Pop Up Windows

Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker
does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them?
--
Larry

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker
> does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them?
> --
> Larry

You don't.

They LOOK like a pop up to you, but the designer that wrote the page made
them not conform to the rules that define them as a pop up sepecifically to
avoid the blocker. Welcome to a world where standards can be ignored.

0
Jeff
3/12/2010 5:36:04 PM
Hi Larry,

Add those sites to your Restricted Sites zone. This will disable Active
Scripting by default and some other functions on those sites may not work.

A side note.. ensure you have the Default Security Zone settings for all
Zones as Popup blocking is also determined by the zone that the site loads
in.

Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

Regards.

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker
> does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them?
> --
> Larry

0
rob
3/12/2010 5:45:22 PM
And just check also that those sites are not in your IE Popup blocker white
list.

Tools>Popup blocker>Popup Blocker Settings

If you have other Popup blockers installed (Google toolbar), they also have
white lists. Usually I turn off other popup blockers and only use the
built-in IE popup blocker.

Regards.

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker
> does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them?
> --
> Larry

0
rob
3/12/2010 6:13:03 PM
Larry wrote:

> Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker
> does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them?

Those aren't popups.  That content is part of the web page so it is not a
popup.  CSS scripting is used to present content within the web page with
the ad content.  It is you that interprets the display as a separate dialog
or window but that's not what is actually happening.

The only way to disable those pseudo-popups is to disable scripting;
however, permanently disabling scripting will result in the loss of much
functionality at a vast number of web sites.  You probably don't want to
disable scripting in IE just because of a few rude sites.  You could add the
rude sites to the Restricted Sites list which disables scripting for their
web pages.  However, you might find that the rude site becomes unusable when
you disable scripting there.  They probably use scripting for more than just
their fake popup content.
0
VanguardLH

Windows 7 update
I updated my windows os and now my system runs slower AND my sound will not work. Any clue? Windows Update has nothing to to with upgrading Windows. Please post any future questions about upgrading in this forum: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads LD wrote: > I updated my windows os and now my system runs slower AND my sound will > not > work. Any clue? LD wrote: > I updated my windows os and now my system runs slower AND my sound > will not work. Any clue? Which updates did you install onto your Windows 7 OS? (Prefe...

How can I know whether the input method of a window is English or
Hi, I want to know the current input method of a window(the window belong to another application). I only want to know whether it is English or not. I have tried to get the result by API ImmIsIme, but it can not work well. Here is my code, //threadID is the thread identifier of a specific window if( ImmIsIME(GetKeyboardLayout(threadID)) == TRUE ) { MessageBox(NULL,"The input method is not English","",MB_OK); } It can get correct result in some application, but in other application it's result is not right. How can I know i...

Must accept EULA everytime Outlook 2003 opens in Windows 7
Just installed Office 2003. Everytime I open Outlook or any other office product the EULA pops up and I have to accept it. I'm the adman and I'm logged in as the adman. Can someone help me? Using Windows 7 or Windows Vista? Then you'll have to start an Office application explicitly with administrator permissions first; Hold SHIFT while right clicking on an Office shortcut and choose Run as Administrator. Accept the EULA and restart the application normally. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.co...

why when i try to use excel does it always come up windowes is pr.
I have excel if i use the run panel otherwise it says windows is preparing to install and then says a fatal error occured during installation why is it not funcutioning propery without doing this. Hi maybe the following helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265194 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany chelseaette wrote: > I have excel if i use the run panel otherwise it says windows is > preparing to install and then says a fatal error occured during > installation why is it not funcutioning propery without doing this. ...

end users agreement pops up everytime i open office word 2003
end users license agreement pops everytime i open msn office word 2003 Try logging in as Administrator and accept the agreement. Does that help? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "paul" <paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5B16F4E-823A-48E6-A5AF-2D12373D0FCE@microsoft.com... > end users license agreement pops everytime i open msn office word 2003 ...

SP1 Windows 2003
Is there any reason why after installing SP1 on my backup servers they are very SLOW... They atart out fast and as time goes on get slowere and slower. Thanks, Scott I've never seen that behavior. I'd suggest opening a PSS incident. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "stosti" <stosti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C61B95F-1183-4920-8E2A-D04FD8401ADF@microsoft.com... > Is there any reason why after installing SP1 on my backup servers they are > very SLOW... They atart out fast and as time goes on get slowere and > slower. > ...

