print web page IE8 with W7 HP

I do not know why but all of a sudden I cannot print anymore web pages. All I
get is a blank page. I had a chat session with Microsoft US, they tried to
find the problem but failed. Any help? Remember all worked fine in the
beginning. Could a new defrag software which I recently installed cause the
problem?
Regards, FALKO

Hi FALKO,

Not knowing the name of the 'defrag software' is of no help in answering
your question.

We would also need to know which Windows version, service pack level and IE
version you are using.

Yes. EVERYTHING works fine in the beginning, and yes some other software
that you have since installed could cause a problem.

Regards.

"Falko" <Falko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I do not know why but all of a sudden I cannot print anymore web pages.
> All I
> get is a blank page. I had a chat session with Microsoft US, they tried to
> find the problem but failed. Any help? Remember all worked fine in the
> beginning. Could a new defrag software which I recently installed cause
> the
> problem?
> Regards, FALKO

0
rob
2/1/2010 12:11:32 PM
When I try to print from Internet Explorer nothing prints and the Print
Preview page is blank
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/60fa191c-f687-4fdb-878f-2d9aff771acb

Falko wrote:
> I do not know why but all of a sudden I cannot print anymore web pages.
> All
> I get is a blank page. I had a chat session with Microsoft US, they tried
> find the problem but failed. Any help? Remember all worked fine in the
> beginning. Could a new defrag software which I recently installed cause
> the
> problem?

0
PA
2/2/2010 1:41:29 AM
Hello PA Bear, I think I found the problem why I cannot print a web page. It
is not the defrag software or IE8 but the disk clean-up in W7. Everytime I
run disk clean-up I cannot print thereafter a web page, unless I instal the
AppData\Local\Temp\low folder again. This is very frustrating, especially
when you run disk clean-up once a week. Is there no other solution to this
problem? Has Microsoft an update which corrects this failure? Regards, FALKO

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> When I try to print from Internet Explorer nothing prints and the Print
> Preview page is blank
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/60fa191c-f687-4fdb-878f-2d9aff771acb
>

> Falko wrote:
> > I do not know why but all of a sudden I cannot print anymore web pages.
> > All
> > I get is a blank page. I had a chat session with Microsoft US, they tried
> > find the problem but failed. Any help? Remember all worked fine in the
> > beginning. Could a new defrag software which I recently installed cause
> > the
> > problem?
>
> .

Hello Rob, please see my question to PA Bear. I think the problem is not the
defreg sw but the W7 disk clean-up system which deletes everytime my temp
folder and I have to instal over and over again the AppData\Local\Temp\low
folder. Very frustrating. Maybe  PA Bear has a solution or microsoft? Thanks
for your reaction anyway, FALKO

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi FALKO,
>
> Not knowing the name of the 'defrag software' is of no help in answering
> your question.
>
> We would also need to know which Windows version, service pack level and IE
> version you are using.
>
> Yes. EVERYTHING works fine in the beginning, and yes some other software
> that you have since installed could cause a problem.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Falko" <Falko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I do not know why but all of a sudden I cannot print anymore web pages.
> > All I
> > get is a blank page. I had a chat session with Microsoft US, they tried to
> > find the problem but failed. Any help? Remember all worked fine in the
> > beginning. Could a new defrag software which I recently installed cause
> > the
> > problem?
> > Regards, FALKO

Pages may not be print and the print preview may be blank when printing from
IE7 or IE8 in Vista or Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973479

You cannot print or print preview Web pages in Internet Explorer 8
[APPLIES TO: Vista; Windows 7; Windows Server 2008]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2000843

Issue
========
When printing in IE7 [or IE8] on Vista...[or Win7 or Windows Server 2008]
with UAC enabled, the following error message is received:

   "Cannot find 'file:///c:/TEMP-S~1/Low/SXFJLS4I.htm'. Make sure the path
or Internet address is correct."

Cause
========
When UAC is enabled, IE7 is running under Protected Mode and can only write
to low integrity objects. The Temp\Low folder has incorrect integrity level
setting.

