Opening Home Page with Full Screen

Really stupid question and don't even know where to post it. I have Windows 
7. How do I get a full screen (instantly) when clicking on my home page 
(Yahoo).  I shouldn't have to go to View and select Full Screen every time.  
It just recently started doing this...opening with a small "slit" of a 
screen.  Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to post.
0
Utf
5/27/2010 8:51:16 PM
internetexplorer.general 1684 articles. 0 followers. Follow

13 Replies
1008 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 56

"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:D6AC04AE-370D-4018-A28E-F5D855BBFC88@microsoft.com...
> Really stupid question and don't even know where to post it. I have 
> Windows
> 7. How do I get a full screen (instantly) when clicking on my home page
> (Yahoo).  I shouldn't have to go to View and select Full Screen every 
> time.
> It just recently started doing this...opening with a small "slit" of a
> screen.  Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

You can Right Click the icon and choose Properties, and select Maximized in 
the Run dropdown box.

This will cause IE to open in as close to full screen as you can get without 
being full screen. If Normal is selected, then the window will be less than 
full screen, and you can use the View Menu to go to full screen. But, if the 
window opens maximized, then you probably won't need full screen anyway.





0
Jeff
5/27/2010 9:05:14 PM
F11

Pat wrote:
> Really stupid question and don't even know where to post it. I have 
> Windows
> 7. How do I get a full screen (instantly) when clicking on my home page
> (Yahoo).  I shouldn't have to go to View and select Full Screen every 
> time.
> It just recently started doing this...opening with a small "slit" of a
> screen.  Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to post. 

0
PA
5/28/2010 4:55:25 AM
While F11 will invoke Full Screen, by reading his description of the 
trouble, he's opening in a Normal window that's been pushed down to a small 
size. I think that what he really needs is to force the window ot open 
Maximized, so it fills the screen.

To do this, right-coick the icon and choose Properties, then in the Run box 
select Maximized.



"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:OfqoNIi$KHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> F11
>
> Pat wrote:
>> Really stupid question and don't even know where to post it. I have 
>> Windows
>> 7. How do I get a full screen (instantly) when clicking on my home page
>> (Yahoo).  I shouldn't have to go to View and select Full Screen every 
>> time.
>> It just recently started doing this...opening with a small "slit" of a
>> screen.  Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to post.
> 


0
Jeff
5/28/2010 2:41:56 PM
Yes, F11 enlarges the screen as does selecting "Maximize" in the upper right 
corner of the screen.  When I click on Properties there is no "Maximize" 
option.  I'm trying to eliminate that extra step.  What I am wanting is for 
the full screen to display when I click on the Yahoo icon as it always did in 
the past.   What I get is a very narrow, long slit (about one inch by the 
width of the screen.)  

"Jeff Strickland" wrote:

> While F11 will invoke Full Screen, by reading his description of the 
> trouble, he's opening in a Normal window that's been pushed down to a small 
> size. I think that what he really needs is to force the window ot open 
> Maximized, so it fills the screen.
> 
> To do this, right-coick the icon and choose Properties, then in the Run box 
> select Maximized.
> 
> 
> 
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:OfqoNIi$KHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >
> > F11
> >
> > Pat wrote:
> >> Really stupid question and don't even know where to post it. I have 
> >> Windows
> >> 7. How do I get a full screen (instantly) when clicking on my home page
> >> (Yahoo).  I shouldn't have to go to View and select Full Screen every 
> >> time.
> >> It just recently started doing this...opening with a small "slit" of a
> >> screen.  Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to post.
> > 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
5/28/2010 9:00:01 PM
"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:0D846FB1-E256-4A6C-B470-B0182C601CBF@microsoft.com...
> Yes, F11 enlarges the screen as does selecting "Maximize" in the upper 
> right
> corner of the screen.  When I click on Properties there is no "Maximize"
> option.  I'm trying to eliminate that extra step.  What I am wanting is 
> for
> the full screen to display when I click on the Yahoo icon as it always did 
> in
> the past.   What I get is a very narrow, long slit (about one inch by the
> width of the screen.)
>


That means the window is opening as a "Normal Window" that has been resized. 
That shape was remembered from a previous closing of the application, and 
you can change it by resizing and then closing and restarting the 
application. But, what you really want is to change the behavior when an 
application starts.