Windows security panel
When trying to access my e mails a windows security panel has started popping up. It says 'Logon to pop.ntlworld.com' 'Please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server' This I do and tick the panel that says 'Remember my credentials' but it doesn't! Shortly after the same thing happenes again although it clears when the correct info is inserted. Any help you can give will be appreciated. Many thanks On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:01:41 +0100, "k" <jgnik@ntlworld.com> wrote: >When trying to access my ...

Trust relationship Windows 2003
Domain A and B need to make Trust relationship, both domains separated. Domain A is Parent Top Domain, Domain B i s Domain C's is child domain. Network access/firewall fully open between domain A and B. Domain A doesn't have routing access to B's parent Domain C. Both Domain A and B has domain administrator account to perform this task.In this condition can we create an intransitive trust against Domain A and B? if not what steps necessary to take? Hello Rush, Domain C isn't needed, you can create an external trust between A and B direct. Start with DNS: http...

chart sizes with window frame
Does anyone know if there is a option in Excel 2007 similar to the option "chart sizes with window frame" in Excel XP? Nope, it's gone. You can zoom the chart window to fill the Excel window, but that doesn't let you do what sizing to the window frame did. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "jashburn13" <jashburn13@charter.net> wrote in message news:8ac3ccfa-d1a6-4882-a98f-7670def2142f@f36g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know if there...

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800420CD
After using Windows Live Mail Desktop in Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) for 3 months, to access mail from AT&T, my wife's computer developed the following error that results in a continous attempt to download messages, counting up into the thousands, after receiving the messages that were actually in her At&T Yahoo mail box (I checked via web to verify her settings and see what was in her web mailbox). After the 15 new e-mails were received by Windows Live Mail, it keeps on trying to receive thousands of messages, but none actually show up in her In box and this will...

View contents of Vector in Debug watch window
Hi, I have a number of vectors and i would like to view their contents during run time. Can anyone tell me how i can view them in the debug watch window? Regards Macca My way, is to write a debug function that dumps the content of a given vector to Output view window using TRACE(...); shouldnt take few min to write and enclose it between #if defined _DEBUG compiler directive. Hope this help Viper "Macca" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a number of vectors and i would like to view their contents during > run time. Can anyone tell me how i can view them in the debug wa...

Windows Installer and explorer
Message: whenever I open explorer or any link in it, it opens windows installer and I wait for it to "install". It began in 7pro and since then I have uninstalled pro, uninstalled 7, and tried 6. to no avail. I reinstalled 7 and have tried every tweak in the program, still no luck. How do I kill the installer What IS Pro 7? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "mikeno" <mikeno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2378E086-BC90-473B-B458-C4E8A61B4F6D@microsoft.com... | Message: whenever I open explorer or any link in ...

Cannot Run Money 2002 After Installing on Windows XP
I installed Money 2002 on my system after reburning it with Windows XP. I get the error message "Unable to initialize a required Money component...". I have tried using the KB article 313374 to fix it, but CHECKSKU isn't creating the RequiredInfoState registry key. When I run CHECKSKU, it (correctly) notes that the RequiredInfoState registry key is missing. After answering "Yes" to the question "Do you want to try repairing the Money installation now?", I immediately get the error "Money is not installed correctly. Last error = 0x8007064A&qu...

Painting Inside a Dialog Window
I've wanted to so some "fancy" stuff on a dialog that involves drawing inside a static control. I've been using the book Programming Microsoft Visual C++, Fifth Edition by David Kruglinski, George Shepherd, & Scot Wingo published by Microsoft Press. On p.129, in a section titled "Painting Inside the Dialog Window", they give a prescription for doing just this thing. They say: " ... You must use ClassWizard to add an OnPaint member function to the dialog; this function must convert the static control's ID to a CWnd pointer and get its de...

exporting messages from Vista Windows Mail to Outlook 2003
I was able to export my contacts, but every time I try to export my messages, it tells me there was an error while trying to initialize MAPI. No explainations just that. I don't know what to do. I really need the messages in my Outlook. Does anyone have any suggestions??? ...