Resolution
========
Run the following command to set low integrity level on the Low folder:

   icacls  C:\Temp\Low  /setintegritylevel  (OI)(CI)low

[Source: Microsoft Online Partner Support]
--
~PA Bear

Falko wrote:
> Hello PA Bear, I think I found the problem why I cannot print a web page.
> It
> is not the defrag software or IE8 but the disk clean-up in W7. Everytime I
> run disk clean-up I cannot print thereafter a web page, unless I instal
> the
> AppData\Local\Temp\low folder again. This is very frustrating, especially
> when you run disk clean-up once a week. Is there no other solution to this
> problem? Has Microsoft an update which corrects this failure? Regards,
> FALKO
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> When I try to print from Internet Explorer nothing prints and the Print
>> Preview page is blank
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/60fa191c-f687-4fdb-878f-2d9aff771acb
>>

>> Falko wrote:
>>> I do not know why but all of a sudden I cannot print anymore web pages.
>>> All
>>> I get is a blank page. I had a chat session with Microsoft US, they
>>> tried
>>> find the problem but failed. Any help? Remember all worked fine in the
>>> beginning. Could a new defrag software which I recently installed cause
>>> the
>>> problem?
>>
>> .

0
PA
2/17/2010 6:21:54 PM
Hello PA Bear,

thanks for advice. If I cannot get it fixed, I might not enable UAC.
Regards, FALKO

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Pages may not be print and the print preview may be blank when printing from
> IE7 or IE8 in Vista or Windows 7
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973479
>
> You cannot print or print preview Web pages in Internet Explorer 8
> [APPLIES TO: Vista; Windows 7; Windows Server 2008]
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2000843

> Issue
> ========
> When printing in IE7 [or IE8] on Vista...[or Win7 or Windows Server 2008]
> with UAC enabled, the following error message is received:
>
>    "Cannot find 'file:///c:/TEMP-S~1/Low/SXFJLS4I.htm'. Make sure the path
> or Internet address is correct."
>
> Cause
> ========
> When UAC is enabled, IE7 is running under Protected Mode and can only write
> to low integrity objects. The Temp\Low folder has incorrect integrity level
> setting.
>
> Resolution
> ========
> Run the following command to set low integrity level on the Low folder:
>
>    icacls  C:\Temp\Low  /setintegritylevel  (OI)(CI)low
>
> [Source: Microsoft Online Partner Support]
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> Falko wrote:
> > Hello PA Bear, I think I found the problem why I cannot print a web page.
> > It
> > is not the defrag software or IE8 but the disk clean-up in W7. Everytime I
> > run disk clean-up I cannot print thereafter a web page, unless I instal
> > the
> > AppData\Local\Temp\low folder again. This is very frustrating, especially
> > when you run disk clean-up once a week. Is there no other solution to this
> > problem? Has Microsoft an update which corrects this failure? Regards,
> > FALKO
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> When I try to print from Internet Explorer nothing prints and the Print
> >> Preview page is blank
> >> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/60fa191c-f687-4fdb-878f-2d9aff771acb

> >> .
>
> .

You should get it fixed and you should never have to disable UAC.

Falko wrote:
> Hello PA Bear,
>
> thanks for advice. If I cannot get it fixed, I might not enable UAC.
> Regards, FALKO
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Pages may not be print and the print preview may be blank when printing
>> from IE7 or IE8 in Vista or Windows 7
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973479
>>
>> You cannot print or print preview Web pages in Internet Explorer 8
>> [APPLIES TO: Vista; Windows 7; Windows Server 2008]
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2000843

>> Issue
>> ========
>> When printing in IE7 [or IE8] on Vista...[or Win7 or Windows Server 2008]
>> with UAC enabled, the following error message is received:
>>
>>    "Cannot find 'file:///c:/TEMP-S~1/Low/SXFJLS4I.htm'. Make sure the
>> path
>> or Internet address is correct."
>>
>> Cause
>> ========
>> When UAC is enabled, IE7 is running under Protected Mode and can only
>> write
>> to low integrity objects. The Temp\Low folder has incorrect integrity
>> level
>> setting.
>>
>> Resolution
>> ========
>> Run the following command to set low integrity level on the Low folder:
>>
>>    icacls  C:\Temp\Low  /setintegritylevel  (OI)(CI)low
>>
>> [Source: Microsoft Online Partner Support]
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>

>> Falko wrote:
>>> Hello PA Bear, I think I found the problem why I cannot print a web
>>> page.
>>> It
>>> is not the defrag software or IE8 but the disk clean-up in W7. Everytime
>>> run disk clean-up I cannot print thereafter a web page, unless I instal
>>> the
>>> AppData\Local\Temp\low folder again. This is very frustrating,
>>> especially
>>> when you run disk clean-up once a week. Is there no other solution to
>>> this
>>> problem? Has Microsoft an update which corrects this failure? Regards,
>>> FALKO

>> .