This is changed by doing a Right Click ON THE ICON THAT STARTS THE PROGRAM, 
then on the dialog box that opens there is a dropdown box that's labelled as 
Run. Select the down arrow to open the box and change the selected option 
from "Normal window" to "Maximized".

This will force the application -- any application but we're working on 
Internet Explorer -- to open in such a fashion as to fill the screen.

From what you said earlier, "When I click Properties there is no "Maximize" 
option," then I assume you're clicking File>Properties from within IE. You 
must right click the icon and pick Properties from the dialog box that 
opens, but you are clicking File>Properties from within the application 
after it is already open.







0
Jeff
5/28/2010 9:19:03 PM
Full screen (AKA kiosk mode) and maximized are not the same things.

Close all but one (1) of these smaller windows. "Grab" the corners of the 
remaining window with your cursor and "stretch" it to the desired size but 
do NOT maximize it! Now close the resized window.

The resized window MUST be the last window closed in order for its size to 
be remembered.

Or you can install IE New Window Maximizer and forget about it!
http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/
-- 
~PA Bear


Pat wrote:
> Yes, F11 enlarges the screen as does selecting "Maximize" in the upper 
> right
> corner of the screen.  When I click on Properties there is no "Maximize"
> option.  I'm trying to eliminate that extra step.  What I am wanting is 
> for
> the full screen to display when I click on the Yahoo icon as it always did
> in the past.   What I get is a very narrow, long slit (about one inch by 
> the
> width of the screen.)
>
> "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
>
>> While F11 will invoke Full Screen, by reading his description of the
>> trouble, he's opening in a Normal window that's been pushed down to a 
>> small
>> size. I think that what he really needs is to force the window ot open
>> Maximized, so it fills the screen.
>>
>> To do this, right-coick the icon and choose Properties, then in the Run 
>> box
>> select Maximized.
>>
>>
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:OfqoNIi$KHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> F11
>>>
>>> Pat wrote:
>>>> Really stupid question and don't even know where to post it. I have
>>>> Windows
>>>> 7. How do I get a full screen (instantly) when clicking on my home page
>>>> (Yahoo).  I shouldn't have to go to View and select Full Screen every
>>>> time.
>>>> It just recently started doing this...opening with a small "slit" of a
>>>> screen.  Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to post.
>>>
>>
>>
>> . 

0
PA
5/28/2010 9:46:00 PM
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:Oi45d9q$KHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Full screen (AKA kiosk mode) and maximized are not the same things.
>
> Close all but one (1) of these smaller windows. "Grab" the corners of the 
> remaining window with your cursor and "stretch" it to the desired size but 
> do NOT maximize it! Now close the resized window.
>
> The resized window MUST be the last window closed in order for its size to 
> be remembered.
>

???

Full Screen and Maximized are the same thing except in Full Screen, the 
Title Bar and the Task Bar are removed.

No matter if IE opens in a Normal Window or opens Maximized, pressing F11 
will force Full Screen display.

The OP really wants Maximized so the display fills the screen instead of 
being constrained to a narrow strip that came about by resizing the window. 
He wants Maximized, not Full Screen.

Full Screen is a PITA because you can't simply click out to another 
application. You must press F11 again to get to a place where the Task Bar 
shows, and then navigate away to the desired application.




0
Jeff
5/28/2010 10:31:12 PM
Thank you.  I changed from Normal Window to Maximize after right-clicking on 
the IE icon.  On my desktop I have the IE icon and also the My Yahoo (my 
homepage) icon. Clicking on the latter still produces the small slit screen 
(which is the very top of the Yahoo page).  However, clicking on the IE icon 
opens full screen.  So, rather than frustrate myself by trying to open the 
homepage as I have for years, I simply need to change my ways and open it 
with the IE icon.  Thanks again.  