Customize Window
I wish to make a small change to a window. I open the window, click on Tools -> Customize...but 'Modify Current Window' is grayed out. Are we missing something? I found my answer...Modifier is required to modify windows. "Marsha" wrote: > I wish to make a small change to a window. I open the window, click on Tools > -> Customize...but 'Modify Current Window' is grayed out. Are we missing > something? ...

msbuild, express edition, and windows.h
I am trying to build something from *msbuild* that needs access to the platform sdk. I followed the directions for downloading the SDK and using it from the IDE, and that works. However, nothing I try will make the compiler stop yelling about a missing windows.h I tried several things: * Running a VS prompt and setting the Include env var. * editing vcvars32.bat to set the include var None of these things work. I would be left setting the include directory of all the projects in the solution, something that is rather annoying and might cause problems for the rest of us using standard edi...

Windows Live Mail automatically deletes message right after receiv
I check my e-mail account - there are messages that do not contain viruses for sure. Sometimes it's just a 'test' text. Right after receiving them in Windows Live Mail, some such messages are automatically deleted without any traces! Nothing in Junk, nothing in Deleted!! WTF... :( Check the View setting for each folder. View - Show or hide - Show all messages -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "Alexander" <Alexander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8502E5DB-4DF5-4E7...

two browser windows open from Outlook
I started using Mozilla Firefox as my default web browser. After clicking on a link in an HTML email in Outlook 2003, it opened up a Firefox window. However, it also popped up a "Locate Link Browser" box. Not wanting this box to pop up everytime I clicked on a link in Outlook, I selected the Firefox program. Now, as I had feared, two Firefox browser windows open each time I click on a link in an Outlook email. Any advice on how to get this to work properly again would be much appreciated. I'm also having this problem... have you managed to find a solution yet? "Sam...

WSS 3.0
Hi All, Good day! I have a WSS 3.0 installed together with our Project Server 2007. We are planning to change our authentication of our Project Server installation from Windows Authentication to Forms-Based Authentication. In our WSS 3.0 sites, the user account shows Windows-authentication account. Is there a way to change those user accounts to the new Forms- Based Authentication accounts? Thanks in advance, Noynoy Hi Noynoy, I haven't specifically tried what you are proposing, but I would have thought that the authentication type would be reflected in the WSS s...

Fyi..Support request regarding Windows Live Essential Wave 4 beta
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0178_01CB1938.618266B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable From the Windows Live Solution Center = http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=3D8a67c6f7-8a04-48d0-972e= -1252034d6390 <qp> To differentiate Windows Live Essentials Installer BETA related issues = from the current version, please add the word =93BETA=94 in the = =93Detailed Descriptions=94 to get your questions answered faster when = creating a Post. This will help ou...

Windows 2008 Server ( aka- longhorn)
I want to know if anyone can tell me when Dynamics GP is going to support Windows 2008 Server? If it is then which version is going to support the Windows 2008 Server? Thanks ...

Windows Media starts & stops
My Windows Media player (v. 10) sometimes starts and stops automatically while playing. e.g. it may start for 12 sec, stop for 12 sec, then continue, etc. Could this be a paging file size (768 MB) issue, RAM size issue (512 MB), or what else? Are the files on the primary hard drive... ? Is it a laptop... ? -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -- On 5/15/2010 3:27 PM, Taknstok wrote: > My Windows Media player (v. 10) sometimes star...

windows installer 3.0
My computer is OS Windows XP PRO, SP3. I attempted to upgrade my security suite CA2007 to CA ISS 2010 and I was only able to partially install it. A windows installer message kept popping up asking to install a file from a temp folder and showing the Source List product code. I used regedit to look up the code and it belongs to a "AMRT.msi". Looking for this file on the Web; I think it could possibly be malware. It is not doing anything-I think-it is just there in the registry. This pop up message from Windows Installer is preventing me from installing AntiVirus softwar...

VB6 on Windows 7 64-Bit
Hello- First, i enable PC Administrator Second, i follow http://msmvps.com/blogs/bill/archive/2004/07/14/10069.aspx Right. VB6 is installed on Windows 7 64-Bit Now i want to install SP6. -setupsp6.exe doesn't run (it is a 16 bit application, -isn't it?) -I try with rename sp698vbo.stf as acmsetup.stf, and run acmsetup.exe Works until message error: ... installer does not detect installed Visual Studio 6.0 products ... Sombody knows how to resolve this? -- <Harvey Triana /> Harvey Triana wrote: > Hello- > > First, i enable PC Administrato...