 9 Spell check in outlook returns with: Error has occured .. What's wrong?? ...

Problems with Money 2005 file in two different computers
I upgraded to Money 2005 from 2004 (have been doing this since Money 97 without a problem), installed Money 2005 on my notebook, updated it to be compatible with the one on my desktop... BUT now when I try to open my money file on the notebook I get this message: "The place you are trying to reach only functions in the Business version of Money, and can't be used in the version you are using now. If you want to use this place you will have to upgrade to Microsoft Money Small Business." What place???? I don't want to go any place!!! All I want to do is use my money file (it ...

Problems with hyperlinks in outlook and vista
My hyperlinks in my emails were working fine until yesterday when I decided to give Google Chrome a try. I didn't like it so I went through the correct process of deleting it. After deleting it, when I try to click on a hyperlink to go to a website or even within other Office programs and my Vista links to go online, I get an error message that says "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator." Well, I am the administrator on this computer. I did a restore and it still did not fix it. Someone please ...

Problems when person reply to my emails
When persons reply to my emails they are not delivered. The persons get an undelivery message Wayne What type of e-mail account is it? If it's pop3 then in Outlook make sure that in the account settings the e-mail address supplied there is correct. The e-mail supplied in that box could be anything, as long as it's valid, and this is the address the person will see and also reply to. If there is a spelling mistake in that then it won't be delivered Hope that makes some sense. Let us know how you get on Regards Ash. Hi - not enough info to go on. What kind of mail account? What...

exchange server 2003 instalation problem(setup stop at config for registry of Miscellaneous Atom).
Hello: I've tried to install exchange server 2003 on my computer(operating system is that windows 2003 evaluation verson, installing on NTFS file system, other disks is FAT32.), but when it config for registry of Miscellaneous Atom, it stop there waiting, and do nothing again. How can I resolve this problem? The following is the log file' content for exchange server 2003 evaluation verson: ....... [02:26:28] Configuring registry entries for Services Atom [02:26:28] Entering CRegistryManager::ScProcessFile [02:26:28] ++++ Starting interpreter on file d:\exchange 2003\e3eevaeng\setup...

Problems getting access to my emails
I am having trouble getting into my eamils, when I go to open or delete an email a meesage bar appears telling me that for my protection you sometimes ask to sign in again, when I click the link a message appears saying that the webpage you are trying to view is trying to close the window, wether I click yes or no nothing happens and I am still unable to access my emails. You need to ask your question at www.windowslivehelp.com . The group is for Windows Live Mail questions. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Michael Smith" <Michael Smith@discussions.micros...

Very strange problem with delayed delivery
This is very strange. I'm not sure exactly when this started but, I don't get emails at my computer unless I click on the Outlook Today icon - that's if someone has sent me an email. So in other words, if I want to know if I have email, I click on Outlook Today. I setup a PC next to mine and I get the email notification sound immediately on that machine, when I have an email come in. I set the Exchanger Server properties the same on both boxes. My PC is running XP with Office 2k. All the latest updates SPs. The only difference with the box that functions correctly is it's W...

Cost basis problem
I am having a weird problem in Money. In my portfolio view, there is one mutual fund that shows a 0 cost basis if I display the data by investment type, but shows the correct cost basis if I display by account name. What's the story there? Any idea how I might fix this fun little problem? ...

Customizing the Home Page Activity View
Does anybody know how to customize the Activity view that is on the CRM home page? We would like to add a field to that view but I can't find out where to do it within system customization. Thanks, Shane Hello Activity views are one thing you cannot customize in CRM. Hopefully we will see customizations available in this area in the next releasse. Also check out www.c360.com who produce a number of additional solutions which may help you "yensid" <mthompson@meyners.com> wrote in message news:fdc09ccd.0308080901.3516a813@posting.google.com... > Does anybody know ...

Excel hyperlink folder problem
I have Excel 2002 and I am having a hyperlinking problem. I have set up Excel so that when I click on the "client name" in a cell, the hyperlink opens the folder that contains all of the documents associated with that client. The folders for the individual clients are located several folders down on our business server. When I created the hyperlink and tested it originally, I found the correct folder in Explorer and cut and pasted it into the Excel Hyperlink tool. I then tested it and found out that it worked correctly. When I came back the next day and began to try to use the f...

Mailing list digest problem with Outlook 2003
With Outlook XP, mailing list daily digests that came into my mailbox were a long text mail containing all the messages posted to the list for that day. After upgrading from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003, instead of getting a long text message containing all the separate postings to the mailing list, each posting is an attachment to the message and has to be opened separately, which is most inconvenient. How can I change the behaviour back to the way it was previously? I''ve poked around in the various options and can't find anything relevant. It's definitely Outlook 2003 causing...