0
PA

report new page for each alpha
I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might not break pages proper...

how do i print an A3 poster using 2 A4 sheets
When I select A3 portrait as the page size for a poster how do I get it to print on two A4 sheets. Publisher wants to print on 4 tiled sheets When tiling, Publisher will compute space for overlapping; when selecting your Page setup select Horizontal. Also, you'll need to either crop a bit or resize your poster a bit to have it fit on two A4 sheets. I have to thank you for giving me the nudge to look for and find a chart of paper sizes. http://www.dpandi.com/paper/index.html -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "TedM" <TedM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Is there a Web store integrator for RMS assembly type?
Is there an add-in out there that integrates the assembly type from RMS up to a website? we want our customers to be able to add or delete items from an assembled basket and still track that inventory live. Newwest's web integrator can only do matrix. Thanks PZ Try Retail Realm (732) 730-8239 "The Web Store basket supports US Card Processors as well as all items that are matrix, Kit or Assembly" -------------- "PZ" wrote: > Is there an add-in out there that integrates the assembly type from RMS up to > a website? we want our customers to be able to add...

Crazy printing ...
I'm using XP (SP2) and XP Office. This includes Publisher 2003. I'm using a Canon S200 printer. This was previously attached to another computer running Win98SE. There were no printing problems. I installed it to the XP system using the Canon CD. Now however it goes crazy when I use Publisher. I'm trying to print a booklet, two A5 pages on a single A4 sheet. Everything pans out in Print Preview. When I print however, all sorts of crazy things happen. It shrinks the text to nothing. It prints portrait instead of landscape. And more. Whatever I tell it to do, it ignores. As far a...

Clip Art won't print #2
My operating system is Windows Vista, I have an HP Photosmart 8450 printer and when using Publisher 2007, none of the clip art will print. Actually, no clip art will print in any of the Office 2007 programs, but Publisher is the one that I was using when I discovered this. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks. Are you using updated drivers? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Ms. CCC-SLP" <Ms. CCC-SLP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577191CD...

Page not found error when opening business portal
Hi We're trying to install Invoice Approvals and Accruals 8.0, sharepoint services sp2 and Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack to work with Great Plains 8.0 We can install Sharepoint services and Invoice Approvals and Accruals ok and they work fine However, when we install Business Portal and browse to http://servername/sites/businessportal/ We receive a "page not found" error screen We've tried several things but nothing seems to work Sharepoint services is installed in server farm mode and has been configured correctly (as far as I can tell) Any help would be great...

Page Setup #4
I set up a document for dimensions to be 8x11, save it and close it. The next day I open that same document and find that it has gone back to the default settings of 8.5x11? Would anyone know how I can avoid this risky behavior? -- Chips and Charlie Is your stock actually 8 inches? If it is you must setup your printer for 8 X 11 as well as your page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chips and Charlie" <ChipsandCharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E619DDBA-9FF3-4E26-8D3...

Load Last Page
I know you can "load first page" In CRM. Is there a way to Load LAST page instead of having to load each page? thank you The easiest way is changing the sort order (click on the appropriate column header). This then displays the "last" page. It's not exactly the same though. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "Bernardina" <dl@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6243B5ED-9377-49CD-8CB3-9E84F1BAE5FA@microsoft.com... >I ...

4 page publication onto a website
I am trying to put a 4 page publication on to the website so that it can be opened by people who don't have publisher. I managed to do it last month but for can't remember how I did it. When I convert it to a web page it only shows the first page of the publication. Last months issue, when I checked back is a mht.doc but I don't know how I converted the publisher document to this. Can anyone help please? How about converting the Publisher file to a PDF. This way more visitors will have the capability to view it. Many folks here recommend the free primopdf which can be ...

Saving one page -- as Template?
Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in future editions. Is there a method to save these pages for re-us? Or must I save the entire publication as a Template? Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file? Save the entire document and delete out the pages you don't want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16052168-6085-43D0-AD8B-2CF4839933FC@microsoft.com... > Therre are several pages in...

printing #2
i am trying to print a flyer that has a picture i created myself. what i did was make a square, put 4 separate lines on top of it, then put the same square (except made it somewhat transparent by way of the fill options) and put it on top of it to so it would be transparent enough to be able to see a hint of the lines underneath...however, when I print it, it does not print what i see...it prints a the full solid background as if it were not transparent. how can i print it with the transparent effect i want? >-----Original Message----- >Stephanie what version of Publisher are y...

Unable to Print Timesheets in BP
We recently installed BP, PDK and Great Plains. We are experiencing significant difficulty in printing the beautiful looking timesheet that displays when hitting the "Print" button in Business Portal. The timesheet data basically bleeds off of the right hand side of the page even on legal. Has anyone experienced the same issue? We are required to submit timesheets to our customers withour invoices. I wish these were formated with the weeks in two one week rows rather than one two week period all the way accross. And that it fit on letter sized paper! What we currently ...