"Jeff Strickland" wrote:

> "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:0D846FB1-E256-4A6C-B470-B0182C601CBF@microsoft.com...
> > Yes, F11 enlarges the screen as does selecting "Maximize" in the upper 
> > right
> > corner of the screen.  When I click on Properties there is no "Maximize"
> > option.  I'm trying to eliminate that extra step.  What I am wanting is 
> > for
> > the full screen to display when I click on the Yahoo icon as it always did 
> > in
> > the past.   What I get is a very narrow, long slit (about one inch by the
> > width of the screen.)
> >
> 
> 
> That means the window is opening as a "Normal Window" that has been resized. 
> That shape was remembered from a previous closing of the application, and 
> you can change it by resizing and then closing and restarting the 
> application. But, what you really want is to change the behavior when an 
> application starts.
> 
> This is changed by doing a Right Click ON THE ICON THAT STARTS THE PROGRAM, 
> then on the dialog box that opens there is a dropdown box that's labelled as 
> Run. Select the down arrow to open the box and change the selected option 
> from "Normal window" to "Maximized".
> 
> This will force the application -- any application but we're working on 
> Internet Explorer -- to open in such a fashion as to fill the screen.
> 
> From what you said earlier, "When I click Properties there is no "Maximize" 
> option," then I assume you're clicking File>Properties from within IE. You 
> must right click the icon and pick Properties from the dialog box that 
> opens, but you are clicking File>Properties from within the application 
> after it is already open.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
5/28/2010 10:32:01 PM
Well, that was easy! (New IE Window Maximizer) Many thanks PA Bear!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Full screen (AKA kiosk mode) and maximized are not the same things.
> 
> Close all but one (1) of these smaller windows. "Grab" the corners of the 
> remaining window with your cursor and "stretch" it to the desired size but 
> do NOT maximize it! Now close the resized window.
> 
> The resized window MUST be the last window closed in order for its size to 
> be remembered.
> 
> Or you can install IE New Window Maximizer and forget about it!
> http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/
> -- 
> ~PA Bear
> 
> 
> Pat wrote:
> > Yes, F11 enlarges the screen as does selecting "Maximize" in the upper 
> > right
> > corner of the screen.  When I click on Properties there is no "Maximize"
> > option.  I'm trying to eliminate that extra step.  What I am wanting is 
> > for
> > the full screen to display when I click on the Yahoo icon as it always did
> > in the past.   What I get is a very narrow, long slit (about one inch by 
> > the
> > width of the screen.)
> >
> > "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
> >
> >> While F11 will invoke Full Screen, by reading his description of the
> >> trouble, he's opening in a Normal window that's been pushed down to a 
> >> small
> >> size. I think that what he really needs is to force the window ot open
> >> Maximized, so it fills the screen.
> >>
> >> To do this, right-coick the icon and choose Properties, then in the Run 
> >> box
> >> select Maximized.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:OfqoNIi$KHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >>>
> >>> F11
> >>>
> >>> Pat wrote:
> >>>> Really stupid question and don't even know where to post it. I have
> >>>> Windows
> >>>> 7. How do I get a full screen (instantly) when clicking on my home page
> >>>> (Yahoo).  I shouldn't have to go to View and select Full Screen every
> >>>> time.
> >>>> It just recently started doing this...opening with a small "slit" of a
> >>>> screen.  Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to post.
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >> . 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
5/28/2010 10:43:01 PM
You're welcome.

I'm a bit confused by your reference to a Yahoo icon, but never mind that.

Start IE, and click TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS, then in the General Tab, enter 
WWW.YAHOO.COM for your Home Page. (Alternatively, go to Yahoo! by whatever 
means you are accustomed to, then in the Internet Options, General Tab, 
click the Use Current button, and that address will become the page that 
comes up everytime IE is started. You can also have secondary home pages by 
entering multiple addresses. Look around under the Tabs heading of the 
General Tab and make your selections.

When I have a new tab open, I prefer it to be my first homepage. I select a 
new tab, and leave the actual First Home Page alone. When the new tab opens, 
I can input a new address to navigate to, and my home page remains 
unaffected. I have it set to Yahoo because I like to jump back to see what's 
going on with the news. I also have a tab set for Google and one set for 
MSN.

In any case, it is easy to make Yahoo the page that comes up when IE is 
started. You can delete the Yahoo icon from your desktop.

Conversely, you should be able to force the Yahoo window to Maximized by 
pressing the center button of the three that are in the upper right hand 
corner. The center buttom will force the screen to Maximized. Then close the 
window and use your icon to start again. It should restart Maximized since 
that was the last state it was in the last time it was closed.



"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:DA525A7B-4E12-48FC-B37D-358D16FB6707@microsoft.com...
> Thank you.  I changed from Normal Window to Maximize after right-clicking 
> on
> the IE icon.  On my desktop I have the IE icon and also the My Yahoo (my
> homepage) icon. Clicking on the latter still produces the small slit 
> screen
> (which is the very top of the Yahoo page).  However, clicking on the IE 
> icon
> opens full screen.  So, rather than frustrate myself by trying to open the
> homepage as I have for years, I simply need to change my ways and open it
> with the IE icon.  Thanks again.
>
> "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
>
>> "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:0D846FB1-E256-4A6C-B470-B0182C601CBF@microsoft.com...
>> > Yes, F11 enlarges the screen as does selecting "Maximize" in the upper
>> > right
>> > corner of the screen.  When I click on Properties there is no 
>> > "Maximize"
>> > option.  I'm trying to eliminate that extra step.  What I am wanting is
>> > for
>> > the full screen to display when I click on the Yahoo icon as it always 
>> > did
>> > in
>> > the past.   What I get is a very narrow, long slit (about one inch by 
>> > the
>> > width of the screen.)
>> >
>>
>>
>> That means the window is opening as a "Normal Window" that has been 
>> resized.
>> That shape was remembered from a previous closing of the application, and
>> you can change it by resizing and then closing and restarting the
>> application. But, what you really want is to change the behavior when an
>> application starts.
>>
>> This is changed by doing a Right Click ON THE ICON THAT STARTS THE 
>> PROGRAM,
>> then on the dialog box that opens there is a dropdown box that's labelled 
>> as
>> Run. Select the down arrow to open the box and change the selected option
>> from "Normal window" to "Maximized".
>>
>> This will force the application -- any application but we're working on
>> Internet Explorer -- to open in such a fashion as to fill the screen.
>>
>> From what you said earlier, "When I click Properties there is no 
>> "Maximize"
>> option," then I assume you're clicking File>Properties from within IE. 
>> You
>> must right click the icon and pick Properties from the dialog box that
>> opens, but you are clicking File>Properties from within the application
>> after it is already open.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


0
Jeff
5/28/2010 10:55:37 PM

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:htphme$h8k$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> You're welcome.
>
> I'm a bit confused by your reference to a Yahoo icon, but never mind that.


Me too.   I think it would help to see its Properties.   E.g. is it a 
Desktop shortcut (aka .lnk file) in which case your  Run: Maximized idea 
would work with it too) or is it an Internet shortcut (aka .URL file) in 
which case she doesn't have that option?



> Conversely, you should be able to force the Yahoo window to Maximized by 
> pressing the center button of the three that are in the upper right hand 
> corner. The center buttom will force the screen to Maximized. Then close 
> the window and use your icon to start again. It should restart Maximized 
> since that was the last state it was in the last time it was closed.


 Not usually.   That's why we have to tell people not to do that but to 
maximally size the window and then close it (as the last instance of 
iexplore.exe running) in order to make that size persist as an alternative 
to having a window with a persistent Maximized state.


FYI

Robert
---  

0
Robert
5/29/2010 3:41:52 AM
YW!

Pat wrote:
> Well, that was easy! (New IE Window Maximizer) Many thanks PA Bear!
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Full screen (AKA kiosk mode) and maximized are not the same things.
>>
>> Close all but one (1) of these smaller windows. "Grab" the corners of the
>> remaining window with your cursor and "stretch" it to the desired size 
>> but
>> do NOT maximize it! Now close the resized window.
>>
>> The resized window MUST be the last window closed in order for its size 
>> to
>> be remembered.
>>
>> Or you can install IE New Window Maximizer and forget about it!
>> http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>>
>> Pat wrote:
>>> Yes, F11 enlarges the screen as does selecting "Maximize" in the upper
>>> right
>>> corner of the screen.  When I click on Properties there is no "Maximize"
>>> option.  I'm trying to eliminate that extra step.  What I am wanting is
>>> for
>>> the full screen to display when I click on the Yahoo icon as it always 
>>> did
>>> in the past.   What I get is a very narrow, long slit (about one inch by
>>> the
>>> width of the screen.)
>>>
>>> "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
>>>
>>>> While F11 will invoke Full Screen, by reading his description of the
>>>> trouble, he's opening in a Normal window that's been pushed down to a
>>>> small
>>>> size. I think that what he really needs is to force the window ot open
>>>> Maximized, so it fills the screen.
>>>>
>>>> To do this, right-coick the icon and choose Properties, then in the Run
>>>> box
>>>> select Maximized.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:OfqoNIi$KHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>>>
>>>>> F11
>>>>>
>>>>> Pat wrote:
>>>>>> Really stupid question and don't even know where to post it. I have
>>>>>> Windows
>>>>>> 7. How do I get a full screen (instantly) when clicking on my home 
>>>>>> page
>>>>>> (Yahoo).  I shouldn't have to go to View and select Full Screen every
>>>>>> time.
>>>>>> It just recently started doing this...opening with a small "slit" of 
>>>>>> a
>>>>>> screen.  Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to post.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> .
>>
>> . 