ADAM Error with Web Service Installation
i need to install the Business Portal for GP 10.0 the web services is required. during the installation of the web services, i encountered an error " ADAM Error 128" what could cause this and how do i solve this? Any one help!!!!! Hi Taiwo Are the web services already installed? If they are it sounds like the issue may be that a different user account installed the web services (other then the one that is installing the BP) Fliehigh "Taiwo" wrote: > > i need to install the Business Portal for GP 10.0 > the web services is required. > during the insta...

how to have my titles move down as i scroll down the page
hi what i want to do is have the top line of the exel sheet move down the page and stay in veiw so i can easily see which field i am currently woorking on. can anyone tell me how to do this? yours david Click on the last row of heading (or row 1 if there is just one row) Use Windows Freeze best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DAVIDPEOVER" <DAVIDPEOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F17D28F-2A71-437B-BF81-AEEB9D880B15@microsoft.com... > hi what i want to do is have the top line of the exel sheet move...

CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services
Hi I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all. when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration on the same server. I am wonder w...

Save data before printing
Hello all, An acquiantence is programming in Excel 2003 and has a sheet where theuser enters receipt data. When he is done, he clicks a boton to copythe data from the sheet to another in tabular form withinthe same workbook. What he needs to do is to implement a lock so that the user can't print out the receipt until after he has clicked the boton. His button click event code is the following: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Copy data to BD2 sheet Sheets("BD2").Unprotect With Sheets("BD2").Range("A1000&qu...

web server does not open
I published a website http://a542104.uscgaux.info using FP several months ago. Accessing this site for installing/maintenance requires a user ID and password. Recently when I tried to update (the website uses FP Extensions, which I had used before with no problem) the site I get an error message with several options, none of which apply. The ID and password are correct, since I can access the cpanel by using them. But now, when I try to upload new pages from my computer, the website doesn't recognize me at all and does not even ask for the ID and password. Any suggestions...

Outlook Web Access #34
I have a problem reading mails from Russia usig OWA ? (it is all a lot of ?????? and maybe numbers). If I use a normal Outlook client there are no problems ? I have triet different regional settings but no luck ? Try posting this in an Exchange news group as OWA is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lost asked: | I h...

Mail Button on ie8
I just started using ie8 and was using hot mail I found out I could use live instead of live hot mail. My question is when I click the mail button it stills shows up hot mail.I set live as my default email but it didn't make any difference On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:59:03 -0800, kln wrote: > I just started using ie8 and was using hot mail I found out I could use live ... "Live" what? > ... instead of live hot mail. There are: Windows Live Mail (a desktop client, akin to MS Outlook Express. Windows Live Hotmail (an online email service, accessible by ...

importing excel spreadsheets into web-based applications
How do you automate importing data from an excel spreadsheet into a web-based applications. For example, a form on the web has fields for name, address, phone, email, etc. (some of the fields are required, some optional) and you have a spreadsheet with information for a 100 different people (or even 1 person), how do you fill in all the fields at once without having to cut and paste each field for each person. ...

Execl print to fit paper
how do you set a group of cells to print to fit (maximize to one page size, normally 8 1/2 x 11) on one (and only one) page? Select the cells to be printed, then: <File> <PrintArea> <SetPrintArea> Then: <File> <PageSetUp> <Page> tab, Then click on: "Fit To" 1 page wide by 1 page tall, Then <OK>. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

Form pages
Is it possible to have a two page form and only print the first page or second page when needed.? Depending on your design, you should be able to use the File/Print dialog box selection to print 1 of 2, or 2 of 2 pages. But, forms are made for data entry, and viewing... not printing. Better that you develop a rptPageOne and a rptPageTwo and select either for printing from your form. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." &quo...

Checkbok & printing
I'd like to set up Excel to track my checkbook. I've got a spreadsheet made up that does that and let's me reconcile easily. Is there a way to take selected entries from the spreadsheet and have them "appear" in a check-style template and then print out the checks? I'm using Excel 2000 on Win XP Home SP 1. Thanks! <*((((><{ Fishy@Ocean.Net Hi Fishy, As a starting point see xlDynamic at: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html --- Regards, Norman "<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message news:c7nn72...

Printing updated customer information on a Receipt
Hello all, I modified the receipt to print the customer's total number of visits and total amount spent (both from the customer record) at the bottom of the receipt. The problem is that it is always printing the values as they stand before the last transaction. Example: if I create a new customer, do a tranaction ($20) and print the receipt, the number of visits and amount spent will show as zero. When I do a second transaction the receipt will print the values (visits 1, amount spent $20) as they stand at the end of the first transaction. Does anyone know how I can force the receip...