0
PA
5/29/2010 3:45:36 AM
"Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message 
news:O$nVqDu$KHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
>
> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:htphme$h8k$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>> You're welcome.
>>
>> I'm a bit confused by your reference to a Yahoo icon, but never mind 
>> that.
>
>
> Me too.   I think it would help to see its Properties.   E.g. is it a 
> Desktop shortcut (aka .lnk file) in which case your  Run: Maximized idea 
> would work with it too) or is it an Internet shortcut (aka .URL file) in 
> which case she doesn't have that option?
>
>
>
>> Conversely, you should be able to force the Yahoo window to Maximized by 
>> pressing the center button of the three that are in the upper right hand 
>> corner. The center buttom will force the screen to Maximized. Then close 
>> the window and use your icon to start again. It should restart Maximized 
>> since that was the last state it was in the last time it was closed.
>
>
> Not usually.   That's why we have to tell people not to do that but to 
> maximally size the window and then close it (as the last instance of 
> iexplore.exe running) in order to make that size persist as an alternative 
> to having a window with a persistent Maximized state.
>
>

My personal preference is that all windows always be opened in the Maximized 
state. On the few occasions when I want multiple windows up and visible at 
the same time, I adjust them as needed for the job at hand. I use the Icon 
Properties (tight click the icon and choose Proiperties) and set all 
programs to run Maximized. I never have the problem the OP is having where a 
window comes up as a narrow slit of a space, aka a Normal Window that's been 
set for unknown reasons to an odd shape.






0
Jeff
5/29/2010 4:25:16 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

need to reload 2007 home/student have prod key
where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key On 2/04/2010 7:21 PM, howie2006 wrote: > where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key Where is the CD? On 2/04/2010 7:21 PM, howie2006 wrote: > where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key Sorry that was not very helpful. If you had the CD you would not be posting here. The only thing I could find was a 60 day Office professional trial. http://trial.trymicrosoftoffice.com/ HTH http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads/ ...

Opening Screen in 2007
Using Office 2007 When one of my users open Publisher, she sees a "Getting Started With Publisher" screen when she must choose "blank page size" and then navigate through all the blank page sizes that are available to find the standard 8 1/2 by 11. This happens every time she launches Publisher. Another user opens Publisher and immediately has a blank page that is 8 1/2 by 11 and is ready for typing. I have looked under Tools / Customize and Tools / Options to find the place to uncheck the getting started screen as the opening screen. Cannot find what I'm loo...

Vista Home Premium / Dell Vostro ...how to clone
Installed Seagate DiscWizard, Power down, Connected 2nd / 500gb hd (ST3500418AS) (to match size of current boot hd) Power/boot up, ....progressed through DiscWizard "Clone" options, and final Warning includes:- "Vista Users should have their Vista installation discs ready following reboot, Follow the onscreen instructions if prompted by the operating system after the migration completes." Now, this Dell Vostro didn't come with any discs, (only the recovery partition), ....unfmailiar with MS's Vista licensing traps - ...any idea if not having ...

New Workbook When Opening Excel
Hi, Somehow I've lost my "new" workbook when I open excel. It opens with grey in the workbook space and Getting Started on the right. I'd like it to open with a new workbook ready to go, no Getting Started, but can't figure out how. Thanks. Marti Check to see if you have a workbook in your XLStart folder. If you do, move it (or delete it??) Marti wrote: > > Hi, > > Somehow I've lost my "new" workbook when I open excel. It opens with > grey in the workbook space and Getting Started on the right. I'd like > it to open with a n...

Opening/linking .xlsx files
I have had trouble linking new .xlsx files to my existing .xls files. Excel would shut down. So I started saving all my files in the old .xls format. I recently created a new file using .xlsx, but when I try to reopen it, Excel shuts down. Any suggestions??? -- Jim Are you able to open Excel 2007? Try to create a new file and reopen it. If this does not work then try... Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start->Run-> excel.exe /unregserver ->OK. 2) Start->Run-> excel.exe /regserver ->OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to design...

Long delay in opening New Message windows
My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or more just to open a create new message window. How do I fix this? Did you add any 3rd party software into the Add Ins -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Jembeaux" <Jembeaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58C3591-9431-4BDF-8D32-9ACE1E12D41E@microsoft.com... > My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or > more just to open a create ne...

Configuration restarts each time an Office module is opened
Hi All I am going quite mad. I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on one Vista notebook. Well and good. I try it on another notebook, register it successfully and now each time I open Word it tries to perform a setup again, with a Configuration Progress dialogue popping up. A few decades later Word appears. There is absolutely no indication what the problem may be. Any ideas are welcome. Cheers Andre Never mind. Problem solved. The registry needed manual editing. "J Andr´┐Ż Labuschagn´┐Ż" <technical@eduadmin.com> wrote in messa...

Problem with empty page
hi asp.net 3.5 I have a webpage which if it has a querystring attached it'll display some usefull information. But if no querystring is attached it displays this content: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD> <BODY></BODY></HTML> I've tryed to put some logic into the page so when no querystring is used it should give some values to a Literal control on the page. That code executes ...

Is there a way to have 2 Outlook email accounts open at the same .
Currently I have to close one email account before checking my second email account, which I do all day long and is a bit of a nuisance. Please help! There's got to be a way that I can keep both open and just click on the bar on the bottom of the page to go from one to the other with ease ... please tell me how to do that! Thank you!!! -- Diane It's so easy to do, I'm sure that's why you missed it. Tools > Email Accounts... > Add the other accounts. Each will show in the same Outlook window, but in different PSTs. bondg "Diane" <Diane@discuss...

PrintPreview
Hello, I developed a VC++/MFC SDI application. The program supports PrintPreview. However, I only want the user to go forward ("Next Page") and not backward ("Prev Page"). How do I hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons? TIA, Jacques Hello All, I found a nice Print Preview replacement toolbar (with bitmap buttons) on codeguru. To hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons, simply remove them from the CMyPreviewView::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) method. The article was written by Robin J. Leatherbarrow. Thank...

Supressing Errors on my Screen
Hi, I am running a script against a list of 165 servers. Part of the reason I am running this script is to see if I can connect to all of them. In many cases I can not. I get a screen full of Bright red Error messages. Is there any way to suprpress these errors? The command I am running is: $OS = Get-WmiObject "Win32_OperatingSystem" -computername ($strComputer) If ($OS) { $WS.Cells.Item($rRow, 2) = "Online" $WS.Cells.Item($rRow, 3) = $OS.Caption } Else { $ws.Cells.Item($rRow, 2) = "Pings" ...

How do you print the last page of an 8 page banner in Publisher?
When I make a large banner, I would like to select a particular page to print. The print preview option allows selection of pages 1,2, etc but does not allow for example only the last page. Print to a PDF... http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "FredSC" <FredSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78386D22-8473-4EC8-A032-82F802A26C59@microsoft.com... > When I make a large banner, I would like to select a particular page to > print. The print preview option allow...

Opening E-mail with excel attachment
I cannot open excel files people send me through e-mail it asks to check if path and filename are correct and that I have all the libraries required, i have excel97...can someboby please help m Try this first In Microsoft Excel 97, on the Tools menu, click Options. Click the General tab. Clear the Ignore Other Applications checkbox, and click OK. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B135A4B-65A9-47FB-BDA1-A884C31BAC55@microsoft.com... > I cannot open excel files peo...

why Can't i open a .eml attachment
I think that EML files need either Outlook Express or Windows Mail to open. Normally those are installed on a system. If you save the file to your hard drive can you double-click on it to open it? "steved25" <steved25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9CC357B-D502-4776-AAB7-6EE325F59758@microsoft.com... > what happens when you try? do you have google desktop search installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.s...

XLSX Files Will Not Open
Using Windows 7 / Excel 2007. I can open old xls files using Excel 2007 but can not open any xlsx files. When I select an xlsx file to open, a new blank worksheet opens instead of the selected file. The "ignore other applications" box is unchecked as recommended in other posts and I have re-installed Office. Neither solved the problem. Please help. Kind regards, -- Windog ...

Spacing between paragraphs at bottom of page
I consider myself an advanced user with Word, but this annoyance has fooled me. How do I stop the additional spacing between paragraphs at the end of pages? This happens when I have a longer paragraph, and the document decides to keep the text altogether rather than on two separate pages. Any idea on how this can be fixed? Thanks! It's not clear to me what you're describing, but perhaps there is something in http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm that will apply to your problem. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, A...

Excel97--Each workbook opens new application
Excel 97: Each xls file opens a separate copy of Excel. How do I get multiple workbooks to open in one application? Jim Tools>Options>General. Uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:27:39 -0800, "JimL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Excel 97: Each xls file opens a separate copy of Excel. >How do I get multiple workbooks to open in one application? ...

Open Close workbooks
HI I have a workbook that user's use to input changed data each day into severval different worksheets, once data is entered they have to save it as filename(date) what I need is a macro that will close the saved workbook and re-open the original. eg saved worksheet is tallysheet28-8-05 original workbook tallysheet Hi bbc1 Look in the VBA for SaveCopyAs Your origenal workbook stay open and a copy will be saved with the name you want Dim wb As Workbook Set wb = ActiveWorkbook wb.SaveCopyAs "C:\" & wb.Name & " " & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss"...

Workbook with macros hangs up when opening, only with certain user
Chip Pearson has some notes about startup problems at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Ron516 wrote: -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Trying to get a type of video file format to open and run on my we
I created a video using Windows Movie maker and saved as .wmp file. I saved it to my computer and then inserted on my web page under Front Page 2003. Nothing! I then converted the file to avi format - still nothing! I then tried mpeg4 still nothing. The manual is next to useless on this subject. Anyone tell me what I need to do so that when a user opens up the page the video plays automatically. -- Simon Holloway Save as a .wmv and insert a suitable player into the page. For IE only, Insert->Web Component->Advanced Controls->ActiveX Control Click Next Choose Window...

script error running reports from home pages, why??
I'm not a GP user/expert, we recently installed GP2010. Since then one user has said, "When I try to run reports from the home pages, I am getting this script error and cannot run any reports." The error is: Line 47 Char 5 Error The system cannot find the file specified Code 0 URL: file:///C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp/AE8.tmp I have received differing responses to this issue: 1) enable the Run command on the Start menu of our XenApp server for the regular domain users, which I view as a big security risk 2) "the UserData folder does not exist in the %ap...

attachment greyed out and can't open
In Outlook, when I receive an email with an attachment, the attachment is greyed out and it says that OE has blocked the attachment. Is there a security checkbox or something that can be reset so I can receive my attachments? open outlook express and select tools | options | security tab. uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Paula" <paula@wsadvantage.com> wrote in message news:0c6901c36bcc$98b7ab20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook, when I receive an email with an attachment, > the attachment is greyed out and it says that OE has > blocke...

OWA renders Page cannot be displayed
Hi, We are have Exchange 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Server. We are allowing access to OWA from outside the network through SSL. We are having a problem with a few emails giving a page cannot be displayed error when trying to view them. These same emails can be viewed with no problems from inside the network(not using SSL). We have URLScan installed, but I can't see anything in the .ini file that would cause these emails to not display correctly. Any suggestions? ...

is there any way to STACK the page tabs?
I have a worksheet with lots of sheets (pages?) each one of which naturally has its own tab. Is there any way these tabs can be "Stacked" so to be all visible at the bottom of the page, rather than have to scroll sideways in order to see the tabs? TIA Excel 2002 This is not possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Mighty Magpie" <mighty.magpie@home> wrote in message news:LAPVb.2214$vo1.1147@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net... > I have a worksheet with lots of sheets (pages?) each one of whic...

can not open lib file
hi, if a try to compile a porgramm i get always the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "TranslationController.lib" kann nicht geoeffnet werden --> can not open the lib ....waht do i hier wrong please....??? thnaks You need to locate the .lib file, and make sure msdev is looking for it in the right place by looking in Tools->Options + Directories tab. Jase "Marc" <rote_granit@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:013901c3c807$5a8f8fb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > if a try to compile a porgramm i get always > the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104:...